HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Schultzy Ain't Too Shabby - Oilers lose 5-2

Old
03-01-2012, 12:39 AM
smokersarejokers

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordZ0r View Post
Every time Barker steps on the ice, a boneheaded play is to be expected. The guy is the Patrick O'Sullivan of defencemen. The fact that Renney kept throwing him out there shift after shift proves that he should not be coaching this team.
Perfect description!

smokersarejokers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2012, 12:40 AM
Shanahanigans

Every time Barker steps on to the Ice, I wonder how on earth he was drafted 3rd overall behind Malkin and Ovechkin

Shanahanigans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Mike Liut

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reynard View Post
Watching that game was worse than getting crabs.

Unrelated but does anyone know how to get rid of crabs?

Shave one half of your hair patch. Light the other half on fire, and when they jump across, stab them with an ice pick

Mike Liut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
April Ethereal
Eternal rains...

How the blue **** did Barker go 3rd overall? That can't have been a legit pick, please tell me whoever picked him went off the board.

The guy is a bum. Renney needs to be fired as well, and Dubnyk needs to be buried in the minors.

"Ohhhhhhhh"

April Ethereal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Asher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asher View Post
I gotta listen to the post game show to hear if stauffer does his standard political correct criticism: Player X (in this case Barker) has got to be better." That's as vicious as Bob gets anymore.
Rob Brown says Barker shouldn't have pinched on the 1st goal. Bob agrees. Next topic...

Asher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
sandhu111

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokersarejokers View Post
Horcoff had a pretty decent game. He was a beast on the PK. I really don't like it when people try to find excuses to bash Horcoff.
yeah he was good on the pk no doubt.. but your highest paid player and captain has to do more than pk, might as well slap the C on belanger than no difference between the players

sandhu111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2012, 12:41 AM
Teddy Peckman

Send a message via MSN to Teddy Peckman
Those goals weren't Barkers fault guys, they were in his blind spot, straight ahead of him.

Teddy Peckman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
iCanada

vCash: 400
Barker played like absolute garbage tonight. That was a joke, how do you so consistently have just off gap control? zzzz

He seemed like he just had no clue what the hell he was doing out there. He may have a big body, and be a damn smooth skater but he aint got much else... maybe a shot he never utilizes. Useless defensively, less than mediocre in the offensive zone. Just brutal.

Get this guy out of here, I want Sutton back... He makes mistakes too, but atleast he sends some bodies flying doing it.

On the other hand, Schultz really impressed me. He displayed excellent gap control and his stick just had this presence on the ice. Schultz just seemed to always prevent the most dangerous option from happening in the first place... so refreshing to see a guy not have to resort to mad scrambling because he is just calm, collect, and made the right play in the first place. That is the first time I've seen an Oilers defenceman do that since Pronger.

iCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

Quote:
Originally Posted by raab View Post
Well they just beat a team with the #1 ranked PP!
Full credit to the Oilers for their success on the powerplay this season but it's a little anomalistic and more than a little nutty.

No, I'm talking about a team like the Canucks or the Predators. Obviously. Some playoff series turn into a battle of who can score the most powerplay goals and I can't see the Blues winning that tussle.

Moonlapse Vertigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2012, 12:42 AM
BoldNewLettuce
Esquire

I think Renney was trying to protect some of the guys, at least I saw Nuge get off the ice a lot...not sure what the TOI is....

if the game meant something maybe Renney plays the game differently...as it was I think he was trying to "manage" the game....which I hate...but may be smart in terms of keeping players healthy and might be some sort of strategy.

I hate when coaches juggle line and "line-match" though...especially when your checking and goon lines don't set the tone consistantly.

I blame .....(*draws names from hat*)....Horcoff.....and Barker.

BoldNewLettuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2012, 12:43 AM
CupofOil

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokersarejokers View Post
Horcoff had a pretty decent game. He was a beast on the PK. I really don't like it when people try to find excuses to bash Horcoff.
Yeah, Horcoff was fine. He has been fine in the last several games in his proper 3rd line role but people will complain about him no matter what he does.

CupofOil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Brokenhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by iCanada View Post
Barker played like absolute garbage tonight. That was a joke, how do you so consistently have just off gap control? zzzz

He seemed like he just had no clue what the hell he was doing out there. He may have a big body, and be a damn smooth skater but he aint got much else... maybe a shot he never utilizes. Useless defensively, less than mediocre in the offensive zone. Just brutal.

Get this guy out of here, I want Sutton back... He makes mistakes too, but atleast he sends some bodies flying doing it.

On the other hand, Schultz really impressed me. He displayed excellent gap control and his stick just had this presence on the ice. Schultz just seemed to always prevent the most dangerous option from happening in the first place... so refreshing to see a guy not have to resort to mad scrambling because he is just calm, collect, and made the right play in the first place. That is the first time I've seen an Oilers defenceman do that since Pronger.
Nice description. We now have Schultz, Petry and Smid that can hold their gaps properly. An immediate improvement.

Brokenhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
The Nuge
Farewell Smytty

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewOilRising View Post
How the blue **** did Barker go 3rd overall? That can't have been a legit pick, please tell me whoever picked him went off the board.

The guy is a bum. Renney needs to be fired as well, and Dubnyk needs to be buried in the minors.

"Ohhhhhhhh"
In his defense, it was a horrible draft. We've got the 3rd best player from that top 10 in Smid

The Nuge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Ovechking

Quit hating on Dubnyk, honestly. He was awful tonight, but he can turn that around and have a great next game. He is very inconsistent, but has the capacity to be a great goaltender at times.

Barker is atrocious. Tambellini gave him a chance, but I'm sure Barker is going to lose his job here.

Can't wait to see Klefbom next year...

Ovechking is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

So uh, why is Horcoff still being spoonfed minutes? What does he accomplish out there, exactly? Both RNH and Gagner had better face-off win percentages tonight.

Old
03-01-2012, 12:44 AM
oilers2k10
Yak Don't Back Down

I think schultz looked alright..
But why in the world would Jones have a minute more Ice time than Eberle? I know there was a five min. Major but Cmon!

Hemsky was NOT good tonight..Hall was Hall..Eberle was oils best forward on Ice..
Gagner needs more Ice time..

oilers2k10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

Quote:
Originally Posted by CupofOil View Post
Yeah, Horcoff was fine. He has been fine in the last several games in his proper 3rd line role but people will complain about him no matter what he does.
I think that everybody just has a problem with him routinely getting more minutes than guys like Eberle and even Gagner. That had better come to an ABRUPT stop next year.

Old
Asher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ovechking View Post
Quit hating on Dubnyk, honestly. He was awful tonight, but he can turn that around and have a great next game. He is very inconsistent, but has the capacity to be a great goaltender at times.

Barker is atrocious. Tambellini gave him a chance, but I'm sure Barker is going to lose his job here.

He's not coming next year.

Old
03-01-2012, 12:45 AM
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilers2k10 View Post
But why in the world would Jones have a minute more Ice time than Eberle? I know there was a five min. Major but Cmon!

Hemsky was NOT good tonight..Hall was Hall..Eberle was oils best forward on Ice..
Healthy Scratch for Three Games

More TIO Than Eberle

I smell another meme.

Old
03-01-2012, 12:45 AM
Auguste Escoffier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ovechking View Post

You just described Dubnyk perfectly; he is a great backup goaltender, but nothing more.

Auguste Escoffier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2012, 12:46 AM
DisgruntledGoat

Barker is SO stupid. I bet he wipes his ass with his hand. No toliet paper. Just his bare friggin hand.

DisgruntledGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2012, 12:46 AM
LordZ0r

From now on, I shall be referring to Barker as Cam O'Barkervan.

LordZ0r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2012, 12:47 AM
Njoy Oilers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlapse Vertigo View Post
Unless you're a great special teams team. Then you have the advantage.
True. Their non stop harrassment was top shelf. The real good teams seem to resonate that as well.

Njoy Oilers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
The Bored Man
Tier 2 Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlapse Vertigo View Post
So uh, why is Horcoff still being spoonfed minutes? What does he accomplish out there, exactly? Both RNH and Gagner had better face-off win percentages tonight.
Because his Double QualAdjusted Relative Corsi / 60 is out of this world!

The Bored Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Asher

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilers2k10 View Post

Renney is letting Ebs die on the vine. I would switch him with hemsky.