HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs play ridiculous game, win, 5-4 in shootout

Old
03-01-2012, 09:44 PM
googlymoogly

vCash: 500
I wonder if any of these players will get nominated for next years Golden Globe Awards. This was a great comedy movie, I mean hockey game.

Actors starring
Ryan White, the Goon
Alexei Emelin, the cross eyed hitter
Cal Clutterbuck, the diver
Matt Kassian, the sniper
Dave Setoguchi, the can't skate Happy Gilmour clone
Scott Gomez, bench warmer

googlymoogly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2012, 09:46 PM
Davebo
beep beep

We win, but have no players in the plus column in +/-, whereas our opponent only has 1 player in the negative.

Weird! What a ****ed up season...

http://tsn.ca/nhl/scores/boxscore/?id=14965

Davebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Teufelsdreck

I hope the Habs rake les feuilles mortes on Saturday, but I'd let the blue men get a point. After all, we don't want to see the cyanotic ones get a top 10 pick but neither do we want playoff games in Toronto.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
GeneralManager*

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC93 View Post
The biggest insult I can think of for that poster by reading some of the stuff he says around here is that he, might, in fact be Christian Laflamme.
he's so bitter, it would make sense. could be Jacques Parizeau too...

GeneralManager* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
habtastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by airic000 View Post
After tonight Pleks is a team worse -20. There's only 7 players in the league that have worse +/- in the league. Is anyone else concerned about this? I know he plays an defensive role but damn... Plus this may be the first yr since the 2006-2007 season that Pleks doesn't hit the 20 goal mark. Is anyone else concerned about this or this yr an aberration?
aberration

I think he's pulling for Nail, not Grigo for obvious reasons.

Even if we won 80% of our games now, Pleks is pretty much ready for next season. He definitely respects the sweater, but I don't think he thinks much of these remaining games. During the season he got bounced around like a beachball, I'd also just want to run out the season until they figure out how they're going to win and give him the tools to do it.

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2012, 09:47 PM
HockeyF3ind

Man i was cheering when Minn tied it up. Gotta keep losing unless Edmonton wins more.

HockeyF3ind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2012, 09:48 PM
habtastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by googlymoogly View Post
I wonder if any of these players will get nominated for next years Golden Globe Awards. This was a great comedy movie, I mean hockey game.

Actors starring
Ryan White, the Goon
Matt Kassian, the sniper

Where's Kovy? He won best picture at the Oscars!

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2012, 09:48 PM
GeneralManager*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davebo View Post
We win, but have no players in the plus column in +/-, whereas our opponent only has 1 player in the negative.

Weird! What a ****ed up season...

http://tsn.ca/nhl/scores/boxscore/?id=14965
our pp clicking for once is a good thing to see, the 5 on 5 meltdowns could be pointed at our brilliant head coach. subban was a beast today.

Old
03-01-2012, 09:50 PM
EllertoKostitsynGoal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk Muller View Post
This team is downright awful defensively. Thanks PG for Campoli and Kaberle.

Also i know Pleks is playing a defensive role but seriously, he is now i think -20 this season. He isnt playing it well. You might as well put him back in an offensive role.
For the goals, he's on pace for about the same number of shots as last year. Shooting at 7% for a guy who's usually shooting at least +-10%.

For the +/-, he currently has the worst on ice SV% on the team at 0.890. That means Price only saves 89% of the shots the opponent takes while he is on the ice 5on5, pretty unlucky. He still does a pretty good job at limiting shots considering his linemates, opposition and zone starts.

EllertoKostitsynGoal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2012, 09:50 PM
holyhabs87

vCash: 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by airic000 View Post
After tonight Pleks is a team worse -20. There's only 7 players in the league that have worse +/- in the league. Is anyone else concerned about this? I know he plays an defensive role but damn... Plus this may be the first yr since the 2006-2007 season that Pleks doesn't hit the 20 goal mark. Is anyone else concerned about this or this yr an aberration?
Aberration, put him in DD's spot he has 60+ points by now. Not knocking DD but he is still learning and improving too imo.

I will take his previous years of solid two way play over this one year where has had a revolving door of weaker wingers which inevitably means more time spent in the d-zone. Not to say he has not struggled at times but I am not concerned.

What happened to Diaz anyways? Why is Campoli playing ahead of him?

holyhabs87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2012, 09:52 PM
deandebean

Plekanec must be rubbing the coaching staff the wrong way, because he doesn't get all the special assignments anymore. He must be mightily pissed.

deandebean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2012, 09:53 PM
Poulet Kostopoulos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohashi_Jouzu View Post
I dunno. I saw a lot of players making mistakes that they're pretty notorious for making on the regular. Those are the players we acquired, folks, not the players Cunneyworth has somehow turned them into after 30-odd games or so.
Making mistakes is one thing but totally failed coverage and confusing and unstructured defense is another. It is in the coaching to teach and emphasize the later. There is a reason why their PK is still excellent but then failed miserably during the 6-on-5 and it's not because players just make more mistakes in the latter scenario. Also, why do you play Eller on the PK but then you don't see him for the 6-on-5?!

Unrelated: About Plek, he can't play good defense for White.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
Plekanec has been dealt a bad hand all season long. He does all the dirty work, hardly gets appreciated for it or rewarded for it.
Tell me about it. Plays the shot-down role and PK and then sees a guy like Gomez having more PP time. RC is giving him a pretty crappy treatment.

Last edited by Poulet Kostopoulos: 03-01-2012 at 10:01 PM.
Poulet Kostopoulos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2012, 09:54 PM
Habit11

Quote:
Originally Posted by holyhabs87 View Post
Aberration, put him in DD's spot he has 60+ points by now. Not knocking DD but he is still learning and improving too imo.

I will take his previous years of solid two way play over this one year where has had a revolving door of weaker wingers which inevitably means more time spent in the d-zone. Not to say he has not struggled at times but I am not concerned.

What happened to Diaz anyways? Why is Campoli playing ahead of him?
Unless Diaz is injured, there is no explanation as to why a guy who won't be back plays instead of a guy who will be back next year.

Habit11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2012, 09:54 PM
GeneralManager*

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllertoKostitsynGoal View Post
For the goals, he's on pace for about the same number of shots as last year. Shooting at 7% for a guy who's usually shooting at least +-10%.

For the +/-, he currently has the worst on ice SV% on the team at 0.890. That means Price only saves 89% of the shots the opponent takes while he is on the ice 5on5, pretty unlucky. He still does a pretty good job at limiting shots considering his linemates, opposition and zone starts.
very cool stat, where do you find stats like that?

Old
03-01-2012, 09:55 PM
Andy

Plekanec has been dealt a bad hand all season long. He does all the dirty work, hardly gets appreciated for it or rewarded for it.

Andy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2012, 09:56 PM
Stradale

Quote:
Originally Posted by deandebean View Post
Plekanec must be rubbing the coaching staff wrong, because he doesn't get all the special assignments anymore. He must be mightily pissed.
I'd be pissed if the 4th line center plays on the PP over me too. RC is really good at making his players hate him.

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2012, 09:57 PM
googlymoogly

Quote:
He'll get better coaching staff next year.

Old
03-01-2012, 09:58 PM
Madam Kadri
Fight, Troll, Score

Quote:
Originally Posted by googlymoogly View Post

Actors starring
Ryan White, the Goon
Matt Kassian, the sniper
Don't forget Pleks, the slick gangsta troll.

Madam Kadri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2012, 09:58 PM
StellerEller
Canada's Team

vCash: 100
Despite being -2 on the night, PK really impressed me tonight. He was everywhere, showing his elite skillset and showing he knows how to use it. Great goal, great chance near the end of the game. He's a real gamebreaker in the making. He can just snatch a game away from everyone and make them play according to him, with or without the puck.

I loved his physical dominance this game. Not just the hits, but the way he would just knock the other guy down, down low in the defensive zone.

I've heard PK's game be compared to Chelios defensively, I see it more and more every game.

Sometimes I still shake my head and laugh that we got him in the second round! Go PK!

As for the rest of the CH, DD was showing his great hockey IQ and talent tonight...again! He was great as was many others (Pac, Plek, Eller, Bourque, Emelin, and so on) Good game until we almost choked! lol

StellerEller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2012, 09:59 PM
blueinmtl

I really didn't want to see it happen again, but the way Kaberle and Campoli were playing with the puck in their end all night (or without) leads to that 2nd Minn goal. That coverage by Campoli out of the corner, that help by Kaberle...

Then the goal and they dry hump each other. F'ing perfection all in one play.

PK was great mostly, but none too stellar on their 3rd goal. Gorges looked liked punched donkey on their 4th. Price twice screws around with the puck, both times led to goals. But my god do we ever have Chump of Chumps behind the bench in RC.

Saturday should be quite the 'battle', err...

blueinmtl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2012, 10:01 PM
EllertoKostitsynGoal

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralManager View Post
very cool stat, where do you find stats like that?
Behindthenet.ca

Go to Statistics >>> Player breakdown

You can ask me if there is something you don't understand, I'll try to help.

EllertoKostitsynGoal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2012, 10:02 PM
Protest the Hero

At this game, bad night for the tank too.

They showed Price's stats at some point in the game, and through 55 games he has almost the exact same stats as he did last year through 55 games.

P.K was having a monstrous game, until he and Gorges fell apart at the end.

Protest the Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2012, 10:04 PM
Kirk Muller

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllertoKostitsynGoal View Post

cool stats but i dont like using the "luck" reasoning. Many things factor in. Maybe he is giving up better scoring chances instead of shots? Guys like Gorges and Subban who face the same tough challenges Pleks does are not even in the same realm as Pleks in +/-. There is almost no one else on the team even close aside from the pillsbury dough boy.

I dont think its all Pleks fault but his effort level has definitely dipped this year. He is cheating. He losing pucks battles consistently. I dont think the stat is indicative of his play completely but i dont think "bad luck" absolves him of it either.

Kirk Muller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
googlymoogly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protest the Hero View Post
At this game, bad night for the tank too.

They showed Price's stats at some point in the game, and through 55 games he has almost the exact same stats as he did last year through 55 games.

P.K was having a monstrous game, until he and Gorges fell apart at the end.
Pretty good with the defense he has had this year.

Old
blueinmtl

Quote:
& gets to play with Staubitz and Bourque at the end of games. Liked his disgusted chat with White though at the end of regulation. Clearly pissed and not having it.

Not that he has been great this year, but his wingers all year have led to 2 things:

1 - they don't create that much on attack, usually with one clueless guy (Bourque, though he was decent tonight)
2 - they are usually in their end, with one guy trailing because he can't skate (Darche)

blueinmtl is offline   Reply With Quote