HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Emelin vs Komisarek circa 2007-08

View Poll Results: Emelin or Komisarek?
Alexei Emelin 69 73.40%
Mike Komisarek of 2007-08 25 26.60%
Voters: 94. You may not vote on this poll

Old
02-29-2012, 10:28 AM
ThaDevilGirl

vCash: 500
Emelin vs Komisarek circa 2007-08

We all love the physicality that Emelin brings to the Habs, and we all loved the Komisarek of the 1st place team when he was paired with Markov, the one that many teams loved to hate, especially the Bruins. Now, if you were to pick one of the defensemen for our team, which one should you pick?

ThaDevilGirl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 10:31 AM
Price My Man Crush

I hated Komisarek even in 07-08.

EMELIN ALL THE WAY!

Price My Man Crush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 10:32 AM
Failing Hands

It's a good question, but I did not like Komisarek even when he was with us. Way too undisciplined for my liking. He used to constantly cross check guys on their numbers and take penalties. It got to a point where I almost expected Komisarek to take penalties and he's gotten even worse with the Leafs in that regard. Good shot blocker, but I like the discipline Emelin brings and the grind he brings that Komi never had.

Failing Hands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 10:55 AM
LeMAD

Lol, Komisarek AINEC.

Emelin is a decent 3rd pairing dman, while Komisarek was a solid on the first pair. Yeah, playing with Markov helped a lot, but he truly was a monster around the net and along the boards. Emelin is a good bodychecker but he's not in the same league in terms of grit and intimidation. Of course I'm talking about what Komisarek used to be, not what he is now.

Btw Emelin is quickly becoming the most overrated player in the history of the hfboards.

LeMAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 10:56 AM
ChuckyToGally
Former Carey Roy

I love Emelin but I have to be honest and say Komisarek.

ChuckyToGally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 10:58 AM
ChuckyToGally
Former Carey Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeMAD View Post
Lol, Komisarek AINEC.

Emelin is a decent 3rd pairing dman, while Komisarek was a solid on the first pair. Yeah, playing with Markov helped a lot, but he truly was a monster around the net and along the boards. Emelin is a good bodychecker but he's not in the same league in terms of grit and intimidation. Of course I'm talking about what Komisarek used to be, not what he is now.

Btw Emelin is quickly becoming the most overrated player in the history of the hfboards.
And that's the reason why you have to underrate him?

ChuckyToGally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 11:00 AM
Captain Saku

People quickly forget. Komisarek was great with Markov. Emelin might turn out to be a better defenseman in the future but right now I'd say Komisatek (the 07-08 version of him of course)

Captain Saku is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 11:02 AM
Shawn Wilken
Hockey's Future Staff
@CrimsonSkorpion

vCash: 50
Awards:
Tough question to ask at this point. I'd give Emelin some time playing with Markov on the first pairing before I make a judgement on this one. Komisarek looked good with Markov in 07-08 but away from him, he was absolutely brutal. His game was to be physical in corners, strong on the puck and battle in front of the net. When he went for a big hit or corner duties, Markov was so good positionally that he could cover for any mistakes Komisarek would make, be it out of position or behind the play.

The easy (and right) choice would be to say Komisarek however let me see Emelin play his game with Markov covering him.

Shawn Wilken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 11:03 AM
Coldplay
Courage

Emelin is a "decent 3rd pairing dman" and Komisarek was 1st-pair calibre.

Now I've seen it all.

Coldplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 11:07 AM
beowulf
Not a nice guy.

Send a message via MSN to beowulf
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeMAD View Post
Lol, Komisarek AINEC.

Don't agree at all, with all due respect to my fellow Pole Komisarek, Emelin is a smarter player and is a hell of a lot more then a decent 3rd pairing dman. Komi was made to look a hell of a lot better thanks to Markov who Emelin has not had the chance to play with.

I'll take Emelin over that Komisarek any day of the week.

beowulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 11:08 AM
Mrb1p
PRICERSTOPDAPUCK

Komisarek brang so much to the table at this time...

Komisarek (07 ONE**) IS the big physical dman we need now ... He created this kind of pair with Markov that he scared forward of going to his side so they went to markov's side and obliously the play died because of Markov. Then he would block shot..Fight (And he was a pretty good one before Lucic...) He was Gorges minus the great first pass and with the added physicality of a goon type of guy(While he was not a goon..)

Emelin has better upside for sure. Not the same play style. Emelin can play on the powerplay on the penalty kill at even strenght...
What does he lack ? Fighting ...And this around the net berseker rage that Komo had...

But Emelin is clearly the one that can turn out better. Just wish he could fight...

Mrb1p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 11:10 AM
Goldthorpe
Meditating Guru

Emelin already has a better offensive game than Komisarek ever had. But Komi is much bigger. Agree it's hard at this point to decide, it's especially not fair for Emelin who was a rookie in the NHL. IMHO he has the package to settle as a good all-around top-4

Goldthorpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 11:14 AM
babyhabs23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldplay View Post
Emelin is a "decent 3rd pairing dman" and Komisarek was 1st-pair calibre.

Now I've seen it all.
Emelin all the way!!

First year playing in the NHL and adjusting to the system nicely! He's only gonig to get better in time and he'll have more of a mentor with Markov returning. I'm assuming communiction will help Emelin.

AS for Komisarek: Best for him to stay in Toronto and continue the turnovers!

babyhabs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 11:15 AM
Et le But

Very different players, Emelin has the potential to be better because he's so much more well rounded but Komisarek had that edge around the net that we definitely need right now. Komisarek was only a 1st pair defender next to someone like Markov though, to say Emelin is a 3rd pair at best and Komi is a 1st is trying to downplay Emelin.

I'm hoping Tinordi can be the new Komisarek.

Et le But is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 11:17 AM
Uber Coca

Komisarek was a beast with Markov. Intimidator, he used to take a lot of dumb penalties, but he actually made other forwards scared of entering the zone on his side.

I'd say that Emelin is a better player overall, but the dynamic with Markov was tremendous. I'd take a low priced Komisarek and pair him with a healthy Markov only to see if it could happen again.

Uber Coca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 11:26 AM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
RIP

2011-12 Emelin < 07 Komi. Emelin will continue to learn our game better and hopefully be insulated well like Komi was by pairing him with a solid top 4 D. Hopefully SOMEONE watched the Tampa game and understood that we need to pair him with a similar player.

DekeLikeYouMeanIt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 11:28 AM
babyhabs23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
Komisarek brang so much to the table at this time...

Komisarek (07 ONE**) IS the big physical dman we need now ... He created this kind of pair with Markov that he scared forward of going to his side so they went to markov's side and obliously the play died because of Markov. Then he would block shot..Fight (And he was a pretty good one before Lucic...) He was Gorges minus the great first pass and with the added physicality of a goon type of guy(While he was not a goon..)

Emelin has better upside for sure. Not the same play style. Emelin can play on the powerplay on the penalty kill at even strenght...
What does he lack ? Fighting ...And this around the net berseker rage that Komo had...

But Emelin is clearly the one that can turn out better. Just wish he could fight...
There is many times that Komi decline fights and didn't do to well fighting guys his own size.

Emelin has the ability to do his job and nail players on the boards but, no fighting skills due to the metal plate in his head/face. This will hurt Emelin rep but I'm ok with that!

babyhabs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 11:32 AM
StellerEller

vCash: 351
Emelin has aroujd the same hitting ability, is a much better skater and has way more offensive upside than Komi ever had. That being said 08 Komi can play here anytime...as for 2012 Komi.....not so much lol

StellerEller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 11:39 AM
Lebowski
In Price We Trust

Emelin is a much more mobile defenseman with a better first pass. Better offensively as well.

Komisarek hit like a train and was reliable defensively, but all around, he didn't come close to Emelin. He didn't look all that bright when not paired with Markov. Emelin is looking great playing with Diaz.

Lebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 12:00 PM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 152
Komisarek rather easily. He had some great years with us.

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 12:08 PM
capebretoncanadien

Emelin....Komisarek was a physical threat and a great shot blocker but in every other aspect he was a liability....handled the puck like a grenade...this clip summed up his 'offensive side' for me

Under absolutely zero pressure makes a horrible pass that misses Hamrlik by a couple feet and Ovechkin did the rest.

capebretoncanadien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 12:17 PM
Rscorpio
Epic Meal Time!

wait for Emelin to play with Mr.Markov...

Rscorpio is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 12:17 PM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

07 komi, but i say we wait until emelin has a chance to play with markov. emelin is developing quite the 'cross the blue line at your own peril' reputation

MasterDecoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 12:27 PM
Nicko999

vCash: 2100
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaDevilGirl View Post
We all love the physicality that Emelin brings to the Habs, and we all loved the Komisarek of the 1st place team when he was paired with Markov, the one that many teams loved to hate, especially the Bruins. Now, if you were to pick one of the defensemen for our team, which one should you pick?
There you have your answer. Komisarek could go for the big hit and don't worry because Markov was back there to save his ass.

Perfect example is last night (on Toronto's second goal I think), Komisarek went for the big hit, missed it so Florida had a 2 on 1. Liles did not play that 2 on 1 very well and they scored. When he was with us, Markov repaired 60-70% of his mistakes.

That's the reason why Komisarek sucks right now... he's not playing with an all-star D-men.

Nicko999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 12:31 PM
phoque taupe

vCash: 152
I hope whoever will be in charge of contracts, signs Emelin long-term

phoque taupe is offline   Reply With Quote