HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

2-28-12 Preds @ Hurricanes (Here come the new guys)

Old
03-01-2012, 09:29 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoneGuy View Post
Read somewhere (the fishwrap, I think) that Lindy was visibly upset after the game, said he wouldn't hardly talk to the media or his teammates. Pissed about his play, the play of his teammates, or both? My guess is both.
the real unfortunate thing is that he's essentially killed his once-high trade value, should we want to move him this summer. he's really had a rotten season, overall.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2012, 09:45 AM
Adz

I recall one time when Vokoun was dissatisfied with his play--he sent himself to the minors. "I sit on bus." (Or something similar.) I can't remember for sure but seems like he was backup to Dunham at the time. It really did him a lot of good. I think the key is knowing that it is your own responsibility to improve. There may have been valid reasons for not getting a save that results in a goal, but ultimately it is the goalie's job to stop the puck.

Lindback has to take control and fix the problems. If his teammates aren't helping him out, he must tell them what he needs for them to do...and when. If he isn't seeing the puck well, he needs to figure out if he needs contacts or if his hair is getting in the way (ha! That happened to Logan--he had this long shock of hair on one side of his face because it was oh, so cool, and couldn't see the puck from that direction. Once he figured it out, the hair got tucked away.)

He's the one getting paid the big bucks...he needs to fix the problems.

Soon.

Adz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2012, 10:21 AM
token grinder

it wouldn't have been the worst thing to send him down a few weeks when e knew pekka was going to start every game. hindsight is 20/20 I guess.

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2012, 10:29 AM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by token grinder View Post
it wouldn't have been the worst thing to send him down a few weeks when e knew pekka was going to start every game. hindsight is 20/20 I guess.
I agree. i know they sent him down for a couple of games but I think he needed to start 6 or 8 in a short period...

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2012, 09:39 PM
klt2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiralyPred View Post
Yeah you are right it Was Fisher. I also noticed Weber pretty pissed about it I think also. I was just curious if there was a hit or something I missed. Camera man didn't notice til it was about over and didn't even show the instance in question. Oh well...

Found this posted on another fansite I go to which would explain the Mike scuffle at the end if true:

Quote:
Probably so...since Mike was in the penalty box as well...just about the whole team was in the penalty box tonite. Hope Gaustad (or however you spell it) injury is ok and he can practice with the team as well before the next game so they can all get used to each other. Someone tweeted that that Canes player grabbed Mike's head and shoved him down by the head.

Last edited by klt2001: 03-01-2012 at 09:45 PM.
klt2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 09:39 AM
token grinder

well, fishers helmet didn't come off by itself, soooooooo

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote