HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Positive article from Burnside??????

Old
03-01-2012, 04:59 PM
Gnashville
Never trade Weber

vCash: 500
Positive article from Burnside??????

http://espn.go.com/blog/nhl/post/_/i...s-in-the-south

http://espn.go.com/nhl/story/_/id/76...-creating-buzz

WTF Burnside pimping Nashville

The Mayans were right!!! Run for the Tennessee Hills!!!!!!

Gnashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2012, 05:09 PM
Top 6 Spaling

In fairness, he kinda turns against us at the end.

Whew! Crisis averted

Top 6 Spaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2012, 05:25 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

This article does explain the zombies I saw running around this morning.

101st_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2012, 05:49 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101st_fan View Post
This article does explain the zombies I saw running around this morning.
What did you use? 50 cal or chainsaw?

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2012, 05:51 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
What did you use? 50 cal or chainsaw?
Powerpoint slides

Old
03-01-2012, 06:23 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101st_fan View Post
Powerpoint slides
Ah yes! Any blue screen of death?

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 07:14 AM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

I can't stand Burnside (constantly chastises southern hockey even though he lives in Atlanta), but for the most part, nice article.

AtlantaWhaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 08:13 AM
Cashville
RIP Lindback

vCash: 1225
Yeah I thought it was a pretty mediocre article. Not a fan of Burnside really.

Cashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 08:15 AM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

Burnside has actually been a lot more respectful of Nashville over the past few seasons. Seems like once the city really stepped up to save the team his view changed.

TMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 10:10 AM
token grinder

the guy can't win for losing here...

Why can't we be happy we have an top news item on ESPN? He reported nothing false, or even a negative item. He touched the situation with 6 and 20 and before that had a ton of positive press for our team.

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 10:31 AM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by token grinder View Post

Why can't we be happy we have an top news item on ESPN? He reported nothing false, or even a negative item. He touched the situation with 6 and 20 and before that had a ton of positive press for our team.
Wgaf ? ... I hope that network is put out of business by nbcsn, I can't remember the last time I checked that **** show of a website/channel

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 11:01 AM
Bongo

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaWhaler View Post
I can't stand Burnside (constantly chastises southern hockey even though he lives in Atlanta), but for the most part, nice article.
If he were using the Thrashers as his template, it's no wonder he was critical of southern hockey. That team was never meant to be any kind of successful enterprise.

Even a hack like Scott has to acknowledge the good job that's being done in Nashville.

Bongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 11:29 AM
VFL615*

T.V. ratings would be a lot better if they did advertising for it and people actually knew the games where on. Your average fan getting on the wagon has no idea they are on t.v. much less the person who lives in the area who might go to a game for family fun.

It would also help if games like the recent ones against the Blues and Sharks were on t.v. for example.

If they would work with other cities besides the Franklin and Brentwood area to grow the game with youth beacause a ton of just as talented kids live in Smyrna, Boro, Lebanon, MJ, Gallatin, and Hendersonville.

VFL615* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 11:52 AM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by VFL615 View Post
T.V. ratings would be a lot better if they did advertising for it and people actually knew the games where on. Your average fan getting on the wagon has no idea they are on t.v. much less the person who lives in the area who might go to a game for family fun.

It would also help if games like the recent ones against the Blues and Sharks were on t.v. for example.

If they would work with other cities besides the Franklin and Brentwood area to grow the game with youth beacause a ton of just as talented kids live in Smyrna, Boro, Lebanon, MJ, Gallatin, and Hendersonville.
They do advertise. Maybe they could advertise more, but right now TV ratings aren't as important as ticket sales (edit: I just got around to reading the second article, and Cogen said essentially the same thing). Also, over the next few seasons the amount of games shown on TV will increase until finally all of them are shown.

I'm pretty sure M'Boro is getting some ice in the Barfield area.

TMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 12:43 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
They do advertise. Maybe they could advertise more, but right now TV ratings aren't as important as ticket sales (edit: I just got around to reading the second article, and Cogen said essentially the same thing). Also, over the next few seasons the amount of games shown on TV will increase until finally all of them are shown.

Rinks are expensive to build and maintain. We're talking five figure monthly power bills, seven figure construction costs for the most basic facilities. Everyone clamors that we need more rinks, but, they aren't the most financially simple propositions in a hot, humid area. Eventually, Middle Tennessee will have a few more sheets but it will take time and investors willing to front quite a bit of money ... and people willing to pay the fees for ice time.

Old
03-02-2012, 01:45 PM
utmfisher19

Send a message via AIM to utmfisher19 Send a message via MSN to utmfisher19 Send a message via Yahoo to utmfisher19
Quote:
Originally Posted by token grinder View Post

A freaking Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoarding Assets View Post
Wgaf ? ... I hope that network is put out of business by nbcsn, I can't remember the last time I checked that **** show of a website/channel
What's worse, your bias AGAINST ESPN or ESPN's bias against the NHL?

I'll have to go with your bias against ESPN. Therefore, pot meet kettle.

utmfisher19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 01:30 PM
VFL615*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post

They advertise games which i admit a lot more than they used to. I have never heard on the radio any mention of it being on t.v. and what station, they only mention the games and tickets. I know they are interested in selling tickets but a lot of people cannot afford to go but can be huge fans with merchandise support and sporting gear in public that other people see and ultimately think its cool and follow. On t.v. you only see it during a game not on the standard 2,4,5,17,30 local stations on days leading up to games.

I know Lebanon had plans to build a hockey facility that would house a minor league team. I do not think it got past the tight wad panel at the city and county who are only interested in making their pockets fatter and voting the opposite of whatever the political enemy votes

VFL615* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 02:16 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by VFL615 View Post
They advertise games which i admit a lot more than they used to. I have never heard on the radio any mention of it being on t.v. and what station, they only mention the games and tickets. I know they are interested in selling tickets but a lot of people cannot afford to go but can be huge fans with merchandise support and sporting gear in public that other people see and ultimately think its cool and follow. On t.v. you only see it during a game not on the standard 2,4,5,17,30 local stations on days leading up to games.

I know Lebanon had plans to build a hockey facility that would house a minor league team. I do not think it got past the tight wad panel at the city and county who are only interested in making their pockets fatter and voting the opposite of whatever the political enemy votes
I saw a commercial today on NBC regarding the Preds - Kings game that is upcoming

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote