HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Too many centers next year?

Old
02-29-2012, 06:41 PM
Et le But

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habitue View Post
I don't see how any of these two can play at NHL level next season. Grigo is overated and the other one has spent the whole season injured in the OHL.
I don't see Galchenyuk making the NHL. Missing a year at that age has got to seriously impact development.

Grigorenko could go either way. High IQ players can make the NHL without being physically ready, see Tavares, but Grigorenko isn't the same kind of special talent Tavares is. I could see Grigo pulling a Radulov if he doesn't get his way though, or him and Roy be a package deal. But even if he makes it I would expect him to be sheltered.

Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 06:55 PM
Undertakerqc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
I don't see Galchenyuk making the NHL. Missing a year at that age has got to seriously impact development.

Grigorenko could go either way. High IQ players can make the NHL without being physically ready, see Tavares, but Grigorenko isn't the same kind of special talent Tavares is. I could see Grigo pulling a Radulov if he doesn't get his way though, or him and Roy be a package deal. But even if he makes it I would expect him to be sheltered.
Grigorenko will be in the nHl next year

Undertakerqc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2012, 09:36 AM
FiveForDrawingBlood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant McCagg View Post
I know this keeps falling on deaf ears, but we will NOT draft Grigorenko! He may very well not be one of the top five forwards on Montreal's draft board on draft day. He may not be top five on a lot of team's draft boards by then.

This year reminds me so much of "trade up and draft Cherepanov in the top five" back in 2007 that it's scary. You saw how he slipped....
McCagg, do you see any chance Habs considering trading down in draft? Say if both Galchenyuk and Yakupov already chosen instead of drafting a Forsberg or Dumba type Timmins would trade down from 3rd to 10th and draft a Faska, Collberg or Teravainen type? With Habs adding an average NHLer in the trade but getting a big, top 6 winger back to play with Plekanec and Gionta next season.

FiveForDrawingBlood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2012, 10:17 AM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginu View Post
All I know is we can't put Patches and Cole together next year without two comparable wingers to play on the 2nd line. Otherwise, we have to split them up to distribute the size.
To be fair, they weren't supposed to be our best wingers (at least not Cole). Cammalleri and Gionta were supposed to be top line players - too bad both sucked nearly as bad as Gomez this year.

One Man Rock Band is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2012, 11:12 AM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
To be fair, they weren't supposed to be our best wingers (at least not Cole). Cammalleri and Gionta were supposed to be top line players - too bad both sucked nearly as bad as Gomez this year.
Gionta got off to a slow start last year two before being our consistently best winger last year (next to that terrible playmaker with tunnel vision that was Plekanec). This year he never got a chance. For all the talk about missing Markov this year, I never understand why there's so little talk about lacking Gionta this year.

Cammalleri sucked during the regular season last year too. If Gomez wasn't so atrocious he wouldn't have avoided criticism as long as he did.

Cole exceeded my expectations but this wasn't out of the question for him. Say what you want about Gauthier, this was a great signing, for the short term at least.

Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2012, 11:22 AM
Habitant le colon

here is a probable roster for next season (without new add)

Attaque :

Pacioretty Desharnais Cole

Bourque Plekanec Gionta

Palushaj Eller Moen

Geoffrion White Blunden, Staubitz

Défense :

Markov Subban

Gorges Diaz

Emelin Kaberle

Weber St-Denis

Price

Budaj

This is where we Start a rebuild : regroup the core and step on a new style hockey ... first of all we need a new coach with a 2 men pressure system.

Then draft Grigorenko and groom him in Hamilton : Leblanc Grigorenko Gallagher can be an amazing and Incredible first lines for Bulldogs adding Tinordi and Beaulieu will build the future core and add to our futur club Chemistry.

T****T : at this point there is no way to trade Plekanec I'd rather Trade Eller Gionta Weber at the trade deadline in 2012-13(and more if needed) than trade away our best pk asset! for those 3 we can get a great top 6 big body players. Possible target : Brown or Clowe

I also do sign Moen for long term cuz is the second best foward asset on pk. 4 yrs 1.850

after trade deadline 2012-13
:

Bourque Plekanec T****T
Palushaj White Moen
Geoffrion Engqvist Staubitz

Markov Subban
Gorges Diaz
Kaberle Emelin
Weber St-Denis

season Goal : apply the new coach's system and build confidence : we don't need to make playoff ... take it easy one step at the time!

2013-14
Pacioretty Desharnais Cole (a)
Bourque Plekanec (a) T****T
Leblanc Grigorenko Gallagher
Geoffrion White Moen
Staubitz

Markov Subban
Emelin Gorges (c)
Tinordi Beaulieu
Diaz St-Denis

Price
Mayers

here the 3rd line is a 1st line grooming with the club to get more experience at NHL level. In 2014-15 Plekanec line can be a good 2a and Grigorenko line a 2b combos the youth will someday take advantage on ...

Shall we rebuild for 2014-15 right away or just retool and loose pick for the future?

Habitant le colon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2012, 11:43 AM
llamateizer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habitant le colon View Post
here is a probable roster for next season (without new add)

Attaque :

Bourque Plekanec Gionta

Palushaj Eller Moen

Geoffrion White Blunden, Staubitz

Défense :

Markov Subban

Gorges Diaz

Emelin Kaberle

Weber St-Denis

Price

Budaj

This is where we Start a rebuild : regroup the core and step on a new style hockey ... first of all we need a new coach with a 2 men pressure system.

Then draft Grigorenko and groom him in Hamilton : Leblanc Grigorenko Gallagher can be an amazing and Incredible first lines for Bulldogs adding Tinordi and Beaulieu will build the future core and add to our futur club Chemistry.

T****T : at this point there is no way to trade Plekanec I'd rather Trade Eller Gionta Weber at the trade deadline in 2012-13(and more if needed) than trade away our best pk asset! for those 3 we can get a great top 6 big body players. Possible target : Brown or Clowe

I also do sign Moen for long term cuz is the second best foward asset on pk. 4 yrs 1.850

after trade deadline 2012-13
:

Bourque Plekanec T****T
Palushaj White Moen
Geoffrion Engqvist Staubitz

Markov Subban
Gorges Diaz
Kaberle Emelin
Weber St-Denis

season Goal : apply the new coach's system and build confidence : we don't need to make playoff ... take it easy one step at the time!

2013-14
Pacioretty Desharnais Cole (a)
Bourque Plekanec (a) T****T
Leblanc Grigorenko Gallagher
Geoffrion White Moen
Staubitz

Markov Subban
Emelin Gorges (c)
Tinordi Beaulieu
Diaz St-Denis

Price
Mayers

here the 3rd line is a 1st line grooming with the club to get more experience at NHL level. In 2014-15 Plekanec line can be a good 2a and Grigorenko line a 2b combos the youth will someday take advantage on ...

Shall we rebuild for 2014-15 right away or just retool and loose pick for the future?
he must be returned to his junior team
I think he must be aged 20+ to access AHL

llamateizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2012, 11:57 AM
Habitant le colon

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewBACHa View Post
he must be returned to his junior team
I think he must be aged 20+ to access AHL
if we do sign him to an professional contract we can let him play LHJMQ or have him in Hamilton ... but i,m not sure about it ... Is someone able to answer that?

what do you think about my rebuild idea?

Old
03-01-2012, 12:02 PM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

If Palushaj makes the team next year, I might jump off a bridge. He has looked horrible in 95% of his games.

One Man Rock Band is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2012, 12:13 PM
Habitant le colon

Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
If Palushaj makes the team next year, I might jump off a bridge. He has looked horrible in 95% of his games.
palushaj in my team rebuild is in a without add mode ... we all know that we can sign a better proved player for that spot !

Old
03-01-2012, 12:20 PM
ECWHSWI
P.K. is perfect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habitant le colon View Post
if we do sign him to an professional contract we can let him play LHJMQ or have him in Hamilton ... but i,m not sure about it ... Is someone able to answer that?

what do you think about my rebuild idea?
think the differense is him being European they're allowed to go to the AHL a year younger.

ECWHSWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2012, 12:21 PM
ECWHSWI
P.K. is perfect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
think the difference is him being European he's allowed to go to the AHL a year younger.
typo

ECWHSWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2012, 02:31 PM
guest1467

No, Grigorenko cannot play in the AHL next season.

He must be 20 years old.

guest1467 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2012, 02:44 PM
Habitant le colon

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddahsmoka1 View Post
No, Grigorenko cannot play in the AHL next season.

He must be 20 years old.
can i have a link plz ?

Old
03-01-2012, 02:52 PM
Habitant le colon

fin this : Since this question seems to come up over and over again:

There is a private agreement in place between the NHL and the CHL that governs when a player coming from the CHL can play in the AHL. A player from the CHL has to either turn 20 by December 31st of the season (ie a player born in 1987 can start playing in the 2007-08 season, a player born in 1988 can start playing in the 2008-09 season etc.) OR have completed 4 seasons of junior eligibility. This agreement also covers European players if they are drafted out of the CHL (Examples would be players like Petr Vrana and Ivan Vishnevskiy). Also - CHL players are eligible to play in the AHL once their junior season is over (either by virtue of their junior team not making the playoffs or being eliminated from the playoffs) even if they don't yet meet the age or eligibility criteria listed above.

College players and European players (provided they are drafted out of Europe--even if they later play in the CHL) are not covered by this agreement. They only have to abide by the AHL's age requirement, which is that a player has to turn 18 by September 15 of any given season to be eligible to play. While you won't see many 18-year olds in the AHL, some European players have played at that age (e.g. Niklas Bergfors)

Old
03-01-2012, 03:58 PM
ChoseLa

Boston has find a way to keep Bergeron, Krejci, Séguin, Kelly and Peverley, all that after a potential career ending injury to Marc Savard. I'm pretty sure Patty Roy will find a way.

ChoseLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2012, 04:35 PM
AllanMTL46
Alexei BOOM Emelin

Eller at wing.

AllanMTL46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2012, 04:58 PM
Lemons

Guys Grigorenko is going to have a terrible first season. He is not a generational talent like Sid. Hes going to take time to develop, 2-3 years.

Remember how crap Stamkos was his first year ?

Tavares ?

Bobby ryan spent quite sometime in the minors ...

We can only pray that if he does have a good camp, he'll have a Hopkins type season.

Lemons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2012, 06:58 PM
Bourne Endeavor
( •_•)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)

vCash: 13357
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemons View Post
Guys Grigorenko is going to have a terrible first season. He is not a generational talent like Sid. Hes going to take time to develop, 2-3 years.

Remember how crap Stamkos was his first year ?

Tavares ?

Bobby ryan spent quite sometime in the minors ...

We can only pray that if he does have a good camp, he'll have a Hopkins type season.
Stamkos was awful early into the season because Melrose is an idiot, who didn't even want him in the lineup. His belief was eighteen year olds shouldn't play in the NHL, perhaps because they have to "earn it." Management forced him to so Stamkos spent most of his time on the fourth line. When Melrose was fired, he picked up his game significantly down the stretch and the rest is history.

Tavares had 54 points in his first season. A better example would be Seguin, who only put up 22 but he was held on the fourth line much like Stamkos. The difference being he struggled and Boston had depth, too much in fact. I couldn't care less if Grigorenko had only a decent rookie campaign. History has shown those players often turn it into a legacy in the years that follow.

Bourne Endeavor is offline   Reply With Quote