HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Lundquist

Closed Thread

Old
01-31-2006, 08:09 AM
CanuckistanFlyerfan

vCash: 500
Lundquist

Wow. What a great kid this guy is. After reading through last nights game thread I thought I'd post this. How can ANY Ranger fan knock the game he had. Even with the OT loss I thought he should have been first star. Hey, if you don't want him, we'll take him.

Old
01-31-2006, 08:57 AM
Olympic nut

Send a message via AIM to 007 Send a message via MSN to 007
Our expectations are extremely high now...

Old
01-31-2006, 09:15 AM
Vodka Drunkenski

Send a message via AIM to Vodka Drunkenski Send a message via Yahoo to Vodka Drunkenski
Who's knocking him? The first goal was a fluke, second goal was a great deflection and the it took an absolutely perfect shot to beat him for the 3rd goal.

Lundqvist is a BEAST!

Old
01-31-2006, 09:24 AM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Come on guys, lets try and really concentrate on the name spelling...here's a phrase to help with HL's name:

"Lundqvist - there's only one U "

Old
01-31-2006, 09:24 AM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Seriously!

I was too depressed to read the thread last night, but were there people harshing on Henke?!?!?!?!?! He was fantastic. Two deflections (including one by his own player) and an absolutley perfect water-bottle-popper were the only three to get by him. I'll say it again - he was fantastic. I'm just as upset as everyone else, but that was one of those games where the team outplayed the other guys and the bounces just went wrong for the Rangers. It happens.

I very much suspect that we're about to see the Blueshirts go on a 5-7 game win streak (including this weekend vs the Flyers).

Old
01-31-2006, 09:55 AM
Vodka Drunkenski

Send a message via AIM to Vodka Drunkenski Send a message via Yahoo to Vodka Drunkenski
The Rangers didn't really outplay them. The Flyers physically dominated us, that's why the Brashear line played so well.

Old
01-31-2006, 10:15 AM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangersFan
The Rangers didn't really outplay them. The Flyers physically dominated us, that's why the Brashear line played so well.
Agreed that Brashear's line was better on most of its shifts than the line across from them, but I thought the Rangers' lines won most shifts against the other Flyers lines.

I mean, if you're a Flyer fan, don't you feel like you stole that one?

Old
01-31-2006, 10:35 AM
Vodka Drunkenski

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynRangerFan
Agreed that Brashear's line was better on most of its shifts than the line across from them, but I thought the Rangers' lines won most shifts against the other Flyers lines.

Considering having a 2-0 lead with 10 minutes left to play, yes the Rangers handed the game to them but I believe the Rangers didn't outplay like many are saying. There were constant turnovers in the nuetral zone for the Rangers and when the puck got deep in the Rangers zone, there were Flyer bodies flying all over looking to lay a hit...keeping the puck pinned deep.

Old
01-31-2006, 10:38 AM
Sather Hater

Quote:
The Flyers also out shot the Rangers 40 - 30.

Old
01-31-2006, 10:40 AM
Choice

Yes we have Henrik to thank for the game being 1-0 going into the third. Philly dominated in pretty much every other aspect of the game.

That being said, I'd start Weekes against Pitt.

Old
01-31-2006, 10:40 AM
BigCanada77
NYR in the Midwest

Send a message via AIM to BigCanada77
Quote:
Seriously!

I was too depressed to read the thread last night, but were there people harshing on Henke?!?!?!?!?! He was fantastic. Two deflections (including one by his own player) and an absolutley perfect water-bottle-popper were the only three to get by him. I'll say it again - he was fantastic. I'm just as upset as everyone else, but that was one of those games where the team outplayed the other guys and the bounces just went wrong for the Rangers. It happens.

I very much suspect that we're about to see the Blueshirts go on a 5-7 game win streak (including this weekend vs the Flyers).
There were ppl in the thread last night that were saying lundqvist completely choked in the third period and lost it for us. Dont worry though, there were more than enough ppl willing and able to shut those guys up

Old
01-31-2006, 10:44 AM
GraveyTrain09

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyChoice
Yes we have Henrik to thank for the game being 1-0 going into the third. Philly dominated in pretty much every other aspect of the game.

I think that would be the smart thing to do, give henrik some much deserved rest.

Old
01-31-2006, 10:47 AM
Vodka Drunkenski

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyChoice

I agree, give Lundqvist a breather.

Old
01-31-2006, 11:53 AM
DutchShamrock

Anyone posting that Lundqvist had anything to do with the loss is probably just a 12 year old Islander fan posing with a ranger screen name. No body in this league saves any of those shots unless they are blessed with pure luck. I don't think any of the 5 goals in the game were savable actually. Get a life, Henrik bashers.

Old
01-31-2006, 03:57 PM
Geogaddi

the first pitkanen goal was def a fluke...but a goal is a goal...the Richards goal was beautiful...and Jani's GW was absolutely a blast...the rangers had them most of the game...but in the last 5 minutes they got lazy...especially after it went to 2-1. They sat back trying to defend the lead...you can rarely do that anymore. The Flyers got away with a win on that game. LundQvist is a wall and was the only reason the flyers didnt tear us apart in the final minutes...and true Weekes needs a game here...

Old
01-31-2006, 04:54 PM
broadwayblue

well i think we also got a couple big breaks from the refs last night too. once a quick whistle waived off a goal when lundqvist never had control of the puck. later, a slapshot from the blue line that found it's way into the net was also waived off due to a "phantom" offsides call. they were never able to show a replay that confirmed anyone was offsides imo.

Old
01-31-2006, 05:07 PM
John Flyers Fan

Quote:
Not at all.

The Flyers were better in all aspects of the game, albeit not by large margins.

Flyers had more shots, more chances, more hits, more blocked shots, less giveaways and won more face-offs.

All in all a well played game by both teams. The refs missed a few things, but I liked the way they let both teams play a physical game. Both teams had some big hits.

Old
01-31-2006, 05:14 PM
DontStaal

Quote:
I agree, give Lundqvist a breather.
I'm totally for Henke.. i mean he played great. But you guys do realize that if Weekes gave up that goal we would all be on his back, and be bashing him like no tomorrow.

Yes, Lunqvist has earned the starting job but what about weekes. As much as we would all like, you cant just leave him to rot.

Old
01-31-2006, 05:59 PM
romba

Send a message via AIM to romba
Quote:
Originally Posted by rangersin06
I'm totally for Henke.. i mean he played great. But you guys do realize that if Weekes gave up that goal we would all be on his back, and be bashing him like no tomorrow.
Lundqvist earned his breather. Weekes has already used up his breather which he had earned earlier in the season. Plus Henrik is a rookie and Weekes is a well traveled Veteran.

Old
02-01-2006, 01:11 PM
broadwayblue

not sure if anyone else saw this...from John Buccigross'
recent article where he lists his 2005-06 NHL All-Star teams.

"G - Henrik Lundqvist: If he played on the Senators, he'd have 30 wins and seven shutouts."

Old
02-01-2006, 02:15 PM
Olympic nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Flyers Fan
Not at all.

Flyers had more shots, more chances, more hits, more blocked shots, less giveaways and won more face-offs.

All in all a well played game by both teams. The refs missed a few things, but I liked the way they let both teams play a physical game. Both teams had some big hits.
If I were a Flyers fan, I wouldn't have been happy with how they played the first half of the game. The second period they started to turn around, and the third and OT they played very well indeed. The first period they were totally passive, almost timid. Esche had to come up big to keep from going further down. Shows that the Rangers need much more of a killer instinct. Too many players think 'pass' rather than 'score'.

Old
02-01-2006, 02:18 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007
Too many players think 'pass' rather than 'score'.
Well, that's for D*MN sure.

Old
02-01-2006, 02:20 PM
SChan*

I think it has to do with people having very high expectations on lundqvist. He is an amazing goaltender, but only human.

Old
02-01-2006, 02:43 PM
Shadowtron

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Flyers Fan
Not at all.

I think it's more a reference to the short time span in which the Rangers lost it. The tone of your message indicates to me that you weren't the least bit surprised because the Flyers were the better team. But, you had to be wiping at a bit of sweat from your brow over this one. We're talking 5 and a half periods of scoreless hockey for the Flyers during a stretch of games that nearly brought a comfortable Atlantic division lead down to a point. 10 minutes to go Rangers fans are thinking shut out and Flyer fans had to be a bit concerned about the state of their team. 10 minutes later Pitkanen has his hands in the air celebrating a 3-2 OT win. Now, I'm sure there's a greater sense of being robbed amongst Rangers fans than there is the sense of having stolen something amongst Flyers fans. But there had to be some nail biting and concern going into that game and particularly late in 3rd still down 2-0.

Old
02-01-2006, 02:49 PM
Olympic nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowtron
I think it's more a reference to the short time span in which the Rangers lost it. The tone of your message indicates to me that you weren't the least bit surprised because the Flyers were the better team. But, you had to be wiping at a bit of sweat from your brow over this one. We're talking 5 and a half periods of scoreless hockey for the Flyers during a stretch of games that nearly brought a comfortable Atlantic division lead down to a point. 10 minutes to go Rangers fans are thinking shut out and Flyer fans had to be a bit concerned about the state of their team. 10 minutes later Pitkanen has his hands in the air celebrating a 3-2 OT win. Now, I'm sure there's a greater sense of being robbed amongst Rangers fans than there is the sense of having stolen something amongst Flyers fans. But there had to be some nail biting and concern going into that game and particularly late in 3rd still down 2-0.
I think you're absolutely right. Unfortunately for us Rangers fans, this is exactly the sort of win that turns around a losing streak. The next game for the Flyers will be telling.

Closed Thread