HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Tank on Habs lose 2-1

Old
02-29-2012, 12:27 AM
Et le But

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by deandebean View Post
The Pleks DD debate is getting lame. The reason why DD is playing with Cole is simple. Cole ASKED the coach to put him with DD. He saw the creativity and asked to be placed with him. That, I've learned from a beat writer. It has NOTHING to do about Pleks. And it clicked from the get go. Having Max on the other side was just normal, since Max is a young Cole clone.

Have you guys ever asked youselves why Pleks never got the best wingers on his side? Because the coachs always felt that Pleks, being a consumate professional, would be able to play with anybody. And he did. he never complained publicly, except at the end of January, when he clearly stated that he wanted to have stable wingers for once, and even asked for AK as a regular winger. It didn't last too long.

Right now, Plecks seems to be going through the motions. He's lost the desire, and rightly so. I find him to be cheating again in the corners, like his girly years.
Pleks might as well play like a girl, I'd rather he be 100% with a chip on his shoulder next year than do anything right now. He's doing what he has to defensively, I don't know why anyone is complaining about the way he played today, he was used as a 3rd line C and did his job. The only thing he can do right now is benefit my fantasy team, and the only reason he's still on it to begin with is that he's a SH threat.

Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 12:28 AM
overlords
Hfboards

Hanging on to campoli and weber has really helped the tank effort, imo.

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 12:32 AM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
Maybe it's a tank move. Seriously there's no other explanation.
If that's the case, then it's coming from Gauthier. RC is a green coach that must know he won't be back here next year, I'm not so sure it's in his best interest to follow through with decisions that are absolutely illogical. It won't help him get another head coaching job next year.
For RC's sake though, I hope it is coming from management. Otherwise the man is just a clueless crappy coach.

Kriss E is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 12:34 AM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
If that's the case, then it's coming from Gauthier. RC is a green coach that must know he won't be back here next year, I'm not so sure it's in his best interest to follow through with decisions that are absolutely illogical. It won't help him get another head coaching job next year.
For RC's sake though, I hope it is coming from management. Otherwise the man is just a clueless crappy coach.
Why else would he play Gomez so much? Then again I asked the same thing of JM. I don't understand it. I'm not sure if it's a futile attempt at showcasing or what... very little of what we've done this year makes much sense unless it's from the perspective of trying to lose on purpose. But even then, why make the trades that we did? None of it makes sense.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
Pleks might as well play like a girl, I'd rather he be 100% with a chip on his shoulder next year than do anything right now. He's doing what he has to defensively, I don't know why anyone is complaining about the way he played today, he was used as a 3rd line C and did his job. The only thing he can do right now is benefit my fantasy team, and the only reason he's still on it to begin with is that he's a SH threat.
Another mystery... why has Pleks been relegated to 3rd line? I don't get this at all. By all means keep playing DD with Cole and Pac but Plex should be getting better time.

Lafleurs Guy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 12:38 AM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
he is (un)fortunately...

- Geoffrion-Plekanec-White
- Boucher calls a time-out, our coach use it to talk to Ladouceur...
- Gomez PP time 04:01

ECWHSWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 12:40 AM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
Why else would he play Gomez so much? Then again I asked the same thing of JM. I don't understand it. I'm not sure if it's a futile attempt at showcasing or what... very little of what we've done this year makes much sense unless it's from the perspective of trying to lose on purpose. But even then, why make the trades that we did? None of it makes sense.
I had a hunch the objective was to tank the moment we fired Martin. But I gave RC a couple games before passing judgment. Some of his decisions/moves were too weird though, even from a rookie coach. So, I really thought management was going for a rebuild/tank when they fired him. Anyways, most of the guys that were here were supported by Martin and Gainey.
But every time I thought that, I had to wonder why they went after Kaberle just a couple games before. Was it a last attempt to save it all? If so, why did they only wait 3 games before firing Martin after..

And then, why trade Cammy so early.

Why wait for deadline before picking a scrapper, when we have had the most useless 4th line in the NHL all year..

As you said, too many weird decisions have been taken this year. Precisely why I think we need to change management. It seems like we've been in a maze all year, going one direction, then turning right, left, back, left, forward, right, never finding the correct path.

Kriss E is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 12:45 AM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
I had a hunch the objective was to tank the moment we fired Martin. But I gave RC a couple games before passing judgment. Some of his decisions/moves were too weird though, even from a rookie coach. So, I really thought management was going for a rebuild/tank when they fired him. Anyways, most of the guys that were here were supported by Martin and Gainey.
But every time I thought that, I had to wonder why they went after Kaberle just a couple games before. Was it a last attempt to save it all? If so, why did they only wait 3 games before firing Martin after..

And then, why trade Cammy so early.

Why wait for deadline before picking a scrapper, when we have had the most useless 4th line in the NHL all year..

As you said, too many weird decisions have been taken this year. Precisely why I think we need to change management. It seems like we've been in a maze all year, going one direction, then turning right, left, back, left, forward, right, never finding the correct path.
We'll have something like a 15% chance at Yakupov. It's a longshot but that would sorely help us. New mgmt team next year hopefully and we can start again.

We just really need a fresh start.

Lafleurs Guy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 12:48 AM
Mike8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs Junkie View Post
What a load of crap! You spoke to a beat writer? Lolllllllllllllllllllllll
I'll never understand why new/young posters choose to be disrespectful to other posters when they clearly don't know the position or experiences those other posters have had. Definitely lowers the quality of posting, in my view.

Mike8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 12:53 AM
Habs Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike8 View Post
I'll never understand why new/young posters choose to be disrespectful to other posters when they clearly don't know the position or experiences those other posters have had. Definitely lowers the quality of posting, in my view.
Buddy, look at his profile. No info. Heck, under gender it says none of your business. So who the hell is he that I have to show respect to, when he clearly is talking out of his ass.

Habs Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 01:01 AM
Mike8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs Junkie View Post
Buddy, look at his profile. No info. Heck, under gender it says none of your business. So who the hell is he that I have to show respect to, when he clearly is talking out of his ass.
Are you expecting his CV under his profile? Just read and learn, or be quiet and ignore if you choose not to believe. The purpose of message boards is to exchange information and discuss. There is little point in chopping others down.

Anyone that's been on this forum for a long time knows that deandebean has experience in the business and has connections with worthwhile information, not to mention having good solid insight about the team in general.

Mike8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 01:03 AM
EllertoKostitsynGoal

Quote:
Another mystery... why has Pleks been relegated to 3rd line? I don't get this at all. By all means keep playing DD with Cole and Pac but Plex should be getting better time.
Because Cunneyworth seems to judge player's overall abilities like the RDS panel does (GRIT!!!, - player? BAD DEFENCE. ohhhh shiny stat sheet!!!!!!). When he came in we had a ton of injuries to tough minutes player+Emelin hadn't yet taken a the step to a legit 2nd pairing D (so we only has Gorges and Subban as top 4 D)so Plekanec was playing a huge defensive role. The strategy was to have Plekanec taking on the 2nd lines but by himself while Gorges-Subban-Eller took on the firsts as a unit. Basically hope the soft minutes unit (Pac-DD-Cole) can score before the other units get scored on.

Noone is gonna put up points playing that role (especially not with a 40% Ozone start), problem is Randy came in, saw that Plekanec wasn't putting up the points but he never actually bothered trying to understand why.... when it was pretty clear. (Results over process, especially over a small sample, is a dangerous thing, see Ville Leino)

Now you can forget about him getting linemates, don't forget, Randy has run 2/3 of a legit playoff team's first line out of town... our third best winger is Bourque, a guy more suited for an offensive soft minutes third line role than on a two-way shut down unit.

EllertoKostitsynGoal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 01:04 AM
SnapVirus

Hes right. I saw it too.

SnapVirus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 01:09 AM
Habs Junkie

Quote:
Are you expecting his CV under his profile? Just read and learn, or be quiet and ignore if you choose not to believe. The purpose of message boards is to exchange information and discuss. There is little point in chopping others down.

Anyone that's been on this forum for a long time knows that deandebean has experience in the business and has connections with worthwhile information, not to mention having good solid insight about the team in general.
No I'm sorry but I won't ignore. It's people like him that pretend to be something, come on here and invent stories, and then people like you believe them, and then the falsified information is spread around like facts. Again I will not ignore, and I'll call out anyone who starts bull ****. How do you know that I'm not close friends with Eric cole and that he personally told me he hates playing with Desharnais and misses Staal? You see, I can play that game too.

Habs Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 01:12 AM
lou4gehrig

So if we win the lottery and get first overall... do we take Yakupov over Grigorenko? I'm kinda worried Yakupov will burn out / get injured like Ovechkin.

lou4gehrig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 01:16 AM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by lou4gehrig View Post
So if we win the lottery and get first overall... do we take Yakupov over Grigorenko? I'm kinda worried Yakupov will burn out / get injured like Ovechkin.
lol

that is why we tank next year too , just incase

Habaneros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 01:17 AM
Habit11

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllertoKostitsynGoal View Post
Because Cunneyworth seems to judge player's overall abilities like the RDS panel does (GRIT!!!, - player? BAD DEFENCE. ohhhh shiny stat sheet!!!!!!). When he came in we had a ton of injuries to tough minutes player+Emelin hadn't yet taken a the step to a legit 2nd pairing D (so we only has Gorges and Subban as top 4 D)so Plekanec was playing a huge defensive role. The strategy was to have Plekanec taking on the 2nd lines but by himself while Gorges-Subban-Eller took on the firsts as a unit. Basically hope the soft minutes unit (Pac-DD-Cole) can score before the other units get scored on.

Noone is gonna put up points playing that role (especially not with a 40% Ozone start), problem is Randy came in, saw that Plekanec wasn't putting up the points but he never actually bothered trying to understand why.... when it was pretty clear. (Results over process, especially over a small sample, is a dangerous thing, see Ville Leino)

Now you can forget about him getting linemates, don't forget, Randy has run 2/3 of a legit playoff team's first line out of town... our third best winger is Bourque, a guy more suited for an offensive soft minutes third line role than on a two-way shut down unit.
Agree with all of your post, and don't think RC is nearly good enough to be coaching this team, but the bolded part isn't true. A lame duck coach who the GM/Owner didn't stick up for during the language crisis, who will not be head coach next year, in no way had anything to do with those players being traded.

Habit11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 01:19 AM
GeneralManager*

We won't suck this bad next year, so lets trade our 2013 1st round pick while everyone thinks we suck and try to get galchenyuk this year.

GeneralManager* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 01:19 AM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
RIP

Quote:

Don't bother. The only reason I even saw the comments is because you quoted him... just saying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralManager View Post
We won't suck this bad next year, so lets trade our 2013 1st round pick while everyone thinks we suck and try to get galchenyuk this year.
Everyone had us pegged for 6-8th in the East with lots of upside. Look what happened. I wouldn't trade it unless the offer is too good.

DekeLikeYouMeanIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 01:20 AM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
That would be a monumentally bad decision.

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 01:24 AM
GeneralManager*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsolument90 View Post
Don't bother. The only reason I even saw the comments is because you quoted him... just saying.

Everyone had us pegged for 6-8th in the East with lots of upside. Look what happened. I wouldn't trade it unless the offer is too good.
that's because people thought we would have markov, a healthy gionta, and a coach with a system. the habs you see right now, is not the habs we had going into the season. cunneyworth is probably the worst coach in the league, does even know what he is doing? does he care? he has no job in a few months, so i'm sure he doesn't.

Old
02-29-2012, 01:26 AM
GeneralManager*

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
That would be a monumentally bad decision.
Tell me with a straight face that habs will be a lottery team again with a real coach, markov, gionta, and a flashy ufa using gomez's castoff money. this was a playoff team with really bad luck and a idiot gm sabotaging it so it secures a lottery pick.

Old
02-29-2012, 01:32 AM
lou4gehrig

Quote:
Tell me with a straight face that habs will be a lottery team again with a real coach, markov, gionta, and a flashy ufa using gomez's castoff money. this was a playoff team with really bad luck and a idiot gm sabotaging it so it secures a lottery pick.
I hope we are a lottery team next year. That means we'd be building with youth and not trying to patch holes with overpriced and over the hill veterans. Grigorenko is a nice start. MacKinnon would be what we needed to be a true cup contender.

lou4gehrig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 01:34 AM
Erik Estrada

All I've got to say is I hope we see a lot more of Gomez, Campoli and Kaberle... As long as Cunneyworth and management think that by playing them enough they might turn things around, we're headed in the right direction.

MOAR!!!

Erik Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 01:34 AM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Well, the starting line up we began with last year has changed by effectively replacing Cammalleri, A.Kost, and Gill with Bourque, Staubitz, and Kaberle. I dunno, unless we get better seasons from a lot of those guys (including Price), lottery isn't totally out of the equation, lol.

Ohashi_Jouzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 01:36 AM
EllertoKostitsynGoal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habit11 View Post
Agree with all of your post, and don't think RC is nearly good enough to be coaching this team, but the bolded part isn't true. A lame duck coach who the GM/Owner didn't stick up for during the language crisis, who will not be head coach next year, in no way had anything to do with those players being traded.
Not technically since he can't trade them but I believe he played a big part in that. They were clearly unhappy with the dump and chase/anti puck possession system. This led to Cammy's comment (wich were completely twisted by Gagnon), then the trade... Funny how a team that now needs tough minutes wingers traded the guy that has played on average the toughest minutes in the entire NHL (Serious about that) for a soft minutes third liner.

Pretty sure AK was well on his way to resigning before we screwed up, he was having a great season when he had stable linemates and didn't get benched for handling the puck. Thankfully for us, he didn't run out the most important piece of that line (even if some people wish he did) Plekanec doesn't look happy but he usually suck it up and does what is asked of him.

EllertoKostitsynGoal is offline   Reply With Quote