HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Lavi Thread

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-29-2012, 03:07 PM
  #151
MsWoof
Registered User
 
MsWoof's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,106
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitroglycerin View Post
Wilson was extended.
He is facing a ton of angry people here in Toronto right now. Just because he was extended doesn't mean he can't get fired. See: Carlyle, Randy.

MsWoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 03:11 PM
  #152
JXC
#LaviPondHockeyFail
 
JXC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Country: United States
Posts: 13,890
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16 View Post
Actually, it's pretty genius to be playing run and gun hockey. Everyone gets into the lineup, everyone gets ice time and more important, the first year players get acclimated to the game much quicker. When it comes time to clamp down, the chances are there won't be a revolt like there was under Hitchcock. Remember that revolt that took place? Exactly. I think Laviolette has done something smart by keeping the environment loose and fun for the first year players and I'm sure some of the veterans are enjoying the run and gun that's being used. The only reason it looks so bad is because nobody expected Bryzgalov to be as terrible as he has been.
The only reason it looks bad is because it is bad.

I think you're reaching. There are 60 minutes in a game whether you play pond hockey or a lock. Getting rookies acclimated to an irresponsible brand of hockey makes no sense. Veterans want to win, not relive their olden days of shinny at the local rink.

If the "system" isn't winning games against good teams because of Bryzgalov well then it is the coach's job to adapt.

JXC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 03:13 PM
  #153
MsWoof
Registered User
 
MsWoof's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,106
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16 View Post
Actually, it's pretty genius to be playing run and gun hockey. Everyone gets into the lineup, everyone gets ice time and more important, the first year players get acclimated to the game much quicker. When it comes time to clamp down, the chances are there won't be a revolt like there was under Hitchcock. Remember that revolt that took place? Exactly. I think Laviolette has done something smart by keeping the environment loose and fun for the first year players and I'm sure some of the veterans are enjoying the run and gun that's being used. The only reason it looks so bad is because nobody expected Bryzgalov to be as terrible as he has been.
I hate run and gun hockey because there is no attention paid to defense. The games are incredibly sloppy and all you get is turnovers. There hasn't been any kind of clamping down and this is the time of year you need that. If anything, the sloppiness has gotten worse since January.

MsWoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 04:05 PM
  #154
PJStock*
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Whitehorse, Yukon
Country: Canada
Posts: 562
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsWoof View Post
I hate run and gun hockey because there is no attention paid to defense. The games are incredibly sloppy and all you get is turnovers. There hasn't been any kind of clamping down and this is the time of year you need that. If anything, the sloppiness has gotten worse since January.
You must adore L.A Kings hockey then

PJStock* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2012, 07:02 AM
  #155
JXC
#LaviPondHockeyFail
 
JXC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Country: United States
Posts: 13,890
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
Notice WHO I'm "moaning" about. Let me spell it out carefully for you: It isn't the ****ing rookies. It's the vets who were supposed to be stepping up and aren't. Coburn...Carle...Bryz...Briere...Giroux. Etc.
You said this TEAM is performing as expected. I then asked why you moan and wail so much in GDTs if this is what you expected.

Stop changing the subject.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
And yeah. That is how it works. Lavi did a great job getting the most out of the rookies. However, there's this concept you might have heard of once or twice: The rookie wall. Our guys have hit it. It's an issue. There is not a single coach on earth that can overcome it without using witchcraft or illegal substances.
So when the rookies were going well, it was Lavi handling them well. But now they've slowed. And there is no witchcraft.

Got it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
Now...question: Why is it that suddenly you consider coaching to be so important? I thought it was no big deal. Are you bitter that your little favorite was fired?
Now...question: Why is it that suddenly you consider coaching to be so unimportant? I thought it was a big deal. Are you bitter that your little favorite is failing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
Who do you propose should take Lavi's place?
No one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
Who would do a better job with a young group loaded with rookies, who lost Pronger and have to deal with a bad goaltender?
Stop making excuses, for heaven's sake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
Why do you refuse to answer that question?
Because it's a dumb question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
Is it because you know you're wrong?
Wrong about what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
Or is it because you have no answer and you're just trolling everyone here?
Because it's a dumb question.

JXC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2012, 10:06 AM
  #156
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor
 
Beef Invictus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Centreville
Country: Lord Howe Island
Posts: 38,958
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JXC View Post
You said this TEAM is performing as expected. I then asked why you moan and wail so much in GDTs if this is what you expected.

Stop changing the subject.
I never changed the subject. I addressed what you said. This statement makes zero sense.



Quote:
So when the rookies were going well, it was Lavi handling them well. But now they've slowed. And there is no witchcraft.

Got it
That's what happens to rookies. They get tired. No coach can stop it in the long run unless the rookie is a phenom. While they were still fresh he got good results out of them. That's good coaching!



Quote:
Now...question: Why is it that suddenly you consider coaching to be so unimportant? I thought it was a big deal. Are you bitter that your little favorite is failing?
I have no attachment to Lavi. If he were fired right now I wouldn't shed any tears. However, I would wonder what Holmgren is thinking; See, coaching is important. Lavi has been a very good coach and has truly made the most of a very difficult situation. He isn't failing at all, you just want to pretend he is and you can't provide any real concrete proof that he's failing. You're just trying to piss people off.



Quote:
No one.
So you have no solution or alternative, and every time you speak several people prove you incorrect. Maybe you should give up.



Quote:
Stop making excuses, for heaven's sake.
Nobody is making any excuses. We are, however, giving you reasons he is doing well. However, you can't do anything to disprove those points so you ignore them, change the topic, or try to trivialize them by saying something like "b-b-b-b-but rookies." Congratulations, you haven't proven anything and in the process you make yourself out to be an immature child who isn't worth debating with because you don't know anything.



Quote:
Because it's a dumb question.
Because you have no answer and you're most likely either throwing a mindless tantrum over nothing, or you're just out to annoy people.



Quote:
Wrong about what?
Just about everything you've said.





Quote:
Because it's a dumb question.
Haha, fantastic. When backed into a corner, this is your go-to response; dodge the question, avoid answering it, and attack the question instead. You've made it thoroughly clear that you have very little to say which is worth listening to, you apparently have no point, you have no alternatives or solutions, and when confronted you essentially break eye contact and vigorously dodge challenges to your weak arguments. Your posts in this thread most resemble a child throwing a tantrum; you spew a bunch of crap, it gets refuted, and then you attempt to trivialize the response instead of actually addressing it. Wonderful, thanks for wasting all of our time.

Edit: JXC, you simply have no credibility in any coaching argument. You think that Stevens is a good coach, and Lavi is a bad one. That's pretty much all that needs to be pointed out to discount anything you have to say about who is or isn't a competent coach.

__________________
Down in the basement, I've got a Craftsman lathe. Show it to the children when they misbehave.

Last edited by Beef Invictus: 03-01-2012 at 10:14 AM.
Beef Invictus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2012, 10:48 AM
  #157
JXC
#LaviPondHockeyFail
 
JXC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Country: United States
Posts: 13,890
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
I never changed the subject. I addressed what you said.
Yes, you did. You said you didn't expect much from the team. I said that seems odd given how exercised you get when they fail. You then changed the subject to inidividual players.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
That's what happens to rookies. They get tired. No coach can stop it in the long run unless the rookie is a phenom. While they were still fresh he got good results out of them. That's good coaching!
How convenient for you.

It reminds me of days of yore when all bad things were attributed to the coach, and all good things to something or someone else.

Except, you know, in reverse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
He isn't failing at all, you just want to pretend he is and you can't provide any real concrete proof that he's failing.
I don't need to. All you need do is look at the results - inconsistent effort and results.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
You're just trying to piss people off.
No I'm not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
So you have no solution or alternative, and every time you speak several people prove you incorrect.
I think Lavi is lackluster. And his team's system and style sucks.

That's my opinion. That cannot be proven incorrect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
Nobody is making any excuses.
The Pronger absense is an excuse. The lacking goaltending is an excuse. The rookies are an excuse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
Because you have no answer and you're most likely either throwing a mindless tantrum over nothing, or you're just out to annoy people.

Haha, fantastic. When backed into a corner, this is your go-to response; dodge the question, avoid answering it, and attack the question instead.
"Who should replace him?" is a dumb question because I never said he should be replaced.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
Your posts in this thread most resemble a child throwing a tantrum; you spew a bunch of crap, it gets refuted, and then you attempt to trivialize the response instead of actually addressing it. Wonderful, thanks for wasting all of our time.

Edit: JXC, you simply have no credibility in any coaching argument. You think that Stevens is a good coach, and Lavi is a bad one. That's pretty much all that needs to be pointed out to discount anything you have to say about who is or isn't a competent coach.
Not biting.


Last edited by JXC: 03-01-2012 at 10:58 AM.
JXC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2012, 10:57 AM
  #158
Kaktus*
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: PA
Posts: 22,389
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsWoof View Post
He is facing a ton of angry people here in Toronto right now. Just because he was extended doesn't mean he can't get fired. See: Carlyle, Randy.
So when Toronto fans are not angry?

It's not like Burke did anything to improve his hockey club and Leafs goaltending sucks. Same goes for D. L.Schenn and Komisarek are disaster when they play. The rest are average with exception of Jake.

Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 08:34 PM
  #159
achdumeingute
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: NorCal
Posts: 2,262
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsWoof View Post
He is facing a ton of angry people here in Toronto right now. Just because he was extended doesn't mean he can't get fired. See: Carlyle, Randy.
And thats what happened.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=389346

Dangit, I liked Carlyle as an option.

achdumeingute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2012, 08:37 PM
  #160
Totally Radivojevic
Registered User
 
Totally Radivojevic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 973
vCash: 500
I guess Lavy gets to stay now that Bryz can stop a puck, right JXC?

Totally Radivojevic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2012, 07:09 AM
  #161
G Money
Registered User
 
G Money's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Sudbury
Country: Canada
Posts: 294
vCash: 500
with all the injuries we have had i praise lavi for the job he has done

G Money is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2012, 10:58 PM
  #162
NewYorkFlyerFan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Western New York
Country: United States
Posts: 654
vCash: 500
Not saying he should win the Jack Adams but he should at least get some consideration. Considering the roster turnover, injuries, amount of rookies that have played, crappy goaltending for a large part of the year and playing in the toughest division in hockey, he's done a great job.

NewYorkFlyerFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2012, 11:26 PM
  #163
Go For It
Registered User
 
Go For It's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Collegeville, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 4,129
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkFlyerFan View Post
Not saying he should win the Jack Adams but he should at least get some consideration. Considering the roster turnover, injuries, amount of rookies that have played, crappy goaltending for a large part of the year and playing in the toughest division in hockey, he's done a great job.
He should, but that award is Hitchcock's AINEC.

Go For It is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2012, 11:49 PM
  #164
NewYorkFlyerFan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Western New York
Country: United States
Posts: 654
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Go For It View Post
He should, but that award is Hitchcock's AINEC.
Oh I know. I'm just saying he's not even on the radar when it's being discussed. That's all I'm saying. The job he's done had kinda gone unnoticed

NewYorkFlyerFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2012, 12:11 AM
  #165
Amateur Hour
Registered User
 
Amateur Hour's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Negadelphia
Posts: 6,507
vCash: 500
Oh, JXC, come out and plaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyy....

Amateur Hour is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:36 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.