HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Tank on Habs lose 2-1

Old
02-29-2012, 08:31 AM
Habskrieg

vCash: 500
Fail for Nail.

Habskrieg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 08:31 AM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
should watched game threades once in a while...
I have a friend who has turned his back on the Leafs, even so far as to fit himself with Senators jacket, cap, and jersey.

Always checks the Leafs score.
Always up on the latest with the Leafs.
Always gives me grief when the Leafs beat the Habs.

Claims he cheers for the Sens now, not the Leafs but I am not convinced.

I think it's in your blood, you can't cheer for a team that plays against your team. It's not natural.

Agnostic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 08:57 AM
Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by onice View Post
It's not fate that will put good people in place. It's an ownership group that will perform its due diligence. And quite honestly I don't trust Molson & his group to do that. The whole debacle surrounding RC's hiring leads me to think that Molson is either behind half this mess or he's as incompetent as his management group.

Your GM fires the coach in mid-stream and replaces him with a unilingual coach. A crap storm erupts. In a panic the owner releases a statement that basically says this coach is a sacrificial lamb and will be gone at the end of the year and my GM is an idiot yet the GM is still around.

You trust that owner to make good decisions?
The word that they got offered a 5th for Campoli came from the twitter source El Cloun(or it might have been Creasey). That is not at all reliable.

Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 09:56 AM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
The word that they got offered a 5th for Campoli came from the twitter source El Cloun(or it might have been Creasey). That is not at all reliable.
it is if you are just looking for any way to bash the org.

and just for the record, i could definitely see that hypothetical situation happening...

MasterDecoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 10:12 AM
Habs

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsfantoronto View Post
I don't post her much but I was wondering what people thought of the Malone/Emelin bs. Malone hits Emelin from behind, Emelin gets him back, and then he blindsides and attacks Emelin coming out of the box? Suspension maybe? I thought it was pretty riciculous.

Malone was frustrated that he couldn't beat on Emelin after the hit. Just a hockey temper, nothing serious. Emelin is a big beneficiary of the Instigator Rule, since he doesn't have to pay the price for his big hits.

It could have been a bad day for Emelin if he wasn't able to hang onto the boards for his dear life...

Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 10:20 AM
Protest the Hero

Emelin has metal holding his face together.

Protest the Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 10:40 AM
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

Quote:
he is (un)fortunately...

- Geoffrion-Plekanec-White
- Boucher calls a time-out, our coach use it to talk to Ladouceur...
- Gomez PP time 04:01
This is called tanking. He's doing it right.

Myron Gaines* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 10:46 AM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
If they want to tank why did they hold onto Campoli, Kaberle, Noke and the others.
I dunno, those seem like awesome cornerstones for a tank.

Ohashi_Jouzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 01:23 PM
Kimota
Three Bananas

Quote:
If they want to tank why did they hold onto Campoli, Kaberle, Noke and the others. Why not trade them at the deadline. Word was they were offered a 5th for Campoli. Bad as he is Campoli is still better than anything we have in Hamilton, so trade him, get the pick and bring up the lesser talent from Hamilton. That would help with the tank. It's not like they want re-sign Campoli.

You're giving management too much credit. This group is just plain incompetent.
Good point, they are incompetent but if you fire your coach and just has the assistant taking over as interim coach, there's no strong desire to compete here.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 01:33 PM
Kimota
Three Bananas

Quote:
it's not, not at all.
Get over yourself. we're talking about last place 5 years in a row. It was shear Hell. I was there, i've never seen something like this ever since. This Habs' season has been a gentle breeze in comparison. Personaly I knew the Habs were not in it after the All Star break. I was in the tank philosophy right back then.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 01:39 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish on The Sand View Post
I think its absolutely disgraceful how many of you are cheering against the team. I understand the value of a high pick, but let's be serious here. Cheering against your team is just stupid. Maurice Richard must be rolling in his grave right now.
Richard has been doing the Iggy Shuffle underground for a long time now. I'm pretty sure he walked the earth briefly looking for somebody to strangle when we dealt away McD for Gomez in the name of fighting for 8th place.

I don't cheer for the team to lose but let's be realistic man, the club hasn't rebuilt and it's now being forced down our throats. Might as well try to look at the bright side.

Lafleurs Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 03:32 PM
Teufelsdreck

If getting the highest possible draft choice is of paramount concern, then it's not enough to root against the Habs. It's also logical to root for teams that are only slightly ahead of them in the standings and also for any teams that are behind the Habs at this point (there aren't many).

This is my slant on what happened. For the Habs to trade Campoli or Nokelainen there had to be takers. Apparently no one wanted to give up even a low draft choice for them as rental players or, in the case of Kaberle, to take on his contract. Actually, Weber was the only one who was tradeable but Gauthier probably didn't hear an offer he would accept (so much for the fans who think he's worth a second or even a first rounder). Diaz? I wouldn't trade him at all, or at least not now.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 08:38 PM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
If getting the highest possible draft choice is of paramount concern, then it's not enough to root against the Habs. It's also logical to root for teams that are only slightly ahead of them in the standings and also for any teams that are behind the Habs at this point (there aren't many).

This is my slant on what happened. For the Habs to trade Campoli or Nokelainen there had to be takers. Apparently no one wanted to give up even a low draft choice for them as rental players or, in the case of Kaberle, to take on his contract. Actually, Weber was the only one who was tradeable but Gauthier probably didn't hear an offer he would accept (so much for the fans who think he's worth a second or even a first rounder). Diaz? I wouldn't trade him at all, or at least not now.
i ***** this board like nobody's business but i've never seen anyone say we could garner a first for weber. some poor souls hypothesized a second but that's a minority. weber is.... still all potential at this point and he needs to show more.

don't mind holding on to him longer since right now his potential > his value.

MasterDecoy is offline   Reply With Quote