HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Murray needs to go.

Closed Thread

Old
01-28-2006, 01:12 AM
Captain Ron

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45
It's good but I think so.
Damn!

Old
01-28-2006, 02:12 AM
Osprey

Shortness is key...

"Bigfoot, Fairies, Kings PP - Dream on"

"No, Virginia, there isn't a Kings PP"

"Missing: Kings PP - Reward if found"

Old
01-28-2006, 10:39 AM
No One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongebob
"Santa Claus, Easter Bunny, quality Kings powerplay.......what do these things have in common? They do not exist."
but what about the CHILDREN!?!?!? Who will save the children????

Old
01-28-2006, 03:26 PM
Fripp

You can't decline a PP, but you sure can punch someone in the face on a delayed call.

Old
01-28-2006, 03:37 PM
Chartrand

Quote:
"Can we decline the powerplay....please?"

"Missing: Kings powerplay......a reward for the person who finds it"

"Santa Claus, Easter Bunny, quality Kings powerplay.......what do these things have in common? They do not exist."

"Bag the Powerplay".

That's what a few people did in Manchester last year, and the coaching staff ( or was it Gilmore? ) took notice and got all butt-hurt.

Old
01-28-2006, 03:44 PM
Osprey

A good sign for today would be "I skipped breakfast cuz the Kings are toast"

Old
01-28-2006, 06:43 PM
Osprey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust
By the way, I think the game on Saturday will be a pivotal one for the Kings to see how they respond after these past two lackluster performances.
Well, they responded, alright... with their worst game since Buffalo.
Quote:
Every game is pivotal, it's just that a loss against the Ducks will deflate this team immensely
Yup.

Old
01-28-2006, 06:49 PM
Fat Elvis

Jimmy Johnson the football coach once said that a coach only has 5 years with an organization before it's time for him to move on. During the 5th year the players will tune him out and he becomes ineffective.

Old
01-28-2006, 06:49 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Just wait until Demitra, Miller and Belanger get back to 100%....

Old
01-28-2006, 06:51 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Quote:
Originally Posted by KING ELVI
Jimmy Johnson the football coach once said that a coach only has 5 years with an organization before it's time for him to move on. During the 5th year the players will tune him out and he becomes ineffective.
It's not the coach, remember, it's the players.

Old
01-28-2006, 07:26 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
I wore my bag today and had mostly all cheers and positive comments, but some ******* threw a peanut at me. I almost went after him.

I wanted to wait until the season was over for AM to be axed but I've changed my mind. Get him the **** out of here. Corvo and Dempsey? I'm about ready to lead an angry mob after them. Get your pitchforks ready boys.

Old
01-28-2006, 09:20 PM
ILuvLA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45
I wore my bag today and had mostly all cheers and positive comments, but some ******* threw a peanut at me. I almost went after him.

I wanted to wait until the season was over for AM to be axed but I've changed my mind. Get him the **** out of here. Corvo and Dempsey? I'm about ready to lead an angry mob after them. Get your pitchforks ready boys.

Way to go Reaper!! Sorry I wasn't there to see it.
This team needs some DEFENSE badly.

Old
01-28-2006, 10:08 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILuvLA
Way to go Reaper!! Sorry I wasn't there to see it.
This team needs some DEFENSE badly.
My friend took a few pictures. I'll post them when she sends them to me.

Old
01-29-2006, 04:25 PM
Captain Ron

Just because I want to keep this thread at the top of the board and I would like to hear some answers from some "pro" Murray members.

In U.S. law a person is innocent until proven guilty. In the life of a professional sports coach the opposite view is (or at least should be) taken. I do not consider a coach "good" until he has proven that he can make his team a "top 10" calibre team on a regular basis. I do not consider a coach "great" unless he can make his team a "top 5" calibre team on a regular basis.

Now this is my basic criteria for a "good" or "great" coach. There are a few other factors that I would use (mainly playoff success). But for now I will stick with a regular season evaluation. In the 5 seasons that Murray has coached the Kings the team has never finished in either of these categories. Therefore I do not see Murray as anything more than an "average" coach in the NHL. There are at least 15 (probably more) other coaches in the league with a resume that is as good as if not better than AM.

For those of you who do put Murray in the category of a "good" or "great" coach please give a brief explanation as to why? What has AM done for this team in the last 5 season's (that no other coach available to the King's organization could have done)?

Old
01-29-2006, 06:44 PM
Osprey

Quote:
In the 5 seasons that Murray has coached the Kings the team has never finished in either of these categories. Therefore I do not see Murray as anything more than an "average" coach in the NHL. There are at least 15 (probably more) other coaches in the league with a resume that is as good as if not better than AM.
Good point. If you average out the placements under Andy, you get 8th (5+7+7+10+11=40 / 5=8). That is exactly in the very middle of the pack in the Western Conference (7 teams in front, 7 teams behind). Perhaps we should start calling him Average Andy.

Old
01-29-2006, 08:07 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Andy Murray is a great coach, he just has players who get tired too easily. As soon as the Kings draft players who can play for an entire 82 game season, they will win the cup.

Old
01-29-2006, 08:46 PM
Osprey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25
Andy Murray is a great coach, he just has players who get tired too easily.
That about sums up the GM breakfast. Lack of fortune and execution are dooming the Kings. The players must be held accountable. They're making the "outstanding" coaching staff look bad

Old
01-30-2006, 02:41 AM
Captain Ron

Quote:
Just because I want to keep this thread at the top of the board and I would like to hear some answers from some "pro" Murray members.

In U.S. law a person is innocent until proven guilty. In the life of a professional sports coach the opposite view is (or at least should be) taken. I do not consider a coach "good" until he has proven that he can make his team a "top 10" calibre team on a regular basis. I do not consider a coach "great" unless he can make his team a "top 5" calibre team on a regular basis.

Now this is my basic criteria for a "good" or "great" coach. There are a few other factors that I would use (mainly playoff success). But for now I will stick with a regular season evaluation. In the 5 seasons that Murray has coached the Kings the team has never finished in either of these categories. Therefore I do not see Murray as anything more than an "average" coach in the NHL. There are at least 15 (probably more) other coaches in the league with a resume that is as good as if not better than AM.

For those of you who do put Murray in the category of a "good" or "great" coach please give a brief explanation as to why? What has AM done for this team in the last 5 season's (that no other coach available to the King's organization could have done)?

I find it funny that people either chose to ignore this post or cannot come up with one good, "reasonable" answer as to why Andy Murray is a "good" or "great" coach.

Old
01-30-2006, 11:50 AM
SwisshockeyAcademy

Quote:
I find it funny that people either chose to ignore this post or cannot come up with one good, "reasonable" answer as to why Andy Murray is a "good" or "great" coach.
Why? Very few coaches think about the game as often or prepare as much for games or practice. Andy is also a fine person , not an overbearing idiot, treating all people around him like human beings. Doing that can mean you do not have a short shelf life. Finally, you do have to be successful and while not sporting a great record he has kept his teams in the hunt despite there always being some very strong teams in the conference with far more talent and resources than he has had at his disposal. He has had some talented players but there has never been great depth in his tenure and there has never been a big time goalie which can make any coach look good. Their playoff win against Detroit and subsequent series V Colorado showed what he could do in the playoffs despite being down on talent. Maybe he will get fired , coaches inevitably do but when he is gone you may see the grass is not always greener.

Old
01-30-2006, 12:33 PM
Captain Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwisshockeyAcademy
Why? Very few coaches think about the game as often or prepare as much for games or practice. Andy is also a fine person , not an overbearing idiot, treating all people around him like human beings. Doing that can mean you do not have a short shelf life. Finally, you do have to be successful and while not sporting a great record he has kept his teams in the hunt despite there always being some very strong teams in the conference with far more talent and resources than he has had at his disposal. He has had some talented players but there has never been great depth in his tenure and there has never been a big time goalie which can make any coach look good. Their playoff win against Detroit and subsequent series V Colorado showed what he could do in the playoffs despite being down on talent. Maybe he will get fired , coaches inevitably do but when he is gone you may see the grass is not always greener.
Although I do not agree that what you have written would qualify a guy as a "good" or "great" coach I will commend you for having the courage to at least stand up for your guy.

Closed Thread