Quote:
Originally Posted by DoobieDoobieDo
I think Gaborik will be traded in the offseason

oh man...the return we could get for him...as long as he goes to the east

Old
01-28-2006, 04:46 PM
ceber

vCash: 500
I think Gaborik is sticking around. I think he's starting to mature a lot, and will have some pretty good seasons for a while now.

Old
01-28-2006, 05:31 PM
sushinsky4tsar

I think that if Gaborik can put up a pt./game this season playing with guys like Wes Walz and Randy Robitaille on a team where Steph Veilleux is getting pp time. Then I definitely want to see what he can do in a couple of years always hitting the ice with at least 2-3 of Rolston/older Koivu/Bouchard/O'Sullivan/Voloshenko/ Pouliot/Irmen/Burns/Thelen/Foster/Redden(dream)/Jokinen(dream) and a longer leash from Lemaire.

Old
01-30-2006, 01:49 PM
The Big E

I think that:

We need two players to replace the production that Daigle and Dupuis aren't bringing. Imagine if these two players were on pace for 50 point seasons. We'd be a play-off team. We have a Rolston, Robataille, White and Gaborik producing decent points. Pierre Marc Bouchard is still learning, but I'm happy with his production at this point in his career. So, since Lemaire never has set lines, imagine if we had six players who were on pace for 50+ point seasons?

We have some young players in Houston who could fill one of those two spots. The question is will they be able to do it in their first season? The likely suspects would be:
> O'Sullivan
> Voloshenko
> Pouliot (though he's still in the Q right now)

We should expect Koivu to increase his production over the next two seasons. I think that in two seasons, we should expect 50 points from him.

We shouldn't expect a proven goalscorer when we trade either Mannie or Rollie. I think that we'll either get a 1st round pick plus a decent prospect or a hot prospect and a 3rd round pick. Harding will likely be the backup goalie next year.

We should expect to have Westrum in a Wild uniform next season. Will he be able to continue scoring in the NHL like he's scoring in the AHL? If he could produce 40 points next year, that'd be great.

If your counting roster spots, there are only two available. If JL and DR decide to dump Wanvig, then there are three spots available. Since I believe that Westrum has one of those three spots, the question becomes becomes will DR and JL find two free agents to fill the need for 50 point producers and give O'Sullivan, VOloshenko and Pouliot more time to develop. This would mean a play-off appearance would be more likely. Or bring up the kids and suffer while they learn?

The Big E

Old
01-30-2006, 02:23 PM
firstroundbust
lacks explosiveness

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big E
I think that:

We need two players to replace the production that Daigle and Dupuis aren't bringing. Imagine if these two players were on pace for 50 point seasons. We'd be a play-off team. We have a Rolston, Robataille, White and Gaborik producing decent points. Pierre Marc Bouchard is still learning, but I'm happy with his production at this point in his career. So, since Lemaire never has set lines, imagine if we had six players who were on pace for 50+ point seasons?

We have some young players in Houston who could fill one of those two spots. The question is will they be able to do it in their first season? The likely suspects would be:
> O'Sullivan
> Voloshenko
> Pouliot (though he's still in the Q right now)

We should expect Koivu to increase his production over the next two seasons. I think that in two seasons, we should expect 50 points from him.

We shouldn't expect a proven goalscorer when we trade either Mannie or Rollie. I think that we'll either get a 1st round pick plus a decent prospect or a hot prospect and a 3rd round pick. Harding will likely be the backup goalie next year.

We should expect to have Westrum in a Wild uniform next season. Will he be able to continue scoring in the NHL like he's scoring in the AHL? If he could produce 40 points next year, that'd be great.

If your counting roster spots, there are only two available. If JL and DR decide to dump Wanvig, then there are three spots available. Since I believe that Westrum has one of those three spots, the question becomes becomes will DR and JL find two free agents to fill the need for 50 point producers and give O'Sullivan, VOloshenko and Pouliot more time to develop. This would mean a play-off appearance would be more likely. Or bring up the kids and suffer while they learn?

The Big E

I THINK...that I will throw down my two cents.

Dupuis is gone imo, sooner than later...and daigle's got to get his *** in gear or he is gone at season's end- I doubt we could get a practice puck for him.

I am of the belief, and stand by it, that Mr. O'Sullivan was going to make the team out of camp...maybe I am wrong, but just the impression I got was that he had a spot until that goddamn waste of a pick Emmerson fell on him...really if you think about it, why was Surly one of the last cuts even tho he was on the IR? I think the brass wanted to see how long he'd be on the shelf in camp, and if he could make his case that he deserved a spot moreso than Wanvig...and when they found out he couldnt go, then sent him down to houston...and gave Foy a spot...which incidentally, has been a blessing to both Surly and Foy, as they have doen tremendously well...which doesnt bode well for Mr. Wanvig.

Now...back to dupuis...Robitaille has effectively taken his spot, and his minutes...and produced what many thought and feel mr. eyebrow should do...I like the signing now more than ever, and am glad we did sign him. While he isnt as versatile as Rolston, nor as good, Robitaille can play wing or center, and has an offensive touch, which we are in dire need.

dupuis has the qualities to warrant a decent return, and its basically a matter of time before he's gone.

While I don't expect Brad Richards to be coming this way, which would be godlike btw, I would be pleased if we got Fredrik Modin, or someone of his caliber- I think he has Rolston like potential to have a career year or years here.

Voloshenko and Pouliot are AHL bound next year imo...I think both are still too raw for the big time, but a cup of coffee isn't out of the picture.

Koivu? the least of my worries...remember he usually centers Burns and Boogaard, I dont expect anyone to put up huge numbers centering a defenseman and a goon...

I do think Westrum has a spot next year, I fail to believe that the wild brass havent been in contact with him about it.

Closed Thread