HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

I'm calling it now...it's over folks.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-29-2012, 02:16 PM
  #51
damacles1156
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 12,284
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axl Rhoadz View Post
Good point, who cares if we don't make the playoffs! That only means you don't have a chance to win a cup! Eh, there's always next year! lol, I feel like I'm in the Twilight Zone.
I hope you are not a Cubs fan.

At some point people need to come to terms with (the Kings may never win a Stanley cup).

That might happen, I think the Cup is the hardest throphy in all sports to win.

Plenty of Elite teams never won the cup. The Kings are not even Elite yet.

Also I said who cares what people type about not making the playoff's; as if that as any barring on reality or changes the season. I reallt don't care who was right with their prodiction. Does it really matter ?

Ask Dallas fans how the heck did those 50 win teams with Dave Tippet behind the bench, went out in the first round...... It happens

damacles1156 is offline  
Old
02-29-2012, 02:22 PM
  #52
Axl Rhoadz*
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 958
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by damacles1156 View Post
I hope you are not a Cubs fan.

At some point people need to come to terms with (the Kings may never win a Stanley cup).

That might happen, I think the Cup is the hardest throphy in all sports to win.
That's fine, I'd settle for a 2nd round playoff appearance.

Maybe you don't follow this team very much, but I'll let you in on a little secret. If this team fails to make the playoffs this year, it will me a monumental franchise failure. Hell, even a first round exit would be deemed a step backwards.

Axl Rhoadz* is offline  
Old
02-29-2012, 02:23 PM
  #53
damacles1156
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 12,284
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axl Rhoadz View Post
That's fine, I'd settle for a 2nd round playoff appearance.

Maybe you don't follow this team very much, but I'll let you in on a little secret. If this team fails to make the playoffs this year, it will me a monumental franchise failure. Hell, even a first round exit would be deemed a step backwards.
I think you haven't been following the Kings very much. There is plenty of worse failure in Kings history than this.

damacles1156 is offline  
Old
02-29-2012, 02:27 PM
  #54
Axl Rhoadz*
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 958
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan View Post
A) If the team misses the playoffs, they are not in deep ****. The team isn't full of a bunch of 35 year olds
You're missing the point...I'm talking about the franchise...the GM, the coaches will be in deep **** because there is a good chance the house will be cleaned. Missing the playoffs will surely result in a massive decline of ticket sales....that's what it's all about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan View Post
B) I'll say then what I said now. It takes a big man to predict his favorite team is sunk with 19 games left in the season and basically publicly state he has no faith in the players on his team to be able to make the playoffs when they were in a two point deficit at the time of his post. If you have so little faith in this team, why cheer for them?
I commend you for your 'faith'...but what exactly do you base this faith on? The impressive performance these players have shown to us this season? Being 30th in the league all season long in GF gives you the impression this is a playoff-bound team?

Sorry, I'm a realist.

Axl Rhoadz* is offline  
Old
02-29-2012, 02:30 PM
  #55
Axl Rhoadz*
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 958
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by damacles1156 View Post
I think you haven't been following the Kings very much. There is plenty of worse failure in Kings history than this.
Really...well please enlighten me, would love to hear about them.

I've only been following this team for 18 years (started the year AFTER they went to the finals) and I surely don't remember a year with so many expectations.

Axl Rhoadz* is offline  
Old
02-29-2012, 02:34 PM
  #56
damacles1156
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 12,284
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axl Rhoadz View Post
You're missing the point...I'm talking about the franchise...the GM, the coaches will be in deep **** because there is a good chance the house will be cleaned. Missing the playoffs will surely result in a massive decline of ticket sales....that's what it's all about.



I commend you for your 'faith'...but what exactly do you base this faith on? The impressive performance these players have shown to us this season? Being 30th in the league all season long in GF gives you the impression this is a playoff-bound team?

Sorry, I'm a realist.
AEG is a Billion Dollar corporation(richest owner in the league). You are worried about their pocket book ? The GM might get fired, so what ? You replace him, coach too. That happens in the NHL by the way....

Untill the Kings are eliminated points wise, they have a shot. Just like the Wild they just crushed last night.

For all anyone knows the Wild could win 18 of thier last 19. Did anyone think PHX was not going to lose a Game in regualtion ALL of Febuary ? Prior to that month they were a 500. hockey club.

Ticket sales go down, they will offer packages or discounts. Stubhub is cheap won't stop me from going to games....

damacles1156 is offline  
Old
02-29-2012, 02:37 PM
  #57
damacles1156
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 12,284
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axl Rhoadz View Post
Really...well please enlighten me, would love to hear about them.

I've only been following this team for 18 years (started the year AFTER they went to the finals) and I surely don't remember a year with so many expectations.
Easy , the Bankrupt Kings of the 94 to 95 seasons. Coming off a Stanley cup run with the great one. The kings pretty much had to gut the team, That is a huge failure.

Good thing AEG bought it and Is Rich.

damacles1156 is offline  
Old
02-29-2012, 02:40 PM
  #58
Axl Rhoadz*
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 958
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by damacles1156 View Post
AEG is a Billion Dollar corporation(richest owner in the league). You are worried about their pocket book ? The GM might get fired, so what ? You replace him, coach too. That happens in the NHL by the way....

Untill the Kings are eliminated points wise, they have a shot. Just like the Wild they just crushed last night.

For all anyone knows the Wild could win 18 of thier last 19. Did anyone think PHX was not going to lose a Game in regualtion ALL of Febuary ? Prior to that month they were a 500. hockey club.

Ticket sales go down, they will offer packages or discounts. Stubhub is cheap won't stop me from going to games....
Sounds like you got it all figured out, and Tim Liewieke would like to use as the prime example of what all Kings fans should be!

Axl Rhoadz* is offline  
Old
02-29-2012, 02:44 PM
  #59
damacles1156
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 12,284
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axl Rhoadz View Post
Sounds like you got it all figured out, and Tim Liewieke would like to use as the prime example of what all Kings fans should be!
Nice one liner, you care to debate at all ? if not I will leave it at that.

Looks like you are trying real hard to convince folks not to be fans of the Kings. Sorry it's not working out for you.

O and BTW if they don't make the playoff's Kudos to you, but I will still be a fan and still watch them try again next year.

damacles1156 is offline  
Old
02-29-2012, 02:48 PM
  #60
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room
 
KINGS17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 15,553
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axl Rhoadz View Post
Sounds like you got it all figured out, and Tim Liewieke would like to use as the prime example of what all Kings fans should be!
Why? Because buying tickets on Stubhub that have already been sold, helps Leiweke how exactly?

KINGS17 is offline  
Old
02-29-2012, 03:14 PM
  #61
Axl Rhoadz*
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 958
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by damacles1156 View Post
O and BTW if they don't make the playoff's Kudos to you, but I will still be a fan and still watch them try again next year.

Unfortunately for me, so will I.

Axl Rhoadz* is offline  
Old
02-29-2012, 03:29 PM
  #62
Gentle Ben Kenobi
That's no moon......
 
Gentle Ben Kenobi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Tatooine
Posts: 20,534
vCash: 863
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axl Rhoadz View Post
Unfortunately for me, so will I.
The question is... will Duff and Slash?

Gentle Ben Kenobi is offline  
Old
02-29-2012, 03:41 PM
  #63
Fripp
Registered User
 
Fripp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Portland, OR
Country: United States
Posts: 1,838
vCash: 500
I'm so confused. Is it over or not?

Fripp is offline  
Old
02-29-2012, 03:45 PM
  #64
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar
 
kingsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Manitoba, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,154
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axl Rhoadz View Post
You're missing the point...I'm talking about the franchise...the GM, the coaches will be in deep **** because there is a good chance the house will be cleaned. Missing the playoffs will surely result in a massive decline of ticket sales....that's what it's all about.

I commend you for your 'faith'...but what exactly do you base this faith on? The impressive performance these players have shown to us this season? Being 30th in the league all season long in GF gives you the impression this is a playoff-bound team?

Sorry, I'm a realist.
Personally, no, I don't think DL will be fired, and as a result neither will Sutter. It doesn't make much sense to me to allow a guy who is on the chopping block to saddle the team with a 10-year contract. AEG might not be as involved as other owners, but basic business principal dictates you don't do things like that.

To go along with your theory though, let's say DL and DS are fired. So what? A new GM comes in and hires a new coach. We have some very good talent in here and many theorize it is the system, not the players, that are the issue. If a new management team comes in and impliments a new system, it could be just what we need. I don't call that deep ****. There's also no indication of a massive decline in ticket sales yet. Time will tell.

My faith is based on the fact we have players who have the talent to win. We are 30th in the elague because of underachieving. If we were 30th and we were overachieving, I'd be worried. My faith is based on the fact I have followed this team even longer than you and I've seen miracles. Miracles performed by teams blessed with Jaroslav Modry and Craig Johnson. My faith is based on the fact I bleed Kings silver/black/purple or whatever other color they've ever worn. My faith is based on the fact this team was deemed a Cup darkhorse back at the start of the season and still has much of the same personal. My faith is based on the fact that Darryl Sutter took a team with as much offensive talent as a turnip and marched it one win from a Stanely Cup. Lastly, my faith is based on the fact I am a Kings fan and that's what fans have in their team. Faith.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axl Rhoadz View Post
Unfortunately for me, so will I.
If it's "unfortunate" to be a Kings fan, don't be.

kingsfan is offline  
Old
02-29-2012, 04:01 PM
  #65
Kings man 4 life
Registered User
 
Kings man 4 life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Peoples Repub. of CA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,516
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan View Post
Personally, no, I don't think DL will be fired, and as a result neither will Sutter. It doesn't make much sense to me to allow a guy who is on the chopping block to saddle the team with a 10-year contract. AEG might not be as involved as other owners, but basic business principal dictates you don't do things like that.

To go along with your theory though, let's say DL and DS are fired. So what? A new GM comes in and hires a new coach. We have some very good talent in here and many theorize it is the system, not the players, that are the issue. If a new management team comes in and impliments a new system, it could be just what we need. I don't call that deep ****. There's also no indication of a massive decline in ticket sales yet. Time will tell.

My faith is based on the fact we have players who have the talent to win. We are 30th in the elague because of underachieving. If we were 30th and we were overachieving, I'd be worried. My faith is based on the fact I have followed this team even longer than you and I've seen miracles. Miracles performed by teams blessed with Jaroslav Modry and Craig Johnson. My faith is based on the fact I bleed Kings silver/black/purple or whatever other color they've ever worn. My faith is based on the fact this team was deemed a Cup darkhorse back at the start of the season and still has much of the same personal. My faith is based on the fact that Darryl Sutter took a team with as much offensive talent as a turnip and marched it one win from a Stanely Cup. Lastly, my faith is based on the fact I am a Kings fan and that's what fans have in their team. Faith.



If it's "unfortunate" to be a Kings fan, don't be.
Post of the year.

Its early in the year I know


Last edited by Kings man 4 life: 02-29-2012 at 04:07 PM.
Kings man 4 life is offline  
Old
02-29-2012, 04:02 PM
  #66
KingsKnight
June 11-12 13-14
 
KingsKnight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Burbank, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 3,229
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axl Rhoadz View Post
I want nothing more to be proven wrong...I really hope I am. If I'm not, this franchise is going to be in deep ****.

The bigger question is, what will all of you say if I'm right?
I think the confusion around here is that it sounds like you want to be proven right. I don't think anyone here is arguing that this team could miss the playoffs. You could very well be right. The point is that you're calling it a sure thing this early. It's like me creating a thread saying "I'm calling it now, we're going to lose the next game". Are we? No one knows for sure, so why create the thread?

KingsKnight is offline  
Old
02-29-2012, 04:02 PM
  #67
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff
 
Jason Lewis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 5,054
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan View Post


If it's "unfortunate" to be a Kings fan, don't be.
Talk about a statement that a lot of posters on here should meditate on.


Jason Lewis is offline  
Old
02-29-2012, 04:12 PM
  #68
Axl Rhoadz*
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 958
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan View Post
If it's "unfortunate" to be a Kings fan, don't be.

Kinda like saying you should give up on your kids if they disappoint you?

Hey, I'll say it, you're all better fans than me....you don't ***** when the team under-performs or expectations don't come close to being met. Bravo on you....Kings are a lucky team to have you.

Axl Rhoadz* is offline  
Old
02-29-2012, 04:25 PM
  #69
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff
 
Jason Lewis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 5,054
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axl Rhoadz View Post
Kinda like saying you should give up on your kids if they disappoint you?

Hey, I'll say it, you're all better fans than me....you don't ***** when the team under-performs or expectations don't come close to being met. Bravo on you....Kings are a lucky team to have you.
If you can't see the differences between being a fan of a hockey team and being a parent then there is no hope in arguing with you.

Jason Lewis is offline  
Old
02-29-2012, 04:30 PM
  #70
Kings man 4 life
Registered User
 
Kings man 4 life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Peoples Repub. of CA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,516
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaygokings View Post
If you can't see the differences between being a fan of a hockey team and being a parent then there is no hope in arguing with you.
yup, I would cheer for Montreal if my kid got drafted by them, damn I feel dirty for even thinking that.

Kings man 4 life is offline  
Old
02-29-2012, 04:30 PM
  #71
Axl Rhoadz*
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 958
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaygokings View Post
If you can't see the differences between being a fan of a hockey team and being a parent then there is no hope in arguing with you.
But I'm supposed to argue the point of why I would continue to be a fan despite being disappointed? Your solution is to not be a fan?

Axl Rhoadz* is offline  
Old
02-29-2012, 04:31 PM
  #72
Live in the Now
Administrator
HFBoards
 
Live in the Now's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: LA
Country: United States
Posts: 31,493
vCash: 50
This thread has become people smashing on each other for reasons completely not hockey related.

Live in the Now is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:03 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.