HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

Panthers @ Losers | Yet another loss - Panzer attack.

Old
02-28-2012, 10:55 PM
Zyzz

vCash: 500
Fire Wilson and Allaire.

Zyzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 10:56 PM
iArts
ಠ_ಠ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zyzz View Post
Fire Wilson and Allaire.

iArts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 10:59 PM
4evaBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafsMonster View Post
So frattin played on the second and first line but kadri only got the third line??
NS, when I saw Wilson putting him out with Bozak and Kessel, I had to .

4evaBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 10:59 PM
blueNwhite89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zyzz View Post
Fire Wilson and Allaire.
yup pretty much

anyone saying fire burke... smh

blueNwhite89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 11:06 PM
RockSlider

Just fire Ron Wilson and get it over with now. The team needs a new coach with a defensive system that the team can use to get some wins. I have tickets for the last game here in Ottawa and do not want to have listen to the BS from the Sens Fans if they loose. Us Ottawa Leaf Fans have to put up with enough BS such as having to have NHL Center Ice just too watch them loose on Sportsnet as the game is blackout by the Sens. Most Saturday nights we have to watch the game on the east coast CBC as the main HD Network either has the Sens or Canadian Game. If they keep this up even the east coast CBC will have the Sens Game like they did when Canadians were winning. This minor to all of the crap that we get on daily bases from the Sens Fans all day long. So just fire Ron Wilson and start playing the trap and win some games.

RockSlider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 11:21 PM
Modo
Global Moderator
Mo'Benn

vCash: 50
I was at the game tonight, so here's my $0.02.

Obviously the fans are out of it 13 seconds in...I mean, first rush, first shot, and you're already down by one? Reimer let in his first two shots, and it's not even like the Panthers played all that well after that. They were missing as many passes and turning the puck over as often as the Leafs were, but that early head-start was more than enough for them to win this one comfortably.

But my issue with this Leafs team is that it seems.....well....heartless. There's no drive, no determination. No Tuckers, Roberts, Sundins or Thomases, but rather just a bunch of individuals playing for paycheques. Even Phaneuf in the third looked pretty disinterested defensively. Took a really lazy penalty late in the game (refs were terrible tonight, by the way), and that C on his jersey is starting to look out of place if you ask me.

Heard the "Fire Wilson" chants....think they started right after it was 4-1, and it was pretty much on and off after that until the end of the game. Most of the fans around me didn't even cheer the 2nd or 3rd Leafs goals.

Put on a team that actually plays like they want to win, and shows determination, and you'll probably see more confidence not only from the team itself, but from the fans as well. Tonight was a laugher right from the get-go, and the fans were jeering Reimer for pretty much the last 56 minutes of the game.

All in all, a pretty embarrassing effort, compounded by Burke's stubbornness at the deadline.

Good luck the rest of the way.....whether or not you want to win or tank, I guess.

02-28-2012, 11:28 PM
BrannigansLaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modo View Post

Obviously the fans are out of it 13 seconds in...I mean, first rush, first shot, and you're already down by one? Reimer let in his first two shots, and it's not even like the Panthers played all that well after that. They were missing as many passes and turning the puck over as often as the Leafs were, but that early head-start was more than enough for them to win this one comfortably.

But my issue with this Leafs team is that it seems.....well....heartless. There's no drive, no determination. No Tuckers, Roberts, Sundins or Thomases, but rather just a bunch of individuals playing for paycheques. Even Phaneuf in the third looked pretty disinterested defensively. Took a really lazy penalty late in the game (refs were terrible tonight, by the way), and that C on his jersey is starting to look out of place if you ask me.

Heard the "Fire Wilson" chants....think they started right after it was 4-1, and it was pretty much on and off after that until the end of the game. Most of the fans around me didn't even cheer the 2nd or 3rd Leafs goals.

Put on a team that actually plays like they want to win, and shows determination, and you'll probably see more confidence not only from the team itself, but from the fans as well. Tonight was a laugher right from the get-go, and the fans were jeering Reimer for pretty much the last 56 minutes of the game.

All in all, a pretty embarrassing effort, compounded by Burke's stubbornness at the deadline.

Good luck the rest of the way.....whether or not you want to win or tank, I guess.
Whatever remained of those traits left with Mats after he was run out of town by the media and some "loyal" Leafs fans.

BrannigansLaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 11:39 PM
ForzaZuffa
Don't stare at it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modo View Post

Yeah, imagine watching that for 50+ games (the odd one early on they'd shown some determination). I'm sick of it, can't take it anymore. If they were losing with dignity, that's a different story. Celebrating like a bunch of goofs, led by the captain no less, when you've lost 8/9 and the score is 4-2 at home.... Shameful

Last edited by ForzaZuffa: 02-28-2012 at 11:52 PM.
ForzaZuffa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 12:44 AM
HellasLEAF
Komarov has cometh..

this is astonishing what happened now. I can't believe the playoffs looks doubtful now. Wow, don't know what to say really.

HellasLEAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 12:56 AM
mcleex

LOL @ the goal 13 seconds in

the only person who showed up tonight was Brown

I'm sorry but Schenn, Reimer and Kulemin are not that good
all the sensitive babies are gonna flame me for saying it, but it's true

mcleex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 01:15 AM
Griffski

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcleex View Post
LOL @ the goal 13 seconds in

the only person who showed up tonight was Brown

I'm sorry but Schenn, Reimer and Kulemin are not that good
all the sensitive babies are gonna flame me for saying it, but it's true
I've never been sold on Schenn, shoulda been traded. I can't say the same for kulemin though. I don't know what happened to his game, hopefully he comes back with some fire next year.

Well boys, that's all she wrote. Playoffs are no chance, let's hope we get a top 5 pick. Along with that, a new coach, maybe a new GM.

I realize I sound like Debbie Downer right now but it's pretty much the truth.

Next year I don't want to see the following in a leafs uniform: Komisarek (obvious), Connolly (heartless), Lombardi (no skill, just speed, lacks heart), Phaneuf (Bad leader, inconsitent), Schenn (one dimensional, too slow for this league).

Griffski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 01:17 AM
Raym11
Phaneuf sucks

come on, you guys seriously didnt see this coming?

This team was lucky to win when they did win. Kessel and Lupul had to be world-beaters. Reimer has been terrible all year, he has one good game out of 5, the rest average or poor, Gustavsson just blows every other game.

Our defence is terrible at clearing the zone, our team lacks hockey IQ and the ability to cycle. The best cycling line is our 4th line and none of them know how to score.

The good old days where certain people on here said the leafs "were meeting expectations" and soaking up being in 6th place 30 games into the season like we were locked into the playoffs. I hope this team loses every game because they deserve it, from the management to the players. This year is a waste

Raym11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 01:19 AM
Steeltown

I could write a New York Times best seller about my life between Maple Leaf playoff appearances.. and it's still going.

Where's the next doctor Kevorkian? I need some assisted suicide

Steeltown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 01:22 AM
4evaBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by topched View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingBuzzo View Post
Sit the entire third line, bring up Kadri and Colborne. Hell even bring up Ashton for a spark. What is the worst that could happen right now? We lose?
Complete opposite of what I would want to happen.

Let the kids kick *** in the minors together... make a run at an AHL championship.

In the offseason make room for Colborne, Kadri, Frattin, Ashton to come in.
Agreed, 100%. The kids have a good thing going with the Marlies, and even calling Frattin up was dumb. He's not really an upgrade over anyone, and all he's experiencing atm is a losing atmosphere.

4evaBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 01:28 AM
Steeltown

Toronto Maple Leafs = Chicago Cubs

Steeltown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 01:38 AM
TML g u n n e R s*
EDC 2013

Send a message via MSN to TML g u n n e R s* Send a message via Yahoo to TML g u n n e R s* Send a message via Skype™ to TML g u n n e R s*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeltown View Post
Toronto Maple Leafs = Chicago Cubs
that is way to far.......

TML g u n n e R s* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 01:40 AM
Coach Parker
Stanley Cup Champion

Don't know where to post this...

Heard it twice now out here in Vancouver but is it true Burke turned down 4 1st Round draft picks for Grabovski, Kulemin, and who were ther other two? That is insane to think that the Leafs could have ahd 5 first round draft picks.

Who were the other two if this is true? Schenn?

Coach Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 01:44 AM
PasDaSquini

Tough Game to watch. Early mess ups by Schenn and Komi really hurt us and. I did like that Schenn manned up and said it was his fault during intermission.

PasDaSquini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 02:01 AM
Inverted

I hope we lose to hawks and burke finally gives ronnie the boot wishful thinking of course

Inverted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 02:04 AM
Aplayaz2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raym11 View Post
come on, you guys seriously didnt see this coming?
This team was lucky to win when they did win.
lawl!

take it from the marleau guy

Aplayaz2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 02:34 AM
TheLeastOfTheBunch

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Parker View Post
Don't know where to post this...

Heard it twice now out here in Vancouver but is it true Burke turned down 4 1st Round draft picks for Grabovski, Kulemin, and who were ther other two? That is insane to think that the Leafs could have ahd 5 first round draft picks.

Who were the other two if this is true? Schenn?
MacArthur was another, and probably Schenn/Reimer.

TheLeastOfTheBunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 02:41 AM
kochese

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockSlider View Post
Just fire Ron Wilson and get it over with now. The team needs a new coach with a defensive system that the team can use to get some wins. I have tickets for the last game here in Ottawa and do not want to have listen to the BS from the Sens Fans if they loose. Us Ottawa Leaf Fans have to put up with enough BS such as having to have NHL Center Ice just too watch them loose on Sportsnet as the game is blackout by the Sens. Most Saturday nights we have to watch the game on the east coast CBC as the main HD Network either has the Sens or Canadian Game. If they keep this up even the east coast CBC will have the Sens Game like they did when Canadians were winning. This minor to all of the crap that we get on daily bases from the Sens Fans all day long. So just fire Ron Wilson and start playing the trap and win some games.
I think you get abused because you make up stories. The reason you have to get center ice is when the senators asked if they could show games in the TO area in exchange for showing leafs games in the ottawa area the leafs said no.

The main cbc HD is always Toronto. Ottawa/Montreal is shown upconverted and if you get all the cbc timeshifting channels like cbc east (I think it's cbc newfoundland) what are you worried about go to another channel to watch the leafs.

I have a lot of friends who are leaf fans and we discuss hockey without abusing each other.

kochese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 05:40 AM
The Viper
Legolas

vCash: 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by iArts View Post
Schenn and Reimer smiling in their interviews.

***** are you smiling you idiots?
Reimer smiling doesn't surprise me, he has a positive attitude and doesn't get frustrated like other goalies do when they play horrible

The Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 05:56 AM
StarBurns RIP
No Agenda

I guess we're seeing this team reach it's real water level now. Trying to stay realistic about all of this by thinking "Well, this position is about what I thought the team was before the season." What's going to really tick me off is when this team starts winning meaningless games in a few weeks from playoff teams who are coasting or other also-rans. The only good thing that can happen until the end of this season is that this swoon continues uninterrupted. The promise of the first 50 games of this season has become a season as dismal as the previous 6 seasons. And this summer the cheapskates at Rogers and Bell are taking over the franchise.

StarBurns RIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 06:49 AM
Confucius

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarBurns View Post
I guess we're seeing this team reach it's real water level now. Trying to stay realistic about all of this by thinking "Well, this position is about what I thought the team was before the season." What's going to really tick me off is when this team starts winning meaningless games in a few weeks from playoff teams who are coasting or other also-rans. The only good thing that can happen until the end of this season is that this swoon continues uninterrupted. The promise of the first 50 games of this season has become a season as dismal as the previous 6 seasons. And this summer the cheapskates at Rogers and Bell are taking over the franchise.
Well the cheapskate teams are better than us, see Phoenix, Nashville etc.
Poor players are hungry players. Rich players try and prolong their careers. Playoffs are hard on the body afterall.

Confucius is offline   Reply With Quote