HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#63|Mar. 1, 2012|Islanders at Flyers|7:00 p.m. ET

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-01-2012, 08:14 AM
  #26
Hockeypete49
How you like me now!
 
Hockeypete49's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: South Jersey
Country: Isle of Man
Posts: 4,537
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishna View Post
After his last performance he definitely deserves it..
He seems to thrive on a more active work load. I would keep starting him in goal. The Flyers always seem to be flat on the 1st game back on home ice after a long road trip. I hope tonight is not the case.

Hockeypete49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2012, 08:18 AM
  #27
Krishna
Registered User
 
Krishna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: Canada
Posts: 82,065
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeypete49 View Post
He seems to thrive on a more active work load. I would keep starting him in goal. The Flyers always seem to be flat on the 1st game back on home ice after a long road trip. I hope tonight is not the case.
This was one of my complaints earlier in the year when Bryz and Bob were constantly flip flopped

Krishna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2012, 09:18 AM
  #28
bennysflyers16
Registered User
 
bennysflyers16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Winnipeg
Posts: 17,109
vCash: 500
Flyers 5 - Jagr, Simmer, JVR (2) , Read
Isels 0

Bryz with the shutout

bennysflyers16 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2012, 09:25 AM
  #29
Krishna
Registered User
 
Krishna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: Canada
Posts: 82,065
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennysflyers16 View Post
Flyers 5 - Jagr, Simmer, JVR (2) , Read
Isels 0

Bryz with the shutout
Somewhat close prediction :

Flyers 6 Islanders 1

JVR's best game this year and ends up getting 4 points and 3 goals..
Briere gets a goal
Simmonds gets a goal on the PP on a rebound
Read breaks his scoring drought with a wrist shot from the slot

Islander's goal by Parenteau

Krishna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2012, 09:30 AM
  #30
Kaktus*
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: PA
Posts: 22,389
vCash: 500
Briere and Read are overdue. Even Bryzgalov had two good games.

Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2012, 09:41 AM
  #31
Jtown
Registered User
 
Jtown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Fairfax, Virginia
Posts: 10,995
vCash: 500
This is pretty much " must win" especially with our incredibly difficult schedule coming up.

Jtown is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2012, 09:45 AM
  #32
ORYX
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,474
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyerfan4life View Post
i wanna see Bob start...

and not see us start the game down a goal or two early..

that would be nice for a change
Why dick around with a good thing? Bryz has played well the last couple starts and is making some strides. Why not let him build off his performance in San Jose?

IMO thats a part of the goaltending problem, they never get enough starts to get anything going before flipping to the other guy.

Even if he has a bad game, you throw him back out there to figure it out. Sitting the bench doesnt help you get out of a funk, playing will.

ORYX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2012, 09:46 AM
  #33
kudymen
4, 15, 38 and 63
 
kudymen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Atlanta (Decatur)
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 3,193
vCash: 500
Hope we'll crush them by at least 5 goal difference

kudymen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2012, 09:50 AM
  #34
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars
 
MiamiScreamingEagles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 39,967
vCash: 971
Briere is skating. Lines are disjointed which probably means they are running some sort of drills, pairs, etc.

MiamiScreamingEagles is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2012, 09:58 AM
  #35
Krishna
Registered User
 
Krishna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: Canada
Posts: 82,065
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ORYX View Post
Why dick around with a good thing? Bryz has played well the last couple starts and is making some strides. Why not let him build off his performance in San Jose?

IMO thats a part of the goaltending problem, they never get enough starts to get anything going before flipping to the other guy.

Even if he has a bad game, you throw him back out there to figure it out. Sitting the bench doesnt help you get out of a funk, playing will.
Been saying that since about Late november/early december

Krishna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2012, 10:07 AM
  #36
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars
 
MiamiScreamingEagles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 39,967
vCash: 971
Based on the morning skate, Bryzgalov is starting tonight.

MiamiScreamingEagles is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2012, 10:12 AM
  #37
Krishna
Registered User
 
Krishna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: Canada
Posts: 82,065
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiScreamingEagles View Post
Based on the morning skate, Bryzgalov is starting tonight.

Krishna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2012, 10:21 AM
  #38
Kaktus*
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: PA
Posts: 22,389
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiScreamingEagles View Post
Based on the morning skate, Bryzgalov is starting tonight.
DA!!

Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2012, 10:44 AM
  #39
RJ8812
Gunner Stahl #9
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Sudbury
Country: Canada
Posts: 25,530
vCash: 500
I want us to absolutely dominate them...6-1 or something

AND

I want a brawl ala Pens/Isles last year

we're overdue

RJ8812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2012, 10:57 AM
  #40
Unstable
Registered User
 
Unstable's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Exiled in NoVA
Country: United States
Posts: 4,110
vCash: 500
Yay back from stupid west coast road trip.

I like Bryz starting, he needs all the starts he can get now.

Gogogadgetoffense!

Unstable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2012, 11:09 AM
  #41
PHILOUDELPHIA
Registered User
 
PHILOUDELPHIA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: PHILADELPHIA
Posts: 643
vCash: 500
for some reson bryz just needs to get off to better starts. That was his achillies heal in the flames sharks game. I mean after that first goal to sharks, it was a great goalie preformance.

Niemmi for some reason decides to play like a SC goalie against us.

I think its time to start a new 17 game home win streak vs NYI.

They just need to come out and kick the chit out of islanders.

Our D is starting to play better, the new additions are nice.

I think they just needed time to gel and get the chemistry working.

this will be kubina first home game right? as well as grossman

PHILOUDELPHIA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2012, 11:11 AM
  #42
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars
 
MiamiScreamingEagles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 39,967
vCash: 971
Quote:
Originally Posted by PHILOUDELPHIA View Post
for some reson bryz just needs to get off to better starts. That was his achillies heal in the flames sharks game. I mean after that first goal to sharks, it was a great goalie preformance.

Niemmi for some reason decides to play like a SC goalie against us.

I think its time to start a new 17 game home win streak vs NYI.

They just need to come out and kick the chit out of islanders.

Our D is starting to play better, the new additions are nice.

I think they just needed time to gel and get the chemistry working.

this will be kubina first home game right? as well as grossman
First home game for Kubina.

Grossman played in Philly vs. Pittsburgh.

MiamiScreamingEagles is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2012, 11:19 AM
  #43
Cuiff
Registered User
 
Cuiff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Abington (Philly)
Country: Italy
Posts: 2,451
vCash: 500
Another shutout loss!

Cuiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2012, 11:36 AM
  #44
BWAVgal
The Mockingjay lives
 
BWAVgal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Norristown, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,369
vCash: 500
We win.

BWAVgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2012, 11:43 AM
  #45
Spongolium*
Potato Magician
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Bridgend,UK
Country: Wales
Posts: 8,653
vCash: 500
JVR and Giroux like playing against the isles. So does a certain jaromir jagr.

Spongolium* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2012, 11:53 AM
  #46
BernieParent
Registered User
 
BernieParent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,247
vCash: 500
Laviolette needs to toss down the gauntlet for this team to not play down to the Islanders. Something like "Everyone who records a point doesn't get punched in the back of the head on the bench." The Islanders should be a perfect opponent to work on all aspects of their game:
  • Defense: Shut down Tavares and Parenteau; block out the shooters in the slot
  • Offense: Exploit the Islanders' 3rd and 4th lines, and make Nabokov not look like Tretiak
  • Goaltending: See defense; no weak goals
  • Overall: start strong and sustain pressure for 60 minutes

BernieParent is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2012, 12:00 PM
  #47
Krishna
Registered User
 
Krishna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: Canada
Posts: 82,065
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BernieParent View Post
Laviolette needs to toss down the gauntlet for this team to not play down to the Islanders. Something like "Everyone who records a point doesn't get punched in the back of the head on the bench." The Islanders should be a perfect opponent to work on all aspects of their game:
  • Defense: Shut down Tavares and Parenteau; block out the shooters in the slot
  • Offense: Exploit the Islanders' 3rd and 4th lines, and make Nabokov not look like Tretiak
  • Goaltending: See defense; no weak goals
  • Overall: start strong and sustain pressure for 60 minutes

Krishna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2012, 12:07 PM
  #48
chimrichalds18
the key
 
chimrichalds18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 2,772
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishna View Post
Amazing

chimrichalds18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2012, 12:10 PM
  #49
BernieParent
Registered User
 
BernieParent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,247
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by chimrichalds18 View Post
Amazing
Leino is just lucky Laviolette didn't want the Flyers skaters to flip the puck out of the playing surface.

BernieParent is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2012, 12:24 PM
  #50
Prongo
Beer
 
Prongo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 14,011
vCash: 500
Kimmo Timonen needs to register one point for 500 in his career. Hopefully it comes tonight

Prongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:20 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.