HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

Leafs against the habs.....LETS BREAK THIS STREAK!

Closed Thread

Old
03-01-2012, 03:56 PM
TheDream

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by One Man Wolfpack View Post
I WANT A WIN!!!! Just because its the Habs......THEN TANK AWAY!!!
Would you rather beat the habs for the remainder of the games against them? OR lose and get a better pick then them which would potentially allow us to beat them continuously for several years down the road

Im all in right now for tank nation! Every loss gets me more pumped! SHOW THE HABS WE ARE BETTER AT LOSING THEN THEY ARE!

Old
03-01-2012, 03:58 PM
Leafsfan81

Knowing our luck Burke would trade our first for chris Neil at the draft... No tank nation.. Let's win this!!

Old
03-01-2012, 04:00 PM
Pheasant the peasant
Lupul Fan

Would like to see a win. I am not on the tank train, but if the tailspin is much longer there may not be a reason to hate the losses.

Old
03-01-2012, 04:01 PM
Nickolopolous

Honestly, I'm all in for a tank as well. As much as it pains me to cheer against the team I love, I have to be realistic with myself. The chances of securing sixth place are, at this point, almost nil. With that in mind, looking at our record and/or how we stack up against teams like Boston, NYR, Philly et cetera, there really is little sense in squeaking into 7th or 8th place (as unlikely as that is, at this point). We might as well lose, and lose big. Not only will that secure us a decent draft pick, but it will show Burke (again) that we are very weak in a lot of areas and need change—significant change.

Old
03-01-2012, 04:13 PM
Thee Implication
Gaaaaary Roberts!

vCash: 891
I really don't want to watch another game

Old
03-01-2012, 04:16 PM
Suntouchable13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickolopolous View Post
Honestly, I'm all in for a tank as well. As much as it pains me to cheer against the team I love, I have to be realistic with myself. The chances of securing sixth place are, at this point, almost nil. With that in mind, looking at our record and/or how we stack up against teams like Boston, NYR, Philly et cetera, there really is little sense in squeaking into 7th or 8th place (as unlikely as that is, at this point). We might as well lose, and lose big. Not only will that secure us a decent draft pick, but it will show Burke (again) that we are very weak in a lot of areas and need change—significant change.
It will be a stage in the development of these guys. Fine, if you want to cheer for the opposition how about please go over on their board and cheer for the Habs there? These guys need a win right now, we need to be behind them. People abandon their team for some 18 year old kid that they don't know yet. Isn't that ridiculous?

Old
03-01-2012, 04:16 PM
Crispy Crust

vCash: 570
Must lose game. Work hard again but lose. If the Habs win tonight, they could potentially be within 3 points behind us by nights end on Saturday.

Old
03-01-2012, 04:17 PM
tacoburrito

vCash: 50
we're gonna get creamed!!!

Old
03-01-2012, 04:18 PM
Phion Keneuf
Top Dawg Ent.

We have to lose this. This could seperate us from getting a 2nd/3rd line C and a legit 1st line C

Let the habs win this one, then we could win the next 40 for the next following seasons.

Old
03-01-2012, 04:21 PM
tacoburrito

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phion Keneuf View Post
We have to lose this. This could seperate us from getting a 2nd/3rd line C and a legit 1st line C

Let the habs win this one, then we could win the next 40 for the next following seasons.
tank commander wilson will get it done

Old
03-01-2012, 04:22 PM
Pi

vCash: 100
Just beat the Habs and then continue marching towards oblivion and in the end a good pick.

Though I'm seriously not going to be bummed if we lose..this team needs a good player.

Old
03-01-2012, 04:26 PM
Crispy Crust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pi View Post
Just beat the Habs and then continue marching towards oblivion and in the end a good pick.

Though I'm seriously not going to be bummed if we lose..this team needs a good player.
We have the Bruins, Pens, Flyers, and Capitals after the Habs game. We got this on lockdown.

Old
03-01-2012, 04:30 PM
Polk High

Best guess from anyone who starts. From Burkes comments it's going to be Reimer. If it were up to me and I wanted playoffs I give Gustavsson the next few starts. I dont hate Reimer I just think he's way to fragile at the moment.

Old
03-01-2012, 04:31 PM
The Viper
Legolas

vCash: 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crispy Crust View Post
We have the Bruins, Pens, Flyers, and Capitals after the Habs game. We got this on lockdown.
those will be awesome losses

Old
03-01-2012, 04:33 PM
Jake Gardiner
He's everywhere!

TANK NATION!!!
The leafs wanna play like garbage, im not impressed, and im frustrated by the "effort" they put in every game. I highly doubt the leafs win on saturday lol no way.

I want a better draft pick the leafs ****ed up again and slumped, and will miss the playoffs again

Old
03-01-2012, 04:33 PM
The Viper
Legolas

vCash: 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2plus50equalsCup View Post
Best guess from anyone who starts. From Burkes comments it's going to be Reimer. If it were up to me and I wanted playoffs I give Gustavsson the next few starts. I dont hate Reimer I just think he's way to fragile at the moment.
Reimer is having a tough year, he'll bounce back next season

Old
03-01-2012, 04:40 PM
Aplayaz2000

i predict a lose

wrong, i predict a win this time

Old
03-01-2012, 04:40 PM
TonsofPuppies*
#ThePriceIsRight

Habs or not, tank. Tank. TANK. Hoping for a Montreal victory. Prediction is 4-1 Habs.

Old
03-01-2012, 04:46 PM
Crispy Crust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Someguy View Post
Habs or not, tank. Tank. TANK. Hoping for a Montreal victory. Prediction is 4-1 Habs.
I am kind of hoping the Leafs dominate the play but the Habs score 2 flukey ass goals to win 2-1.

Old
03-01-2012, 04:47 PM
TML4eva*

Tanking can wait. LETS GO LEAFS WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO LET'S **** UP THE HABS HATE LOSING AGAINST THEM!! GLG GLG GLG GLG GLG WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO **** YOU HABS!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

E'rite gunners?

Old
03-01-2012, 04:48 PM
JMcLeaf
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Pretty strange times when Habs fans are cheering for the Leafs and Leafs fans are cheering for the Habs.

Old
03-01-2012, 04:50 PM
Bleed Blue and White

I'm tired of this, I really am. I just want to be able to cheer for my team again, to participate in playoff hockey again. I didn't think that was too onerous a demand but clearly it is. Despite the fact that we probably won't make the playoffs again and while a high draft pick appeals to me, I cannot bring myself to applaud a loss at any point. Call me insane but that's how I feel. Come on boys!! Let's start winning again!!

Old
03-01-2012, 04:51 PM
Nickolopolous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suntouchable13 View Post
It will be a stage in the development of these guys. Fine, if you want to cheer for the opposition how about please go over on their board and cheer for the Habs there? These guys need a win right now, we need to be behind them. People abandon their team for some 18 year old kid that they don't know yet. Isn't that ridiculous?
You've got a point. Playoff experience is important. But, at the same time, I'm not sure that being creamed four games in a row will help the team as much as you think it will, down the line. Also, the chances of drafting an impact player in the top five are very high. We need that and if I can choose between four-and-out, 9th place and a top five pick, I'll choose the top five pick. That being said, I know my argument is a bit flawed, as I make it seem like the three options I note are the only three possibilities. What I'm saying is that if we go on a run, I don't see it turning out well; I see us missing the playoffs, or performing very poorly in the playoffs. I do, however, see the opportunity of fall into the top five as a strong possibility.

Old
03-01-2012, 04:53 PM
TML g u n n e R s*
EDC 2013

Send a message via MSN to TML g u n n e R s* Send a message via Yahoo to TML g u n n e R s* Send a message via Skype™ to TML g u n n e R s*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazem Kadri View Post
Tanking can wait. LETS GO LEAFS WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO LET'S **** UP THE HABS HATE LOSING AGAINST THEM!! GLG GLG GLG GLG GLG WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO **** YOU HABS!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

E'rite gunners?
spot on

Old
03-01-2012, 04:53 PM
Crispy Crust

Suk for yuk!!

Closed Thread