vCash: 500
Russo always looks so pained on camera.

tomgilbertfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 03:51 PM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

Zanon and Koivu came up probably more than anyone else in Russo's comments on people avoiding him in the locker room after losses. Some guys just take it hard and get upset, like Clutter lately. Of course, Zanon's not wearing a letter and isn't with the team, so who cares if he doesn't talk to the media. Koivu on the other hand...

One thing is interesting though, with Clutter. He's taken a couple stupid shots/penalties late in games and Russo mentioned he's been bashing his stick on the bench. He also sounded pretty upset about Schultz being moved. Now I'm reading a lot into this so it's pure speculation, but I wonder about him going in the wrong direction. He's getting older, not a rookie, and will have his voice in the locker room. A good captain will find a way to settle him down, but Mikko's not around as far as I can tell. Maybe Brodziak might step in. Maybe he doesn't have to. I dunno.

But those are the kinds of loose ends when they talk about a locker room being in disarray, and the need for leadership.

And again, speculation, based on my own experience of being a moody hockey player who gets frustrated, having someone coming down on you or giving ultimatums is a complete turn off and isolates me even more, but having a peer you respect come at you in an understanding, "is everything okay?" kind of way can help bring you back. Happened to me last month.

Jarick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 04:11 PM
GopherState
Repeat Offender...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC2600 View Post
Russo always looks so pained on camera.
Reason why he's in the newspaper game.

"Will beats skill when skill doesn't have enough will."
-Doug Woog
1974 1976 1979 2002 2003 2014?
GopherState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 04:19 PM
squidz*
dun worry he's cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by GopherState View Post
Reason why he's in the newspaper game.
He's got a face for radio.

squidz* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 05:56 PM
GopherState
Repeat Offender...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarick View Post
Zanon and Koivu came up probably more than anyone else in Russo's comments on people avoiding him in the locker room after losses. Some guys just take it hard and get upset, like Clutter lately. Of course, Zanon's not wearing a letter and isn't with the team, so who cares if he doesn't talk to the media. Koivu on the other hand...

One thing is interesting though, with Clutter. He's taken a couple stupid shots/penalties late in games and Russo mentioned he's been bashing his stick on the bench. He also sounded pretty upset about Schultz being moved. Now I'm reading a lot into this so it's pure speculation, but I wonder about him going in the wrong direction. He's getting older, not a rookie, and will have his voice in the locker room. A good captain will find a way to settle him down, but Mikko's not around as far as I can tell. Maybe Brodziak might step in. Maybe he doesn't have to. I dunno.

But those are the kinds of loose ends when they talk about a locker room being in disarray, and the need for leadership.

And again, speculation, based on my own experience of being a moody hockey player who gets frustrated, having someone coming down on you or giving ultimatums is a complete turn off and isolates me even more, but having a peer you respect come at you in an understanding, "is everything okay?" kind of way can help bring you back. Happened to me last month.
Hockey Wilderness shared your thoughts and ran with them.

GopherState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 06:32 PM
rynryn
Progress to the Mean

vCash: 50
zanon is very brutally blunt and no BS like Nolan, though he won't hit you if you offend him--he'll just turn around and walk away. some guys just don't feel the need to share.

rynryn is offline   Reply With Quote