HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

What is our Draft Pick Situation?

Closed Thread

Old
02-01-2006, 12:33 AM
HVPOLARBEARS19

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to HVPOLARBEARS19 Send a message via MSN to HVPOLARBEARS19
What is our Draft Pick Situation?

I'm just wondering what picks we have this year, or if we just have all of our original picks. I seem to remember that in 2004 when we had our little firesale we got a bunch of picks, and maybe I'm wrong but I thought one was for this up-comming draft...though I could be wrong. Do we have any other picks coming from the Kovalev, Leetch, Nedved, etc. deals? Thanks for any info.

Old
02-01-2006, 01:09 AM
Pizza

I could be wrong on this as well, but I think the Michael Sauer pick was the last one left from the fire sale or "Great Purge" as I love to call it. I think this is just a normal draft year for us. We have as many picks as there are rounds.....or do we have an extra pick from the Ducks?

Old
02-01-2006, 01:46 AM
EvilCorporateLawyer
Very slippery slope

Send a message via AIM to EvilCorporateLawyer
I thought we had a few extra picks floating around in the later rounds...

Old
02-01-2006, 05:56 AM
NYR469

all the picks acquired at the 2004 deadline are gone, they were either 2004 or 2005 picks...

Old
02-01-2006, 06:02 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizza
I could be wrong on this as well, but I think the Michael Sauer pick was the last one left from the fire sale or "Great Purge" as I love to call it. I think this is just a normal draft year for us. We have as many picks as there are rounds.....or do we have an extra pick from the Ducks?
The Rangers re-acquired the fourth round pick in 2007 from Anaheim in the Petr Sykora trade

Old
02-01-2006, 08:23 AM
True Blue

We are short a 5th rounder, inexplicably given away in the Federov trade.

Old
02-01-2006, 08:59 AM
bmoak

I think that 5th rounder was a conditional pick, and I seriously doubt that FedFed met any of the conditions.

Old
02-01-2006, 09:39 AM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmoak
I think that 5th rounder was a conditional pick, and I seriously doubt that FedFed met any of the conditions.
I do not think so. The Rucchin pick (at least before the Rangers reaquired) was a conditional pick (4th rounder or 3rd if re-sgned). That I know of the Federov pick has no conditions attached to it.

Old
02-01-2006, 11:43 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue
I do not think so. The Rucchin pick (at least before the Rangers reaquired) was a conditional pick (4th rounder or 3rd if re-sgned). That I know of the Federov pick has no conditions attached to it.
Quote:
New York Rangers President and General Manager Glen Sather announced today that the club has acquired forward Fedor Fedorov from the Vancouver Canucks in exchange for right wing Jozef Balej and a conditional draft pick
http://www.newyorkrangers.com/pressb...es.asp?id=1741

Quote:
Fedorov, the younger sibling of Anaheim forward Sergei Fedorov, a former Red Wing, was sent from Vancouver to New York on Friday for forward Jozef Balej and a conditional draft pick. The Rangers originally announced that a fifth-round pick in next year's draft was included in the deal
http://www.detnews.com/2005/wings/05...ngs-341433.htm

Quote:
Vancouver Canucks Senior Vice President and General Manager Dave Nonis announced today that the Canucks have acquired Jozef Balej and a conditional draft pick from the New York Rangers in exchange for Fedor Fedorov
http://www.canucks.com/news/pressrel...onID=31&id=514

It's a conditional pick.Fedorov needed to play 65 NHL games for the Rangers to retain his rights as a group II free agent.Fed Fed will become a group 6 free agent/unrestricted this summer:25 years or older having completed at least three pro seasons and having played less than 80 NHL games.Vancouver would receive the pick if Fed Fed was a group II or the Rangers re-sign him which isn't very likely

Closed Thread