HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Tank on Habs lose 2-1

Old
02-28-2012, 09:31 PM
sheed36

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nfld77 View Post
Yep, real good fans; cheering for your team to lose??? Whatever happened to the mighty Hab fanbase?? Yes, a nice top 5 pick is nice but the way you guys go about it!! And don't put your money on the Russian kid Gregenko{SP}..KHL already has a bonus cheque and a 12 yr contract waiting for him!!
The owner, management and the players don't seem to care about winning so why should we have fans care anymore? At this point losing is the best and only option and hopefully getting an impact player out of this mess. I'm not liking what I'm hearing about Grigorenko either so we'll see what happens at the draft.

sheed36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 09:32 PM
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder

Tampa Bay?

No problem, heavy artillery coming in for reinforcements

Em Ancien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
poetryinmotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
nope, we should keep being idiots and type TANK whenever we get a chance to.
Yeah it sucks to be reminded about it when everyone says TANK after every goal scored against, but what can you do about it? We are "tanking" in the sense that our team is so horribly coached that we cannot win a game even against a joke lineup that this TB team iced tonight. Should we all just jump off bridges instead? Losing = good right now.

poetryinmotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Kikizaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum Crackoff View Post
Emelin is such a treat to watch, Gorges and Emelin are our top D. Just a bit disappointing that he can't fight. Still....love him!
Emelin had a decent game,

But I felt that Gorges had one of his worst games. Tonight he made several poor reads, and fumbled the puck like crazy. He did however have a nice play on Stamkos (it was mostly price though). The last few weeks he has looked "lost" on the ice.

Kikizaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Quote:
but watching the Habs now is so much fun... right ?
It was worse in Quebec, they finished last 5 years in a row. The most horrible year they finished the year with 35 points! At some point Andre Savard was fired and he had this ugly press conference where he vomited on everybody and said he basically said he swore off the Nords. Then he was replaced by a guy that had to leave in mid season because he had cancer! It was the most pain-inducing time I have ever witnessed.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 09:33 PM
ECWHSWI
P.K. is perfect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheed36 View Post
The owner, management and the players don't seem to care about winning so why should we have fans care anymore? At this point losing is the best and only option and hopefully getting an impact player out of this mess. I'm not liking what I'm hearing about Grigorenko either so we'll see what happens at the draft.
if you dont, what are you doing here ?

ECWHSWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 09:34 PM
ECWHSWI
P.K. is perfect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
It was worse in Quebec, they finished last 5 years in a row. The most horrible year they finished the year with 35 points! At some point Andre Savard was fired and he had this ugly press conference where he vomited on everybody and said he basically said he swore off the Nords. Then he was replaced by a guy that had to leave in mid season because he had cancer! It was the most pain-inducing time I have ever witnessed.
you mean better, right ?

5 top picks in a row... think about it...

Old
02-28-2012, 09:34 PM
Kjell Dahlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by poetryinmotion View Post
Our best players tonight : Eller (best), DD, Cole, Subban, Pac, Price, Emelin. Did I forget anyone?
I agree with your list; especially with Desharnais and Cole. As usual they were very solid.

I would add an honorable mention to White and Geoffrion: I did not watch the whole game (who does?!) but they had a few good shifts alongside Plekanec.

That being mentioned... holy crap! I hate to see guys like White, Geoffrion or Blunden alongside Plekanec: that guy needs and deserves regular and gifted wingers.

Kjell Dahlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 09:35 PM
LastRide

Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
That's not how the lottery works my friend.

The most spots you can move down is one.
Thats good to know..LOL.

LastRide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 09:36 PM
Undertakerqc

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBuriedHab View Post
Yes i love the tanking since we are out, but man, you have to be worried. This team will be mostly the same. And are showing NOTHING. Hopefully a new coach and GM change things up, but I can't say next year looks bright.
Tanking next year would be awesome, next year is Mackinnon's year!!

Undertakerqc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
blueinmtl

It is just difficult to watch this kind of performance...where the team actually looks interested and willing but utterly incapable on so many levels. Drafting as high as possible is good, yes, but how I wish we weren't here (& no I don't mean rather fighting it out for 8th in perpetuity).

TB is a terrible team that is largely clueless in its own end...and yet...and yet...

blueinmtl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Quote:
you mean better, right ?

5 top picks in a row... think about it...
The 5 picks were not worth it. Sundin was not worth it. Nolan was not worth it. Lindros was not worth it. Those 5 years were pure Hell and then fans never had enough joy following that to compensate.

Old
02-28-2012, 09:38 PM
poetryinmotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patofqc View Post
Tanking next year would be awesome, next year is Mackinnon's year!!
I fully support the tank this year, but next year? **** that we're winning the Cup.

Bergy bashing Plekanec on l'antichrist.

Old
ECWHSWI
P.K. is perfect.

Quote:
The 5 picks were not worth it. Sundin was not worth it. Nolan was not worth it. Lindros was not worth it. Those 5 years were pure Hell and then fans never had enough joy following that to compensate.
Stupid of them... they didnt understand it was a good thing for the future of their franchise...

Old
Bronn
Registered Sellsword

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyosuke View Post
"Laugh now but Leafs are coming to steal your draft position hard. Habs don't know anything about losing compared to the Leafs. Leafs players have stood and shouted: No more Mr. Mediocre Guy!" posted by Erdinger on the Leafs forum after I said that they'd finish 9th in the East. Needless to say I had a good laugh.
This is blatant war time propaganda. The Leafs haven't won a Tank War in a long time. They got nothing on tank war heroes like the Oilers or the Pens.

They are pretenders

Bronn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 09:39 PM
Undertakerqc

Quote:
It was 31 points, Bergy last year as a coach. André Savard cried after a game during the press conference but i dont think that was that year. Savard came in after Ron Lapointe who would die that year.

Undertakerqc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 09:39 PM
Poulet Kostopoulos

Melanie almost ruined it with that 5 min. penalty. Thank God Habs knew better and foiled Tampa's tank plan. Habs know tanking best now. Have more of Gomez, Krapeler and Crapoli and we're good.

Poulet Kostopoulos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 09:40 PM
Face81

I didn't think we were going to be able to do it but we did! we actualy lost to this Semi AHL lineup! We're tanking pros

Face81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Vsevolod Bobrov
Burn the boats !

Quote:
The state of Colorado disagrees

Vsevolod Bobrov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
poetryinmotion

Bergy: Kaberle joue du hockey Canadian Tire.

Old
02-28-2012, 09:41 PM
poetryinmotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poulet Kostopoulos View Post
Melanie almost ruined it with that 5 min. penalty. Thank God Habs knew better and foiled Tampa's tank plan. Habs know tanking best now. Have more of Gomez, Krapeler and Crapoli and we're good.
That was a tactical Tank move, being ejected from the game and giving us a 5 min pp. He knew Emelin wouldn't fight!

Old
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

They have a good point at AC that the guys seeing Gomez always on the PP the players must lose the respect for their coach. If it were me I always probably go Radulov on him.

Old
blueinmtl

I loved watching the Nords crumble towards those picks, then sputter into oblivion. Delicious, may they never return.

This being the worst year for the Habs, at least we will finish better than them.

blueinmtl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 09:45 PM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Quote:
Stupid of them... they didnt understand it was a good thing for the future of their franchise...
People don't watch hockey to see their team lose. It's easy playing fantasy hockey and putting all star team in your head but people that buy their season tickets, etc...

In the end they didn't get the rewards of those miserable years.

Old
02-28-2012, 09:46 PM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vsevolod Bobrov View Post
The state of Colorado disagrees
It has nothing to do with the people in Quebec.