HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Nash Rumours Part IX: Nash Svidaniya; End of the road

Closed Thread

Old
02-29-2012, 04:23 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

vCash: 500
Darren Dreger on NHL Live

He wouldn't be surprised if Nash shortens his list to one team. The Rangers.

Old
02-29-2012, 05:39 PM
bernmeister

Is this the official trade thread?

Or just for Nash follow through?

Do we have an official thread ATM?
Or should we post separate threads?

Old
02-29-2012, 06:02 PM
Blueshirt Believer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post

He better pray that we don't win the cup this year. If we do, he no longer becomes relevant. To be honest, I am not even sure Parise becomes that important either.

Old
02-29-2012, 08:43 PM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshirt Believer View Post
He better pray that we don't win the cup this year. If we do, he no longer becomes relevant. To be honest, I am not even sure Parise becomes that important either.
Trust me if the Rangers win the Stanley Cup and Dubinsky has like 4 points in 20 games Nash will definitely still be relevant

02-29-2012, 08:49 PM
Jabroni
The People's Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by New York RKY View Post
Trust me if the Rangers win the Stanley Cup and Dubinsky has like 4 points in 20 games Nash will definitely still be relevant
I'm still waiting for him to show up on the scoresheet.

Old
02-29-2012, 08:51 PM
Rangers Fail
free james sheppard

Quote:
So we're going 16-4 in the playoffs?

I'll sign up for that.

Old
02-29-2012, 08:53 PM
TCRF
RICK. GNASH

vCash: 476
Quote:
Originally Posted by henriks broadway hat View Post
so we're going 16-4 in the playoffs?

I'll sign up for that.
16-0

Old
02-29-2012, 09:10 PM
Blueshirt Believer

Quote:
I don't really see it with his cap hit, I think the Rangers would merely tweak their roster. They would try to hold on to as many core pieces as they could(so they don't repeat the situation that happened with chicago).

I think it also allows them to build more with Kreider in the long term. But these are all hypotheticals, so who knows?

Old
02-29-2012, 09:25 PM
Vitto79

Quote:

it would be hilarious if they force them to take less next yr

Old
02-29-2012, 10:14 PM
beastly115

Unless Sather has some damn good intel on where Parise's going, we shouldn't be trading for Nash until after Parise signs. I'd rather Parise than Nash because he's a natural LW and will probably sign for a better cap hit.

Old
02-29-2012, 10:31 PM
GregSirico
PUCK LUCK

Quote:

and why is that?

Old
02-29-2012, 10:32 PM
Alvvays
I know u u cant sing

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaQUp View Post
Unless Sather has some damn good intel on where Parise's going, we shouldn't be trading for Nash until after Parise signs. I'd rather Parise than Nash because he's a natural LW and will probably sign for a better cap hit.
Also because Parise is younger, more proven offensively, and simply a better hockey player.

Coming from a Nash homer.

02-29-2012, 10:32 PM
GregSirico
PUCK LUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaQUp View Post
I agree but Nash > Parise in term of 'skill'

Old
02-29-2012, 10:44 PM
bmw2004

Parise is not a free agent yet and probably won't be one. Rangers aren't the only team in the NHL. Why he is mentioned in the thread so much is beyond me.

Old
02-29-2012, 10:48 PM
Alvvays
I know u u cant sing

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw2004 View Post
Parise is not a free agent yet and probably won't be one. Rangers aren't the only team in the NHL. Why he is mentioned in the thread so much is beyond me.
Because he's a viable option for this team.

I don't understand why people are so sure of Parise re-signing, they apparently haven't even talked about an extension yet. With the financial situation in NJ, Parise becoming a UFA looks likelier and likelier. I also don't understand why people are so sure he wouldn't come here. If he gets his money, he'll easily sign here. Maybe not over Minnesota, but maybe they want Suter more? Either way, he's far from an impossible option, although I don't expect him to sign here.

Old
02-29-2012, 11:12 PM
The Amity Affliction
Chasing Ghosts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenith View Post

I don't understand why people are so sure of Parise re-signing, they apparently haven't even talked about an extension yet. With the financial situation in NJ, Parise becoming a UFA looks likelier and likelier. I also don't understand why people are so sure he wouldn't come here. If he gets his money, he'll easily sign here. Maybe not over Minnesota, but maybe they want Suter more? Either way, he's far from an impossible option, although I don't expect him to sign here.
Don't say that to the Devils fans, they will all hate you forever after their Marty Brodeur tighty-whities go into an untiable twist.

With that being said, I completely agree, but I don't know about Minnesota. Sure, they're his hometown team (he's from Faribault), but I don't think they're in a good position to compete for a cup even with him, and they're not a big budget team. They need help at center, if you ask me. P.M. Bouchard is constantly hurt, and Koivu has battled injuries. They also need help on defense. I think they go after Suter before Parise.

Old
02-29-2012, 11:13 PM
bmw2004

Quote:

I am not against Parise at all. I am gainst him signing in New York because of the previous bad experience with Devils players. He is great and talented player in this league. I hope he signs somewhere else.

Old
02-29-2012, 11:27 PM
Edge
Kris King's Ghost

Quote:
Also because Parise is younger, more proven offensively, and simply a better hockey player.

Coming from a Nash homer.
I'm not sure I totally agree with that.

They are about the same age, unless we want to get down to a few weeks or months.

Post lockout Nash has 223 goals and Parise has 186, with almost a season lost to injury. So even if I give him an additional 30 goals, that still adds up to about 216. And if I did that, I'd probably have to give Nash some extra goals for the one season he missed nearly 30 games.

Parise has also played on a better team than Nash, with better offensive players.

At the very least, you could probably say that you like Parise more. But I don't think it's clear cut that he's necessarily "better."

Old
02-29-2012, 11:49 PM
Alvvays
I know u u cant sing

You left out assists - both are primarily goal scorers, obviously, but Parise is a superior playmaker. He's had 2 80+ point seasons in the last 3 years. Nash has never hit the 80 point mark.

Personally, I'd take the work ethic/defensive play over the size at similar production (and possibly better production).

More or less my opinion on this. I'd take Parise 10 times our of 10.

Old
02-29-2012, 11:49 PM
The Amity Affliction
Chasing Ghosts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge View Post
I'm not sure I totally agree with that.

They are about the same age, unless we want to get down to a few weeks or months.

Post lockout Nash has 223 goals and Parise has 186, with almost a season lost to injury. So even if I give him an additional 30 goals, that still adds up to about 216. And if I did that, I'd probably have to give Nash some extra goals for the one season he missed nearly 30 games.

Parise has also played on a better team than Nash, with better offensive players.

At the very least, you could probably say that you like Parise more. But I don't think it's clear cut that he's necessarily "better."
Much better all-around player that's had a 90 point season in this league, and has had consistently scored about a point per game for these last few years.

Not only that, but Parise is the type of player that fits the Rangers identity. A leader. Strong defensive player. Played some of his best hockey in a systematic defensive scheme (45 goal, 94 point career year) under Brent Sutter. Sure he's had better talent around him, but he's far and away a better all-around player.

With that being said, I think his cap hit will be very comparable.

Old
02-29-2012, 11:52 PM
Alvvays
I know u u cant sing

Ironically enough, Nash also had his best year playing in a systematic defensive system under Hitchcock.

When deciding between these two as options, we also have to take into account that Parise costs nothing but money. Nash will take a ton of assets to acquire.

Old
03-01-2012, 12:00 AM
The Amity Affliction
Chasing Ghosts

Quote:
Ironically enough, Nash also had his best year playing in a systematic defensive system under Hitchcock.
Fair point, but having seen a lot of both of these two, Parise is definitely the better all-around player, and to me he fits Tortarella's system a lot better than Nash does.

Not to say Nash would get eaten alive here, but I could see Parise jumping right in and not having to make any drastic adjustments to his game.

Old
03-01-2012, 12:04 AM
Alvvays
I know u u cant sing

I agree, I just find the correlation interesting - a lot of fans always say "oh, if you get him out of that defensive system, he'll produce so much more", and here we have two top notch offensive players getting their career highs in a strict defensive system.

Sometimes, a defensive systtem can benefit a player's #s depending on the way they play.

Old
03-01-2012, 12:08 AM
IBleedNYRBlue

Parise>>Nash.

Not even in terms of just skill, but also fitting in. Parise fits in like a glove into this team. Natural LW, goal scorer, playmaker, strong defensively, hard work ethic, etc.

That said, i'm still not too keen on handing out another long term contract via free agency.

Old
03-01-2012, 12:12 AM
The Amity Affliction
Chasing Ghosts

Quote:
I agree, I just find the correlation interesting - a lot of fans always say "oh, if you get him out of that defensive system, he'll produce so much more", and here we have two top notch offensive players getting their career highs in a strict defensive system.

Sometimes, a defensive systtem can benefit a player's #s depending on the way they play.
Yeah, isn't it weird? Stephane Richer put up some of his best numbers playing for Jaques Lemaire. Gaborik had a 40 goal 80 point season under Lemaire. Doug Gilmour became the 1st player to ever score 100 points and win the Selke Trophy in the same season (1993) under Pat Burns. Sergei Fedorov and Pavel Datysuk have won multiple Selke's in Detroit while putting up point per game seasons, and in Fedorov's case, he's the only other player in NHL history to score 100 points and win the Selke in the same season (2x: 1994 & 1996), and he's the only player score 50 goals in the same season (1994). Datsyuk is the only other player in the history of the game to score a point per game and win the Selke Trophy (2008)

Sorry for going off on a tangent, but I just thought they were interesting stats that pertained to the conversation.

Closed Thread