HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Tank on Habs lose 2-1

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-28-2012, 10:37 PM
  #176
Et le But
Moderator
 
Et le But's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: New York
Country: Argentina
Posts: 17,650
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
Like I said, he deserves some credit. But no, I don't think he's the guy running that line. Put Pleks in there and it would be a better line.
I'm not sure. Cole can't pass and Pacioretty isn't great. Desharnais doesn't have a strong overall game but he has more diversity in his passing than Plekanec, his skill compliments Cole and Pacioretty nicely.

But I think both would still be great players without him. The bigger issue is that by playing our only high end wingers together every other line is offensively worthless and Plekanec and Eller are isolated. Bourque will be good every so often but you don't rely on him.

Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 10:38 PM
  #177
JLP
La Sainte-Flanelle
 
JLP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 6,378
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyhabsfan View Post
Monday April 9th when Gainey and Gauthier are Fired!!!!

I will pop open champagne in the morning!!!
Dude I'm there with the bubbly when we sweep out those clowns

JLP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 10:40 PM
  #178
Kjell Dahlin
Registered User
 
Kjell Dahlin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Québec, Québec
Posts: 1,998
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
Like I said, he deserves some credit. But no, I don't think he's the guy running that line. Put Pleks in there and it would be a better line.
I never mentioned that he is the one driving that line but you, when you wrote "... He's more of a complimentary player between the other two guys..." implied that Pacioretty and Cole were driving that line.

It is not true: they all are driving that line. Though lately (not for the entire season: lately) the driving forces of our first line are Desharnais and Cole.

Desharnais is more, a lot more, than a complementary player.

Kjell Dahlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 10:41 PM
  #179
Lafleurs Guy
Registered User
 
Lafleurs Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 20,902
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
I'm not sure. Cole can't pass and Pacioretty isn't great. Desharnais doesn't have a strong overall game but he has more diversity in his passing than Plekanec, his skill compliments Cole and Pacioretty nicely.

But I think both would still be great players without him. The bigger issue is that by playing our only high end wingers together every other line is offensively worthless and Plekanec and Eller are isolated. Bourque will be good every so often but you don't rely on him.
Well at least we still have AK and he can... Uh, wait a minute...

Lafleurs Guy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 10:42 PM
  #180
Lafleurs Guy
Registered User
 
Lafleurs Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 20,902
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjell Dahlin View Post
I never mentioned that he is the one driving that line but you, when you wrote "... He's more of a complimentary player between the other two guys..." implied that Pacioretty and Cole were driving that line.

It is not true: they all are driving that line. Though lately (not for the entire season: lately) the driving forces of our first line are Desharnais and Cole.
I think Pac and Cole will get their points regardless. DD has played well but he needs them more than they need him. And I do think it would be a better line with Pleks on it.

Lafleurs Guy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 10:42 PM
  #181
blueinmtl
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 238
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habsfan2772 View Post
The first part is always how I feel during a game, and a couple hours later. But this team is so bad, I feel no matter what pick we get the guy will end up like Daigle and bust. I would rather see the team win than lose anyday, Im still genuinely happy when we win, and genuinely sad when we lose. I really still enjoy winning, even if all of you root for us to lose.
Now you are scaring me...

Incidentally I was in Ottawa for inexplicable reasons recently, and went to a takeaway Indian place in some dark corner. They had a huge framed poster at the front, Yashin and Daigle painted portraits superimposed over paintings of them both 'in action'.

shudder...

blueinmtl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 10:43 PM
  #182
FamousTee
Feels Good Man.
 
FamousTee's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Halifax, NS
Country: Canada
Posts: 177
vCash: 500
Woooo! Only 2 points ahead of Edmonton! Grigs here we come!

FamousTee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 10:44 PM
  #183
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!
 
ECWHSWI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 15,264
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FamousTee View Post
Woooo! Only 2 points ahead of Edmonton! Grigs here we come!
fun game you watched huh ?

ECWHSWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 10:45 PM
  #184
JLP
La Sainte-Flanelle
 
JLP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 6,378
vCash: 500
Excellent that Kaberle and Campoli both got more icetime than Emelin, because those guys need the chance to improve. This season is more and more like a Magritte painting, and I'm there with the schadenfreude.

Blow Habs Blow !

JLP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 10:47 PM
  #185
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou
 
Myron Gaines*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,391
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLP View Post
Excellent that Kaberle and Campoli both got more icetime than Emelin, because those guys need the chance to improve. This season is more and more like a Magritte painting, and I'm there with the schadenfreude.

Blow Habs Blow !
Yeah but they got most of their minutes on the second period when we had like 10 minutes of PP. Emelin was boss tonight.

Myron Gaines* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 10:47 PM
  #186
Nicko999
Registered User
 
Nicko999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,632
vCash: 174
I love Emelin... BEAST!!!

Nicko999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 10:48 PM
  #187
Bourne Endeavor
Moderator
( •_•)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)
 
Bourne Endeavor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Montreal, Quebec
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,197
vCash: 13357
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patofqc View Post
I would be very happy with Grigorenko, he would thrive in Montreal!!! The big center we have been looking for so long!
Yes, but we can bribe Columbus with the first back if we leap froged them. Get Grigorenko plus~

Bourne Endeavor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 10:50 PM
  #188
EllertoKostitsynGoal
Registered User
 
EllertoKostitsynGoal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Mtl
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,055
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjell Dahlin View Post
I never mentioned that he is the one driving that line but you, when you wrote "... He's more of a complimentary player between the other two guys..." implied that Pacioretty and Cole were driving that line.

It is not true: they all are driving that line. Though lately (not for the entire season: lately) the driving forces of our first line are Desharnais and Cole.
Actually, what I think people mean, also what I see and what every advanced stats I've read seem to agree with, Pac-Cole don't do all the job in the offensive zone(making plays, passes and all), DD plays a big part there. But they are the ones driving puck possession (Cole moreso I think, wich isn't surprising, he's always been one hell off a puck possession player even in hard minutes so he's gonna be beastly against softer opposition). DD has grown a whole lot in terms of opposition he can handle in the past year though, he always was a very talented playmaker.

EllertoKostitsynGoal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 10:51 PM
  #189
Maxpac
Registered User
 
Maxpac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: hockey city
Posts: 13,870
vCash: 500
Tanking is easy when you have Aaron Palushaj in the line-up. Wowsers, he has to be the worst "offensive" foreuses we have ever had EVER. The guy thinks he's playing ping-pong, never uses his linemates in any plays, misses every easy cycling play and skates like his head got chopped off. 0% effective, 100% useless.

Maxpac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 10:52 PM
  #190
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 30,516
vCash: 500
I was pissed they kicked out that big ***** Malone out of the game...I wanted somebody to pound the crap out of him for jumping Emelin from behind. Was hoping to see Staubitz pound him instead of Labrie.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 10:56 PM
  #191
Kriss E
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 23,549
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
Is it just me or did Gomez get more power play time than both Eller and Plekanec tonight? This can't be serious, right?
Gomez was the least used forward at ES, outside Staubitz, but he was the most used forward on the PP after MaxPac (by 1 second only) and Cole (15sec more).
This despite having scored 2 goals in more than 1 year, and having less than 10pts on the year.
Absolutely senseless. I mean, it was retarded how he got PP time before, but some things you just don't know behind the curtains, maybe they were absolutely trying to showcase him in the best position available and hope for a miracle. But right now, with the deadline past and a bunch of kids that need development, there really is absolutely no explanation for it.
It almost seems like RC has stopped coaching because he doesn't even know what to do anymore. It's like he doesn't even care himself.

Kriss E is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 10:57 PM
  #192
Sawyer
Wheeeee
 
Sawyer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,114
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLP View Post
Excellent that Kaberle and Campoli both got more icetime than Emelin, because those guys need the chance to improve. This season is more and more like a Magritte painting, and I'm there with the schadenfreude.

Blow Habs Blow !
Excellent that two vets got more ice time than a rookie to get a chance to improve their game....pretty sure they've had 400+ games to try that.
Anywho, just nitpicking an odd comment

DD as a better passer than Plekanec? Now I know we have too much hype on DD.

Sawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 11:03 PM
  #193
EllertoKostitsynGoal
Registered User
 
EllertoKostitsynGoal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Mtl
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,055
vCash: 500
Plekanec went +5/-2 on scoring chances at ES while playing against Stamkos's line winged by 2 4th liners. Might not have gotten on the scoresheet or stood out offensively (who would in that role?) but he did his job and it wasn't an easy one.

EllertoKostitsynGoal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 11:05 PM
  #194
Protest the Hero
Registered User
 
Protest the Hero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,383
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicko999 View Post
I love Emelin... BEAST!!!
Yup, gets hit from behind by Malone, takes his number, and nails him at the blueline.

Protest the Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 11:11 PM
  #195
kassian
Emelin's face plate
 
kassian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Montreal
Country: Netherlands Antilles
Posts: 4,055
vCash: 500
Full video of the incident between Emelin and Malone:


That was clear boarding if you ask me.

kassian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 11:20 PM
  #196
deandebean
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Gatineau, câlisse
Country: uriname
Posts: 8,750
vCash: 500
The Pleks DD debate is getting lame. The reason why DD is playing with Cole is simple. Cole ASKED the coach to put him with DD. He saw the creativity and asked to be placed with him. That, I've learned from a beat writer. It has NOTHING to do about Pleks. And it clicked from the get go. Having Max on the other side was just normal, since Max is a young Cole clone.

Have you guys ever asked youselves why Pleks never got the best wingers on his side? Because the coachs always felt that Pleks, being a consumate professional, would be able to play with anybody. And he did. he never complained publicly, except at the end of January, when he clearly stated that he wanted to have stable wingers for once, and even asked for AK as a regular winger. It didn't last too long.

Right now, Plecks seems to be going through the motions. He's lost the desire, and rightly so. I find him to be cheating again in the corners, like his girly years.

deandebean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 11:23 PM
  #197
Lafleurs Guy
Registered User
 
Lafleurs Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 20,902
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by deandebean View Post
The Pleks DD debate is getting lame. The reason why DD is playing with Cole is simple. Cole ASKED the coach to put him with DD. He saw the creativity and asked to be placed with him. That, I've learned from a beat writer. It has NOTHING to do about Pleks. And it clicked from the get go. Having Max on the other side was just normal, since Max is a young Cole clone.

Have you guys ever asked youselves why Pleks never got the best wingers on his side? Because the coachs always felt that Pleks, being a consumate professional, would be able to play with anybody. And he did. he never complained publicly, except at the end of January, when he clearly stated that he wanted to have stable wingers for once, and even asked for AK as a regular winger. It didn't last too long.

Right now, Plecks seems to be going through the motions. He's lost the desire, and rightly so. I find him to be cheating again in the corners, like his girly years.
Couldn't understand why we didn't just keep him with AK. They worked really well together.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Gomez was the least used forward at ES, outside Staubitz, but he was the most used forward on the PP after MaxPac (by 1 second only) and Cole (15sec more).
This despite having scored 2 goals in more than 1 year, and having less than 10pts on the year.
Absolutely senseless. I mean, it was retarded how he got PP time before, but some things you just don't know behind the curtains, maybe they were absolutely trying to showcase him in the best position available and hope for a miracle. But right now, with the deadline past and a bunch of kids that need development, there really is absolutely no explanation for it.
It almost seems like RC has stopped coaching because he doesn't even know what to do anymore. It's like he doesn't even care himself.
Maybe it's a tank move. Seriously there's no other explanation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Protest the Hero View Post
Yup, gets hit from behind by Malone, takes his number, and nails him at the blueline.
Emelin is great, love the guy. A bright light in an otherwise dark season.

Lafleurs Guy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 11:24 PM
  #198
Mike8
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 11,130
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by deandebean View Post
The Pleks DD debate is getting lame. The reason why DD is playing with Cole is simple. Cole ASKED the coach to put him with DD. He saw the creativity and asked to be placed with him. That, I've learned from a beat writer. It has NOTHING to do about Pleks. And it clicked from the get go. Having Max on the other side was just normal, since Max is a young Cole clone.

Have you guys ever asked youselves why Pleks never got the best wingers on his side? Because the coachs always felt that Pleks, being a consumate professional, would be able to play with anybody. And he did. he never complained publicly, except at the end of January, when he clearly stated that he wanted to have stable wingers for once, and even asked for AK as a regular winger. It didn't last too long.

Right now, Plecks seems to be going through the motions. He's lost the desire, and rightly so. I find him to be cheating again in the corners, like his girly years.
Always appreciate your insight, deandebean.

Mike8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 11:25 PM
  #199
Cyclones Rock
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 1,513
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
I think Pac and Cole will get their points regardless. DD has played well but he needs them more than they need him. And I do think it would be a better line with Pleks on it.
DD has gotten points with everyone he has played with at every level.

In the last 9 games, the Habs have scored 19 goals. DD has 10 points (3g7a). Pacioretty and Cole each have 5 points (3g2a).

He ain't a passenger on that line. Plekanec may or may not have created more points (I think not, but it's legit debate), but the notion that some hold of Eller making MP and EC more productive is laughable. DD has 6 more points this season than Eller does in 145 career games. To those who continually insist that Eller is better than DD offensively....just stop it. It's ridiculous.

Cyclones Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 11:27 PM
  #200
Habs Junkie
Registered User
 
Habs Junkie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,060
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by deandebean View Post
The Pleks DD debate is getting lame. The reason why DD is playing with Cole is simple. Cole ASKED the coach to put him with DD. He saw the creativity and asked to be placed with him. That, I've learned from a beat writer. It has NOTHING to do about Pleks. And it clicked from the get go. Having Max on the other side was just normal, since Max is a young Cole clone.

Have you guys ever asked youselves why Pleks never got the best wingers on his side? Because the coachs always felt that Pleks, being a consumate professional, would be able to play with anybody. And he did. he never complained publicly, except at the end of January, when he clearly stated that he wanted to have stable wingers for once, and even asked for AK as a regular winger. It didn't last too long.

Right now, Plecks seems to be going through the motions. He's lost the desire, and rightly so. I find him to be cheating again in the corners, like his girly years.
What a load of crap! You spoke to a beat writer? Lolllllllllllllllllllllll

Habs Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:54 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.