HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Tank on Habs lose 2-1

Old
02-28-2012, 10:07 PM
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjell Dahlin View Post
I am not a huge fan of Gauthier (I hate his D squad: inexperience everywhere!) but our Canadiens must be among the "leaders" in terms of man-games lost due to injuries. Healthy this is not a bad team.
Pittsburgh, St-Louis, Calgary, Winnipeg amongst others in the playoff picture also have that excuse.

But that's besides the point. It's about the Habs standard. Someone who leads this ship straight to rock bottom can't be retained at his position, that's just absurd and sends the worst message possible to the fan base : we don't care.

Em Ancien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 10:08 PM
NewHabsEra*

The only positives this year.. Cole Pac and Emelin.

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 10:10 PM
Kobe Armstrong

vCash: 713
Am I the only one here who still cheers for the Habs?

I know that all of you have given up and want Grigorenko or Yakupov. But I personally would still rather see us finish 12th than dead last. The pick would be nice, but we are the mighty habs and I wouldn't be able to stand the embarrasment.

Kobe Armstrong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 10:12 PM
zx81

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsEra View Post
DD says hello.

zx81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Kjell Dahlin

Quote:
Desharnais is currently our top scorer.

1. David Desharnais 47 pts (+10)
2. Max Pacioretty 46 pts (-2)
3. Erik Cole 45 pts (+9 )
4. Tomas Plekanec 42 pts (-18)
5. Tomas Kaberle 27 pts (-19... but I think he is a plus player in Montreal)

Kjell Dahlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
blueinmtl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Em Ancien View Post
Pittsburgh, St-Louis, Calgary, Winnipeg amongst others in the playoff picture also have that excuse.

But that's besides the point. It's about the Habs standard. Someone who leads this ship straight to rock bottom can't be retained at his position, that's just absurd and sends the worst message possible to the fan base : we don't care.
Pittsburgh loses their top 2 players, one of them more or less for the year.

They've built depth and competition. PG gives us nights of Kaberle-Campoli-Weber-Diaz 'defending'.

PG's team - he's had a couple of years now - is 3rd worst in the league and on a collision course for 2 worst team in the league. And it is not as if we were a powerhouse that lost 5 top players to injury.

We suck, he must go.

blueinmtl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 10:13 PM
poetryinmotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsfan2772 View Post

I know that all of you have given up and want Grigorenko or Yakupov. But I personally would still rather see us finish 12th than dead last. The pick would be nice, but we are the mighty habs and I wouldn't be able to stand the embarrasment.
kinda too late for that

And if you don't want us to be an embarrassment any longer then maybe we should finish the lowest possible to get one of the potential best damn player in the world.

poetryinmotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 10:14 PM
blueinmtl

Quote:

During games I want them to win & cheer as before. Curse at poor play (lots of that lately), the rush of a goal scored. That can't change, wired that way.

But that is instinctive brain. Rational brain - after the game - understands it is alright to lose & get that great pick.

blueinmtl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 10:15 PM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx81 View Post
DD says hello.
Put Eller or Plekanec between Cole and Pac and they get just as many pts and make the line way better all around.. Not saying he hasnt been a pleasant surprise cause he exceeded any expectation I had in but seriously, we are in **** if "le nain de jardin" has a premier role on this team for the next years..

Old
02-28-2012, 10:16 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:

Well seriously man, how much more embarrassing can it be? Does it really matter if we "come back" to claim 13th? Moreover, the higher the pick the better the chance of us not being in this situation again.

Coming in 15th... you'll have forgotten all about it by the time the team is rebuilt.

Lafleurs Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 10:17 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx81 View Post
DD says hello.
He definitely deserves mention. He's more of a complimentary player between the other two guys but seriously how can we not be happy with him? Well done.

Old
02-28-2012, 10:18 PM
NewHabsEra*

Cant imagine how bad it will get at home for the reminder of the season, guys are going to get booed big time, Gomez will probably start crying on the ice..

Old
02-28-2012, 10:18 PM
zx81

Quote:
Put Eller or Plekanec between Cole and Pac and they get just as many pts and make the line way better all around..
Euh..no.
Gotta love haters.

zx81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 10:22 PM
Kobe Armstrong

vCash: 713
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueinmtl View Post
During games I want them to win & cheer as before. Curse at poor play (lots of that lately), the rush of a goal scored. That can't change, wired that way.

But that is instinctive brain. Rational brain - after the game - understands it is alright to lose & get that great pick.
The first part is always how I feel during a game, and a couple hours later. But this team is so bad, I feel no matter what pick we get the guy will end up like Daigle and bust. I would rather see the team win than lose anyday, Im still genuinely happy when we win, and genuinely sad when we lose. I really still enjoy winning, even if all of you root for us to lose.

Kobe Armstrong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 10:22 PM
Kjell Dahlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
He definitely deserves mention. He's more of a complimentary player between the other two guys but seriously how can we not be happy with him? Well done.

He's more of a complimentary player between the other two guys?!

Desharnais is the one feeding them the damn puck! Insane compete level, great playmaking abilities, strong back check and forecheck, a true student (just like Cole) of the game... he is more than a complimentary player. The guy is already a good NHL playmaker and it is his first full NHL season.

More to come!

Kjell Dahlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 10:24 PM
Stradale

Quote:
Put Eller or Plekanec between Cole and Pac and they get just as many pts and make the line way better all around.. Not saying he hasnt been a pleasant surprise cause he exceeded any expectation I had in but seriously, we are in **** if "le nain de jardin" has a premier role on this team for the next years..
So DD leading our team in points in his first complete season is not something "positive" for you??

Give the guy some credit.

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 10:26 PM
Kriss E

I really hate RC now..

It's beyond pathetic at this point.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 10:30 PM
ROSSter

Its sad that im looking forward to the draft more than watching habs games. Im seeing the habs play minny and toronto this week, heres hoping they show up.

ROSSter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 10:31 PM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradale View Post
So DD leading our team in points in his first complete season is not something "positive" for you??

Give the guy some credit.
The problem for me with all this DD vs Pleks garbage is that we only have 2 top 6 wingers right now. We shouldn't have to sacrifice one for the other, in a team with as many problems as this has no reason to be concerned with either Desharnais or Plekanec. It's absolutely depressing when you consider how much scoring depth we had at the start of the season.

And to think there's people who would pass on Yakupov because we have enough depth at winger and tall centers magically win the cup for you. Desharnais, Plekanec and Eller are the only three guys we have right now who can handle the puck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
I really hate RC now..

It's beyond pathetic at this point.
Is it just me or did Gomez get more power play time than both Eller and Plekanec tonight? This can't be serious, right?

Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 10:32 PM
Protest the Hero

I want Pac and Cole to hit 30, but I'm definitely intrigued to start sticking other guys on DD's line to see if he can get them going. He's been our most consistent centre.

Protest the Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 10:33 PM
MTLROCKS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poulet Kostopoulos View Post
Melanie almost ruined it with that 5 min. penalty. Thank God Habs knew better and foiled Tampa's tank plan. Habs know tanking best now. Have more of Gomez, Krapeler and Crapoli and we're good.
:biglaugh :

MTLROCKS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 10:33 PM
Mike8

Is there a video up of Emelin's hit on Malone?

Mike8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 10:34 PM
The Russian General
Força Portugal

The Kaberle Trade is looking uglier by the day.

The Russian General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 10:34 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjell Dahlin View Post
He's more of a complimentary player between the other two guys?!

Desharnais is the one feeding them the damn puck! Insane compete level, great playmaking abilities, strong back check and forecheck, a true student (just like Cole) of the game... he is more than a complimentary player. The guy is already a good NHL playmaker and it is his first full NHL season.

More to come!
Like I said, he deserves some credit. But no, I don't think he's the guy running that line. Put Pleks in there and it would be a better line.

Old
02-28-2012, 10:37 PM
Captain Saku

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reem View Post
Yeah the Jackets are like a sinking aircraft carrier

We cannot match such tanking prowess but we still have an OK chance to win the lottery if we can outtank the Oilers
Let's not forget that NJ won the lottery last year and moved up to the 4th pick.

Anything could happen, whether we finish 2nd last or 5th last we have a chance at #1.

Captain Saku is offline   Reply With Quote