HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#62|Feb. 28, 2012|Flyers at Sharks|10:30 p.m. ET

Old
02-29-2012, 04:16 PM
beauchamp

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitroglycerin View Post
I like 6th place. We'll play Florida.
Be careful what you wish for.

You might get it.

beauchamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 04:22 PM
Xegiie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLegendkiller View Post
JVR? Yes. Briere's been terrible and it looks like Jagr is slowing down.
no offence, but Jagr was pretty much only forward who was getting into scoring chances tonight, it didnt end up with goal but i wouldnt call him slowing down while whole team plays like crap, get your facts straight

Xegiie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 04:24 PM
Bernie Parent 1974

shame for Bryz, cant win if you dont score. loved the save on Boyle & his aggression

Bernie Parent 1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 04:24 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xegiie View Post
no offence, but Jagr was pretty much only forward who was getting into scoring chances tonight, it didnt end up with goal but i wouldnt call him slowing down while whole team plays like crap, get your facts straight
See, as someone who didnt get to watch the game, its hard to know if your right or it's your Jagr Love talking.

sa cyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 04:27 PM
flyersfan187

Send a message via AIM to flyersfan187 Send a message via Skype™ to flyersfan187
Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
See, as someone who didnt get to watch the game, its hard to know if your right or it's your Jagr Love talking.
Jagr did have a strong game. So did Simmonds

flyersfan187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 04:48 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersfan187 View Post
Jagr did have a strong game. So did Simmonds
Good to hear. Jagr has been disappointing the past few weeks, so good to see he got a good game in.

sa cyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 05:01 PM
Larry44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie Parent 1974 View Post
shame for Bryz, cant win if you dont score. loved the save on Boyle & his aggression
I loved the road hockey toe save while he was trying to pick up his stick.

I thought Brayden Schenn was our best player last night.

Larry44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 05:19 PM

Missed the game, miss much?

1865 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 05:38 PM
Brozgalov

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1865 View Post
Missed the game, miss much?
Missed Bryz have a GREAT game. Thats about it...

Brozgalov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 05:45 PM
Bernie Parent 1974

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry44 View Post
I loved the road hockey toe save while he was trying to pick up his stick.

I thought Brayden Schenn was our best player last night.
honorable mention for the save on Thornton who was all alone on the change of direction play to start the 3rd.... bailed them out .. that would have been game over

Bernie Parent 1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 05:58 PM
WhatTheFox
Jacha-chacha-chachow

Kings fan here. I watched the PHI vs SJ game and man, does Simmonds play like that every game for you guys?

In LA, he talked a lot of trash, beat guys up and would always jump in for his team mates. He still likes to crash the net, has excellent puck skills down low and is like Gumby when he has the puck.

But in addition to all of that, the guy was just wrecking havoc in front the SJ net. Taking swings at guys, causing mayhem all night long... does he always do that this year? Reminded me of Tocchet in that regard.

It's like going to a team that gave him more opportunity unleashed some unstoppable beast of destruction....

** side note - please no comments on Richards or the trade. I personally am happy with Richards and think he'll be an important piece of the team for a long time.

WhatTheFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 06:29 PM
Amateur Hour

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer View Post
Kings fan here. I watched the PHI vs SJ game and man, does Simmonds play like that every game for you guys?

In LA, he talked a lot of trash, beat guys up and would always jump in for his team mates. He still likes to crash the net, has excellent puck skills down low and is like Gumby when he has the puck.

But in addition to all of that, the guy was just wrecking havoc in front the SJ net. Taking swings at guys, causing mayhem all night long... does he always do that this year? Reminded me of Tocchet in that regard.

It's like going to a team that gave him more opportunity unleashed some unstoppable beast of destruction....

** side note - please no comments on Richards or the trade. I personally am happy with Richards and think he'll be an important piece of the team for a long time.
Yes, Simmonds has been playing like that virtually the whole season. Everything you wrote is pretty much spot on, especially the bolded part. Homer even said after the trade that the Flyers felt "there is more there" when it came to Simmonds' offensive potential.

Simmonds has a unique skill set and style and understands his role on the team. Earlier in the season he was trying to be cute with the puck and looked like an idiot in doing so, but he's now back to being a mucker, grinder, and all-around thorn in the opponent's side, especially in front of the net. Basically all his goals come from within five feet of the net and are the result of pure determination (I've taken to calling him "the garbage disposal"). Simmonds is willing to do the dirty work that not many other players are, and he's definitely one of the toughest dudes in the entire league. All out effort every shift, every game, and gets the most out of his ability. He's simply been a treat to watch and should be an integral part of the Flyers' core group moving forward.

Amateur Hour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 06:37 PM
Bob Clarke Fan Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie Parent 1974 View Post

He got to see the puck pretty well and used his size accordingly last night. Sure makes a big difference when he can get a little north of his crease, tough to get there with big bodies in front. Was also nice to see him hang in there after the Clowe goal.

Bob Clarke Fan Club is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 06:47 PM
Xegiie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
i dont deny i fancy Jagr, but he was really getting into chances and making some, it just didnt end up with finish as i said

pretty much whole team was looking sloppy, unable to make a play, but Jagr still did. But no use without goals i agree.
Tho putting Briere to 1st instead of Roo had no effect, mby it was worse, can't tell, but Roo was really invisible

Xegiie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 07:23 PM
Breeze 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer View Post

Yes...that's why my friends and I call him Night Train!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Breeze 44 is offline   Reply With Quote