HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Comrie trade proposal - Isles.

Closed Thread

Old
11-13-2003, 11:29 AM
Axis

vCash: 500
Comrie trade proposal - Isles.

Hi, I'm a newly registered poster with another Comrie proposal. Sorry I know there have been many - I'm just really getting impatient with the unresolved situation. Here goes: how about Comrie to the Islanders for Dave Scatchard and their 2nd round pick in next years draft (although if Kevin could get their 1st overall instead that would be wicked). Scatchard scored 27 goals last year and had 45 points.

Scatchard is big, he makes an affordable salary and in my mind he would be like a bigger version of Todd Marchant. He's also a local product - Hinton, Alberta. I believe he's 27 years old.

http://www.nhlpa.com/Content/THE_PLA...o1.asp?ID=4993

Of note however, he's injured right now with a dislocated shoulder but should be back in 2 or 3 weeks. I don't think we've had a big centre of his stature since Rem Murray and Chad Kilger left. He might be a nice fit between Ryan Smyth and Ales Hemsky or Smyth and Isbister.

The major danger in this deal I forsee is that players like Mike Grier and Rem Murray were never the same after dislocated shoulder injuries.

Old
11-13-2003, 11:37 AM
Mowzie
Asst. Dishwasher

what a great idea, you should have came up with that deal 3 months ago when everybody else did.

OK, sorry maybe Im over reacting, welcome to HF, you'll have fun here.

We've been trading with NYI continously over the last 3-4 years, when will KLO and Mike Millbury cut to the chase and just trade everybody for everybody? a good ol fashion 46 man deal.

Old
11-13-2003, 12:53 PM
LawnDemon

first of all, welcome to HF...

second, never listen to anything LawnDemon has to say.

i'm not a huge comrie fan but i still think he's worth more than a 3rd string center (who had a career year last year) and a 2nd round pick.

of course, based on what you read i guess comrie is worth anything from Ruslan Zainullin to Simon Gagne. i guess scatch is somewhere in between those two so it's not a bad idea.

personally, i hope lowe gets more but i guess i could live with scatch and a second.

Old
11-13-2003, 12:57 PM
Seachd

vCash: 50
One guy I wouldn't mind seeing come over as part of a deal is Mattias Weinhandl. But with the Islanders shedding a bunch of salary, they probably want to keep young and cheap around, which Weinhandl is.

Old
11-13-2003, 02:28 PM
CREW99AW

vCash: 1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seachd
One guy I wouldn't mind seeing come over as part of a deal is Mattias Weinhandl. But with the Islanders shedding a bunch of salary, they probably want to keep young and cheap around, which Weinhandl is.
Isles with their tight budget wouldn't be in the mix for Comrie.

and I'm sure that Winter and MM have bumped heads before.

Is Winter also the Thrashers P.Stefans agent?

Old
11-13-2003, 03:33 PM
FacelessButcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW
Yes

Old
11-13-2003, 03:34 PM
Shizuka

From what I've read, Milbury is set to pare down the team budget to $36 million, from 44+ (numbers are probably off a bit as I don't remember the exact figures cited). Hence the move putting Wiemer on waivers, although there are rumblings of dressing room problems as well. Also, the Isles are 2 games above .500 at the moment, and stacked at centre with the likes of Yashin, Kvasha, Bates, and Peca.

Scatchard would be a nice pickup but as you noted he's injured, and also 4 years older than Comrie. I don't see Lowe trading for a guy like Scatchard because:

a) players command / seek higher salaries in their prime years, which could make negotiations a pain for Lowe;
b) teams are usually unwilling to just give guys up when they're hitting their stride;
c) younger players make more sense for us, due to budgetary restrictions and the aforementioned $ figures involved when players are in their prime, and
d) their usefulness to the future / building of the franchise would be limited when they hit UFA status (usually around 30?) and leave for greener i.e. $$ pastures.

It's a good thought though, and there are plenty of us sharing your anxiety about any trades regarding Comrie. Welcome aboard, too...this is an excellent place to commiserate about the team.

Old
11-13-2003, 04:32 PM
Cujo_31

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW
Isles with their tight budget wouldn't be in the mix for Comrie.

and I'm sure that Winter and MM have bumped heads before.

wat do u mean? Comrie said he'd play for "considerably less" then what the Oilers have offered him (1.13 mil), which team in their right mind would say no to aquiring a top 2 line centre, who has had a 30+ goal season & 60 pt season, & that would sign for less then 1.13 mil with a team other then Edmonton?

Closed Thread