HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Tank on Habs lose 2-1

Old
02-28-2012, 10:37 PM
Et le But

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
Like I said, he deserves some credit. But no, I don't think he's the guy running that line. Put Pleks in there and it would be a better line.
I'm not sure. Cole can't pass and Pacioretty isn't great. Desharnais doesn't have a strong overall game but he has more diversity in his passing than Plekanec, his skill compliments Cole and Pacioretty nicely.

But I think both would still be great players without him. The bigger issue is that by playing our only high end wingers together every other line is offensively worthless and Plekanec and Eller are isolated. Bourque will be good every so often but you don't rely on him.

Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 10:38 PM
JLP
La Sainte-Flanelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyhabsfan View Post
Monday April 9th when Gainey and Gauthier are Fired!!!!

I will pop open champagne in the morning!!!
Dude I'm there with the bubbly when we sweep out those clowns

JLP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 10:40 PM
Kjell Dahlin

Quote:
Like I said, he deserves some credit. But no, I don't think he's the guy running that line. Put Pleks in there and it would be a better line.
I never mentioned that he is the one driving that line but you, when you wrote "... He's more of a complimentary player between the other two guys..." implied that Pacioretty and Cole were driving that line.

It is not true: they all are driving that line. Though lately (not for the entire season: lately) the driving forces of our first line are Desharnais and Cole.

Desharnais is more, a lot more, than a complementary player.

Kjell Dahlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 10:41 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
I'm not sure. Cole can't pass and Pacioretty isn't great. Desharnais doesn't have a strong overall game but he has more diversity in his passing than Plekanec, his skill compliments Cole and Pacioretty nicely.

But I think both would still be great players without him. The bigger issue is that by playing our only high end wingers together every other line is offensively worthless and Plekanec and Eller are isolated. Bourque will be good every so often but you don't rely on him.
Well at least we still have AK and he can... Uh, wait a minute...

Lafleurs Guy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 10:42 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjell Dahlin View Post
I never mentioned that he is the one driving that line but you, when you wrote "... He's more of a complimentary player between the other two guys..." implied that Pacioretty and Cole were driving that line.

It is not true: they all are driving that line. Though lately (not for the entire season: lately) the driving forces of our first line are Desharnais and Cole.
I think Pac and Cole will get their points regardless. DD has played well but he needs them more than they need him. And I do think it would be a better line with Pleks on it.

Old
02-28-2012, 10:42 PM
blueinmtl

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsfan2772 View Post
The first part is always how I feel during a game, and a couple hours later. But this team is so bad, I feel no matter what pick we get the guy will end up like Daigle and bust. I would rather see the team win than lose anyday, Im still genuinely happy when we win, and genuinely sad when we lose. I really still enjoy winning, even if all of you root for us to lose.
Now you are scaring me...

Incidentally I was in Ottawa for inexplicable reasons recently, and went to a takeaway Indian place in some dark corner. They had a huge framed poster at the front, Yashin and Daigle painted portraits superimposed over paintings of them both 'in action'.

shudder...

blueinmtl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 10:43 PM
FamousTee
Feels Good Man.

Woooo! Only 2 points ahead of Edmonton! Grigs here we come!

FamousTee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 10:44 PM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FamousTee View Post
Woooo! Only 2 points ahead of Edmonton! Grigs here we come!
fun game you watched huh ?

ECWHSWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 10:45 PM
JLP
La Sainte-Flanelle

Excellent that Kaberle and Campoli both got more icetime than Emelin, because those guys need the chance to improve. This season is more and more like a Magritte painting, and I'm there with the schadenfreude.

Blow Habs Blow !

JLP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 10:47 PM
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLP View Post
Excellent that Kaberle and Campoli both got more icetime than Emelin, because those guys need the chance to improve. This season is more and more like a Magritte painting, and I'm there with the schadenfreude.

Blow Habs Blow !
Yeah but they got most of their minutes on the second period when we had like 10 minutes of PP. Emelin was boss tonight.

Myron Gaines* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 10:47 PM
Nicko999

vCash: 174
I love Emelin... BEAST!!!

Nicko999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 10:48 PM
Bourne Endeavor
( •_•)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)

vCash: 13357
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patofqc View Post
I would be very happy with Grigorenko, he would thrive in Montreal!!! The big center we have been looking for so long!
Yes, but we can bribe Columbus with the first back if we leap froged them. Get Grigorenko plus~

Bourne Endeavor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 10:50 PM
EllertoKostitsynGoal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjell Dahlin View Post

Actually, what I think people mean, also what I see and what every advanced stats I've read seem to agree with, Pac-Cole don't do all the job in the offensive zone(making plays, passes and all), DD plays a big part there. But they are the ones driving puck possession (Cole moreso I think, wich isn't surprising, he's always been one hell off a puck possession player even in hard minutes so he's gonna be beastly against softer opposition). DD has grown a whole lot in terms of opposition he can handle in the past year though, he always was a very talented playmaker.

EllertoKostitsynGoal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 10:51 PM
Maxpac

Tanking is easy when you have Aaron Palushaj in the line-up. Wowsers, he has to be the worst "offensive" foreuses we have ever had EVER. The guy thinks he's playing ping-pong, never uses his linemates in any plays, misses every easy cycling play and skates like his head got chopped off. 0% effective, 100% useless.

Maxpac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 10:52 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

I was pissed they kicked out that big ***** Malone out of the game...I wanted somebody to pound the crap out of him for jumping Emelin from behind. Was hoping to see Staubitz pound him instead of Labrie.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 10:56 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
Is it just me or did Gomez get more power play time than both Eller and Plekanec tonight? This can't be serious, right?
Gomez was the least used forward at ES, outside Staubitz, but he was the most used forward on the PP after MaxPac (by 1 second only) and Cole (15sec more).
This despite having scored 2 goals in more than 1 year, and having less than 10pts on the year.
Absolutely senseless. I mean, it was retarded how he got PP time before, but some things you just don't know behind the curtains, maybe they were absolutely trying to showcase him in the best position available and hope for a miracle. But right now, with the deadline past and a bunch of kids that need development, there really is absolutely no explanation for it.
It almost seems like RC has stopped coaching because he doesn't even know what to do anymore. It's like he doesn't even care himself.

Kriss E is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 10:57 PM
Sawyer
Wheeeee

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLP View Post

Blow Habs Blow !
Excellent that two vets got more ice time than a rookie to get a chance to improve their game....pretty sure they've had 400+ games to try that.
Anywho, just nitpicking an odd comment

DD as a better passer than Plekanec? Now I know we have too much hype on DD.

Sawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 11:03 PM
EllertoKostitsynGoal

Plekanec went +5/-2 on scoring chances at ES while playing against Stamkos's line winged by 2 4th liners. Might not have gotten on the scoresheet or stood out offensively (who would in that role?) but he did his job and it wasn't an easy one.

EllertoKostitsynGoal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 11:05 PM
Protest the Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicko999 View Post
I love Emelin... BEAST!!!
Yup, gets hit from behind by Malone, takes his number, and nails him at the blueline.

Protest the Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 11:11 PM
kassian
Emelin's face plate

Full video of the incident between Emelin and Malone:

That was clear boarding if you ask me.

kassian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 11:20 PM
deandebean

The Pleks DD debate is getting lame. The reason why DD is playing with Cole is simple. Cole ASKED the coach to put him with DD. He saw the creativity and asked to be placed with him. That, I've learned from a beat writer. It has NOTHING to do about Pleks. And it clicked from the get go. Having Max on the other side was just normal, since Max is a young Cole clone.

Have you guys ever asked youselves why Pleks never got the best wingers on his side? Because the coachs always felt that Pleks, being a consumate professional, would be able to play with anybody. And he did. he never complained publicly, except at the end of January, when he clearly stated that he wanted to have stable wingers for once, and even asked for AK as a regular winger. It didn't last too long.

Right now, Plecks seems to be going through the motions. He's lost the desire, and rightly so. I find him to be cheating again in the corners, like his girly years.

deandebean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 11:23 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by deandebean View Post
The Pleks DD debate is getting lame. The reason why DD is playing with Cole is simple. Cole ASKED the coach to put him with DD. He saw the creativity and asked to be placed with him. That, I've learned from a beat writer. It has NOTHING to do about Pleks. And it clicked from the get go. Having Max on the other side was just normal, since Max is a young Cole clone.

Have you guys ever asked youselves why Pleks never got the best wingers on his side? Because the coachs always felt that Pleks, being a consumate professional, would be able to play with anybody. And he did. he never complained publicly, except at the end of January, when he clearly stated that he wanted to have stable wingers for once, and even asked for AK as a regular winger. It didn't last too long.

Right now, Plecks seems to be going through the motions. He's lost the desire, and rightly so. I find him to be cheating again in the corners, like his girly years.
Couldn't understand why we didn't just keep him with AK. They worked really well together.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Gomez was the least used forward at ES, outside Staubitz, but he was the most used forward on the PP after MaxPac (by 1 second only) and Cole (15sec more).
This despite having scored 2 goals in more than 1 year, and having less than 10pts on the year.
Absolutely senseless. I mean, it was retarded how he got PP time before, but some things you just don't know behind the curtains, maybe they were absolutely trying to showcase him in the best position available and hope for a miracle. But right now, with the deadline past and a bunch of kids that need development, there really is absolutely no explanation for it.
It almost seems like RC has stopped coaching because he doesn't even know what to do anymore. It's like he doesn't even care himself.
Maybe it's a tank move. Seriously there's no other explanation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Protest the Hero View Post
Yup, gets hit from behind by Malone, takes his number, and nails him at the blueline.
Emelin is great, love the guy. A bright light in an otherwise dark season.

Old
02-28-2012, 11:24 PM
Mike8

Quote:

Always appreciate your insight, deandebean.

Mike8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 11:25 PM
Cyclones Rock

Quote:
I think Pac and Cole will get their points regardless. DD has played well but he needs them more than they need him. And I do think it would be a better line with Pleks on it.
DD has gotten points with everyone he has played with at every level.

In the last 9 games, the Habs have scored 19 goals. DD has 10 points (3g7a). Pacioretty and Cole each have 5 points (3g2a).

He ain't a passenger on that line. Plekanec may or may not have created more points (I think not, but it's legit debate), but the notion that some hold of Eller making MP and EC more productive is laughable. DD has 6 more points this season than Eller does in 145 career games. To those who continually insist that Eller is better than DD offensively....just stop it. It's ridiculous.

Cyclones Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 11:27 PM
Habs Junkie

Quote:

What a load of crap! You spoke to a beat writer? Lolllllllllllllllllllllll

Habs Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote