HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

2012 Eklund Rumor Hit Percentage ?

Old
02-28-2012, 07:03 PM
Medium Rare*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mygameworn View Post
Bob has been more accurate then Eklund for a LONG time. Not to mention his info in other sports are usually spot on.
i've never seen him get anything in hockey, not once. maybe he is a legit source for other sports, but definitely not for hockey

Medium Rare* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 07:34 PM
mygameworn

Send a message via AIM to mygameworn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Medium Rare View Post
i've never seen him get anything in hockey, not once. maybe he is a legit source for other sports, but definitely not for hockey

Those are bob's tweets that are in asterisks
@***************

**BREAKING NHL NEWS**Source: Oduya has been DEALT! Trade call coming in now.. Spacek also has been DEALT! 2 deals just went down..
1:18 PM - 27 Feb

@Real_ESPNLeBrun

Both picks going to Winnipeg for Oduya are 2013 (2nd and 3rd)

2:15 PM - 27 Feb

@DarrenDreger

2nd and 3rd round pick from Chicago for Oduya.
2:13 PM - 27 Feb

@***************

**UPDATED NHL RUMOR**Source: Hearing Gaustad has been traded! Deal going through NHL offices right now
10:30 AM - 27 Feb

@TSNBobMcKenzie

No Rick Nash trade, Gaustad to NSH.

3:02 PM - 27 Feb

@Real_ESPNLeBrun

Believe Paul Gaustad has been dealt to Nashville Predators

3:00 PM - 27 Feb

@***************

**BREAKING NHL NEWS**Source: Andrei Kostitsyn #Habs was told he has been TRADED! Deal going through the NHL offices as we speak..
9:35 AM - 27 Feb

@Real_ESPNLeBrun

In return for Kostitsyn, Preds deal 2nd rd pick in 2013 plus return the conditional pick they got in Hal GIll trade
Retweeted by Bob McKenzie
10:43 AM - 27 Feb

@TSNBobMcKenzie

Not confirmed, but hearing very strong rumors of Andrei Kostitsyn to NSH.
10:08 AM - 27 Feb

@Real_ESPNLeBrun

In return for Kostitsyn, Preds deal 2nd rd pick in 2013 plus return the conditional pick they got in Hal GIll trade
Retweeted by Darren Dreger

You can clearly see the time lines. If you allow one, you set a precedent.

Last edited by mygameworn: 02-28-2012 at 07:36 PM. Reason: HF blocks bob's twitter handle? LOL
mygameworn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 07:55 PM
KingWantsCup
Super Saiyan Hank

vCash: 350
I don't recall him ever being correct about anything.

KingWantsCup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 08:00 PM
Paralyzer008

Quote:
Those are bob's tweets that are in asterisks
@***************

**BREAKING NHL NEWS**Source: Oduya has been DEALT! Trade call coming in now.. Spacek also has been DEALT! 2 deals just went down..
1:18 PM - 27 Feb

@Real_ESPNLeBrun

Both picks going to Winnipeg for Oduya are 2013 (2nd and 3rd)

2:15 PM - 27 Feb

@DarrenDreger

2nd and 3rd round pick from Chicago for Oduya.
2:13 PM - 27 Feb

@***************

**UPDATED NHL RUMOR**Source: Hearing Gaustad has been traded! Deal going through NHL offices right now
10:30 AM - 27 Feb

@TSNBobMcKenzie

No Rick Nash trade, Gaustad to NSH.

3:02 PM - 27 Feb

@Real_ESPNLeBrun

Believe Paul Gaustad has been dealt to Nashville Predators

3:00 PM - 27 Feb

@***************

**BREAKING NHL NEWS**Source: Andrei Kostitsyn #Habs was told he has been TRADED! Deal going through the NHL offices as we speak..
9:35 AM - 27 Feb

@Real_ESPNLeBrun

Retweeted by Bob McKenzie

@TSNBobMcKenzie

Not confirmed, but hearing very strong rumors of Andrei Kostitsyn to NSH.
10:08 AM - 27 Feb

@Real_ESPNLeBrun

Retweeted by Darren Dreger

Bob also said that Nash had been dealt and clearly says Spacek had been dealt there. He is notorious for being wrong.

Paralyzer008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 08:03 PM
Medium Rare*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paralyzer008 View Post
Bob also said that Nash had been dealt and clearly says Spacek had been dealt there. He is notorious for being wrong.
He's also had Iginla dealt to the Rangers 2 or 3 times at least

Medium Rare* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 08:43 PM
VinnyC
vancity, c-bus, 'peg

Quote:
yes, anyone can and many do. but people need to give some credit when its due, look at some of these twitters that pop up, or some guys like incarcerated bob, they make Eklund look like McKenzie. Which tells me he is less than a real reporter (which we all know anyways) but more than some people give him credit for.
IB is also a fraud - at least Eklund doesn't (usually) claim deals that didn't go down actually happened. I don't heed what either says about anything.

VinnyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 12:44 AM
bluesfan94
#BackesforSelke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paralyzer008 View Post
And the quotes are about different things. One is saying Oduya has been traded (as well as Spacek, ha). The other says what Oduya was traded for, which are quite different, and if I remember, delayed. Oduya to Chicago was also predicted, and McKenzie tweeted early in the day that Winnipeg picking up Clitsome from CBJ meant that Oduya was gone. The Gaustad rumor doesn't give a team that he's traded to, which, if the call was actually coming through, you'd think you'd hear about. Also, if the call was coming through, it's remarkable that it took hours for McKenzie, Dreger, or anyone else, really, to find out about it.

bluesfan94 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 09:13 AM
mygameworn

Send a message via AIM to mygameworn
Since there's no e5 next to it, it's just jibberish eh?

mygameworn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 10:50 AM
Hero
The Corporal Returns

He said about 100 things, even if he guessed every deal right, he's batting 20%, seems like he got 1 right, so around 1%

Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 12:57 PM
palindrom

Obviously its not Eklund's goal to be the most accurately possible in his prediction.

And i like it this way.

palindrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 08:29 PM
Amd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzburgh87 View Post
No. He's a joke.
You know, I got a flaming infraction from Irish Blues in August of 2007 for 5 points for saying this exact same thing. The only difference is that is was in a thread that Eklund started himself.

It is funny how his status has changed. Although I don't think the thread was about Eklund, but he started it. I think it was about Scott Niedermayer but I can't remember now.

Amd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2012, 04:33 AM
OilCanada92

I remember being in school quickly turning on sports net and he was on doing a "deal or no deal" thing. And he announced saying that "smyth signed a 5 year deal with the Edmonton Oilers at 5 million". I was so happy. Only to find out when I got home Smyth was actually traded to the Islanders. Depressing day of 07.

OilCanada92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2012, 05:49 AM
CobraAcesS

One of the things about Ek's site is that "HE" is mainly about rumors. But a lot of the people are there to read all of the other bloggers on his site. He has people blogging regularly about almost all 30 teams.

Those guys actually on occasion break news about teams and some even have sources of their own. Not all are really good but usually fairly competent and it makes for pretty good coverage of the entire NHL regardless of what it is.

Sometimes as far as news goes between him and his bloggers he is faster and covers a larger spectrum of more in depth news than.. NHL.com/TSN/ or THN

Some of the writers for the main sites don't seem half as competent as some of the bloggers on Hockeybuzz.

The site offers way more than just rumors. Ek also says a lot that he reports rumors not breaks trades. He does on occasion break one first. But he gives you a good idea of what your team is after a lot of the time. And I can say he is often right a lot of the time in what direction teams are moving. Which tells me some of his "rumors" are probably true.

CobraAcesS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2012, 10:59 AM
middletoe
Why am I me?

Quote:
I think all that has ever been proven is he has no filter. Sending him a rumor doesn't prove him as a fake, it proves him to have no screening process.

Considering all I every said was he posted it before other guys I follow on twitter. And the post I quoted said Eklund never had it before anyone, that's all I needed to prove my point.

It's possible, Russo is an excellent source but I just know I never saw it, but I follow a couple hundred reporters and bloggers and its almost exclusively hockey people so its entirely possible I missed something by someone since so many tweets were coming through at once.
Point taken and sorry. My comment wasn't directed at you. It was just an observation of the situation. Hearing that Eklund beat McKenzie by 4 minutes in a Zanon to Boston trade, and that it was his most successful accomplishment during the trade deadline seemed ........... I don't know what it seemed. Maybe laughable or something along those lines.

I think underwhelming is a better description of what it seemed at the time I posted.

Last edited by middletoe: 03-01-2012 at 11:04 AM.
middletoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2012, 12:40 PM
Spongolium*
Potato Magician

Eklund is a member on the site, so you can't actually call him into question.

Guy clearly is a fraud. Hell he's been proven to be one over and over again. When his site is low on hits for the month, the leafs magically appear as a destination for a major star.

Nash, Stamkos, Sakic, Forsberg, Richards, Carter, Boumeester ect.

He's done it for years.

Spongolium* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2012, 01:07 PM
alpine4life

Quote:
I also called to my friends Kostitsyn would be move (even said Nashville), Gaustad, Gill. Does that make me right? NO! Anyone can claim that certain player will be traded but if the "EXACT RETURN" cannot be confirm, it connot be called accurate report.

alpine4life is offline   Reply With Quote