HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Philadelphia Eagles & NFL discussion

Closed Thread

Old
02-29-2012, 09:16 AM
Hollywood Couturier
#NoHonorForConnor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amateur Hour View Post
While I'd probably spontaneously combust from excitement if the Eagles miraculously managed to land RG3, I wouldn't look into this meeting too much. Besides, teams like Cleveland and Washington -- both of whom should do everything possible to get RG3 -- have more appealing assets to the Rams, in terms of draft picks, to get a deal done to move up to #2 (which is where RG3 will be selected).

Now, if the Eagles were offering St. Louis the #15 pick and, say, a franchise tagged DeSean Jackson (plus one of their two second round picks?), perhaps we could be on to something.
The Rams wouldn't take that trade. Redskins have already reportedly offered the same package that the Giants traded for Manning. Two firsts, a third, and a fifth. Plus I mean the Skins always suck.

As a Rams fan I personally don't want Jackson anywhere near the team. I'm not denying his talent, I just don't want his attitude.

Maybe it's just me but I think it's all just a bunch of BS by the Eagles organization so that people are talking about them again. It seems that's how they operate.

"I Came Here To Bury Caesar, Not Praise Him" - Roy Halladay
Old
02-29-2012, 09:41 AM
BillyShoe1721
Terriers

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to BillyShoe1721
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood Couturier View Post
Maybe it's just me but I think it's all just a bunch of BS by the Eagles organization so that people are talking about them again. It seems that's how they operate.

Old
02-29-2012, 10:11 AM
Amateur Hour

Quote:
The Rams wouldn't take that trade. Redskins have already reportedly offered the same package that the Giants traded for Manning. Two firsts, a third, and a fifth. Plus I mean the Skins always suck.

As a Rams fan I personally don't want Jackson anywhere near the team. I'm not denying his talent, I just don't want his attitude.

It's not just you... the cynicism is more than warranted, and I'm sure it's a sentiment shared by, oh, 99.9% of the fan base.

I wouldn't expect the Rams to take the trade I offered, but it's pretty much the best the Eagles could do (let's make it DeSean Jackson and picks #15, #45 and #47, plus I'd throw in next year's first rounder). At the end of the day, it'll be either the Browns or Skins who trade up for the #2 pick to get RG3. The Browns have the more appealing assets to get a deal done, just depends if they want to take the plunge (short answer: of course they should). Skins are ready to mortgage their high picks in this draft and the next one to get it done. For a team that hasn't had a legit franchise QB since Sonny freakin' Jurgensen*, I can't say I blame them.

*(no, I didn't forget about Joe Theismann; go look at his career stats, he was a pretty pedestrian player overall)

Old
02-29-2012, 11:31 AM
StevensCakeBakerBacker

Are there not any highly touted college QB's that suffered a torn ACL this past season? This would allow the Eagles to trade out of the first round and pick a QB in the 4th.

Can you imagine the "ALL ACL Tear" team the Birds could put together.... Unmatched!

Old
02-29-2012, 11:44 AM
Hollywood Couturier
#NoHonorForConnor

What picks do the Eagles have next year? Maybe it's my USC homerism but I'd like to see the Eagles go after Barkley next year. Although he'll probably go top 2 or 3 and their won't be a team like the Rams that don't need a QB in that position.

Old
02-29-2012, 12:59 PM
Phileeguy
39.904N 75.168W

Quote:
What picks do the Eagles have next year? Maybe it's my USC homerism but I'd like to see the Eagles go after Barkley next year. Although he'll probably go top 2 or 3 and their won't be a team like the Rams that don't need a QB in that position.
I don't think they have much more than their allotted 1 per round next year. Maybe one from when they traded Bunkley a while ago, but that's not in the top few rounds I wouldn't think. They've got 10 this year though.

And if the Eagles are in position to take Barkley after this year, there would have been some real interesting moves this off-season to acquire high picks for next year or many picks to package for next year. Well, either that or the Eagles go completely in the tank, and not just half way only to dig themselves out against poor competition like they did this past year. An effort like that after the 2011 season, and people will be calling for blood. And I'd have to bet they'd get Andy's.

Old
02-29-2012, 02:06 PM
Amateur Hour

Quote:
If the Eagles are going QB in the draft next year, I want them taking Geno Smith. He's the real deal, and I've been firmly entrenched on his bandwagon ever since I watched him shred Maryland (my alma mater) as a sophomore in his third game as a starter. I know the Orange Bowl annihilation of Clemson was Geno's coming out party on a national stage, but the truth is he's been a stud from the moment he took control of the West Virginia offense. He's actually my early dark horse candidate for the 2012 Heisman Trophy.

Old
03-01-2012, 03:23 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Franchise tag has been placed on DeSean Jackson

Old
03-07-2012, 04:27 PM
Prongo
Beer

I will absolutely laugh my ass off if we target Manning and trade Vick

Old
03-07-2012, 08:51 PM
Hockeypete49
How you like me now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersfan9180 View Post
I will absolutely laugh my ass off if we target Manning and trade Vick
This team will never win with the DK. If Manning came here can you just imagine what this place would be like? Talk about electric! If they want a Super Bowl then you sign him period If the fat man wants to keep his job he better be calling jeff and begging him to open his check book and sign him. They could move the DK to another team. That being said, I think he ends up in Miami.

Old
03-07-2012, 09:05 PM
Justified
Amaro out

vCash: 230
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeypete49 View Post
This team will never win with the DK. If Manning came here can you just imagine what this place would be like? Talk about electric! If they want a Super Bowl then you sign him period If the fat man wants to keep his job he better be calling jeff and begging him to open his check book and sign him. They could move the DK to another team. That being said, I think he ends up in Miami.
they have a better chance of winning with Vick and getting rid of Reid then keeping him and getting Manning imo. Reid will always find a way to screw it up, no matter how much how much talent he has.

Old
03-08-2012, 06:02 AM
Mkoll
Inkvisiittori

Quote:
I am not sure Manning could handle Philly. He doesnt really seem to have the demeanor.

Old
03-08-2012, 12:34 PM
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER

vCash: 880
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mkoll View Post
I am not sure Manning could handle Philly. He doesnt really seem to have the demeanor.
Unless it's clearly Manning's fault, all of the negative attention will be on the coaching staff and front office this year. And either way, Manning really seems like he can handle playing anywhere.

Old
03-08-2012, 03:20 PM
Stonehands77

Quote:
Originally Posted by sobrien View Post
Unless it's clearly Manning's fault, all of the negative attention will be on the coaching staff and front office this year. And either way, Manning really seems like he can handle playing anywhere.
Really? I mean, this is the guy who threw his ENTIRE OFFENSIVE LINE under a bus after a playoff loss one year. He's never had to play in an environment like the Northeast, any of these cities (Philly, NYC, Boston). I can see him imploding quickly in any of those places should things not go smooth.

And I can't see the Eagles making that move anyway, or him being comfortable here. It's not in a dome, the offense has been in place for ages and he wouldn't have total control of it like he did in Indy, and the media attention is ridiculous. That's forgetting the whole deal with Vick.

Old
03-08-2012, 03:56 PM
kicksave27

The eagles O-line with Manning would be bad, he'd be injured the first game.

Old
03-08-2012, 04:43 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kicksave27 View Post
The eagles O-line with Manning would be bad, he'd be injured the first game.
Funny thing, it was either Pro Football or one of those football statistical sites, thats ranked OL based on some stats (not too familiar with football advanced stats) but I remember that the OL was ranked top 10 in the league. Supposedly they were good last year (according to the stats)

Old
03-08-2012, 04:54 PM
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER

By the end of the year, the OL was one of the best in the league. To start the year, easily one of the worst. They turned it around.

Old
03-09-2012, 09:41 PM
Hollywood Couturier
#NoHonorForConnor

Redskins trade 3 first round picks and a 2nd for the Rams 1st this year. As a Rams fan, woo!

Old
03-09-2012, 10:02 PM
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER

Quote:
Redskins trade 3 first round picks and a 2nd for the Rams 1st this year. As a Rams fan, woo!
seriously...

Somewhere a gorilla just jumped off Mike Ditka's back. Good for the Rams though.

Old
03-09-2012, 10:12 PM
Hockeypete49
How you like me now!

The NFC East just got better. The skins now have a stud QB.

Old
03-09-2012, 10:20 PM
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER

Quote:
And if he gets hurt or doesn't work out, they have NOTHING to build with for years, and the Rams keep stacking up great young players. Very risky. A lot like the Kessel trade in my eyes.

Old
03-10-2012, 11:41 AM
4thline4life
The Mased God

trade is awful for the redskins. no wonder why they are perennial losers. their pick next year is pretty much guaranteed top 10.

Old
03-10-2012, 11:51 AM
4thline4life
The Mased God

Quote:
yeah and the bengals got a stud qb in 99, the lions got a stud qb in 02, and raiders reallly got a stud in 07.

Old
03-10-2012, 12:02 PM
Hockeypete49
How you like me now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIceman26 View Post
yeah and the bengals got a stud qb in 99, the lions got a stud qb in 02, and raiders reallly got a stud in 07.
And the Cowboys got a stud in Troy and the giants got a stud in Manning!!!! Oh and the colts got a stud in Peyton!! So what is your point??

Old
03-10-2012, 12:06 PM
Hockeypete49
How you like me now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sobrien View Post
And if he gets hurt or doesn't work out, they have NOTHING to build with for years, and the Rams keep stacking up great young players. Very risky. A lot like the Kessel trade in my eyes.
No guts no glory. I hate the skins, but the 1st two picks in this draft are solid. Both of these QBs are franchise builders.

Closed Thread