HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Jarome Iginla & Miikka Kiprusroff (at the NHL Entry Draft)

Old
03-01-2012, 04:53 AM
boredmale

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Medium Rare View Post
Fair enough, not sure where else he might waive to go. Maybe the Islanders? He would have a level of anonymity and the team should continue to improve.
Only way I trade for Bryz if I am the Islanders if they take Dipietro back(so they can place him in the ECHL and let him rot till he retires). Contract wise there salaries and length of deal is similar(Bryz has 8 years remaining getting paid 41M, Dipietro 9 years 40.5M)

All that being said I am guessing Philly will be one of those teams pushing for an amnesty clause in the next CBA

boredmale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2012, 09:49 AM
Johnny Hoxville
Formerly MVW

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by mercury View Post
I would imagine JVR and a 1st would be the most logical starting points. What would Flames fans consider their top needs? This seems too big for a 3-team deal, but it would need to be in essence, because there is no way the Flyers could have Kipper and Bryz eating up $11.5 million in cap space. Is there a team closer to the floor that needs a goalie? Holmgren won't give up any pieces to ditch Bryz's contract.
I posted this deal on the main boards not long ago, the difference in cap was about 700k.

To Calgary:
JVR
Schenn
Bryz

To Philly:
Iggy
Kipper
Nemisz

Johnny Hoxville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2012, 09:58 AM
Rush519

IMO this ia exactly what calgary needs to do. Im sure CAL fans would not like to see them go, but i think people are under valueing someone like kipper or iggy. If you trade those two players you can get quite a bit back to START the rebuild. but it just seems that calgary has too many middle-overage underachievers, and would have to trade a lot of people like Joki and tanguay

Rush519 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2012, 11:15 AM
jtommyt

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVW View Post
I posted this deal on the main boards not long ago, the difference in cap was about 700k.

To Calgary:
JVR
Schenn
Bryz

To Philly:
Iggy
Kipper
Nemisz
What kind of feedback did you get? I actually like this a lot.

jtommyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2012, 11:29 AM
Johnny Hoxville
Formerly MVW

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtommyt View Post
What kind of feedback did you get? I actually like this a lot.
Alot of Philly posters said they don't like it, some Flames posters said we would be giving to much. Fans of neither team thought the value was actually really fair. Personally, I would do this in a second.

Johnny Hoxville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2012, 01:08 PM
mercury

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVW View Post
Alot of Philly posters said they don't like it, some Flames posters said we would be giving to much. Fans of neither team thought the value was actually really fair. Personally, I would do this in a second.
Some Flyers fans are really convinced there will be an amnesty clause in the next CBA, which makes them uneasy with giving up anything of value in a deal that would send Bryzgalov out. Others will bring out the pitchforks (or, since it's Philly, tire irons, batteries, broken beer bottles, and flaming trashcans) for any deal involving JVR AND Schenn. That being said, Couturier has more value to the Flyers at the moment, and JVR's new deal (at $4.25 million per) kicks in next year. I think the team would be better for the next year or two, but would it be enough to make a serious run at the Cup, considering how much older we'd get? And what happens if JVR rounds into form? I'd have to think about this one. Can Nemisz play LW effectively? I would imagine Holmgren would re-sign Voracek and let Jagr walk, unless he were to come back at a pay cut. And may we interest you in a Jody Shelley to sweeten this deal?

Hartnell-Giroux-Iginla
Read-Briere-Simmonds
Nemisz-Couturier-Voracek
Talbot-UFA-Rinaldo
Sestito

Timonen-Coburn
Meszaros-Grossman
Kubina/UFA-Bourdon
Lilja

Kipper
Bob

Not bad. Nice mix of veterans and younger guys at forward, D looks solid and deep (but could SO use a healthy Pronger), and we'd have good goaltending for two years, at least. I'd love to see Hovinen progress into an NHL'er, given his insane size.

mercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2012, 01:58 PM
bananaz

I liked the Stl - Cgy proposal deal. Realistic (imo) and simple.

Stl: Jarome Iginla + Ryan Howse
Cgy: Chris Stewart + Ty Rattie + 1st in 2012

bananaz is offline   Reply With Quote