HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rangers @ Canes

Old
03-01-2012, 09:01 PM
BBKers

vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
Torts flipped the other day when the Rangers got the penalty for moving the stick.I am sure that he told the entire team about the rule. Dubinsky then taking the same penalty - outside the play that cost us a goalis enough to make any coach furious. I am no big Torts fan but I think he did the right thing here. Dubinsky needs to get his **** together.Or he will be gone this summer.This was a step in the wrong direction.Hope he can turn it around and make this a starting point. We need his best play coming up... He needs to man up and take it in full stride. Or he will be in Casa Bow wowfor the remainder of the year

I thought Richards was good tonight. Except for on the canes 2nd goal. Gabby, Boyle, Prust, McD, Staal, Strålman & Bickel too. Artie & Mitchell !!! as well. Hagelin had a poor pour outing. Marty was good too.The Skyline was funny to see. Hope DZ & Girardis injuries are but small blemishes

BBKers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2012, 09:04 PM
Trident61494

bwt, Birons Cave did look a but better tonite...specially on Tlusty at the end.

Trident61494 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2012, 09:04 PM
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trident61494 View Post
Eh...the more I think about it, the more I'd agree with that. But the more I remember how this team has played as a whole recently with bonehead BS and silly penalties. This was a statement not only to BD, but to the rest of the team. You play like **** you ride the pine pony.
Agreed. What I found odd though was Dubi getting singled-out. I haven't seen Torts bench someone this hard before.

Bob Richards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2012, 09:06 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

41-15-6.

Rangers Fail is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2012, 09:07 PM
Trident61494

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Richards View Post
Agreed. What I found odd though was Dubi getting singled-out. I haven't seen Torts bench someone this hard before.
No further talk on that penalty against Dubi in Torts' post game talks...he was irate it would seem...

Old
03-01-2012, 09:08 PM
trilobyte

Quote:
Pent up frustration perhaps. It might not be what we call fair, but to me, I just don't see the need to feel all that bad for Dubinsky. The guy has not improved his game, he has become comfortable with being a great big nothing on offense. He is supposed to do more.

Tortorella is human. He is pissed off at him. Nobody died. Suck it up Dubinsky and be better.

trilobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Trident61494

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henriks Broadway Hat View Post
41-15-6.

I actually just looked at that and giggled like a little girl. Srsly.

Old
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
We have to start beating someone with authority. I worry what happens if those 1 goal wins turn into one goal losses. Not to mention that the game winning goal came on a bounce off the linesman, what happens when we don't get those bounces? We outplayed Carolina. I didn't see like 10 minutes of the game, but from what I saw we outplayed them, but it's still only a 3-2 win, which easily could have been a loss and even more easily gone to OT (though the way Carolina has been in OT or the SO, that's probably a win)

The Bruins were demolishing teams during their insane win streak earlier in the year, what did that prove/accomplish for them now that they are struggling over the past month? I really don't care how we win games, just as long as they win as a team (i.e. get complete efforts throughout the line-up and not rely on individual contributors to decide the outcome).

wolfgaze is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
we want cup
We do not Sow

Quote:
41-15-6.

It's... so... beautiful....

RANGERS =
we want cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2012, 09:09 PM
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'

Quote:
No further talk on that penalty against Dubi in Torts' post game talks...he was irate it would seem...
lol yeah. After his reaction, everyone seemed to just ignore the subject all together.

Old
03-01-2012, 09:09 PM
Affinity

Quote:
I'm pretty sure he benched Arty for a 3rd period in one game... Not exactly the same but hopefully it works the same for Dubi as it did with Arty.

Affinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2012, 09:12 PM
IBleedNYRBlue

Prust
McDonagh
Biron

HM: Staal, Anisimov

Prust was everywhere. Biron made a ton of key saves and McDonagh again with an incredible night.

IBleedNYRBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2012, 09:14 PM
Loffen
Wen Kroy

Quote:
41-15-6.

I like.

Loffen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2012, 09:16 PM
ColonialsHockey10

Pretty solid game all around, they are just so prone to making dumb decisions, literally every game they do something that makes you shake your head in disbelief.

Staal is really coming into form.

ColonialsHockey10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Trident61494

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze View Post
The Bruins were demolishing teams during their insane win streak earlier in the year, what did that prove/accomplish for them now that they are struggling over the past month? I really don't care how we win games, just as long as they win as a team (i.e. get complete efforts throughout the line-up and not rely on individual contributors to decide the outcome).
I made a point somewhere on someones thread that the next few games (the last 5 games) were going to be a breeze. I pointed out to who ever this was that Carolina hadn't lost in regulation (at that point) and the Isles had/have been playing much better lately...

My point after that rant is, regardless of the Rangers past success this season, not all teams seeded 15-9th are going to be pushover games. Same goes for the CBJ game. That team has nothing to play for but pride right before the trade deadline and with the threat of the franchise player getting traded...all those teams are dangerous.

edit: My grammar tonite is terrible, sorry.

Old
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Affinity View Post
I'm pretty sure he benched Arty for a 3rd period in one game... Not exactly the same but hopefully it works the same for Dubi as it did with Arty.
We have to hope. Dubi is getting public enemy No. 1 treatment a la Gilroy.

Old
03-01-2012, 09:20 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Quote:
I
My point after that rant is, regardless of the Rangers past success this season, not all teams seeded 15-9th are going to be pushover games. Same goes for the CBJ game. That team has nothing to play for but pride right before the trade deadline and with the threat of the franchise player getting traded...all those teams are dangerous.

edit: My grammar tonite is terrible, sorry.
Especially considering the fact that many teams have reason to elevate their games when they are playing the top ranked teams in the league.

Old
03-01-2012, 09:24 PM
trilobyte

I don't think it is fair to say that Dubinsky is being treated unfairly. In this game, he made an unfortunate play and the coach simply figured that his services were not needed for the rest of the game.
The coach was right.

We've seen Dubinsky do some good things offensively, but that was last season. Tortorella is trying to get through to Brandon, trying to shake him up.
The Rangers really need what he can bring offensively in the playoffs. Think of what it would mean if Brandon was threatening offensively. He does not really contribue much offensively. Yes, I know about his defensive work, his checking, his work along the boards. That is just a piece of what he is capable of, and this season he has been an incomplete player.

The Rangers need more from him.

trilobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2012, 09:27 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by trilobyte View Post
I don't think it is fair to say that Dubinsky is being treated unfairly. In this game, he made an unfortunate play and the coach simply figured that his services were not needed for the rest of the game.
The coach was right.

We've seen Dubinsky do some good things offensively, but that was last season. Tortorella is trying to get through to Brandon, trying to shake him up.
The Rangers really need what he can bring offensively in the playoffs. Think of what it would mean if Brandon was threatening offensively. He does not really contribue much offensively. Yes, I know about his defensive work, his checking, his work along the boards. That is just a piece of what he is capable of, and this season he has been an incomplete player.

The Rangers need more from him.
So does benching him for 2 periods help facilitate getting "more from him"? If you're of that philosophy, then maybe they should start making him healthy scratches from games then? I'm of the philosophy that he needs to play through his struggles out on the ice. Not watching the game from the bench or press box.

Last edited by wolfgaze: 03-02-2012 at 12:50 AM.
Old
03-01-2012, 09:28 PM
IBleedNYRBlue

Quote:
He's benched Arty multiple times like that.

IBleedNYRBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2012, 09:30 PM
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels

Quote:
So does benching him for 2 periods help facilitate getting "more from him"? If you've of that philosophy, then maybe they should start making him healthy scratches from games then? I'm of the philosophy that he needs to play through his struggles out on the ice. Not watching the game from the bench or press box.
It demoralizes them. at least give him some minutes...jeez ...he wont wanna play here soon

Silence Of The Plams is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2012, 09:31 PM
Trident61494

Quote:
So does benching him for 2 periods help facilitate getting "more from him"? If you've of that philosophy, then maybe they should start making him healthy scratches from games then? I'm of the philosophy that he needs to play through his struggles out on the ice. Not watching the game from the bench or press box.
I really hope it proves a point to everyone. He's been shunned. Tomorrow he should come out and play the game of his career.

Last edited by Trident61494: 03-01-2012 at 09:32 PM. Reason: (sp)
Old
03-01-2012, 09:33 PM
vladmyir111

Quote:
Originally Posted by RL605 View Post
He's benched Arty multiple times like that.
Lol he's even done that to Gaborick before, can't recall if it was this season or not though.

vladmyir111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2012, 09:36 PM
ColonialsHockey10

Quote:
I really hope it proves a point to everyone. He's been shunned. Tomorrow he should come out and play the game of his career.
Well I expected that type of hockey when the trade deadline was over. Oh how I was wrong.

ColonialsHockey10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2012, 09:37 PM
SouthJerseyRanger

41-15-6

SouthJerseyRanger is offline   Reply With Quote