HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rangers @ Canes

Old
03-02-2012, 12:23 AM
Rangers Fail
free james sheppard

vCash: 500
The double standard for some players on this board is ridiculous. Dubi deserved to get Dog-housed. It was a completely moronic penalty to take, and it certainly hasn't been the first one this year. If Mitchell takes a penalty like that, there will not be a single defender of his actions on these boards.

But Dubi is HOMEGROWN!! So it's OK that he has played like **** for 60 games this season. As long as he is homegrown, it's OK.

He is a man, not a child. If he can't screw his head on straight, then we're stuck with him and his 4.2 million. He shouldn't need free passes from Torts in order to get his head out of his ass.

Rangers Fail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 12:28 AM
Zil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno View Post
big....very....big.
There was this one play where he tapped his stick a few times and then Del Zotto passed it to him and then he skated to the red line and dumped the puck into the zone. Then Micheletti spent 30 seconds to a minute highlighting the brilliance of it.

Zil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 12:41 AM
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato

Really not enthused by Skinner's hit on Staal. He knew exactly what he was doing; applying pressure on that waistline pant-seam is the easiest way to take someone's legs out from under them (I sure did it in front of the net). To do so at full speed as someone is racing into the boards makes my blood boil.

03-02-2012, 12:47 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by HatTrick Swayze View Post
Really not enthused by Skinner's hit on Staal. He knew exactly what he was doing; applying pressure on that waistline pant-seam is the easiest way to take someone's legs out from under them (I sure did it in front of the net). To do so at full speed as someone is racing into the boards makes my blood boil.
i agree with this. ive had that done to me...its next to impossible to keep your balance like that.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 12:53 AM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnaby View Post
Maybe they should start benching him. Dubinsky is a man - not a child - and this is his career. We've all seen him do it in the past so we know he can. Is he snake bit? Is he enjoying his new bloated contract? Is he too busy playing house with his new fiancé? Idk, but it's been 60+ games already. He needs to man up - not be coddled.
Aside from not putting up points, he's been playing pretty well in other aspects of his game. He's played well defensively and certainly on the PK.... He's not a player who's struggling in all facets of his game, just offensively. If he was struggling in all aspects of his game I'd advocate benching him but I certainly don't advocate doing that when he's contributing to the team in other areas. I certainly don't support benching him in a game when Callahan is out of the line-up and Dubi & Cally comprise our top PK unit. Dubinsky should have been out there killing penalties with his fresh legs.

Last edited by wolfgaze: 03-02-2012 at 01:07 AM.
wolfgaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 12:54 AM
ThisYearsModel

Dubi needs to get the Prucha treatment a couple times.

ThisYearsModel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 12:57 AM
Salsa Shark

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisYearsModel View Post
Dubi needs to get the Prucha treatment a couple times.
yea man we should trade his ass to Phoenix

Salsa Shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 12:58 AM
Kane One
HFB Partner

vCash: 2550
I wasn't participating in the GDT as usual, so I'm wondering if there was a lot of crazy Biron hate. I thought he played a solid game..

03-02-2012, 01:04 AM
IBleedNYRBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaneone View Post
I wasn't participating in the GDT as usual, so I'm wondering if there was a lot of crazy Biron hate. I thought he played a solid game..
Not really.

A little after the five-hole goal, but after that no. Biron played great. Made a lot of key saves. That one save he made with his right pad I believe, after a shot off a rebound was incredible.

IBleedNYRBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 01:05 AM
Petemo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthJerseyRanger View Post
Ever since the infamous Ottawa game dropped us to 3-3-3, when this entire board was about ready to jump off a cliff... declaring that the Rangers were to be completely massacred by the Sharks in the upcoming home game...

38-12-3

That is a winning percentage of .717, and a points earned percentage of 74.5%, ladies and gentlemen

For a little perspective... that would translate to a 122 pt regular season in the NHL, and a 116 win season in the MLB.

Sup 2001 Mariners.

But this is amazing and feels absurd. Plus being at the Ottawa game was horrible...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zil View Post
Why? Hagelin has outplayed Dubi all year and played at a 50 point pace. Dubi doesn't deserve that spot with the way Hagelin's playing.
AGREED. Why should we reward Dubi and punish Hagelin?

Petemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 01:22 AM
The Sweetness

Hopefully Dubi starts playing with some urgency to his game after this benching. It's baffling to see someone his size with speed, balance and puck skills drive to the net so rarely. He hasn't really played to his strengths all season. I think leading the team in points last year got to his head and he changed his game and stopped doing what made him successful.

The Sweetness is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 01:28 AM
Barnaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze View Post
Aside from not putting up points, he's been playing pretty well in other aspects of his game. He's played well defensively and certainly on the PK.... He's not a player who's struggling in all facets of his game, just offensively. If he was struggling in all aspects of his game I'd advocate benching him but I certainly don't advocate doing that when he's contributing to the team in other areas. I certainly don't support benching him in a game when Callahan is out of the line-up and Dubi & Cally comprise our top PK unit. Dubinsky should have been out there killing penalties with his fresh legs.
I meant that as a reply to the poster who was horriied that he could be benched. I'm not saying that he should be outright benched or scratched, but he is certainly not above it i the trend continues either. He needs to get it together.

Edit: It was your original post. I he does something stupid again like he did last night, then I wouldn't have an issue with him sitting a game or two. At this point, I wouldn't do it - but like I said he isn't above it, and it may not hurt him to spend a week watching in the stands to rejuvenate him and let him get in some hard practices.

Barnaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 01:48 AM
Vidic15*

Biron wins because of the Rangers defense and pure luck. He plays goal like he's on Xanax. He's so god damn nonchalant in goal, it's ridiculous. Great wins by our boys, regardless. LGR!!!!

Vidic15* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 02:05 AM
IfYouCantEtemJoinEm
so hot right now

vCash: 983
Why hasn't Feds - Boyle - Prust been a line for the majority of this season? They were consistently the best line on the ice last season.

They just play well together.

IfYouCantEtemJoinEm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 02:52 AM
Swedish Fish
CONQUERED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vidic15 View Post
Biron wins because of the Rangers defense and pure luck. He plays goal like he's on Xanax. He's so god damn nonchalant in goal, it's ridiculous. Great wins by our boys, regardless. LGR!!!!
Pure luck? Cmon give the guy some credit he had a strong game.

Swedish Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 03:18 AM
Barnaby

Biron has been lousy on shoot outs lately, but I honestly feel that he's a top 5 backup in the NHL - and a good lockeroom guy which is a nice plus.

Barnaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 03:29 AM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Dubi absolutely deserved to be benched. Atrocious all season and then you do the same thing that MDZ did, and Torts called him out for it in public, damn ****ing straight you're going to be used as an example.

All I know is he better wake the **** up soon.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 04:16 AM
Draft Guru

vCash: 920
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
Dubi absolutely deserved to be benched. Atrocious all season and then you do the same thing that MDZ did, and Torts called him out for it in public, damn ****ing straight you're going to be used as an example.

All I know is he better wake the **** up soon.
Why is everyone comparing Dubi's penalty to MDZ's? MDZ tried to pass a stick to a teammate, Dubi grabbed an opponents stick out of his hands during a scrum in front of the net after a whistle and threw it across the ice at the boards...

Draft Guru is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 04:59 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Dubinsky has not been used very much on the PK in the last few weeks. Torts has given those minutes to other players. AA has taken those minutes. Hagelin and Stepan are getting the tap on the shoulder more than Dubinsky. Boyle-Prust,Stepan-Hagelin and AA-Fedotenko were the pairs on the 4 minute penalty last night.

He needs to wake up. If they need to embarrass him into playing better,that might be the only recourse.

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 05:28 AM
pld459666

Dubinsky took a very stupid, selfish and un Rangers like penalty last night. I have no problems with Torts sitting him for the rest of the game.

Last nights game was impressive on a few fronts.

We didn't have Callahan to start.

Dubi pulled a bone-headed move that got him glues to the bench.

Del Zotto did not play in the 3rd

three important pieces not available for the 3rd and the Rangers still pulled this out.

That was a good win.

pld459666 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 05:32 AM
Levitate

Dubinsky changed his workout routine last summer because of the stress fracture he had last season. I wonder if that has had some impact on his play this year

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 06:08 AM
egelband

wow! captain kirk praised the rangers without any diminishing caveat. at least i didn't hear of him qualifying his praise. that's nice, if true. usually it's, they're lucky or play a good defensive system (and have no skill). props to muller!

egelband is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 06:36 AM
Sticky Fingers
Hayes dangle

Quote:
Originally Posted by nafsregnar21 View Post
Prust, Gaborik, and McDonagh are my three stars. HM to Stepan, Boyle, Anisimov, and Biron. Hope DZ is okay.
Exactly!!!
Well played!

Sticky Fingers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 06:47 AM
Sticky Fingers
Hayes dangle

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze View Post
What Dubi is doing right now you can get for 1.5-2 million/year. Prust is a good example of that. Dubi is playing like **** considering what he is getting payed. Benching him was about time. And I would even say that he's not good in every other aspect of the game, his passing is totally off, he is bad with the offside and most important, he is not even laying out good hits anymore. Not comparing to last year.
For now Mitchell>Dubinsky

And for benching him. If that had been Wolski taking that penalty and he hadn't been benched, it would have been a riot around here. But hey, it's Dubi!

Sticky Fingers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 07:31 AM
blue425

Quote:
Originally Posted by B1SHOP View Post
feels surreal, man.
They are very quietly running away with the East. I hope they run until June.

Though I would be happy if they ran till the end of May..

blue425 is offline   Reply With Quote