HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Mike Richards

Closed Thread

Old
03-01-2012, 10:30 PM
PSP
Couldn't Be Happier!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by savemefromtears View Post
WOW.

PSP - you couldn't even agree the whole team has sucked except for Quick...?

Dear God some of you people need help.

Mods please close this Godforsaken thread.
How did you possibly get that out of my post? I thought that concept was a given...

Old
03-01-2012, 11:01 PM
Hockeypete49
How you like me now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsWoof View Post
We've been seeing the same thing with Giroux in Philly. He missed only 4 games but he hasn't been the same since coming back. He's had points in streaks but there has been a lot of really stupid play, brutal defence, being too cute on offense etc.
What?? Every team in the league is trying to shut him down now. The other players need to pick their game up. MsWoof is wrong about Claude. The kid is playing very well. Mike will be fine. He is a warrior and a winner.

Old
03-01-2012, 11:33 PM
MsWoof

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeypete49 View Post
What?? Every team in the league is trying to shut him down now. The other players need to pick their game up. MsWoof is wrong about Claude. The kid is playing very well. Mike will be fine. He is a warrior and a winner.
Every team has been trying to shut him down all season. He hasn't been the same since his concussion just as Richards hasn't, just as Doughty wasn't after his. So many players have come back wonky from concussions. Giroux's decision making has been sketchy. This warrior stuff has nothing to do with it, there have been a lot of instances where players haven't played well after a concussion.

Old
03-02-2012, 12:12 AM
tomd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
I understand your position but take issue with the notion that MR isn't worth what we gave to get him or that he has anything to do with our being in the position that we are currently in (or solely responsible for our being there).

MR is having a hard first season in LA but so is everyone else. He has struggled since his concussion but who knew that he would get concussed and then struggle. Had he stayed healthy he would likely have continued at his scoring pace prior to his injury (arguably so anyways).

Also compare MR's last season in Philly with WS and BS's current seasons there and MR outscores both of them combined by a stretch while adding in stellar two way play and leadership that is considered to be among the best in the game.

I guess my issue is that there are several mitigating factors for his poor play on our team that he has zero responsibility for then some people are giving him credit for.
You are making my argument for me. If EVERYBODY on the team is having a bad year then the likely conclusion is that the players just aren't very good. The team is average and has been all year.

Lombardi misjudged the talent level of this team starting 18 months ago and has been making poor decisions ever since. The Richards trade was just the icing on the cake.

Old
03-02-2012, 12:18 AM
KingPurpleDinosaur
Bandwagon Kings Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomd View Post
You are making my argument for me. If EVERYBODY on the team is having a bad year then the likely conclusion is that the players just aren't very good. The team is average and has been all year.

Lombardi misjudged the talent level of this team starting 18 months ago and has been making poor decisions ever since. The Richards trade was just the icing on the cake.
this is the best kings team on paper since 93

Old
03-02-2012, 12:28 AM
tomd

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingPurpleDinosaur View Post
this is the best kings team on paper since 93
Great - when they start playing the game on paper let me know.

On the ice, it's not even the best team since last year!!!!!!!!!

Old
03-02-2012, 01:10 AM
Tim Tebow

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsWoof View Post
Every team has been trying to shut him down all season. He hasn't been the same since his concussion just as Richards hasn't, just as Doughty wasn't after his. So many players have come back wonky from concussions. Giroux's decision making has been sketchy. This warrior stuff has nothing to do with it, there have been a lot of instances where players haven't played well after a concussion.
Giroux Post Concussion

Games: 31
Goals: 7
Assists: 29

He's clearly been slopping it up.

PS - Giroux was never a strong defensive player.

The only thing about Giroux that fell off post concussion was his goal scoring but that was really only down in the month of January where he scored 1 goal. Ironically the month Jagr was in and out of the line up repeatedly battling a groin injury. Simmonds and Hartnell are not playmakers like Jagr.

Old
03-02-2012, 06:11 AM
MsWoof

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Tebow View Post
Giroux Post Concussion

He's clearly been slopping it up.

PS - Giroux was never a strong defensive player.

The only thing about Giroux that fell off post concussion was his goal scoring but that was really only down in the month of January where he scored 1 goal. Ironically the month Jagr was in and out of the line up repeatedly battling a groin injury. Simmonds and Hartnell are not playmakers like Jagr.
I've been watching the games and seeing others in the GDTs saying the same thing as I have. He's had a few games where he's had 3 or 4 points and then stretches of invisibility, terrible turnovers and his defensive play has gotten worse. It started after his concussion.

Old
03-02-2012, 09:45 AM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Tebow View Post
Giroux Post Concussion

That's an 18 goal pace. Something I'm sure Philly fans wouldn't be happy with if it continues into the playoffs. Assists are nice, but I thought he was supposed to be a goal scoerer? Or is he another Thornton? Is his passing that great or is he picking up a bunch of PP assists?

Old
03-02-2012, 10:03 AM
kingpest19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Utah View Post
I never questioned his leadership. I guess my argument is different from a lot of peoples except Tomd's....all I said if he is not worth Simmonds and Schenn and he is not what the LA Kings needed at this particular time.

We make the playoffs two years in a row, don't even make it to a game 7 either time and all of a sudden we trade for Richards and are Stanley Cup contendors and no longer rebuilding. Ha. Laughable.
So the Kings didn't need a center to take pressure off of Kopitar? Everyone was going on about how we needed a 1b type guy so a trade is made for one and now its not what we needed?

Old
03-02-2012, 11:04 AM
Scrivezina
AMart Jazz Hands!!!

Quote:

Are you arguing no progress has been made and this team has no good attributes? Our goalie is being discussed for a V. Our D is top notch...

I get it, you're bummed we're not scoring, we all are. What's your solution? Dump it all on MR and blame him?

Old
03-02-2012, 11:05 AM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

Quote:

Yeah the likely conclusion is 22 players forgot how to play and one elevated his game. I completely disagree with that premise.

Old
03-02-2012, 11:44 AM
KingPurpleDinosaur
Bandwagon Kings Fan

Quote:

you're speaking too soon my young padawan.

Old
03-02-2012, 11:51 AM
TonySCV
Two Timer!

We're entirely off topic at this point and everyone has said their piece (repeatedly). A new thread can be spawned when there's something new to discuss re: Mike Richards.

Closed Thread