HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Washington's 1st round pick (12th or 13th) + Prospect Galiev to Montreal

Old
03-02-2012, 12:03 AM
NeilYoung

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aspirine View Post
This is the closest to real value for Pleks here. Even then, I'd still be hesitant. If Washington really wants Pleks (he could fit pretty well there IMHO), I'd try to poach Kuznetsov out.
Something like:

Plekanec + Avtsin/Kristo

for

Kuznetsov + 2013 1st
I like Plekanec I think that's just to much. Kuznetsovs so valuable to the Caps since they get 3 years of him extremely cheap and he should be able to contribute right away.

I think the original deals pretty decent for both sides if he's available

NeilYoung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 12:23 AM
Aspirine
Lateral Move at Best

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeilYoung View Post
I like Plekanec I think that's just to much. Kuznetsovs so valuable to the Caps since they get 3 years of him extremely cheap and he should be able to contribute right away.

Yeah, I doubt Wash would do this too. It was in a "we badly want Pleks" scenario, and even then, it would probably look more like Pleks for Kuznetsov + 2nd

Aspirine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 12:29 AM
Carlzner
Who's Zed?

Quote:
Yeah, I doubt Wash would do this too. It was in a "we badly want Pleks" scenario, and even then, it would probably look more like Pleks for Kuznetsov + 2nd
Actually, it would probably look more like Kuznetsov for nothing because we aren't trading him.

Carlzner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 08:07 AM
Halifaxhab

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeilYoung View Post

I personally agree with the assessment of Kuz's value to the Caps. Not to mention (as much as I love this guy) Plekanec is not worth a top end prospect AND a top 12/13 1st rounder.

A Caps fan put up Pleks for a 1st and Galiev. I could see that as doable for both sides. Fills a need for both and the value is pretty close as well. This makes sense to do at the draft.

Halifaxhab is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 10:04 AM
loadie
Official Beer Taster

What are you Cap fans hearing about Kuznetsov coming over to NA? As there been any talk about him probably staying in the KHL, or do you think OV might be able to convince him to come over?

The French Canadian rule: Read about it, go to bed smarter.

http://ultimatehockeynetwork.com/the...-or-fiction-2/
loadie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 10:12 AM
Bure

Kuz will come im guessing because he keeps delaying his answer to Russian media.

Bure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 02:23 PM
NobodyBeatsTheWiz
Happy now?

I'd think the Caps make the 1st + Galiev for Plekanec deal. Though Montreal might have to take some salary back (Hamrlik might be an acceptable option to both parties). So the trade would look like:

WSH 1st, Galiev, Hamrlik

for

Plekanec

And a Kuznetsov trade is likely a complete non-starter, unless it's a trade for an elite player.

NobodyBeatsTheWiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 03:15 PM
discobob

Caps can't trade Kuz - they aren't going to be picking in the top 10 in the near future, so young stars are hard to come by.....if you luck out on one low in the 1st round you can't trade him....

discobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 11:19 PM
Ginu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Setting up the play View Post
Caps can't trade Kuz - they aren't going to be picking in the top 10 in the near future, so young stars are hard to come by.....if you luck out on one low in the 1st round you can't trade him....
Agreed. We're not going to get Kuznetsov for him. I'd take Galiev and you're 1st for Plekanec. Heck I'd throw in a 2nd to make it happen.

Ginu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 11:41 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

Quote:
Originally Posted by contour View Post
What's the problem with Plekanec? I thought he was a perfect 2nd line center for Montreal.
Nothing. The problem is that fans are insane. Among other things, but I don't wanna get a Flaming infraction.

DekeLikeYouMeanIt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2012, 01:34 AM
Guilliam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginu View Post
Plekanec is turning 30 this year. He doesn't provide something unique like Cole does at his age. He gives us an opportunity to get younger and more talented. Teams like Washington and Chicago clearly have a need for him on the second line. Plus, next year going into the season with the same top 3 centers, we'll have the same outcome.
I keep reading that and I can't agree. The problem with this team is not the centers we have, it's that one or two of them have played with 4th line wingers all year!

Give Pleks and Eller top9 wingers and we'll have 3 good lines.

Guilliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2012, 06:30 AM
onice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake1588 View Post
Why is every Habs fan under the sun trying to trade Plekanec? It's been incessant for two to three months.
Allow me to answer that for you.

First off it's not every Habs fan. It's only the ones who can't see past their noses. They can't see we have morons in management and an incompetent coach running the show.

Everytime this management team has decided to part ways with a player instead of building up his value they either get rid of him when his worth is at the lowest (Cammalleri) or they devalue his worth by putting him in the worst possible situations (Kostitsyn and now Plekanec).

That's what has happened to Plekanec. Some mental midget in management had decided we don't need him anymore so they're taking PP time away from him and giving him scrubs for wingers.

Pleks is one of the top 5-6 two way centers in the league and the bozos running this team are treating him like a castaway.

That's why you have SOME Habs fans eager to trade him.

onice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2012, 07:35 AM
Ginu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guilliam View Post
I keep reading that and I can't agree. The problem with this team is not the centers we have, it's that one or two of them have played with 4th line wingers all year!

Give Pleks and Eller top9 wingers and we'll have 3 good lines.
Compare our top 3 centers to those of the top teams in the league. They suck. No top 9 wingers will do unless they pot 40-50 goals a year. We need a #1 center that can dominate a game. A game that counts. Plekanec is among the best #2s in the league but he's not a #1.

We don't want to build a team that just squeaks into the playoffs every year. We want a Cup.

Old
03-03-2012, 07:37 AM
Ginu

Quote:
Originally Posted by onice View Post

First off it's not every Habs fan. It's only the ones who can't see past their noses. They can't see we have morons in management and an incompetent coach running the show.
Read my previous post. You may learn something.

Old
03-03-2012, 01:30 PM
onice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginu View Post
Read my previous post. You may learn something.
Do i have to sit at a desk or may I walk around in your classroom, Professor Ginu?

Old
03-03-2012, 02:17 PM
artilector

Well, assuming Plekanec's output this year is an aberration, something around 1st + Galiev for Pleks seems ok. It's a need, and the price is bearable, especially if the deal is sweetened a bit.

Pleks' contract is a bit risky, but then hoping/waiting for Johansson/Kuznetsov to develop is also a risk.

If they go after Pleks, what I'd like the Caps to do is trade Laich (not that it's likely to happen, lol). Because Pleks @ 5m over Laich @ 4.5m is a no brainer to me, as far as what the Caps need. It also makes things a lot easier with the cap and gets back some assets. I figure Laich could fetch a 1st or a great prospect..

artilector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2012, 05:46 PM
Aspirine
Lateral Move at Best

Quote:
Originally Posted by onice View Post

Everytime this management team has decided to part ways with a player instead of building up his value they either get rid of him when his worth is at the lowest (Cammalleri) or they devalue his worth by putting him in the worst possible situations (Kostitsyn and now Plekanec).

That's what has happened to Plekanec. Some mental midget in management had decided we don't need him anymore so they're taking PP time away from him and giving him scrubs for wingers.

Pleks is one of the top 5-6 two way centers in the league and the bozos running this team are treating him like a castaway.

That's why you have SOME Habs fans eager to trade him.
Take your high horses back to the stable, lad.
I'm not "eager" to trade Plekanec, read the post I wrote again.
Thing is, Washington needs a center that could fill Bäckström's shoes while he's injured, and then slip seamlessly into a 2nd line center behind him. Plekanec fits that bill to a tee, and even more.
From a Montreal standpoint, Plekanec is the best and most valuable center we have, and that's why if a team wants him, he won't come cheap.
I reiterate, if Washington really wants Plekanec, it's gonna cost Kuznetsov. Since Wsh fans here seem to say it's a no-no, no problemo, we're not looking to deal Pleks anyways, have fun trying to find a similar center at a lesser price.

Aspirine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2012, 05:50 PM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Thing is, Washington needs a center that could fill Bäckström's shoes while he's injured, and then slip seamlessly into a 2nd line center behind him. Plekanec fits that bill to a tee, and even more.
From a Montreal standpoint, Plekanec is the best and most valuable center we have, and that's why if a team wants him, he won't come cheap.
I reiterate, if Washington really wants Plekanec, it's gonna cost Kuznetsov. Since Wsh fans here seem to say it's a no-no, no problemo, we're not looking to deal Pleks anyways, have fun trying to find a similar center at a lesser price.
Aww come on...now you're gonna just take your toys and go home?

Seriously though, Kuznetzov only becomes available if Washington suspects he's not coming over, or for a 1st line talent, not a 2nd.

CapitalsCupFantasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 07:54 AM
onice

Quote:
You obviously have weak reading skills so I'll ignore future posts from you.

Old
03-04-2012, 09:16 AM
Capathetic

Quote:
The thing is we have Backstrom and the deadline has passed,so its sink or swim with what the caps have right now. The caps also have two first rounders that imo will be top 16,so there are many options available. We dont need pleks at the price of kuznetsov...thats like the caps saying its going to cost you Price or patches.

Realisticaly I think to get one of our first rounders its going to cost Tinordi. He was a later first,gmgm shows he likes names of former players and he brings an element that the caps lack. Not that I think it will or should happen,just the type of move gmgm would look for.

Capathetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 10:00 AM
Drydenwasthebest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsolument90 View Post
Nothing. The problem is that fans are insane. Among other things, but I don't wanna get a Flaming infraction.
Tell me about it! One of the top 2 way centers in the league who, in a "bad" year is still on pace to break 50 points, has scored 20+ goals in all 5 seasons he has played a full season (although it doesn't look like he will break the 20 mark this year), and is an important p[iece of one of the absolute best power plays in the NHL, is suddenly not worth a mid 1st and a prospect?!?!? Does that mean Getzlaf is worth the same since he is on a similar pace as Plekanec?

A bad season is just that. I'm guessing some of the Habs fans who are trying to sell Plekanec on the cheap due to a bad season would have given him away for a second when he had that 39 point season.

Please, Plekanec is easily worth a 1st and a great prospect. Caps fans don't want to give certain prospects, and I get that, but to get Plekanec, be real. One of your 1sts and Johansson would be necessary (probably your later 1st, to be honest.). We do not need a winger who lacks size, like Galiev. We need a big replacement center for Plekanec. Put Plekanec behind a healthy Backstrom and the Caps would singing with joy for the duration of his contract. Plekanec is, unfortunately, exactly what the Caps need...as long as they have Backstrom in the #1 slot. That is why the trade shouldn't have been done at the deadline and is something the Caps should look at if Backstrom returns. If Backstrom is unable to return, then the Caps keep Johansson and try to trade up in the draft and get another top rookie center.

However, to get Plekanec, be prepared to give up something that makes you think twice and say ouch, because that is what Habs fans do when Plekanec is offered in a fair deal.

Drydenwasthebest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 10:30 AM
otto bond

I would be on the fence about trading Plekanec. He is Montreal's most complete forward and center.
If Montreal is to trade Plekanec, I sure hope if for nothing less then an overpayment.
Montreal has given way to many players for discount prices and it's why they are in the boat there in now...last place in the east.

If for example, the Caps showed interest in him, it' starts with Kuznetsov and add from there, maybe a 2nd or a 3rd round pick.
Why so high price?Well if Gauthier puts Plekanec on the block, I'm sure there will be 29 team interested and 15 or so reallllll interested.

PS-I also predicted Gaustad's value

otto bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 11:07 AM
Halifaxhab

Keep in mind before crapping on each other about Plekanec getting traded or staying, that this is a trade board. This doesn't necessarily mean the fans WANT to trade him.

And come-on....even if they do, and we disagree with them, their thoughts are just as valid as ours.

If you don't want to play along, go to a different thread.

Geez, it's not like GMs read these damn things and make trades based on them....and before anyone says Gauthier should...keep in mind he likely can't read anyway...that and this isn't in French

12th Overall + Galiev (a 6'2'' 190lb RH top 6 prospect) is a valid and tempting offer for Plekanec.

OBVIOUSLY there are alot of what ifs involved before any trade ACTUALLY would happen. But if I saw this trade I wouldn't cry too long (mostly because this signals a full on rebuild)

Halifaxhab is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 12:39 PM
compile

vCash: 611
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbfan419 View Post
Because Galiev is a top young prospect and Plekanec while still a decent player is 30 already and not an elite player, you got to give something to get something. So the habs get a good young prospect plus an additional first round pick and at 12 or 13 would be a pretty good prospect to add. Plekanec alone is not enoung to get Galiev and the pick from the Caps and not sure they have anything else the Caps would want in that deal other than the pick in 2013.
Ya no.

Galiev even though talented has yet to do anything or prove his worth. At least everyone knows Plekanec is a competent 2nd line centre and a fantastic PKer.

compile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 03:12 PM
Drydenwasthebest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halifaxhab View Post
Keep in mind before crapping on each other about Plekanec getting traded or staying, that this is a trade board. This doesn't necessarily mean the fans WANT to trade him.

And come-on....even if they do, and we disagree with them, their thoughts are just as valid as ours.

If you don't want to play along, go to a different thread.

Geez, it's not like GMs read these damn things and make trades based on them....and before anyone says Gauthier should...keep in mind he likely can't read anyway...that and this isn't in French

12th Overall + Galiev (a 6'2'' 190lb RH top 6 prospect) is a valid and tempting offer for Plekanec.

OBVIOUSLY there are alot of what ifs involved before any trade ACTUALLY would happen. But if I saw this trade I wouldn't cry too long (mostly because this signals a full on rebuild)
I have no problem discussing "value of" trades. I have a lot of problems losing our top center for a mid 1st and a winger prospect. We have enough on the wingsacioretty, Cole, Gionta, and Bourque will be our top 6 wingers. We need a big center for our top 6. As such, Galiev does nothing for us that addresses our actual needs. Johansson is a big potentially good/great center. If we trade Plekanec, we have to address an area of NEED over an area that isn't a big problem. Heck, I would rather give a shot to Gallagher than to lose Plekanec for Galiev and a pick.

So, lose our best center for a young center with equivalent or better upside is something I wouldn't cry over. Losing our best center for Galiev??? The pick is not enough to tempt me to do it. Need position over stacked position is more tempting.

Drydenwasthebest is offline   Reply With Quote