HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#64 Kings @ Wild, 2/28/12 - PostGame 4-0 WIN, Thoughts & Tidbits = it's NOT over !

Old
02-28-2012, 11:35 PM
DocWest
2012 & 2014 Champs

vCash: 500
This thread is short because there is nothing to be mad about, therefore less bickering and tantrums.

DocWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 11:40 PM
10 ft. pole

Random Thoughts:

-I really hope we start getting Bernie in their a little more. If we can rest Quick a little, before the playoffs we will fair much better. Bernie needs really needs to be sharp if we have a cup run in us. I remember the "Edmonton Debacle" against the Canes. Gotta have two guys mentally and physically on their toes if you want to win

-Of course to even entertain the thought of a playoff run we need the Carter/Richards line to get going. I think the best thing in the world could be a different line getting it done every night. I love Carter's speed and center lane drive. Mike is floating a bit, and is fighting the play and is taking the wrong road when he sees a fork. It will come back to him. Scoring is contagious in my playing experience and I think we have yet to see his best hockey (Thank God).

-I really like how King and Nolan have injected some balls and piss and vinegar into the line-up. Their hustle and keeping their feet moving has been contagious. Much needed forecheck and dirt work being put in by these Rooks.

-Penner even played half way decent tonight. I say keep him on the 4th line and make him earn every minute.Just keep him the hell away from the top 3 lines. His head is still up his ass in my opinion. "Lost Cause" we just need to exercise damage control and try to get a little bit out of his big ass.

-Voynov looks very steady out there. For some reason I just worry about him being durable enough. He seems to take the worst of most teams forechecks.

-Fraser reminds me of Jon Sim. He is still a plug but, albeit a useful one and I like his game.

-Williams is one hell of a teammate. He is my favorite guy on the team right now.

-Brown is full of piss and vinegar right now and I love it. I also like the fact that he is diving less and has taken Suter's advice and focused on North/South and destroying everything in between.

Last edited by 10 ft. pole: 02-28-2012 at 11:51 PM.
10 ft. pole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 11:41 PM
drugold
drunk, goals&swagger

vCash: 50
Complaining about the lack of people complaining. A true Kings fan.

Though seriously, ive said this before, this forum is like a councelling session as a partner of a bad relationship. When we win, I feel good, I can turn the computer off, sit on the couch and reflect on how blissful it was to watch a fluid Kings team in motion. When we lose, big time fluff, I feel hurt, broken and pissed off, im on here venting, boozing up and trying to make myself feel better by slandering millionaires that havent put in 100%. Everyone has the option to block, delete, ignore users but we need to remember, if we all had the same opinion, most of us wouldnt be here.

As long as we are here to constructively argue, not slander, bring it on

Yes I am boozed, I didnt watch the game but im boozed

Quote:
Originally Posted by tantrum4 View Post
Wow, only 3 pages of comments after a 4-0 win. How many pages do you think it would have been if we lost this game? 10? 20? That's one thing that really bugs me about Kings fans, it's like you'd almost rather lose just so you have something to complain about

drugold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 11:42 PM
Docgonzo
Triple Crown Line

Nolan and King really impress me, both just go to the net every time.

Docgonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 11:57 PM
yankeeking

it seems they might be getting the idea that we have to have traffic in front and then put the puck in the crease and anything can happen, the goal in nashville and a couple tonight do not happen a few weeks ago when we had SHOT mentallity but no traffic to deflect or block vision, all in all a good trio of games .......big big game saturday we need everyone there to be loud as a playoff game because it basically is

yankeeking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 12:14 AM
johnjm22

Didn't get to see the game but I was very happy to see the result.

And very happy for JB as well. Also, I'm super high on Voynov, I think he could become a special player.

How did Carter look? Kings as team have played well in all three games since he's been acquired.

johnjm22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 12:14 AM
SLang

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingPurpleDinosaur View Post
before us, blackhawks won 4 of their last 5, i don't think that's "struggling".
I guess I prefer a bigger sample size.......I call 4-11-1 in their last 16 struggling.

But, although I've felt like calling it quits on the Kings season these past few days, I'm able to rally as a fan if they are as a team.

SLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 12:19 AM
damacles1156

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjm22 View Post
Didn't get to see the game but I was very happy to see the result.

And very happy for JB as well. Also, I'm super high on Voynov, I think he could become a special player.

How did Carter look? Kings as team have played well in all three games since he's been acquired.
Carter was fine, Richards looks a little shaky though. Their line is drawing the tough D matchup. Carter made a nice strip at center ice and almost scored. He is fast for a big guy.
Also he is pretty darn good at D.

Kopi and Brown are getting more room because of it.

Last edited by damacles1156: 02-29-2012 at 12:30 AM.
damacles1156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 12:23 AM
CTKingsFan
6/11/12 & 6/13/14

Just finished watching the game. Great win obviously! Almost felt like a carbon copy of the Chicago game. Bernier was fantastic very aggressive and yet he didn't have to stand on his head for us to win.

That's a beautiful thing!

CTKingsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 12:35 AM
Boba Fettuccine
Pastafarian

vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nefarious View Post
I think everyone is still in shock. They need a little time for the win to sink in.
You need to change your user name to Nefarious B.I.G.

Boba Fettuccine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 12:39 AM
TruKingFan
Two-Time Cup Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25 View Post
I like the wipping boys line:

Penner-Stoll-Lewis. They have done a good job keeping pressure up on the other teams. They should get some favorable matchups and need to start putting some pucks in the net.
If this line ever plays consistently well, and Gagne comes back in good form, Kings could be an absolute nightmare for ANY team in the playoffs. Gotta get there, boys!

TruKingFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 12:45 AM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

We looked good. I thought that we had a solid effort from start to finish. Having Carter is forcing teams to spread out their efforts in earnest and it is making room for everyone else (having 3 solid lines). So far so good. I can't wait to see him get more comfortable and get a few goals (Carter).

JB covered the angles really well tonight. Good stuff.

It aint over yet.

GO KINGS GO!!!!

etherialone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 01:28 AM
JBernierFan
Drink up!

Just finished watching the game. I'm tired so all I'm going to say for now is

BERNIER WITH THE SHUT OUT!!!!!!!! WOOT WOOT

JBernierFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 02:45 AM
KingsKnight
L.A. Kriminals

Finished watching and it's great to see us get some bounces and actually finish chances. Good to see Bernier get the shutout as icing on the cake. There were a lot of positives and few negatives. Three days off should do us good with practices and getting Carter acclimated a little more with his linemates and our system (or maybe we should keep him away from our system ). On to the next one...should be a good one.

KingsKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 02:54 AM
savemefromtears
Bravo Viva la France

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruKingFan View Post
If this line ever plays consistently well, and Gagne comes back in good form, Kings could be an absolute nightmare for ANY team in the playoffs. Gotta get there, boys!
This team has never really fired on all cyclinders.

If we make the playoffs, and 'if' being the key word, and Gagne comes back, I wouldn't be surprised to see an upset.

That second line of Carter and Richy looked good. Quite a few scoring chances tonight. It's only a matter of time before they start to put points on the board.

Kopi had a great game, and his assist and goal was gravy on the Thanksgiving day mashed potatoes.

Goaltending was fantastic.

Voynov is really the only D to get shots through on net.

Stoll still can't hit the net unless in the shootout.

We'll really need to have Lewis and Stoll and Penner chip in a few here. All three of them have picked up their games, thank God.

It'll be interesting to see if Gagne comes back, though I wouldn't bet the lot on it.

savemefromtears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 03:44 AM
JR28

Great game by Bernier. He has now played 2 games against them in Minnesota this season and he hasn't given up a goal. The Wild only won the first game in a shootout.

JR28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 04:27 AM
Frolov 6'3
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocWest View Post
This thread is short because there is nothing to be mad about, therefore less bickering and tantrums.
Correct.

Its a PROVEN fact that people will complain much quicker on the internet when there is something to complain. The same with articles/medication or whatever.

When you buy a television and there's something wrong with it than people are much more eager to write a review. Same with supposed side-effects with medication.

Frolov 6'3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 04:46 AM
kingsholygrail
You Face Jaraxxus!

Gonna need a montage for March....

kingsholygrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 05:21 AM
Moscowitz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
Good stuff.

I'm all for calling Nolan 'Lefty' after that fight. Sick move to switch hands.

Moscowitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 06:42 AM
tbn

I couldn't watch the game yesterday. Is there any archive (or torrent site) on the net where I could download the whole game or otherwise see it?

Thanks in advanced.

Last edited by tbn: 02-29-2012 at 06:57 AM.
tbn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 07:48 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 450
Bigger than the offensive "explosion" is that they got a win without Quick in net. They have a rough last month of the season. Even if the Wild are now the worst scoring team in the league, it's easy to cough these games up.

Luckily, the Wild looked heartbroken about Nick Schultz.

They took care of business. It's easy for teams who are frustrated to blow it.

Stop Feeding the Rumor-Monger

"I wonder if Norstrom has Forsberg's spleen mounted on his wall." - KINGS17

My 50 Favorite Albums of 2014 (sorry it's late)
GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 09:17 AM
DoktorJeep
Original Bandwagoner

Solid win against a bad team. Given how Jekyll and Hyde the Kings have been recently, it's always nice to see them win.

Some positive trends from the past few games is seeing the top line being effective in the offensive zone and picking up goals. If somehow Jeff Carter is able to get his buddy MR going, then the Kings will have a legitimate chance to make the playoffs. If they are stuck being a one line team on the scoring side of things, I don't know if they'll be able to move ahead of the teams they are currently bottled up with in the standings.

DoktorJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 10:06 AM
Brad Doty
\_(ツ)_/

Love Carter. His shot is DEADLY. I can't help but think "what if" about that post vs. Nashville...

Oh, and props to King. The guy is an NHL player I don't expect him to stay on Carter/Richie's line forever, but I think he's carving out a lineup spot on the 3rd/4th lines.

Brad Doty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 10:25 AM
Muzzinga
Regehr GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by savemefromtears View Post

Voynov is really the only D to get shots through on net.
A-Mart and Mitchell are both good at that aswell. Doughty could do with learning from them

the important thing for this team, is that the 2nd line can score liek the first line is, when Kopitar draws the tough matchups again

Muzzinga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 10:32 AM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Solid effort in a game they absolutely needed to win.

Carter even with no points yet, is opening things up with his speed and willingness to attack the middle of the ice.

Bernier was super solid and needs to play more. Really glad that he wasn't in the deal to get Carter.

KINGS17 is offline   Reply With Quote