HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Peat!!

Closed Thread

Old
11-12-2003, 09:42 PM
DaleHunter

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to DaleHunter
Quote:
Originally Posted by WHurricane16
Mmmm, I'll repeat what you said: "He just needs to tie his sweater down a bit tighter so he can't get jersied." Now I'll add to it: "so opposing fighters won't plunder his ass" Boulerice won that.

Did you see Peat hit out there! Wow! He sure did clean 5'8" Marty Murray's clock.

Pathetic. That's why Boulerice plundered his ass. Why couldn't Peat do that to Brashear?

Plundered? What is he? Some kind of ass-pirate? The fight was completely even, both fighters giving as much as they were getting. It wasn't until Boulerice shifted his holding hand and Peat's jersey went up and over his dome. Then Boulerice got a few shots in while Peat wondered who turned off the lights. Linesmen started jumping in and Peat threw a couple more hard lefts, sight be damned.

There was no cut opened on Peat. He didn't go wobbly. He didn't turtle. He threw almost as many as he took. Therefore the fight was a draw.

You sound a little bitter about the scoreboard if you ask me... Seriously, our team sucks baaaaad right now. An AHL defense and you couldn't score with 6 straight minutes of PP time? THAT is what is pathetic.

As for your last question, "why couldn't Peat do that to Brashear?" My answer is: I wish I knew. Maybe he didn't see it? I know he didn't get much ice time, if any, with Brashear on the ice for the rest of the night. I know Peat is willing to go with him. I wish he did. I wish someone on our team would finally stick up for one another.

Old
11-12-2003, 11:28 PM
c-carp

Quote:
Originally Posted by name
Wow, I'm suprised by the lack of support for txpd's notion that Peat should have done something about that hit. Brashear's hit was clean, but it cost the Caps a defenseman who's been putting up big minutes in an already decimated d corps. Peat should have stuck up for him because, in my mind, that's a big part of his job.
Agreer Clean hit or not you have to send a message, I am suprised Peaty didnt do anything he has fought Brash several times already? How has Peat donr in the scraps he has had se is one of my favorite young enforcers.

Old
11-12-2003, 11:30 PM
c-carp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caniacforever
Great game by you guys, the Canes obviously weren't ready one total bit. A fantastic game for you guys.

But calling that Boulerice/Peat tilt a draw is a little biased if you ask me. When the fight ends with Peat's helmet taken off and his jersey over his head after taking 4-5 clean shots, that is far from a draw.
Agreed I did see a clip of that fight and Boulerice suprisingly had the edge. When these teams play again I think Peat will get revenge.

Old
11-13-2003, 03:48 AM
CAPSDC

vCash:
<<<<Pathetic. That's why Boulerice plundered his ass. Why couldn't Peat do that to Brashear?>>>

Peat had 4 minutes TOI and none with Brashear......not his fault....

Old
11-13-2003, 04:12 AM
txpd

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAPSDC
<<<<Pathetic. That's why Boulerice plundered his ass. Why couldn't Peat do that to Brashear?>>>

Peat had 4 minutes TOI and none with Brashear......not his fault....
Do you know how to read the shift chart on NHL.com? It shows who is on the ice with who for an entire game...here is the shift chart for the flyers game.
http://www.nhl.com/onthefly/scoreboa...s/SC020180.HTM

Find #8, Eminger for his one shift. Then track down from his green on the ice square to see the 5 other green squares for the Caps that coincide. You will track down to Gordon, then Sutherby, then Gruden and down at the bottom Peat. So, we know that Peat was on when Eminger got hurt. We know that Brashear was the guy that hurt him er go Brashear and Peat were on the ice together.

Old
11-13-2003, 09:02 AM
HughJass*

Send a message via AIM to HughJass* Send a message via Yahoo to HughJass*
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleHunter
You sound a little bitter about the scoreboard if you ask me... Seriously, our team sucks baaaaad right now. An AHL defense and you couldn't score with 6 straight minutes of PP time? THAT is what is pathetic.
You are stating the obvious. I hate it when we do go on the power play!

I was very bitter last night :/ But calling the Peat Boulerice fight a draw isn't quite correct.

And this instigator rule is getting on my nerves. What was Boulerice to do? "Excuse, Stephen, would you like to duel? I'm shocked and appalled about your hit on tiny Marty Murray. Engarde!!!" Damn you, NHL.

http://www.hockey-fights.com/forums/...&Number=156514

Old
11-13-2003, 12:05 PM
name

Quote:
Originally Posted by c-carp
Agreer Clean hit or not you have to send a message, I am suprised Peaty didnt do anything he has fought Brash several times already? How has Peat donr in the scraps he has had se is one of my favorite young enforcers.
Heck I know he fought Parker the next night ( didn't see it though, so I don't know the circumstances or how he did ) so I'm not sure what the deal is.

Anyhow, I know I'm stating the obvious here, but the Peat / Boulerice fight is a textbook example of how an enforcer should deal with another enforcer putting a crushing hit on one of his teammates.

Old
11-13-2003, 12:14 PM
txpd

Quote:
Heck I know he fought Parker the next night ( didn't see it though, so I don't know the circumstances or how he did ) so I'm not sure what the deal is.

Anyhow, I know I'm stating the obvious here, but the Peat / Boulerice fight is a textbook example of how an enforcer should deal with another enforcer putting a crushing hit on one of his teammates.
maybe peat was taking notes.

Old
11-13-2003, 08:01 PM
DaleHunter

Send a message via MSN to DaleHunter
Quote:
Yes it is. And I know that Peat knows that. Which is why I think he probably just didn't see it or knew it happened until it was too late.

Closed Thread