HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Emelin vs Komisarek circa 2007-08

View Poll Results: Emelin or Komisarek?
Alexei Emelin 69 73.40%
Mike Komisarek of 2007-08 25 26.60%
Voters: 94. You may not vote on this poll

Old
02-29-2012, 12:31 PM
llamateizer

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsolument90 View Post
2011-12 Emelin < 07 Komi. Emelin will continue to learn our game better and hopefully be insulated well like Komi was by pairing him with a solid top 4 D. Hopefully SOMEONE watched the Tampa game and understood that we need to pair him with a similar player.

+1
for long term, Emelin all the way

llamateizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 12:50 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Komisarek for sure. Guy was a beast.

Emelin is an NHL rookie. He's got good potential and could certainly get there but he's not where Komi was back in '08.

Lafleurs Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 12:52 PM
beowulf
Poster of the Year!

Send a message via MSN to beowulf
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post

Emelin is an NHL rookie. He's got good potential and could certainly get there but he's not where Komi was back in '08.
Then in the end it is not a fair comparison if you look at it that way.

beowulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 12:57 PM
Haaabs

Quote:

Agreed.
Komisarek was a warrior when he was with us. Shot blocking machine really. He also hit hard but not as hard as Emelin.

In 08, you could go Komi's side and have your shot blocked or be hit OR you could go Markov's side and have your pocket picked.

Emelin-Markov(08 version). You could go Markov's side and have your pocket picked OR you could go to Emelin's side and die .

The better pairing really depends on how well Markov is able to play next year.

Haaabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 01:08 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by beowulf View Post
Then in the end it is not a fair comparison if you look at it that way.
Well, that's what the poster is asking.

If it's who would you rather have now... Komi of today vs. Emelin, I'll give you a different answer. Emelin at least has the potential to improve whereas Komi has just gone completely south. Don't know what happened to that guy but he basically just went away after getting pounded by Lucic.

Old
02-29-2012, 01:12 PM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

I just hope what happened to Komisarek(getting beat by Lucic) is not in the futur for Emelin.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 01:32 PM
Nicko999

vCash: 174
Quote:
Well, that's what the poster is asking.

If it's who would you rather have now... Komi of today vs. Emelin, I'll give you a different answer. Emelin at least has the potential to improve whereas Komi has just gone completely south. Don't know what happened to that guy but he basically just went away after getting pounded by Lucic.
What happened? Komisarek is not playing with Markov anymore.

Nicko999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 01:43 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicko999 View Post
What happened?
He got pounded by Lucic and was never the same. He sucked with us when he came back. When he went to TO I assumed he'd bounce back but it hasn't happened.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicko999 View Post
Komisarek is not playing with Markov anymore.
He sucked with Markov after that beating. And BTW, that relationship was a lot more reciprocal that you're giving credit for here. Komi complimented Markov very well. Markov needed a big body who was phsyical and could clear the zone. They worked very well together. It wasn't all a one way street.

Old
02-29-2012, 01:46 PM
ThaDevilGirl

So I see that many agree that Komi was a product of Markov, but he had his own skills. I was a big fan of Komisarek at the time but I remember being underwhelmed by his performance in the playoffs, and then Lucic happened in the next season and recurring shoulder problems. God 2008-09 was a terrible season.

ThaDevilGirl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 01:49 PM
LeMAD

Ok the pool results are pathetic. Congratulations HFboards Montreal, you are now officially less knowledgeable about hockey than the fine people on RDS' talkbacks.

If Komisarek would have stayed that good, he would have signed for $5M per year or more, while Emelin wouldn't get $2M on the UFA market right now.

LeMAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 02:00 PM
Nicko999

vCash: 174
Quote:
He got pounded by Lucic and was never the same. He sucked with us when he came back. When he went to TO I assumed he'd bounce back but it hasn't happened.

He sucked with Markov after that beating. And BTW, that relationship was a lot more reciprocal that you're giving credit for here. Komi complimented Markov very well. Markov needed a big body who was phsyical and could clear the zone. They worked very well together. It wasn't all a one way street.
My post was a question/answer type. I do believe Komisarek was extremely overrated because he played with Markov.

Basically anyone that has played with Markov has had career years... Komisarek, Souray, Streit, Schneider (kind of)

Nicko999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 02:01 PM
Stradale

Lets wait until Emelin plays with Markov.

Markov back then can make anyone look good.

Not discrediting Komi back then or anything but he did play with Markov which make his job much easier. I was a BIG fan of Komi when he was with us.

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 02:02 PM
Rscorpio
Epic Meal Time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeMAD View Post
Ok the pool results are pathetic. Congratulations HFboards Montreal, you are now officially less knowledgeable about hockey than the fine people on RDS' talkbacks.

If Komisarek would have stayed that good, he would have signed for $5M per year or more, while Emelin wouldn't get $2M on the UFA market right now.
U Mad bro?

Rscorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 02:09 PM
Stradale

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeMAD View Post

They are less knowledgeable because they don't agree with you?

Like I said, I was a big fan of Komi when he was with us.. but for me, he was a product of Markov. Look what Komi is doing right now without Markov. He still has an "A" on his jersey but is a healthy scratch game after game.

It's hard to compare a player that was playing with one of the top 10 defenseman with another one playing on one of the softest D-squad in history.

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 02:10 PM
Kjell Dahlin

I voted Komisarek (before he got Lucic-ed!) but I am a huge fan of Emelin. Redo this poll in 1-2 year(s) and I will probably vote for Emelin.

Side note: can anyone name a better (Mtl) pairing than Markov – Komisarek? Who was Chelios or Desjardins' partner?

PS as mentioned by some posters: Komisarek had a better partner!

Kjell Dahlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 02:13 PM
Coldplay
Courage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rscorpio View Post
U Mad bro?
Yes, he is. It's laughable.

Coldplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 02:54 PM
swimmer77
What's an ROW?

Emelin

More offensive upside. I just hope they keep him on the left side. I'd love Subban and Emelin together. Watch out Marchand.

swimmer77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 05:26 PM
The Russian General
Go Habs Go

The day Komisarek started to suck :

He was never the same. He was a beast before, used to hit EVERYTHING. I remember him owning Tucker like he was his little ***** and many others. He hit, blocked shots, and completed Markov very well. But then after, he was never the same. He became a pylon. And then a Blue and White overpaid steaming pile of ****.

Komisarek that year and prior to that fight was a better player in the NHL than Emelin. Emelin though is becoming better and better although he still makes some bad decisions(like yesterday's TB second goal). Can't wait to see him with Markov, it's gonna be an excellent pair, despite what LeMAD, the professional Emelin troll, says.

The Russian General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 05:28 PM
Go Habs Go

Komisarek before he got beat down by Lucic, yes

Komisarek today...no, I take Emelin

Go Habs Go is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 05:29 PM
andy28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capitaine Gionta View Post
The day Komisarek started to suck :

He was never the same. He was a beast before, used to hit EVERYTHING. .
Before that day, he did a pretty decent job dropping the gloves too. I thought he was going to win that fight.

andy28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 05:34 PM
Bronn
Registered Sellsword

I firmly believe that had Emelin come to NA sooner and if he had the chance to play with a prime Markov like Komi did that he would have become a much better defensemen. Markov helped Komi A LOT with his progression and i think he would have done the same with Emelin.

Emelin is basically better than Komisarek at everything. Better skater , better shot , better passer , better hockey sense , more mobile and doesn't miss his big hits as much as Komi did. The only thing that Komi has on Emelin is size and probably leadership. Is Emelin currently better than 07-08 Komi ? No but then again their development haven't been the same. Emelin is in his first year the NHL and is still adapting while Komi had been playing in the league for 3 years with one of the best D in the league.

Bronn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 07:22 PM
Mynameismark*

I like Emelin, but I liked Komi better back in the day. I'd take Komi back now in a way too, as we need someone on D of his size. Kaberle back to the Leafs for Komi, yes thank you.

Dont forget, Komi was an all-star.

Mynameismark* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 07:33 PM
Nedved

I chose komi because him and markov were in discussion as being the best nhl pairing. That being said, I think Emelin can, and will, get there.

Nedved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 07:50 PM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 50
Emelin isn't close to Komisarek of 07. Not even close at all.

LyricalLyricist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 08:33 PM
SAKS AVENUE

You don't fake what Emelin does. Sure he turtled in the fight with Malone but thats o.k by me, he doesn't have to fight, when he can hit the way he does.

Komi was a fake....the mean face, pushing in the crease like an angry child.....it caught up to him.

Emelin is smart, Komi isn't

Not much more to say.

SAKS AVENUE is offline   Reply With Quote