HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

[FLA/NYR] Wojtek Wolski [F] for 2013 3rd round pick + Mike Vernace [D]

Old
02-27-2012, 09:25 AM
Black Tank

vCash: 500
Jesus ****ing christ, what's with all this nonsensical Wolski pining? A couple of points to put this in perspective:

1)I don't care if he was the coolest bro on the team - he did absolutely zero on the ice for the Rangers.
2)I like watching hockey. I don't like watching indoor soccer. From some of the comments it's like if the score isn't 10-12 you guys are bored. **** that. If all you want is lots of goals and players like Wolski hanging around the offensive zone looking for goals (we've already got that in Gaborik and even he now plays defense!), then hockey may not be for you. This Rangers team is the most exciting in a very long time BECAUSE they hit and play a tight defensive game built on commitment. That is goddamned exciting hockey. Goddamned exciting!
3)Mitchell cares more about winning than Wolski and for a 3d/4th liner that makes him much more effective. As much as I ragged on Tortorella, he was right and it shows in the standings and the goal diff.
4)Sure I wish Wolski well but I'm ecstatic that we got a 3d rounder for getting rid of his cap hit.

Black Tank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 10:14 AM
Mason530

A player has only played a few games and 'can't get out of the tub' for 3rd rounder and a prospect that tells you how expensive the trade market is this year.

Guys it is more than if it is a fair price. It is more about market price.

Mason530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 12:38 PM
Drewbackatu*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Tank View Post
Jesus ****ing christ, what's with all this nonsensical Wolski pining? A couple of points to put this in perspective:

1)I don't care if he was the coolest bro on the team - he did absolutely zero on the ice for the Rangers.
2)I like watching hockey. I don't like watching indoor soccer. From some of the comments it's like if the score isn't 10-12 you guys are bored. **** that. If all you want is lots of goals and players like Wolski hanging around the offensive zone looking for goals (we've already got that in Gaborik and even he now plays defense!), then hockey may not be for you. This Rangers team is the most exciting in a very long time BECAUSE they hit and play a tight defensive game built on commitment. That is goddamned exciting hockey. Goddamned exciting!
3)Mitchell cares more about winning than Wolski and for a 3d/4th liner that makes him much more effective. As much as I ragged on Tortorella, he was right and it shows in the standings and the goal diff.
4)Sure I wish Wolski well but I'm ecstatic that we got a 3d rounder for getting rid of his cap hit.
Well done dude! I rest my case.

Drewbackatu* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 12:40 PM
Drewbackatu*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
Konopka has been getting scratched. Go gettem for a mid round pick. Good on faceoffs no? 4th liner, fights
Like him also; would be a good fit.

Old
02-27-2012, 12:44 PM
Drewbackatu*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radek27 View Post
This is spot on.

Good value for him though, I'm hoping Dubinsky is next out the door!
I got this lousy feeling right now that with Duby being financialy secure, he may never be more than a 10-15 goal guy in the future if he stays here.

Old
02-27-2012, 12:48 PM
Drewbackatu*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
I'm surprised more people aren't happy about this. We got rid ourselves of a guy that never played, that had a massive cap hit and we got a GOOD draft pick for it? How's that anything other than a GREAT move?
It is a great move. So he got screwed over a bit, bottom line is his style didn't fit out team.

Old
02-28-2012, 07:25 PM
Brendan Shanahan
I suspend people

2 points in 3 games for WW so far. Hope he works out in Florida.

Brendan Shanahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 10:26 PM
NYR1967

Did a little lurking on the Fla boards. They seem very happy with him so far. Hope it works out for him.

NYR1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 11:28 PM
Pizza

What exactly is it that people think Torts missed in Wolski?

Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 07:03 AM
Staals Eye
once TortsKindaGuy

vCash: 1187
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizza View Post
What exactly is it that people think Torts missed in Wolski?
I don't think it was about what Torts was missing, more that he didn't fit the identity of the team. Every one knows WW2 is a skilled player. On the same note, I think he was almost a PPG when we picked him up to no? Lets see what he does next season before we start saying it was Torts.

Staals Eye is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 07:18 AM
Blue Dot
F0rsbergFan21

Huge COL fan and I've always followed Wolski close.

Bottom line is the kid (and he is still young) has loads of skill and all kinds of ability.

Right below that bottom line in small print it says "May not assert himself or put in work effort to utilize said skill)

His first ever call up with COL he looked amazing and we were all thrilled with what we may have. He moves to PHX and he is lights out and then the next year not so much.

He never had that hot streak in NY and he is having it of sorts with FLA. He has not played great but he's played well enough.

Bottom line is Wolski can score 1.2ppg from here on out and it's nothing Torts or the NYR missed. Maybe they missed getting it for a couple months, but the guy just has not learned to bring it yet, and there was no room on a cup contender to wait on him.

FLA has injuries and needed skilled guys, it could be a good fit.

Until Wolski is a dominate offensive force in the playoffs I'm never going to say COL/PHX/NYR missed out on anything. Could that have been this year with the NYR? Sure never looked that way...

I don't get it, I hoped he turned it around mentally with the extra hard work he put in training last summer. I was excited for him to play in NY and thought Richards and Gabby would mesh with him and he'd be excited to play every night. Then he got hurt. Just seems like nothing went his way this year and Torts has never been a forgiving guy once you get in his dog house.

For what FLA paid for Wolski, I feel like there are loads of NHL teams that should have paid that or higher to land him. If you can get Wolski and get through to him you have a gem. GM's might have been to afraid to risk it. I still think Wolski is a steal at what FLA paid for him because you know what he can do, just a matter of making it happen with him. I look at a guy like Vrbata in PHX and I think Wolski still has hope.

NYR added a big, highly skilled guy. It didn't pan out, and then they got an asset for him. Can do nothing but applaud that from management. If Wolski goes on to score 90 next year, NYR simply didn't have the system or time to wait on that. Plus if they tried to play Wolski loads and force him out there the fans would have been chanting "Fire Torts" at the arena. Not to mention the team chemistry would not be as good as it is right now. imho.

Blue Dot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 08:57 AM
Incognito31

Quote:
Originally Posted by F0rsbergFan21 View Post
Huge COL fan and I've always followed Wolski close.

Bottom line is the kid (and he is still young) has loads of skill and all kinds of ability.

Right below that bottom line in small print it says "May not assert himself or put in work effort to utilize said skill)

His first ever call up with COL he looked amazing and we were all thrilled with what we may have. He moves to PHX and he is lights out and then the next year not so much.

He never had that hot streak in NY and he is having it of sorts with FLA. He has not played great but he's played well enough.

Bottom line is Wolski can score 1.2ppg from here on out and it's nothing Torts or the NYR missed. Maybe they missed getting it for a couple months, but the guy just has not learned to bring it yet, and there was no room on a cup contender to wait on him.

FLA has injuries and needed skilled guys, it could be a good fit.

Until Wolski is a dominate offensive force in the playoffs I'm never going to say COL/PHX/NYR missed out on anything. Could that have been this year with the NYR? Sure never looked that way...

I don't get it, I hoped he turned it around mentally with the extra hard work he put in training last summer. I was excited for him to play in NY and thought Richards and Gabby would mesh with him and he'd be excited to play every night. Then he got hurt. Just seems like nothing went his way this year and Torts has never been a forgiving guy once you get in his dog house.

For what FLA paid for Wolski, I feel like there are loads of NHL teams that should have paid that or higher to land him. If you can get Wolski and get through to him you have a gem. GM's might have been to afraid to risk it. I still think Wolski is a steal at what FLA paid for him because you know what he can do, just a matter of making it happen with him. I look at a guy like Vrbata in PHX and I think Wolski still has hope.

NYR added a big, highly skilled guy. It didn't pan out, and then they got an asset for him. Can do nothing but applaud that from management. If Wolski goes on to score 90 next year, NYR simply didn't have the system or time to wait on that. Plus if they tried to play Wolski loads and force him out there the fans would have been chanting "Fire Torts" at the arena. Not to mention the team chemistry would not be as good as it is right now. imho.

well said :handball: and to add he seems like the kind of player who can only prosper on a small market team imho

Incognito31 is offline   Reply With Quote