HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Official Ex-Habs Thread Part III (All Former Habs Players Discussed Here!)

View Poll Results: Which team is better?
Former Habs 34 44.16%
Current Habs 33 42.86%
It's even 4 5.19%
None 6 7.79%
Voters: 77. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
02-28-2012, 06:17 PM
Habblues

vCash: 500
Playoff Performers Forgotten About

The main reason in my opinion that this team has gone downhill the last few years has been because the brass have a VERY short memory regarding letting players go that have performed well for us during the playoffs. Two years ago we really had a solid team who looked great in the playoffs. BUT then they decided to let the warrior Domonic Moore go. Blew my mind after he battled so hard for us. Then last year they let "the Wiz' go !. Ya I realize he was looking for a huge raise BUT he was one of the main reasons we even made it into post season. He really gave it 100% every game.......To me these two guys should have remained a hab. What does the Brass do ? They give a D man the biggest contract on the team and he hasn't played for us in three years !!! Who are other playoff performers our fearless leaders have forgotten about ?

Old
02-28-2012, 09:18 PM
SlipperyPete

I too would have liked to have kept Moore. But "the main reason" the team has gone downhill? You realize those two players have been playing on Tampa Bay (until recently traded) and Columbus, right? Not exactly teams that are burning up the standings either.

Old
02-28-2012, 09:25 PM
Habblues

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlipperyPete View Post
I too would have liked to have kept Moore. But "the main reason" the team has gone downhill? You realize those two players have been playing on Tampa Bay (until recently traded) and Columbus, right? Not exactly teams that are burning up the standings either.
I realize that man, but what i'm saying is that the brass do not take into consideration what a player has done in the playoffs............if that was the case Cammy would still be here as well.

Old
02-28-2012, 09:29 PM
hockeyfan2k11

I still don't understand why Moore was not re-signed. Makes no sense.

Old
02-28-2012, 09:32 PM
SlipperyPete

Well Cammy was here for a large part of this awful season, and wasn't doing anything to stop the decline.

But I see your point, and I do agree that a certain amount of loyalty is important, especially when it comes to guys that seem to really put their heart into the team. However, I would disagree with your argument that these particular players would have resulted in a better, winning team. And I think their performance on other teams would support me in this.

Old
02-28-2012, 09:36 PM
CrazyShea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habblues View Post
I realize that man, but what i'm saying is that the brass do not take into consideration what a player has done in the playoffs............if that was the case Cammy would still be here as well.
In regards to Cammy who cares what he did for us in the playoffs. It's useless when he doesn't help the team get to them. He was half assing everything this year I was happy to see him go but figured we would have got more for him. I thought Halpern was pretty good for us as well when he replaced Moore. But we definitely should have resigned the Wiz. It blows my mind that they never. Our PP would be way better than it is now and Wiz said his self he would have signed for less than he got to stay in MTL. But the management then decides to trade for Kaberle

And by this way of thinking we would have Halak over Price. No thanks

Old
02-28-2012, 09:39 PM
Habblues

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlipperyPete View Post
Well Cammy was here for a large part of this awful season, and wasn't doing anything to stop the decline.

But I see your point, and I do agree that a certain amount of loyalty is important, especially when it comes to guys that seem to really put their heart into the team. However, I would disagree with your argument that these particular players would have resulted in a better, winning team. And I think their performance on other teams would support me in this.
They give up a 2nd rounder to get Moore so they wanted him badly, then he is a leader for us, then they let him walk.......Last year were were on the fringe of the playoffs when they get the Wiz who got points every game (so it seemed) to help us in , then was amazing in the playoffs, only to be let go.......And yes Cammy had a hrad year BUT he was our best Playoff performer.

Old
02-28-2012, 09:40 PM
HarlemsFinest
teh gallys!!1

you have to season perform before you can playoff perform. maybe we just had too many playoff performers.

Old
02-28-2012, 09:41 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyShea View Post
In regards to Cammy who cares what he did for us in the playoffs. It's useless when he doesn't help the team get to them. He was half assing everything this year I was happy to see him go but figured we would have got more for him. I thought Halpern was pretty good for us as well when he replaced Moore. But we definitely should have resigned the Wiz. It blows my mind that they never. Our PP would be way better than it is now and Wiz said his self he would have signed for less than he got to stay in MTL. But the management then decides to trade for Kaberle

And by this way of thinking we would have Halak over Price. No thanks
Depending on what Price would've landed in terms of assets, I might not have been mad, but the problem is that Price's value was at its lowest. Anyway, that's off-topic. Speaking of topics, this really sounds like "Ex-Habs" stuff to me.

Old
02-28-2012, 09:42 PM
Habblues

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarlemsFinest View Post
you have to season perform before you can playoff perform. maybe we just had too many playoff performers.
I agree...............

Old
02-28-2012, 09:42 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

I really hate how winning 9 games in the playoffs is being remembered so fondly by people. Sure it was fun at the time but let's not dwell on it. Though I would have liked them to re-sign Moore, letting them go wasn't the end of the world.

Old
02-28-2012, 09:45 PM
Habblues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsolument90 View Post
Depending on what Price would've landed in terms of assets, I might not have been mad, but the problem is that Price's value was at its lowest. Anyway, that's off-topic. Speaking of topics, this really sounds like "Ex-Habs" stuff to me.
This is about the brass not recognizing which players played with heart in the playoffs and were too blind to realize they should keep them...........Hal Gil is another guy......Yes we got a nice return BUT he was steller against the Bruins.

Old
02-28-2012, 09:57 PM
ScottFC

Kovalev and Koivu always performed in the playoffs for us.. Just saying

Old
02-28-2012, 10:34 PM
Maliki2

Nash loses their first game since the Gill trade. And it so happens to be AKs first game there. 12+ minutes of game time...no shots and 2 pim. LOL

Him and Cammi both deserved to be shipped out!

Old
02-28-2012, 10:37 PM
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maliki2 View Post
Nash loses their first game since the Gill trade. And it so happens to be AKs first game there. 12+ minutes of game time...no shots and 2 pim. LOL

B-b-but it's the coaches fault

Old
02-28-2012, 10:40 PM
Madam Kadri
Fight, Troll, Score

Quote:

Nashville has issues with being trapped in their own zone for an extended period of time. It just finally caught up to them for once(Los Angeles' anemic offense was a Jeff Cater post away from tying)...and well, Anders Lindback is no Pekka Rinne.

Old
02-28-2012, 10:42 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverAlone View Post
B-b-but, he's an offensive player who has barely even skated with his new team yet. Cammy in his first 5 games with Calgary: 1 goal. After that (13 games): 4 goals, 7pts. Offensive players can take a few games to get clicking. Even Eric Cole, god of the 2011/12 season, only had 1 point in his first 7 games with the Habs, and he had the benefit of an entire pre-season with everyone. After that, well, you're probably aware.

Old
02-28-2012, 10:43 PM
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohashi_Jouzu View Post
B-b-but, he's an offensive player who has barely even skated with his new team yet.
Please, we're trying to make the Habs not look completely incompetent here

Old
02-28-2012, 10:55 PM
Maliki2

Quote:
B-b-but, he's an offensive player who has barely even skated with his new team yet. Cammy in his first 5 games with Calgary: 1 goal. After that (13 games): 4 goals, 7pts. Offensive players can take a few games to get clicking. Even Eric Cole, god of the 2011/12 season, only had 1 point in his first 7 games with the Habs, and he had the benefit of an entire pre-season with everyone. After that, well, you're probably aware.
You better look at Cammis last few games.

Old
02-28-2012, 10:56 PM
Maliki2

Quote:
2011-12 CGY 18 5 3 8 -6 8 7 6 2 2 0 0 1 39 .128

Look out he is on fire!

Old
02-28-2012, 11:00 PM
Madam Kadri
Fight, Troll, Score

Quote:
You better look at Cammis last few games.
Yeah, he's playing at center, which he never requested for a shot at here...and Tommy Kosto and him have chemistry.

Old
02-28-2012, 11:14 PM
Stradale

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverAlone View Post
Bbbut the coach without AK still lost tonight.

AK and SK will probably make the playoffs.

While RC is enjoying his last place in the East and JM is not coaching in the NHL.

Old
02-28-2012, 11:18 PM
Talks to Goalposts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfan2k11 View Post
I still don't understand why Moore was not re-signed. Makes no sense.
Because for Moore money they got Halpern who basically did what Moore does and Eller to cover the other bottom-six line.

Letting Halpern go without replacing him, now that was a mistake. The bottom six defensive center role is a pretty easy one to fill but you still need to fill it.

Old
02-28-2012, 11:20 PM
Et le But

Why did we let Halpern go anyway? He got broken down by the end of the season but he was everything you want for a 4th line C.

Noke isn't a bad 4th line C by any means though, he's a pest.

Old
02-29-2012, 05:47 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradale View Post
Bbbut the coach without AK still lost tonight.

AK and SK will probably make the playoffs.

While RC is enjoying his last place in the East and JM is not coaching in the NHL.
Hey don't blame RC. Not his fault if he wasn't that much in the game since he was looking to bench AKost all game and couldn't find him. So he finally found Gomez.

Closed Thread