HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Notices

Scott Clemmensen Contract?

Old
03-01-2012, 05:44 PM
Tyler Durden

vCash: 500
Scott Clemmensen Contract?

How many years after this season does he have left on his contract? How much is he making per season?

Tyler Durden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2012, 05:54 PM
Panthers are Red
Why so sad?

I believe this is the final year of his contract and he is making about $1.5m although I don't know if that is his cap hit or not.

Panthers are Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2012, 05:55 PM
StrangeVision
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 117
http://nhlnumbers.com/

http://www.capgeek.com/

StrangeVision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2012, 07:04 PM
GernBlanston

http://www.capgeek.com/players/display.php?id=802

This is the final year of his contract and he will be a UFA on July 1.
<edit>
Cap hit for this year was $1.2M

GernBlanston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2012, 07:32 PM
p9ers

Markstrom has a backup or we resign Clem or someone else?

p9ers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2012, 07:34 PM
GernBlanston

Quote:
Originally Posted by p9ers View Post
Markstrom has a backup or we resign Clem or someone else?
I think Marky and Theo split time in goal next year. I don't see the need to resign Clemmer, even though I like him as a backup. I think the future is now.

GernBlanston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2012, 11:28 PM
nhlfan9191

Quote:
Originally Posted by GernBlanston View Post
I think Marky and Theo split time in goal next year. I don't see the need to resign Clemmer, even though I like him as a backup. I think the future is now.
Markstrom can't stay healthy so we'll need a cheap backup as insurance. Clemmenson grew on me but if there's anybody else available via free agency, I would sign them instead. If Marky can prove he can stay healthy, he'll get his chance next year forsure.

nhlfan9191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 02:54 AM
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth

Quote:
Originally Posted by GernBlanston View Post
Pretty much a given.

adam graves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 11:04 AM
Fader

I really hope we go to free agency or trade. Not a big fan of Theo or Clem but big props to both for getting us where we are. I just don't think either of them are the guys who will bring us all the way. Fingers crossed that Markstrom can stay band-aid free.

Fader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 01:41 PM
Erick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fader View Post
I really hope we go to free agency or trade. Not a big fan of Theo or Clem but big props to both for getting us where we are. I just don't think either of them are the guys who will bring us all the way. Fingers crossed that Markstrom can stay band-aid free.
Jose Theodore has given this team Vezina-caliber goaltending this year.

Erick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 01:51 PM
Panthers Rock
Slumpin' Like A Soph

Send a message via AIM to Panthers Rock
IMO, it's this simple

2012-13 season
Starter: Jose Theodore
Backup: Jacob Markstrom

Theodore has one more year on his contract. A year for Markstrom to start being groomed properly for the starter's role. After next year, Theo gets signed to back him up or 1a/1b or we get another guy who can do that.

Jonathan Huberdeau: 2013 Calder Trophy Winner
Panthers Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 02:02 PM
Georgia Panther

Well TiVo will be a UFA this Summer and likely available real cheap!

Georgia Panther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 02:05 PM
Panthers Rock
Slumpin' Like A Soph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgia Panther View Post
Well TiVo will be a UFA this Summer and likely available real cheap!
I think it's pretty clear his best days are behind him (yes I know you're being sarcastic). A lot of people gave us crap for losing Vokoun and while I wasn't very happy about it either, it hasn't hurt us at all. Because we focused on our real problems: offense and defense. Sure we have a ways to go in those areas, but it's a big step up, especially on the back end.

Old
03-02-2012, 02:07 PM
Erick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panthers Rock View Post
I think it's pretty clear his best days are behind him (yes I know you're being sarcastic). A lot of people gave us crap for losing Vokoun and while I wasn't very happy about it either, it hasn't hurt us at all. Because we focused on our real problems: offense and defense. Sure we have a ways to go in those areas, but it's a big step up, especially on the back end.
They aren't.

Old
03-02-2012, 02:12 PM
Panthers Rock
Slumpin' Like A Soph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick View Post
They aren't.
Well let me clarify. When he's been good, he's been real good. But he's had a lot of bad games, which I can't say really for Theo. Sure he's had them, but Vokoun has managed to cost his team games. Theo really hasn't done that to us. Vokoun did that some last year, too.

He isn't done by any stretch. I'm just saying I feel the very best of Vokoun has passed and he's slowly getting worse. Would I take him back at a cheap price like Washington got him for? Certainly. But it's pretty unlikely to happen. Course I'm not sure he even sticks around in Washington. I feel like he's gonna try for a bigger, more sure-fire contender.

Old
03-02-2012, 02:22 PM
Erick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panthers Rock View Post
Well let me clarify. When he's been good, he's been real good. But he's had a lot of bad games, which I can't say really for Theo. Sure he's had them, but Vokoun has managed to cost his team games. Theo really hasn't done that to us. Vokoun did that some last year, too.

He isn't done by any stretch. I'm just saying I feel the very best of Vokoun has passed and he's slowly getting worse. Would I take him back at a cheap price like Washington got him for? Certainly. But it's pretty unlikely to happen. Course I'm not sure he even sticks around in Washington. I feel like he's gonna try for a bigger, more sure-fire contender.
I agree with your assessment.

I was just saying that he's still a good goalie, overall. His numbers are still on par with his career numbers.

I don't think he's gotten any worse, really. He's a good goalie with the tendency of letting in the occasional head-scratching goal.

I also think Vokoun has some **** luck. He honestly deserves to play for a better team. He went from a key player in the Nashville franchise that led to their eventual long-term success/identity to downright ****** Panther teams.

What has happened this year has ruined the perception of his play.
Washington was a team with great expectations. They were supposed to contend with the Cup and Vokoun was like the last straw to the equation. What has happened however is that he's gone to a team that lacks an identity (and has had significant injuries like us, to be fair).
Also, they're now on a mini-winning streak with Neuvirth in net which further makes Vokoun look overrated.

Vokoun will go down as an underappreciated goalie because he never won anything (in large part because he played for terrible teams).

I'll never forget the stretch he had here of like 15 consecutive games allowing 2 goals or less and yet we ended up with a losing record in that stretch of games.

It's nice that we surprisingly haven't missed him at all because Theodore's playing just as well as he ever did here.

Old
03-02-2012, 02:46 PM
Panthers Rock
Slumpin' Like A Soph

Quote:

I was just saying that he's still a good goalie, overall. His numbers are still on par with his career numbers.

I don't think he's gotten any worse, really. He's a good goalie with the tendency of letting in the occasional head-scratching goal.

I also think Vokoun has some **** luck. He honestly deserves to play for a better team. He went from a key player in the Nashville franchise that led to their eventual long-term success/identity to downright ****** Panther teams.

Washington was a team with great expectations. They were supposed to contend with the Cup and Vokoun was like the last straw to the equation. What has happened however is that he's gone to a team that lacks an identity (and has had significant injuries like us, to be fair).
Also, they're now on a mini-winning streak with Neuvirth in net which further makes Vokoun look overrated.

Vokoun will go down as an underappreciated goalie because he never won anything (in large part because he played for terrible teams).

I'll never forget the stretch he had here of like 15 consecutive games allowing 2 goals or less and yet we ended up with a losing record in that stretch of games.

It's nice that we surprisingly haven't missed him at all because Theodore's playing just as well as he ever did here.
Agreed he's had some bad luck with teams, but I felt he was quite appreciated in Nashville by their fans and he did manage to go to the playoffs a few times.

But he still has had some success in his career. He has a bronze Olympic medal, he went to 2 All Star Games (for whatever that means), and he won at two World Championships. The Czech team loves him.

Old
03-07-2012, 02:58 AM
nhlfan9191

Quote:
They aren't.
Vokoun isn't a great goalie anymore. He's still good but not great.

Old
03-07-2012, 03:04 AM
nhlfan9191

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fader View Post
LOL our team won't be going all the way, but it has nothing to do with Theodore. This team can barely score two goals and wouldn't be in a playoff spot if not for our goalie's heroics.

Old
03-07-2012, 07:59 AM
harv3317

vokoun was and is overrated!!!! he is an adequate nhl goalie, but never was or is elite. he was extremely overpaid in his last contract. he is not a clutch goalie, let's in soft goals in key situations and is positionally bad. he had a problem here with deboer and it's been said that he's now having a problem with the caps coach. i don't think he's good in the locker room and imo is a selfish player who completely overrates himself. i wanted him gone and am extremely happy with theo and even clemmer!!! vokoun has his streaks of brilliance, but overall is average to sub par as an nhl goalie!!!
GGGOOOOO TTTTHHHHHHEEEEOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!
GGGGGGOOOOOO CCCCCAAAAATTTTTSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!

harv3317 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2012, 08:45 AM
Beezer
I'm Da Better Goalie

Clemm is gone this offseason. Markstrom is the backup next yr and if he isn't ready in camp we probably sign Nittymaki for one yr.

Beezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2012, 08:51 AM
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth

Quote:

Great assessment Erick.

Old
03-07-2012, 08:53 AM
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhlfan9191 View Post
LOL our team won't be going all the way, but it has nothing to do with Theodore. This team can barely score two goals and wouldn't be in a playoff spot if not for our goalie's heroics.
Hey I thought after we went down 2-0 Sunday u were done following this team?

Jk we were all down after the lst per. Give them credit for coming back, eh?

Old
03-07-2012, 09:11 AM
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth

Quote:
Originally Posted by harv3317 View Post
vokoun was and is overrated!!!! he is an adequate nhl goalie, but never was or is elite. he was extremely overpaid in his last contract. he is not a clutch goalie, let's in soft goals in key situations and is positionally bad. he had a problem here with deboer and it's been said that he's now having a problem with the caps coach. i don't think he's good in the locker room and imo is a selfish player who completely overrates himself. i wanted him gone and am extremely happy with theo and even clemmer!!! vokoun has his streaks of brilliance, but overall is average to sub par as an nhl goalie!!!
GGGOOOOO TTTTHHHHHHEEEEOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!
GGGGGGOOOOOO CCCCCAAAAATTTTTSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!
I know Harv you are on record for disliking him and that's ok we can agree to disagree. Couple of points though to consider....

His record, all star appointments etc., certainly have to giive you pause when you simply call him adequate. After watching clemmer out of position half the games I hope you get an idea of what good positioning is. as far as Pete, after boynton Ballard kulikov, Weiss and tallon himself has said how negative things were under Pete I would be shocked what panther DIDN'T have a problem with Pete.

the only thing that is clearly not true is labeling him "selfish" . The man is one of the most charitable players to be in Nashville or here. The latest evidence of his lack of selfishness was a recent HUGE donation to the local high school goalie whose father passed away after a long bout with cancer.

Cheers.

Old
03-07-2012, 10:23 PM
nhlfan9191

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam graves View Post
Hey I thought after we went down 2-0 Sunday u were done following this team?

Jk we were all down after the lst per. Give them credit for coming back, eh?
Lol there are times I wish I could just walk away that easy. I don't know what Dineen did but I assume he's starting to give our players death threats after poor starts cause man they've been coming out with passion.

Last edited by nhlfan9191: 03-07-2012 at 10:50 PM.