HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Tank on Habs lose 2-1

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-29-2012, 12:37 AM
  #226
GeneralManager*
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 238
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by lou4gehrig View Post
I hope we are a lottery team next year. That means we'd be building with youth and not trying to patch holes with overpriced and over the hill veterans. Grigorenko is a nice start. MacKinnon would be what we needed to be a true cup contender.
If you want MacKinnon, that would mean we keep Gauthier, keep Cunneyworth, send Markov to Dr.Kevorkian's more evil twin brother, keep gomez, continue to play darche with plekanec, play budaj for 40% of the games, anything else? Oh yah, trade gorges for redden...with gauthier its possible.

GeneralManager* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 12:37 AM
  #227
MoldyCakes
Fight, Troll, Score
 
MoldyCakes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Maryland native
Country: United States
Posts: 7,976
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralManager View Post
Tell me with a straight face that habs will be a lottery team again with a real coach, markov, gionta, and a flashy ufa using gomez's castoff money. this was a playoff team with really bad luck and a idiot gm sabotaging it so it secures a lottery pick.
There are no flashy UFAs this season. neither Parise's preferences or Semin's preferences include Montreal, with Parise preferring the Devils, Minny, or a contender while Semin will either stay in Washington or bolt to the KHL.

MoldyCakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 12:38 AM
  #228
GeneralManager*
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 238
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blame it on PK View Post
There are no flashy UFAs this season. neither Parise's preferences or Semin's preferences include Montreal, with Parise preferring the Devils, Minny, or a contender while Semin will either staying in Washington or bolt to the KHL.
i was thinking about giving ryan suter 8 million a season.

GeneralManager* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 12:39 AM
  #229
NotProkofievian
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 3,618
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralManager View Post
Tell me with a straight face that habs will be a lottery team again with a real coach, markov, gionta, and a flashy ufa using gomez's castoff money. this was a playoff team with really bad luck and a idiot gm sabotaging it so it secures a lottery pick.
No more trading high picks. The habs only gain picks for the next 3-5 years.

Trading picks/prospects is nothing but mortgaging your future. Well, eventually, the future becomes the present, and you're left with **** all to show for it.

Eg: Trading our 2008 pick for Tanguay who we didn't retain. That pick almost certainly would've been used to draft John Carlson. To add to this, we traded Ryan McDonagh and Chris Higgins for Scott Gomez.

Could you imagine where our d-corps would be with McDonagh, Carlson, and Subban right now?

This is the kind of thing you give up when you start trading first picks willy nilly, or worse, you pull a toronto.

NotProkofievian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 12:40 AM
  #230
GeneralManager*
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 238
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohashi_Jouzu View Post
Well, the starting line up we began with last year has changed by effectively replacing Cammalleri, A.Kost, and Gill with Bourque, Staubitz, and Kaberle. I dunno, unless we get better seasons from a lot of those guys (including Price), lottery isn't totally out of the equation, lol.
markov (or a nhl caliber replacement) and gionta won't help? a coach with a system? a gm with a plan?

GeneralManager* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 12:41 AM
  #231
andy28
Registered User
 
andy28's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 4,270
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralManager View Post
i was thinking about giving ryan suter 8 million a season.
We need a dman like this.

andy28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 12:42 AM
  #232
Et le But
Registered User
 
Et le But's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: New York
Country: Argentina
Posts: 18,482
vCash: 500
Suter should be the priority but is giving him 8M really a good idea? Also what impact does that have on Subban and Emelin's next contracts?

Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 12:43 AM
  #233
Mike8
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 11,454
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs Junkie View Post
No I'm sorry but I won't ignore. It's people like him that pretend to be something, come on here and invent stories, and then people like you believe them, and then the falsified information is spread around like facts.
Actually, I don't spread anything around unless I know it to be true. And I've also worked in hockey before, so I know some individuals posting here do have work experience in the game. Frankly, when you are 'around' another individual for long enough in any capacity--even if it's on a discussion forum--then you start to build a sense of who's perpetuating myth and who knows what they're talking about. And when I say long enough, a decade+ suffices.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs Junkie View Post
How do you know that I'm not close friends with Eric cole and that he personally told me he hates playing with Desharnais and misses Staal? You see, I can play that game too.
Two ways that I'd know not to trust your word:

1) anyone that knows Erik Cole would know how to spell his name;
2) individuals who are brash, confrontational and argumentative tend not to have real world contacts.

Mike8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 12:46 AM
  #234
andy28
Registered User
 
andy28's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 4,270
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike8 View Post
2) individuals who are brash, confrontational and argumentative tend not to have real world contacts.
What about Erik Cole's brash, confrontational cousin Aloysius Hercules Cole?

andy28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 12:47 AM
  #235
GeneralManager*
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 238
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotProkofievian View Post
No more trading high picks. The habs only gain picks for the next 3-5 years.

Trading picks/prospects is nothing but mortgaging your future. Well, eventually, the future becomes the present, and you're left with **** all to show for it.

Eg: Trading our 2008 pick for Tanguay who we didn't retain. That pick almost certainly would've been used to draft John Carlson. To add to this, we traded Ryan McDonagh and Chris Higgins for Scott Gomez.

Could you imagine where our d-corps would be with McDonagh, Carlson, and Subban right now?

This is the kind of thing you give up when you start trading first picks willy nilly, or worse, you pull a toronto.
I never said anything about trading a pick for a short term fix, i said trading a future 1st round pick while there's an illusion of us being absolutely terrible for a top 5-6 pick this year. Everyone thought the senators would be terrible again this year, what happened to them? They got a new coach, karlsson broke out, Spezza started playing with fire and now they are one of the top teams in the east. People fail to realize that there's a ton of parity in this cap based NHL. It takes very little to separate from the 'good' and the 'bad'...it won't take much to turn this mess around, just someone with a brain.

GeneralManager* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 12:49 AM
  #236
Habit11
Registered User
 
Habit11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 2,333
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EllertoKostitsynGoal View Post
Not technically since he can't trade them but I believe he played a big part in that. They were clearly unhappy with the dump and chase/anti puck possession system. This led to Cammy's comment (wich were completely twisted by Gagnon), then the trade... Funny how a team that now needs tough minutes wingers traded the guy that has played on average the toughest minutes in the entire NHL (Serious about that) for a soft minutes third liner.

Pretty sure AK was well on his way to resigning before we screwed up, he was having a great season when he had stable linemates and didn't get benched for handling the puck. Thankfully for us, he didn't run out the most important piece of that line (even if some people wish he did) Plekanec doesn't look happy but he usually suck it up and does what is asked of him.
Cammalleri was unhappy with the coach, so the GM trades him away in favour of a coach he's going to fire anyway? AK has always had one foot in the door and one out for the last 2 seasons, same as under JM. I understand the concern over how poorly he has coached, but let's not lose sight of who is running the ship, and basically ran it into the ground after some bizarre decisions.

I also wouldn't pin the trades of SK, Lapierre, O'Byrne, Lats, D'agostini on JM (and it would be much easier to say JM was a direct cause of those players being shipped out for at this point what amounts to Bournival/Palushaj) because no matter how much a coach is unhappy with certain players in no way should that majorly influence how a GM assembles his team, otherwise who is really in charge at that point?

Habit11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 12:50 AM
  #237
GeneralManager*
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 238
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
Suter should be the priority but is giving him 8M really a good idea? Also what impact does that have on Subban and Emelin's next contracts?
Subban and Prices contract can be handled with the money leftover from the losses of Gill, Kostitsyn and Cammalleri. The demotion of Gomez to the AHL will give us cap space to OVERPAY (in terms of market value) for Suter. Trust me i'd rather overpay for Suter by 2 million, as opposed to overpaying for two guys of kaberle's value by 1 million each. Players like Suter make everyone better.

GeneralManager* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 12:53 AM
  #238
GeneralManager*
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 238
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jefferiah View Post
What about Erik Cole's brash, confrontational cousin Aloysius Hercules Cole?
Oh that guy, he's a *****!

GeneralManager* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 12:53 AM
  #239
Scotianhab
Registered User
 
Scotianhab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,776
vCash: 500
I was at the game tonight. It was half Habs fans, half Bolts fans. I was impressed by Eller, Emelin, DD, White, & I thought Geoffrion played pretty good. He crashed the net a few times and forchecked hard. Kaberle, Campoli, & Gomez were sickening to watch. Price played good and never had a chance on both goals. The fight was good. Diaz was out muscled all night, he's very small out there. Just my thoughts.......

Scotianhab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 12:53 AM
  #240
overlords
#BargainBanned
 
overlords's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 26,558
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralManager View Post
Tell me with a straight face that habs will be a lottery team again with a real coach, markov, gionta, and a flashy ufa using gomez's castoff money. this was a playoff team with really bad luck and a idiot gm sabotaging it so it secures a lottery pick.


Tell me with a straight face you expected us to be a lottery team this year. **** happens. Players get injured, or slump. Free agents fail miserably (see buffalo). We need an overhaul of our d-corps. If we can't sign a Jackman or some other solid defensive defenseman (or two), we're toast (again). A new GM is likely coming in and who knows, he might make deals just as bad as the gomez one.

We don't know. You do NOT trade your first before the season even starts unless you're getting a young, franchise player in return, or unless you're shoring up the roster at the trade deadline.

Also, the 2013 draft is deeper than this one.

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 12:55 AM
  #241
Habs Junkie
Registered User
 
Habs Junkie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,160
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike8 View Post
Actually, I don't spread anything around unless I know it to be true. And I've also worked in hockey before, so I know some individuals posting here do have work experience in the game. Frankly, when you are 'around' another individual for long enough in any capacity--even if it's on a discussion forum--then you start to build a sense of who's perpetuating myth and who knows what they're talking about. And when I say long enough, a decade+ suffices.



Two ways that I'd know not to trust your word:

1) anyone that knows Erik Cole would know how to spell his name;
2) individuals who are brash, confrontational and argumentative tend not to have real world contacts.
Oh you worked in hockey eh? Where? I'm very curious.

And forgive me it's Erik with a K, he always got mad at us for doing that growing up together.


Last edited by Habs Junkie: 02-29-2012 at 01:06 AM.
Habs Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 12:57 AM
  #242
Habs Junkie
Registered User
 
Habs Junkie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,160
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralManager View Post
Oh that guy, he's a *****!
Hey, why are you insulting me like that

Habs Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 01:03 AM
  #243
Habs Junkie
Registered User
 
Habs Junkie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,160
vCash: 500
Mike8 = hockeyy ******** , the mysterious insider of the NHL who worked for many teams and still in contact with gm's all over the league. Gary Bettman was at his house earlier for some tea and crumpets.

Deandebean is ElCloun, I have nothing else to say, but the name says it all.

Habs Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 01:06 AM
  #244
GeneralManager*
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 238
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post


Tell me with a straight face you expected us to be a lottery team this year. **** happens. Players get injured, or slump. Free agents fail miserably (see buffalo). We need an overhaul of our d-corps. If we can't sign a Jackman or some other solid defensive defenseman (or two), we're toast (again). A new GM is likely coming in and who knows, he might make deals just as bad as the gomez one.

We don't know. You do NOT trade your first before the season even starts unless you're getting a young, franchise player in return, or unless you're shoring up the roster at the trade deadline.

Also, the 2013 draft is deeper than this one.
throughout this disaster of a season, the habs are still 17th in GF vs GA differential. Does that mean anything to you? With all the random firings, trades, questionable coaching decisions, problems in the lockeroom...we are 11 points away from a playoff position. That's 6 wins...that's like one healthy andrei markov saucer passing PK subban 6 times for a game winning goal on the pp in regulation. There's no way in hell the habs are this bad next year. Everything that could go wrong, went wrong for this to happen (i'm happy it did happen though). And the proposition i made would be done by a competent general manager, not pierre gauthier btw.

GeneralManager* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 01:08 AM
  #245
MoldyCakes
Fight, Troll, Score
 
MoldyCakes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Maryland native
Country: United States
Posts: 7,976
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs Junkie View Post
Mike8 = hockeyy ******** , the mysterious insider of the NHL who worked for many teams and still in contact with gm's all over the league. Gary Bettman was at his house earlier for some tea and crumpets.

Deandebean is ElCloun, I have nothing else to say, but the name says it all.
Insiders can and do exist on forums. Being a closed-mined, sarcasm-tongued fool will do nothing to disprove that.

MoldyCakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 01:13 AM
  #246
Habs Junkie
Registered User
 
Habs Junkie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,160
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blame it on PK View Post
Insiders can and do exist on forums. Being a closed-mined, sarcasm-tongued fool will do nothing to disprove that.

Habs Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 01:14 AM
  #247
GeneralManager*
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 238
vCash: 500
I'm Scott Howsen btw, thus the username. What are you willing to give up for Nash? He pissed me off and you're on his list.

GeneralManager* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 01:21 AM
  #248
NotProkofievian
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 3,618
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralManager View Post
I never said anything about trading a pick for a short term fix, i said trading a future 1st round pick while there's an illusion of us being absolutely terrible for a top 5-6 pick this year. Everyone thought the senators would be terrible again this year, what happened to them? They got a new coach, karlsson broke out, Spezza started playing with fire and now they are one of the top teams in the east. People fail to realize that there's a ton of parity in this cap based NHL. It takes very little to separate from the 'good' and the 'bad'...it won't take much to turn this mess around, just someone with a brain.
It took a habs GM to figure out that building through the draft is the smartest way. Yet for whatever reason, we have lost that tradition.

We have one of the best head-scouts in the biz currently. Lets let him work with some picks for once.

Selling a pick at the beginning of the season is a buyer favouring move. If we could trade it for someone like Kuznetsov, I might consider it, but Washington will absolutely not bite on the offer.

NotProkofievian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 01:22 AM
  #249
Habs Junkie
Registered User
 
Habs Junkie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,160
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralManager View Post
I'm Scott Howsen btw, thus the username. What are you willing to give up for Nash? He pissed me off and you're on his list.
What a coincidence I'm Pierre Gauthier! Why didn't you return my calls yesterday? Anyways its too late, I was gonna offer you that rebuilding piece you wanted for Nash. He shows a lot of heart, plays power play and penalty kill, and always talks to the media after the games. I'm talking about Mr. Darche.

Now I know what you're thinking: Mr. Gauthier, this is really a one sided trade.

Throw in Brassard and you got yourself a deal. We'll talk in the offseason mkay.

Holla back!

Habs Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 01:25 AM
  #250
KareyPrice
Registered User
 
KareyPrice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 766
vCash: 500
As much as I hate to see the habs lose honestly at this point.... just keep loosing I dont want a late hot streak that takes us from a top 3 pick to a top 10

KareyPrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:08 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.