HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

A top 10 pick to the Flyers

Old
03-01-2012, 11:00 PM
orange is better
than other colors...

vCash: 500
A top 10 pick to the Flyers

I would really love it if the flyers could get into a top 10 spot in the draft to try and get a crack at a guy like Griffin Reinhart.

Would a package like; Voracek + Flyers 1st be enough?

orange is better is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2012, 11:02 PM
ColePens
Global Moderator
Your Savior

Send a message via AIM to ColePens
I'd give my 7-10 for a proven player and a first any day. Especially voracek. I don't think Philly would make that deal, though.

ColePens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2012, 11:03 PM
palindrom

I would give 4-10th overall it for couturier

palindrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2012, 11:04 PM
dogbazinho

I gotta think the Hurricanes would do it if they picked 5-10.

dogbazinho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 02:21 AM
7even
Deus Ex Machina

You somehow magicked Sean Couturier last year, can't you just be satisfied already?

7even is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 03:38 AM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by orange is better View Post
I would really love it if the flyers could get into a top 10 spot in the draft to try and get a crack at a guy like Griffin Reinhart.

In each of the past two drafts ,Snow has shopped his 5th overall pick ,stubbornly refusing quantity for quality trades.He's wanted a young ,potential stud for the young,potential stud he felt he was passing up.

Strang in NY Newsday said he wanted a 20-22 yr old.Imo he wanted someone so young because they'd be yrs from unrestricted free agency and could grow with his young team.

the isles have a glut of young forwards/forward prospects.A deeper pool of forwards then young defensemen/defensive prospects.I expect Snow to come out of the first round with a d-man.

Do the Flyers have a very young blueliner to offer up ? One with the upside of a Murry,Dumba or Trouba?

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 03:53 AM
ichabod13

Quote:
Griffin Reinhart.
no.
reinhart lands on long island.

ichabod13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 04:07 AM
Exit Dose

Quote:
Anaheim is a bad fit. You can cross us off the list. I think we're one of the most likely to trade our first, but wingers won't get it done at all.

Exit Dose is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 05:04 AM
Psuhockey

JVR for Torontos 1st which is looking like a top 10 with their plummet. Brian Burke needs to make the playoffs next year so the Flyers might be able to also get a b-level prospect thrown in like Holzer.

Psuhockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 06:55 AM
SIDGENO8771

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psuhockey View Post
JVR for Torontos 1st which is looking like a top 10 with their plummet. Brian Burke needs to make the playoffs next year so the Flyers might be able to also get a b-level prospect thrown in like Holzer.
We wont send a top 10 pick for an often injured player. We are gonna lose a lot more games than we r gonna win. I wont be surprised if we get a top 5 pick. Maybe JVR + 1st or Couturier+1st or Schenn + 1st. If we win the draft lotttery, we could draft Yakupov. You guyz wont trade any of JVR, Schenn, Couturier and a 1st for our pick. JVR is a bust, while Schenn and Couturier is too valuable to u guyz. Our pick is just as untouchable as Couturier is 2 u guyz.

SIDGENO8771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 07:05 AM
Schennanigans
HFBoards Sponsor

If this is a trade that is not done until the actual draft. The Leafs picking 8th and they aren't too high on what's available, than I could see a straight swap of JVR. But that is after they have weighed all options including trading the pick in a package for Nash.

Schennanigans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 07:09 AM
Kaktus*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devonator View Post
Are you trolling or actually serious???
I think he was serious. Does it matter?

Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 07:12 AM
vezna*
Canada's Team

Quote:
Lol. I'm okay with getting rid of Burke if he's stupid enough to do this.

vezna* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 07:45 AM
Psuhockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIDGENO8771 View Post
We wont send a top 10 pick for an often injured player..
Often injured player? One year of injuries and that player if often injured. By that logic, Jeffrey Lupul is made of glass with his injury history and has next to no value..... I agree that in a normal draft year, JVR might not be worth a top ten pick, and absolutely not top 5, but this year is looking devoid of top end talent, specifically offensive. After Yakupov, Forsberg, Galchenyuk, and Grigorenko, there is a serious drop off in offensive talent after that, especially if Toronto is looking for a prospect with size.

Old
03-02-2012, 07:47 AM
vezna*
Canada's Team

Quote:
Often injured player? One year of injuries and that player if often injured. By that logic, Jeffrey Lupul is made of glass with his injury history and has next to no value..... I agree that in a normal draft year, JVR might not be worth a top ten pick, and absolutely not top 5, but this year is looking devoid of top end talent, specifically offensive. After Yakupov, Forsberg, Galchenyuk, and Grigorenko, there is a serious drop off in offensive talent after that, especially if Toronto is looking for a prospect with size.
What's your point? Toronto could be drafting in the top 5 if they continue to free fall.

Guys like Dumba and Murray are rated higher than Forsberg. Not to mention Faksa is another big C the Leafs would love to have.

Those 3 + the 4 you mentioned, looks like there's good talent in the top 7.

Old
03-02-2012, 07:58 AM
7even
Deus Ex Machina

Quote:
6th in league scoring gives you some value. I think SIDGENO8771's argument is that JVR has a history of concussions and hasn't had a breakout season yet, so the move would be risky for the Leafs.

7even is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 08:03 AM
Psuhockey

My point is that Brian Burke needs to make the playoffs next year, just like Howson needed to make the playoffs last year and overpaid for Carter. Unlike in Columbus, Burke will get fired though so drafting Faksa won't help his cause. It's hard to speculate who would be available for trade at the draft, but if he is looking for help, you have Nash and what other high end player will be available. Desperate GMs make poor decisions when their job is on the line.

Old
03-02-2012, 08:06 AM
IceDaddy
24 and Counting

After the lottery, if the Habs fall out of the top 3 I would give up the pick for a big center....I wont mention any names but you get the idea....

IceDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 08:10 AM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Where do the flyers project to draft ? Around 20th ?

As a hab fan, Voracek and a pick around 20th isn't enticing enough for me.

Analyzer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 08:12 AM
vezna*
Canada's Team

Quote:
My point is that Brian Burke needs to make the playoffs next year, just like Howson needed to make the playoffs last year and overpaid for Carter. Unlike in Columbus, Burke will get fired though so drafting Faksa won't help his cause. It's hard to speculate who would be available for trade at the draft, but if he is looking for help, you have Nash and what other high end player will be available. Desperate GMs make poor decisions when their job is on the line.
Good thing Burke's not getting fired. Where are you getting your information from?

Old
03-02-2012, 08:49 AM
Psuhockey

Brian Burke is not on the hot seat? I was just assuming that four years out of the playoffs and potentially 3 straight years in the bottom 10 of the league would put tremedous pressue on him for next year in the Toronto market.

Old
03-02-2012, 08:58 AM
oilsands
shut 'em down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vezna View Post
Lol. I'm okay with getting rid of Burke if he's stupid enough to do this.
JVR is a young 20 goal scorer with size and immense potential. You won't get anyone at #8 better than him.

oilsands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 09:05 AM
waitin425

The value of your proposal isn't too bad, but the bottom line is teams in the top 10 would only take Couturier or Schenn or add to their top 10 for Giroux.

For fun...Montreal offers 1st round pick (2nd overall) + Beaulieu for Giroux.

Quit being so greedy Philly fans, you guys are stacked enough with young talent.

waitin425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 09:19 AM
IceDaddy
24 and Counting

Quote:
Originally Posted by waitin425 View Post
The value of your proposal isn't too bad, but the bottom line is teams in the top 10 would only take Couturier or Schenn or add to their top 10 for Giroux.

For fun...Montreal offers 1st round pick (2nd overall) + Beaulieu for Giroux.

Quit being so greedy Philly fans, you guys are stacked enough with young talent.
Im a HUGE habs fan and even I know that is just crazy talk right there...The Habs could throw everything of value they have and The Flyers would still say no.

IceDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 09:24 AM
birddog*

Quote:

I don't think anyone is getting excited enough about Varachek to give up a crack at a top prospect. This guy has tools but can't put it together. I know if it's my top ten pick the word Vorachek makes me turn the other way. JVR, Coutourier, Schenn then I'm listening.

birddog* is offline   Reply With Quote