HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Stu Bickel?

Old
02-27-2012, 10:25 PM
Giacomin

vCash: 500
Bickel seems like a player who brings something to the chemistry of the team. He played his ass off tonight!

Giacomin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 10:44 AM
NYR Viper

Just wanted to bump this because I thought he played well last night. He keeps the game simple and makes good, solid passes. He almost reminds me of Mike Sauer as they play a similar game. Mike is just a bit smoother of a skater.

He played about 11:35 of ice time last night, had 1 assist and was a +2.

I like him. It's difficult to describe but I think he has a future as a legit NHL top-6 D-man.

Agree? Disagree?

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 10:50 AM
kovazub94
Enigmatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
Just wanted to bump this because I thought he played well last night. He keeps the game simple and makes good, solid passes. He almost reminds me of Mike Sauer as they play a similar game. Mike is just a bit smoother of a skater.

I like him. It's difficult to describe but I think he has a future as a legit NHL top-6 D-man.

Agree? Disagree?
In the post game thread - he's one of my 3 stars from last night.

kovazub94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 10:52 AM
avery16*

he plays simple hard game doesnt take **** from anyone will play any position and do it well.. he knows how to play hockey, he looks like a dummy though, and his skating is subpar, but he makes it work... no wonder torts likes the guy.. bickel is an old time hockey player.. remeber when orr first started with the rangers? couldnt even skate.. players do improve.. bickel is a solid number 7 dman, and he seems like he would love the roll.

avery16* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 10:55 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:

Agree? Disagree?
I think you're doing a great disservice to Michael Sauer comparing the two.

I like Bickel, but what you see is what you get. More than anything hes in the lineup because he adds "jam" as Torts likes to say. Dont really know if he has an NHL future (especially here).

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 10:56 AM
Mio41
Ron Harris #3

Love the way he went right after Skinner after he sent Staal into the boards, oldtime hockey and about 3 cross checks and didn't draw a penalty

Mio41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 10:59 AM
E-Train

Quote:

Agree? Disagree?
I agree, I think I posted something similar before. Sauer is a can skate much better, Bickel can fight much better but I do see similarities in their game. The skating is the difference in the NHL though. Sauer is a legit 2nd pairing defenseman. Don't see Bickel going beyond a #6 but an NHLer nonetheless.

E-Train is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 11:32 AM
Onion Boy

I enjoyed Bickel/Rupp giving Skinner the Kopecky treatment last night.

Onion Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 11:37 AM
eco's bones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
I think you're doing a great disservice to Michael Sauer comparing the two.

I like Bickel, but what you see is what you get. More than anything hes in the lineup because he adds "jam" as Torts likes to say. Dont really know if he has an NHL future (especially here).
Sauer would on most teams be a top 4 guy. With us he's more or less a 5. He's a level above Bickel. Bickel is tougher. A better fighter. With us he is kind of borderline but he's going to be almost without a doubt a regular bottom pairing NHL d-man though maybe not for us. He's decent to good in the defensive end of the ice--capable and smart enough to make the simple play and he's more than tough enough. He has a future.

eco's bones is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 11:40 AM
True Blue

Quote:
No reason that he cannot be a #6. Reminds me of Jay Wells. He does not play outside of himself. Seems to be able to make a smart keep in and keeps his gave very simple.

True Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 11:41 AM
Sky Valley

Send a message via AIM to Sky Valley
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mio41 View Post
Love the way he went right after Skinner after he sent Staal into the boards, oldtime hockey and about 3 cross checks and didn't draw a penalty
Thought that was hilarious just because Skinner isn't exactly huge and suddenly he had Rupp squeezing him to the glass like he was juicing an orange, Bickell face washing him, and Scott trying to move two guys out of the way to get in on it too.

Sky Valley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 11:50 AM
Sean Aviary
Chirp! Chirp!

Bickel is awesome and he's a great combination of a 13th forward and 7th defenseman since the Rangers have tons of defensive depth but they're kind of short on forwards. He really makes a third or fourth line into a checking line, and he's also good because he can usually be a solid enough DFD that Staal can add a bit more offense. No wonder Torts likes him.

Sean Aviary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 04:43 PM
bernmeister

Quote:

Agree? Disagree?
Agree. I don't see him developing above 4 at best on a weak team, but solid 5-6, + he can spell LW in a pinch. Provides toughness, doesn't make Prust + Rupp do all the punching.

Very pleased so far with him.

bernmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 05:01 PM
Draft Guru

vCash: 920
For a guy we originally acquired for NIGEL FREAKIN' WILLIAMS (Jonathan.'s favorite prospect of all-time, btw ) you have to be impressed with how he's developed, even though his upside is a bottom-pair guy

Draft Guru is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 05:30 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 50
Awards:
I'd like to keep him around as a 7th D/13th F. I like the versatility, and he's a good team player. If you limit his minutes he's fine.

nyr2k2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 05:33 PM
ECL
Very slippery slope

Send a message via AIM to ECL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft Guru View Post
For a guy we originally acquired for NIGEL FREAKIN' WILLIAMS (Jonathan.'s favorite prospect of all-time, btw ) you have to be impressed with how he's developed, even though his upside is a bottom-pair guy
Don't you even mention his name and mine in the same sentence, you son of a *****! You sully my name by doing so!!!

ECL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 05:35 PM
ECL
Very slippery slope

Send a message via AIM to ECL
Also, did that loser retire? Hasn't played this year.

ECL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2012, 11:13 AM
bernmeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft Guru View Post
Lay off Jonathan, he had his reasons, even if he fumbled that one, he usually knows what he's talking about.
If you're going to make fun of someone for backing the wrong freakin horse, let me remind you I was the guy backing Tysen Dowzak, LOL

Which is a pity because if only the guy could skate and had enough hockey sense, he had great physical tools to be a stay at home D!

bernmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2012, 12:11 PM
Punxrocknyc19*

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernmeister View Post
Lay off Jonathan, he had his reasons, even if he fumbled that one, he usually knows what he's talking about.
If you're going to make fun of someone for backing the wrong freakin horse, let me remind you I was the guy backing Tysen Dowzak, LOL

Which is a pity because if only the guy could skate and had enough hockey sense, he had great physical tools to be a stay at home D!
i was backing Devin DiDiomete saying he was gonna be a PJ Stock/Tyson Nash type

Punxrocknyc19* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2012, 12:18 PM
TCRF
RICK. GNASH

vCash: 476
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky Valley View Post
Thought that was hilarious just because Skinner isn't exactly huge and suddenly he had Rupp squeezing him to the glass like he was juicing an orange, Bickell face washing him, and Scott trying to move two guys out of the way to get in on it too.
I picture Scott take someone and throwing him over the boards. lol

TCRF is offline   Reply With Quote