HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Notices

Is Michalek the new Fisher?

Old
02-29-2012, 05:29 PM
Ice-Tray

vCash: 500
Michalek is the better player.

Ice-Tray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 05:42 PM
HSF

1. Michalek is bigger
2. Michalek stands infront of the net that is why he scores so much

Fisher didnt have those two things going for him

HSF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 06:05 PM
Stylizer1
BoomBapOriginalRap

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by robsenz View Post
I would take Fisher over Michalek anyday. Fisher is a more complete player but where he lacks in finishing, is where Michalek excels comparatively.
I look at Fisher as the type of player that when the coach says do something he does and does with all of his effort. The effort makes up for some of the lack of skill.

Where Michalek lacks in all out effort he makes up for with skill/speed. His speed makes up for his lack of intensity

Fisher's Hockey IQ didn't match what we needed on the 2nd line as a center. Though Michalek compliments Spezza's IQ MM is on par with Fisher's IQ overall they are both head down and go kind of players.

Really though, With the way Spezza and Karlsson are playing Michalek is benefiting more playing with them than they with him. The thing about the Pizza line was that everybody scored goals and assists and complimented each other. Even though MM is good i think he is the weak link when it comes to our offense reaching its full potential.

Stylizer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 07:57 PM
Stick To Your Guns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stylizer1 View Post
I look at Fisher as the type of player that when the coach says do something he does and does with all of his effort. The effort makes up for some of the lack of skill.

Where Michalek lacks in all out effort he makes up for with skill/speed. His speed makes up for his lack of intensity

Fisher's Hockey IQ didn't match what we needed on the 2nd line as a center. Though Michalek compliments Spezza's IQ MM is on par with Fisher's IQ overall they are both head down and go kind of players.

Really though, With the way Spezza and Karlsson are playing Michalek is benefiting more playing with them than they with him. The thing about the Pizza line was that everybody scored goals and assists and complimented each other. Even though MM is good i think he is the weak link when it comes to our offense reaching its full potential.
Really? Michalek is one of the most intense players on the team, he gives 100 percent every shift. Do you even watch him play?

Stick To Your Guns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2012, 11:05 AM
Magix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stick To Your Guns View Post
Really? Michalek is one of the most intense players on the team, he gives 100 percent every shift. Do you even watch him play?
Agreed, michalek is simply a better player then fisher. He works just as hard, I just guess since he plays on the wing people don't notice it as much. Anyway He is on the verge of hitting 30 for the first time in his career and if he didn't get freak knee injuries he would be a multiple 30 goal scorer.

Only thing fisher has on michalek is physicality and being a little bit better on D.

Magix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2012, 12:22 PM
Beville
#ForTheBoys

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSF View Post
1. Michalek is bigger
2. Michalek stands infront of the net that is why he scores so much

Fisher didnt have those two things going for him
Well, let's ask Carrie

Beville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2012, 12:51 PM
FolignoQuantumLeap
A mad Mup

Michalek is better than Fisher at first glance but then when you consider that he's a winger that actually plays well with Spezza, there's not really any comparison. Michalek is much more valuable. Plus, we have Turris on the second line, which is imo a better fit in Maclean's system.

I like that the old debate used to be Fisher > Spezza and now its downgraded to Fisher > Michalek. I guess some people won't give up their holy crusade.

FolignoQuantumLeap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2012, 01:01 PM
Legend Killer

vCash: 1263
Quote:
Originally Posted by FolignoQuantumLeap View Post
Michalek is better than Fisher at first glance but then when you consider that he's a winger that actually plays well with Spezza, there's not really any comparison. Michalek is much more valuable. Plus, we have Turris on the second line, which is imo a better fit in Maclean's system.

I like that the old debate used to be Fisher > Spezza and now its downgraded to Fisher > Michalek. I guess some people won't give up their holy crusade.
I think people used to get way too excited about Fisher's aggressive play and the times he looked dominant physically... Spezza would slump and everyone would jump on the "Fisher is better" train... They arent even close to comparable...

There are alot of similarities in Fisher & Michalek tho and thats why they are compared... Strong, fast, physical players with limited vision who almost dominate at times...

Legend Killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2012, 06:12 PM
Stylizer1
BoomBapOriginalRap

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend Killer View Post

There are alot of similarities in Fisher & Michalek tho and thats why they are compared... Strong, fast, physical players with limited vision who almost dominate at times...
This.

also, slumping

Stylizer1 is offline   Reply With Quote