HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Chris Botta on Chris Kreider (All Kreider discussion)

Closed Thread

Old
02-28-2012, 03:10 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by -31- View Post
may I ask how you have such insight into his personality?
ive spoken with him a few times. he was going to do an interview for my blog, we spoke a few times setting it up, then NYR management asked him not to do the interview. *shrugs*

Old
02-28-2012, 03:11 PM
Gardner McKay
Hey Hey...

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAGLine View Post
Not true. If Kreider is unsigned by August 15th, 2013, he will be UFA. He will be too old to go back into the draft. It's not the same situation as Erixon. Calgary only had 2 years with Erixon because he was drafted out of Sweden. With NCAA players, teams have until August 15th of the year of the player's graduating class. For Kreider, that is 2013.

Once his ELC is done, he will still be RFA. Boston would have to give him an offer sheet, Kreider sign it, and the Rangers not match. Otherwise, Kreider will not be UFA until he is 27 (excepting if he doesn't sign with us by August 15th, 2013, or he goes to arbitration and we walk away from the award, a la Zherdev).
If the B's want to offersheet him to way more then he is worth, be my guest. Other wise the kids going no where.

Old
02-28-2012, 03:14 PM
GAGLine

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8 View Post
I understand your point but don't tons of players take ATOs before contracts or am I mistaken? I know McIlrath signed last year in March so he had one before doing the ATO in Hartford.
Yes, a lot of junior players do. Yogan played on an ATO last year and he is still unsigned. But for Yogan, that made sense. He's trying to earn a contract. Kreider is going to have one handed to him the minute he steps off the BC campus. I'd have to imagine that his agent would advise him to work out the NHL contract first before signing an ATO.

Old
02-28-2012, 03:20 PM
Nyrvana

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaneone View Post
Lol he definitely didn't need to apologize. I don't care if he roots for the Bruins over the Rangers right now. As long as he plays with us and actually tries when he plays against the Bruins, I don't care who he roots for.
Agreed. The kid was 20 years old. His hometown team was in game 7 of the stanley cup. How could you not be pumped, regardless of what team you were drafted on? Oh well, if that's your only reasoning for thinking he won't sign, people need to get a life and concentrate on things that are important.

Old
02-28-2012, 03:31 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

I think Kreider needs to complete additional classes this summer to graduate, no? Can anyone confirm?

Old
02-28-2012, 03:48 PM
Vitto79

so if Kreider signs and plays 9 games only does his contract not slide to the next yr anyway?

Sathers comments about guys from College makes me think they are thinking about it

playoffs dont count on contracts right?

Old
02-28-2012, 04:00 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
so if Kreider signs and plays 9 games only does his contract not slide to the next yr anyway?

Sathers comments about guys from College makes me think they are thinking about it

playoffs dont count on contracts right?
Good point. If he only plays 9 games his contract SHOULD slide. Not sure about playoffs, though.

Old
02-28-2012, 04:12 PM
Screw You Rick Nash
🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨

vCash: 3000
From what I got from Capgeek, the contract will NOT slide, no matter how many games he plays.

http://www.capgeek.com/faq/how-does-...ract-slide.php

Since he will be over 19 when he signs the ELC, he doesn't qualify to get his contract sled (slid, or slided? Who knows?) to the next season.

-.+++++++++++++.-------.--.+++++++++++++.+.>+.>.

New and improved Hockey Standings
"A jimmie for a jimmie makes the whole world rustled." -31-
Old
02-28-2012, 04:16 PM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

Only 18 and 19 year olds can have their ELCs slide.

Old
02-28-2012, 04:20 PM
bmw2004

Did we sign him to a contract?

What is the discussion about?

Old
02-28-2012, 04:23 PM
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato

For what it's worth, as a recent BC grad (well I suppose not sooo recent anymore) I have had the opportunity to interact with Chris in several "social situations". He is as standup and mature of a person as you will find, and as committed of a college hockey player (to his team and bettering his trade) as you will find.

02-28-2012, 04:23 PM
Screw You Rick Nash
🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Only 18 and 19 year olds can have their ELCs slide.
Yep, I know that now. By the way, since you are a CBA genius, how long is the CBA? Because I want to read it to learn random rules, but if it's gigantic, I rather not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw2004 View Post
Did we sign him to a contract?

What is the discussion about?
There's a rumor Sather plans on signing Kreider to use him for the playoffs, but if he does that, it would burn a year on the contract.

Old
02-28-2012, 04:24 PM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

Article 9.1

Quote:
(d) (i) In the event that an 18 year old or 19 year old Player signs an SPC
with a Club but does not play at least ten (10) NHL Games in the first season under that
SPC, the term of his SPC and his number of years in the Entry Level System shall be
extended for a period of one (1) year, except that this automatic extension will not apply
to a Player who is 19 according to Section 9.2 by virtue of turning 20 between September
16 and December 31 in the year in which he first signs an SPC. Unless a Player and Club
expressly agree to the contrary, in the event a Player's SPC is extended an additional year
in accordance with this subsection, all terms of the SPC, with the except ion of Signing
Bonuses, but including Paragraph 1 Salary, games played bonuses and Exhibit 5 bonuses,
shall be extended; provided, however, that the Player's Paragraph 1 Salary shall be
extended in all circumstances.

Old
02-28-2012, 04:28 PM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

The CBA is over 400 pages. You can download it.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/page.htm?id=26366

Old
02-28-2012, 04:29 PM
JeffMangum
A Love Supreme

vCash: 300
Takes a lot to get through it and get a thorough understanding of it. I've read the first few parts of it a few times but I haven't buckled down and really gone through it yet. I'm starting to read a bit more if it, though, as I downloaded a file of it onto my Nook, so if I have nothing to do in class, I can just pull that out and read some of it.

#TannerGlass2014
SEEN YOUR VIDEO!
#SheWentToHarvard
Old
02-28-2012, 04:36 PM
GAGLine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
Takes a lot to get through it and get a thorough understanding of it. I've read the first few parts of it a few times but I haven't buckled down and really gone through it yet. I'm starting to read a bit more if it, though, as I downloaded a file of it onto my Nook, so if I have nothing to do in class, I can just pull that out and read some of it.
Heh, you'll probably finish it just in time to start reading the new one

I've read parts, mainly to look stuff up, but never read it all the way through. Don't think I could take that much legalese.

Old
02-28-2012, 04:39 PM
Screw You Rick Nash
🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAGLine View Post
Heh, you'll probably finish it just in time to start reading the new one

I've read parts, mainly to look stuff up, but never read it all the way through. Don't think I could take that much legalese.
Lol I was thinking that maybe I shouldn't read it yet because there's going to be a new one soon. I guess I'll wait.

Old
02-28-2012, 04:50 PM
Garden_Variety

Ryan Callahan grew up a Buffalo Sabres fan and for some unknown reason he signed with the Rangers who drafted him. Weird huh? I know someone mentioned this before but wasn't Carl Hagelin going to sign with Detroit because he attended the University of Michigan.

Old
02-28-2012, 05:00 PM
Screw You Rick Nash
🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garden_Variety View Post
Ryan Callahan grew up a Buffalo Sabres fan and for some unknown reason he signed with the Rangers who drafted him. Weird huh? I know someone mentioned this before but wasn't Carl Hagelin going to sign with Detroit because he attended the University of Michigan.
Probably not since they never had an opportunity to sign him.

Old
02-28-2012, 05:27 PM
GAGLine

Quote:
There was absolutely nothing to it. It was just some blogger looking for hits. Here is the "article":

http://blogs.windsorstar.com/2010/12...aded-to-wings/

Quote:
There’s speculation in NHL circles that Michigan senior co-captain Carl Hagelin, who notched a pair of goals Saturday as the Wolverines blanked the Michigan State Spartans 5-0 in the Big Chill outdoor NCAA hockey game at Michigan Stadium, could be headed for the Detroit Red Wings.

Currently the property of the New York Rangers, who selected the 5-11, 176-pound left-winger from Sodertalje, Sweden with the 168th pick of the 2007 National Hockey League entry draft, word around the NHL is that the Rangers won’t be signing Hagelin, who would then become a free agent Aug. 15, 2011. “I wouldn’t be surprised to see Detroit sign him,” said one NHL scout at Saturday’s game.
I'm sure by speculation in NHL circles, he meant, random thoughts he had while sitting on his couch.

The Rangers never gave any indication that they wouldn't sign him. They tried to sign him after his junior year, but he wanted to complete his education. I guess because he was a 6th rounder, most people didn't care enough to complain about it. It wasn't until this article was written than people even began to question whether he would sign or not.

Old
02-28-2012, 05:35 PM
Affinity

Quote:
Yeah, and JT Miller is a Penguins fan who is going to sign with them. JVR is a Rangers fan who didn't sign with Philly... Oh wait!

Your team allegiance changes once a different team starts signing your checks.

Old
02-28-2012, 05:49 PM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

I read the Ducks are looking to sign Justin Schultz of Wisconsin. He was a freshman on the Badgers Frozen 4 team in 2010. Sign him and play him this season. In his case,he can drop out of school and become a free agent. Its the 4th June since he was drafted and his class graduates in 2013. 2nd round pick in 2008. He was picked before Derek Stepan. Schultz spent 08-09 in the BCHL. 09-10 was his first year at Wisconsin. Very good offensive defenseman.

Old
02-28-2012, 05:51 PM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

Hagelin could have waited until August 15 to become a free agent but he signed with the Rangers, Two days after Michigan was eliminated in the NCAA tournament.

Old
02-28-2012, 05:53 PM
JeffMangum
A Love Supreme

vCash: 300
Quote:
I read the Ducks are looking to sign Justin Schultz of Wisconsin. He was a freshman on the Badgers Frozen 4 team in 2010. Sign him and play him this season. In his case,he can drop out of school and become a free agent. Its the 4th June since he was drafted and his class graduates in 2013. 2nd round pick in 2008. He was picked before Derek Stepan. Schultz spent 08-09 in the BCHL. 09-10 was his first year at Wisconsin. Very good offensive defenseman.
Would be a great add to the system...

Old
02-28-2012, 06:26 PM
ecemleafs

Quote:
so shultz did something that fogarty is doing? when fogarty is in his senior year at ND will he be able to drop out any time during the seaosn and sign with anyone?

Closed Thread