HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Im actually worried about the playoff seeding

Old
03-02-2012, 10:32 AM
Thordic
StraightOuttaConklin

vCash: 500
Pittsburgh may have just lost Letang, which hurts them. I'm hoping Crosby and Letang just stay out the rest of the year. That opens things up for us.

I know people who says "Oh no I want to beat the best so there's no asterisks or excuses" but that's a load of crap to me. You take advantage of what you can, and you win.

Thordic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 10:32 AM
Crease

Do you realize how amped the locker room is going to be if they have a chance to return the favor to Washington? I wouldn't want to be in Washington's shoes.

Crease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 10:37 AM
bgroban

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crease View Post
Do you realize how amped the locker room is going to be if they have a chance to return the favor to Washington? I wouldn't want to be in Washington's shoes.
I am sure Washington will be just as amped to have the opportunity to knock out the Presidents Cup winners in the first round.

bgroban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 10:42 AM
chip chipperson*

bill tetley wants to play the caps. the garden should still do the boudreu chant.

chip chipperson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 10:52 AM
nevesis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numinous View Post
Why Worry?

YOU HAVE TO BEAT THE BEST TO BE THE BEST!!

If they get picked off in the 1st round, they don't deserve to party with the cup.

That's what "the process" Torts talks about all the time is all about. This is a good team, they work hard. But do they have the right mix of youth, leadership, grit, and an overall understanding of what it takes to make through the rounds and to the final?

This is why they went out and got Brad Richards and Mike Rupp, Feds... I honestly think this team is built for the playoffs. Sather has done a GREAT job setting the table. Stay healthy and play Torts hockey and this team is going to steamroll through the east.
GREAT post.

Why worry about who you're going to play? In order to win the cup, you need to go through all 4 rounds. 16 wins.

Whoever we face, whenever, take it as it comes, and WIN.

nevesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 10:54 AM
Rust Heisenberg

Playoffs are an entirely different animal. Washington might be coasting right now but they don't have Backstrom. Ovechkin scares me, not because of his ability to bury us, but because he's a hazard on the ice.

Wouldn't be surprised if they have another down season there that they would dismantle their team and try to rebuild again.

Rust Heisenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 10:55 AM
Sean Aviary
Chirp! Chirp!

I'm not worried about the Caps, because the Rangers simply didn't score last year, but we added big-game scorer Mike Rupp who prefers to stay low-key and break open games like the shutout of Vancouver and the Winter Classic.

Sean Aviary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 11:06 AM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevesis View Post
GREAT post.

Why worry about who you're going to play? In order to win the cup, you need to go through all 4 rounds. 16 wins.

Whoever we face, whenever, take it as it comes, and WIN.
That's all true. But at the same time if someone else were to do us a favor and knock of Pitt in the first round that would be a huge bonus imo.

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 11:07 AM
nevesis

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
That's all true. But at the same time if someone else were to do us a favor and knock of Pitt in the first round that would be a huge bonus imo.
Of course, out of our control though. Let's hope that happens. Although, it would make us THAT much more badass, if we had to beat all the teams that normally scare us, then win it all.

nevesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 11:08 AM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

We're better than the Caps this year, but i'd rather face another team in the first round.

I don't think they're stopping Gaborik, PLUS Callahan, PLUS the offensive contribution from the defense this year while getting enough past Hank.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 11:13 AM
Hire Sather
4 MORE YEARS!

Send a message via AIM to Hire Sather
Not really scared of the Caps, I think we could and should beat them but I'm just sick of facing them. 3 playoffs in a row? Come on.

Also, out of the teams battling for 8th they are the toughest out, and they will have the "We failed so many times as a top seed, and now as an 8th seed, anything goes" type deal

Hire Sather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 11:35 AM
Hockey Team
Hunger Force

vCash: 50
Don't worry. I bribed lundqvist to beat the caps.

Hockey Team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 11:36 AM
Pizza

I don't care who we play or when.

Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 11:46 AM
pavelich

Quote:
Originally Posted by NvincentYvalentineR View Post
Only team I am truly worried about would be Pitt. We would crush any other team.
when did you become a ranger fan? november?

pavelich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 11:48 AM
Thordic
StraightOuttaConklin

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjets36 View Post
Ovechkin scares me, not because of his ability to bury us, but because he's a hazard on the ice.
Ovechkin has 50 pts in 37 playoff games, and is #1 all time in goals-per-game in the playoffs(#4 all time for points per game). The Caps may choke in the playoffs, but he certainly shows up.

Thordic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 11:56 AM
Sean Aviary
Chirp! Chirp!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thordic View Post
Ovechkin has 50 pts in 37 playoff games, and is #1 all time in goals-per-game in the playoffs(#4 all time for points per game). The Caps may choke in the playoffs, but he certainly shows up.
The same Ovechkin that showed up during previous regular seasons.

Sean Aviary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 11:57 AM
AdamBanks99
MinnesotaMiracleMan

i'm worried about:
-the caps
-the pens
-the sens

AdamBanks99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 12:00 PM
The Perfect Paradox
Beyond Good and Evil

If the Capitals catch fire near the end of the season than I agree with you. That team has tons of skill and also has a goalie who we all know is capable of holding the fort in Vokun. It would be a hard fought series but the Caps would definitely have a significant chance at coming out on top (again, assuming the Caps actually caught fire).

Fortunately, I do not see any signs that would indicate that the Caps will get their stuff together. As Hightide said though, the Caps look like a shell of their former selves this season.

I would love to play Winnipeg in the first round. None of the lower seeded teams scare me, though.

The Perfect Paradox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 12:02 PM
Drewbackatu*

Quote:
Originally Posted by NvincentYvalentineR View Post
Only team I am truly worried about would be Pitt. We would crush any other team.
What's your definition of crush, winning games 3-2 or 2-1? I think when all is said and done, we have to get that 1st seed and if(assuming) we do, that 1 vs. 8 match-up becomes very crucial to our confidence.
That being said, I can see us handling Winnipeg the easiest with potential matches vs. Buffalo or Toronto(if they get their act straightened out) being much more difficult but winnable series.

However, a potential match-up vs Washington would be a nightmare; not saying we can't or wouldn't win it, but they are still way more skilled than we are.

Hank has to finally prove that he is capable of carrying this team(which isn't all that much better than last year's team personnel wise) on his back if need be thruout the playoffs!

Drewbackatu* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 12:03 PM
Mkhizgilov

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Henrik 30 View Post
If the Capitals catch fire near the end of the season than I agree with you. That team has tons of skill and also has a goalie who we all know is capable of holding the fort in Vokun. It would be a hard fought series but the Caps would definitely have a significant chance at coming out on top (again, assuming the Caps actually caught fire).

Fortunately, I do not see any signs that would indicate that the Caps will get their stuff together. As Hightide said though, the Caps look like a shell of their former selves this season.

I would love to play Winnipeg in the first round. None of the lower seeded teams scare me, though.
Senators dont scare you?

Mkhizgilov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 12:05 PM
Mkhizgilov

some of you guys are saying the only team your really scared of is pittsburgh, which i agree that pens is a team i would be most scared of facing in the playoffs.

but you guys are undervaluing the bruins...just because we beat them twice doesnt mean anything.

Mkhizgilov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 12:14 PM
IBleedNYRBlue

Past two playoff series with them, we weren't close to the same team.

Now we have Gaborik back to his normal self, Callahan having his best year, former Conn Smythe in Richards, much better defense, Hank playing his best hockey, etc.

Only team i'm really concerned about is Pitt.

IBleedNYRBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 12:19 PM
Drewbackatu*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mkhizgilov View Post
some of you guys are saying the only team your really scared of is pittsburgh, which i agree that pens is a team i would be most scared of facing in the playoffs.

but you guys are undervaluing the bruins...just because we beat them twice doesnt mean anything.
Exactly right. The regular season games don't mean crap. Beware of the Pens, Bruins, Sens and even the Flyers and I wouldn't necessarily want to face the Devils until the 2nd round at least.

Drewbackatu* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 12:31 PM
RangerBlues

Dont want to see the Devils or Pens in the first round.

RangerBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 12:40 PM
Rangerfan4life90

I don't believe Backstrom is coming back this season (isn't he on long term IR?) and Green is in and out of the lineup cause of injury and he's always been a defensive liability.

We can shut down Semin and Ovy otherwise. They'll probably get their goals, but will beat them.

Rangerfan4life90 is offline   Reply With Quote