HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Mike Richards

Closed Thread

Old
02-28-2012, 06:44 PM
damacles1156

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomd View Post
Sigh...for (hopefully) the last time...my whole point was that this team was not ready to add a Mike Richards type player to the roster and it would have been FAR better to keep Schenn and Simmonds and continue to develop a young core.

And based upon his play over the past 1 1/2 seasons, Mike Richards IS now overrated by most fans. The difference between the 24 year-old version of Mike Richards and the 27 year-old version is staggering. Unfortunately, the Kings are stuck with the latter and will be for almost the next decade.

And, as always, remember...1 goal in 29 games.
That is kinda short sighted, What if Mike posts his Career avg of 60 to 70 points next season ?

Old
02-28-2012, 06:49 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

Quote:
Sigh...for (hopefully) the last time...my whole point was that this team was not ready to add a Mike Richards type player to the roster and it would have been FAR better to keep Schenn and Simmonds and continue to develop a young core.

And based upon his play over the past 1 1/2 seasons, Mike Richards IS now overrated by most fans. The difference between the 24 year-old version of Mike Richards and the 27 year-old version is staggering. Unfortunately, the Kings are stuck with the latter and will be for almost the next decade.

And he was 26 years old when you made that comment. So was he overrated in 2011 when you made the comment or were you wrong then? Nice job, fencesitter.

I'm sorry but I disagree with your assesment. If you were hoping Schenn becomes a Richards type player and we have Mike Richard now, is the difference between this team being a fringe playoff team and a contender Wayne Simmonds? I don't buy that for a second. Just admit you either made a silly comment in that trade thread or you aren't being geniune now. You can't have it both ways.

Last edited by Buddy The Elf: 02-28-2012 at 06:54 PM.
Old
02-28-2012, 06:50 PM
tomd

Quote:
Originally Posted by damacles1156 View Post
That is kinda short sighted, What if Mike posts his Career avg of 60 to 70 points next season ?
More power to him if he does. Just remember that each year that goes by the trade is likely to look worse and worse from an LA POV.

Old
02-28-2012, 06:53 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

Quote:
More power to him if he does. Just remember that each year that goes by the trade is likely to look worse and worse from an LA POV.
Well if Schenn becomes the next Richards as you predicted, his numbers will start to dwindle in about 4 years so no worries right?

Old
02-28-2012, 06:56 PM
Johnny Utah

Quote:

Exactly.

I admitted I was shocked at the trade at first and CONVINCED myself it was the right move but quickly jumped off that again when I saw Richards and kept seeing Flyer's highlights on NHL network. A lot of my hype on Richards was IF HE DOES this or IF HE DOES THAT....and so far he hasn't....

I would rather miss the playoffs and have Simmonds and Schenn than miss the playoffs and have Richards.

Old
02-28-2012, 06:56 PM
tomd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy The Elf View Post
And he was 26 years old when you made that comment. So was he overrated in 2011 when you made the comment or were you wrong then? Nice job, fencesitter.
Let it go man. You are trying so hard to parse my words and thoughts and it just isn't working for you.

Bottom line (in my opinion) is that Richards is a good player but not a great one. When good players are lionized as great ones then they are overrated. Philly traded him for a reason and that reason is becoming more obvious every game he plays this year. Meanwhile, Philly hasn't missed a beat without him.

Until the facts change I am comfortable with my position.

And remember...1 goal in 29 games.

Old
02-28-2012, 06:59 PM
Johnny Utah

Look at this game log below, looks like the type of scoring winger the Kings could use...oh wait.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/players/...1CCg7btDJivLYF

And even if Simmonds is not scoring he is fighting, hitting and playing well defensively. What does Richards do? One big hit this year, 3 fights (one wrestling match), a couple big giveaways.

Simmonds smoked Clarkson, Brewer and Dorsett. He is becoming a monster and probably the best player Lombardi drafted not in the 1st round. He had LA Kings stamped on his butt, slept on DL's couch, made the team at 19.

I will never forget him slamming the stick against the boards during the playoffs. He cared about losing.

Old
02-28-2012, 07:01 PM
Tim Tebow

Quote:
Well if Schenn becomes the next Richards as you predicted, his numbers will start to dwindle in about 4 years so no worries right?
Schenn's style is comparable to Richards but he isn't his identical clone

Old
02-28-2012, 07:01 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

Quote:
Let it go man. You are trying so hard to parse my words and thoughts and it just isn't working for you.

Bottom line (in my opinion) is that Richards is a good player but not a great one. When good players are lionized as great ones then they are overrated. Philly traded him for a reason and that reason is becoming more obvious every game he plays this year. Meanwhile, Philly hasn't missed a beat without him.

Until the facts change I am comfortable with my position.

And remember...1 goal in 29 games.
I'm not trying to do anything. You wrote what you wrote and you are trying to backpeddle from it. I guess it is because Mike Richards is the type of guy who wins Championships and maybe one day Schenn will be like him. You said it, not me. Ride that fence!! You are just as stubborn as your arch nemisis and you probably have a lot more in common with him than you'd like to admit.

Old
02-28-2012, 07:02 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Tebow View Post
Schenn's style is comparable to Richards but he isn't his identical clone
Yes they are. He, Rod Brindamour and Mike Richards are all the same person.

Old
02-28-2012, 07:04 PM
Tim Tebow

Quote:
Ryan Kesler is too. He followed Mike's footsteps in losing in the cup finals. He shall be traded this offseason and fall apart.

Old
02-28-2012, 07:04 PM
Johnny Utah

Facts:

Brayden Schenn and Wayne Simmonds are having good years and will make the playoffs.

Mike Richards is having a bad year and the Kings are on the verge of not making the playoffs.

What was the point of this deal then? A wasted year of Richards, so now he is one year older and declining.

Would have rather kept the kids, kept the 2nd rounder, traded for Carter and drafted high this year and tried again next year.

Brown-Kopitar-Williams
Gagne-Schenn-Carter
Clifford-Loktionov-Simmonds
Richardson-Fraser or UFA replacement-Lewis/Westgarth

Old
02-28-2012, 07:10 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
I want a DNA test.

Old
02-28-2012, 07:12 PM
damacles1156

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Utah View Post
Facts:

Brayden Schenn and Wayne Simmonds are having good years and will make the playoffs.

Mike Richards is having a bad year and the Kings are on the verge of not making the playoffs.

What was the point of this deal then? A wasted year of Richards, so now he is one year older and declining.

Would have rather kept the kids, kept the 2nd rounder, traded for Carter and drafted high this year and tried again next year.

Brown-Kopitar-Williams
Gagne-Schenn-Carter
You sure didn't type that at the time of the trade. Schenn is not even going to hit 30 points this year. Simmer is having a fine year (which everyone said he would).

Old
02-28-2012, 07:13 PM
Johnny Utah

Ok great, so you made your point buddy. The past is the past. Today is today. I admitted I was shocked, then supportive and then over it. I never really saw Richards play and after about 20 games I was a little skeptical. Seeing Simmonds start to heat up didn't help either.

My stance is the same today it was yesterday.

Last edited by Johnny Utah: 02-28-2012 at 07:19 PM.
Old
02-28-2012, 07:14 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
Facts:

Brown-Kopitar-Williams
Gagne-Schenn-Carter
It's a tad early for this don't you think? The Kings missed the playoffs the year they acquired Justin Williams. Has he been a waste?

Old
02-28-2012, 07:18 PM
Johnny Utah

Yeah but Williams cost us Patty O'Sullivan....Is he in the playoffs (Well, Phoenix might be, but he's in the AHL)? Is he outscoring Williams? Did he also cost us Brayden Schenn?

No, no and no.

P.S. Williams showed up to LA injured.

Old
02-28-2012, 07:22 PM
SFKingshomer

Not sure why anyone pays attention to Johnny Utah after he was exposed earlier

Old
02-28-2012, 07:23 PM
damacles1156

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
It's a tad early for this don't you think? The Kings missed the playoffs the year they acquired Justin Williams. Has he been a waste?
I didn't know Mike was like 35 and at the end of his career. Are people really betting that Mike Richards will never post his Career avg again ?

Old
02-28-2012, 07:25 PM
Tim Tebow

Quote:
Originally Posted by damacles1156 View Post
I didn't know Mike was like 35 and at the end of his career. Are people really betting that Mike Richards will never post his Career avg again ?
Well they do say if you party hard enough it can age you more rapidly

Old
02-28-2012, 07:28 PM
King Richards
Dry Island II

Quote:
Facts:

What was the point of this deal then?
So you present it as, Schenn and Simmonds will make the playoffs and Richards will miss the playoffs... not, ya know, THE FLYERS and the KINGS...

holy CRAP the scapegoating around here is HILARIOUS!

Old
02-28-2012, 07:30 PM
ShattStar03

I'll be more critical of Richards when the entire team starts to score on a consistent basis, til then I still hold to the idea that Richards' low production is a product of a bad system.

Old
02-28-2012, 07:32 PM
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShattStar03 View Post
I'll be more critical of Richards when the entire team starts to score on a consistent basis, til then I still hold to the idea that Richards' low production is a product of a bad system.
Bingo.

Old
02-28-2012, 07:32 PM
damacles1156

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Richards View Post
So you present it as, Schenn and Simmonds will make the playoffs and Richards will miss the playoffs... not, ya know, THE FLYERS and the KINGS...

holy CRAP the scapegoating around here is HILARIOUS!
I know right, I don't recall anyone thinking Richards would out produce Simmer and Schenn put together.

But funny part is, if Richards would have just had an Average year...He almost would have.

Old
02-28-2012, 08:28 PM
PSP
Couldn't Be Happier!

Quote:
Is this a bad time to point out that Richards will be making just over $100K per game next season?

(while his cap hit is $5.75 mil, he's actually going to collect $8.4 mil next season)

Closed Thread