HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

Visiting Fan's Guide to Nashville & other local areas & Parking Updates

Old
01-27-2012, 11:10 AM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

vCash: 500
Here's your go-to guide. I've found it quite useful when I visit:

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...=811313&page=9

AtlantaWhaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2012, 01:07 PM
luckofirish8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shea Weber View Post
If you are looking for a good pregame spot with great beer selection and awesome food, Broadway Brewhouse.
I'll second this. Broadway Brewhouse is a great spot.

luckofirish8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2012, 04:14 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

Great thread guys! I'm coming for the Kings game 3/6. I'm visiting a friend in Atlanta and we are driving out from there. Don't let your wives and children out of the house.

Got a few questions:

1) I booked a room at the Best Western Music Row. Is that a decent area? The place gets good reviews so I'm thinking I'm ok. It was almost $100 cheaper than anywhere else. Also, is that walkable to the arena or should I plan to cab it?

2) How late are the bars open and are there any funny liquor laws like Jersey where you can't buy booze at a grocery store? In California we can buy beer/liquor at a gas station or just about anywhere. I just mention this because one of the first times I was in Jersey it took me a long time just to find some beer.

3) What are beer prices like? Will security pat me down? Staples prices are ridiculous so I usually smuggle in some vodka/whiskey in a water bottle. We have metal detectors but bringing a plastic bottle in is easy so I'm curious if that will be a problem.

Buddy The Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2012, 04:53 PM
Insanepredator

Send a message via Skype™ to Insanepredator
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy The Elf View Post
Great thread guys! I'm coming for the Kings game 3/6. I'm visiting a friend in Atlanta and we are driving out from there. Don't let your wives and children out of the house.

Got a few questions:

1) I booked a room at the Best Western Music Row. Is that a decent area? The place gets good reviews so I'm thinking I'm ok. It was almost $100 cheaper than anywhere else. Also, is that walkable to the arena or should I plan to cab it?

2) How late are the bars open and are there any funny liquor laws like Jersey where you can't buy booze at a grocery store? In California we can buy beer/liquor at a gas station or just about anywhere. I just mention this because one of the first times I was in Jersey it took me a long time just to find some beer.

3) What are beer prices like? Will security pat me down? Staples prices are ridiculous so I usually smuggle in some vodka/whiskey in a water bottle. We have metal detectors but bringing a plastic bottle in is easy so I'm curious if that will be a problem.
1. Its a good 20-30 minute walk depending on your pace and how badly the crosswalks want to screw you over.

2. The only thing I'm aware of is you can't buy alcohal before noon on Sundays, but since its on a Monday you should be good.

3. I don't drink so I can't really help you with prices. I've been to a lot of games and never had any searches done on me, but I've also never tried to sneak anything in either.

Insanepredator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2012, 04:53 PM
Adz

The area is okay but it's a bit of a walk. You'll probably want to drive and park in one of the lots nearby (prices anywhere from $5 to $20) or take a cab.

Bars have different closing times, but you can find places open til 3 AM. You can get beer in grocery stores and convenience stores, but they cut off sales at midnight, I believe, and you won't be able to buy again til 12 noon. There is no wine or spirits in grocery stores. You'll have to go to a package store for that.

Beer prices are expensive at the arena, but someone once figured out you'll get more ounces per buck by getting one of the 24 ounce cans at one of the kiosks. I've never been frisked--they've just looked in my purse. But I look pretty sweet and innocent plus I'm middle aged. ;-) They do have spirits for sale at the arena.

Adz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2012, 06:01 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

Thanks to both of you! Exactly what I was looking for. We'll probably just cab it then because most, if not all of us, will be drinking.

Just one follow up, if we were to walk, is the area to and from the hotel/arena pretty safe? I can deal with crazies and homeless lurkers just not interested in getting mugged.

Old
02-04-2012, 10:25 PM
Adz

Quote:
Thanks to both of you! Exactly what I was looking for. We'll probably just cab it then because most, if not all of us, will be drinking.

Just one follow up, if we were to walk, is the area to and from the hotel/arena pretty safe? I can deal with crazies and homeless lurkers just not interested in getting mugged.
I'm guessing you'll be fine, particularly with more than one. The area isn't known for muggings, but you may encounter a crazy/homeless lurker trying to sell you a newspaper or convince you that their baby needs milk. Just follow your heart.

Old
02-05-2012, 12:37 AM
BourqueBourqueBork

Quote:

Got a few questions:

1) Decent, not wonderful. But more or less, as good as downtown. The only difference being that there are probably going to be more people wondering around downtown at any hour of the night. You can walk it. In fact (since I hate cabs), I would suggest you leave extra early and walk...and take advantage of the bars in the area. If you can't make it 10 blocks without a drink, make sure you stop by the Flying Saucer behind Union Station (Broadway @ 10th Ave)...then go from there.

2) In Nashville....3am. If you want to be out later than that...well...bless your heart.

2a) yes, there are weird laws here...>6.5% abv is available in grocery stores and convenience stores, <6.5% abv is only available in package stores, and nothing else is available in those.

I would highly suggest that you look into Frugal MacDoogal's @ 8th and Division and Midtown Wine and Spirits if you are looking for booze. Even though we have weird laws, these stores offer both.

3) for me, beer prices are fairly ridiculous. You can get 3 reasonable beers for that price. The only way I'd pay $9 is if we are guaranteed to score (and that was apparently the case vs. Chicago not long ago).

Quote:

Save money, don't cab. Leave at 4-4:30 and go to the Flying Saucer. It will be a 5-10 minute walk. Then go downtown. Another 5-10 minute walk.

As far as the walk itself, if you are in a group of more than 1 person, I would say your chances of getting mugged are extremely low.

I might be "guarded" if on my own...but as part of a group....you should have 0 problem. It's not an unsafe area. Unless you wear a Red Wings jersey.

BourqueBourqueBork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2012, 10:00 AM
Nitrous Mafia

Quote:

Got a few questions:

I was over by the best western music row on saturday night and it is less than a 2 min walk to the gulch area, an area going through gentficiation right now. There are some higher scale restaurants over there if you want to check that out. This is also the area where the station inn is located at so I would suggest atleast walking by it.

Walking from there to the area will be a bit of a haul but it wouldnt ruin your night. As others have said go to flying saucer, most definitely if you're walking because you'll walk right by it from that direction.

edit:
Google maps says it's a 25 min walk from your hotel to the arena front door. I'd say walk there and cab it back.

Restaurants in the Gulch area: Sambuca, Cantina Laredo, Watermark, a sushi bar I forget the name of, and Yazoo Brewing Co.

Nitrous Mafia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2012, 10:36 AM
CloakroomCrusader

Quote:
Originally Posted by brah View Post
Restaurants in the Gulch area: Sambuca, Cantina Laredo, Watermark, a sushi bar I forget the name of, and Yazoo Brewing Co.
Also Urban Flats in the Icon is pretty good from my experiences and not quite as expensive as those.

CloakroomCrusader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2012, 08:55 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

Thanks for the additional info and suggestions everyone! I'll probably walk to the arena and Cab it back as suggested. I guess I'll have to check out the Flying Saucer. 3 am is later than California so that is good. I probably won't make it to closing.

I'm really looking forward to visiting your fine city!

Last edited by Buddy The Elf: 02-06-2012 at 09:01 PM.
Old
02-11-2012, 09:39 AM
OthmarAmmann
Money making machine

Hey all, I'm coming in for the Jets game on Sat Mar 24th. Been to Nashville before and love it, so really looking forward to it! I have a meeting in Atlanta the Wednesday prior so I'm on driving up from there. I've never been to Atlanta other than to make connections in the airport several times. Anyway, I'm looking for ideas of things to do on the way up. Anything interesting to see on the way from Atlanta to Nashville? Chatanooga interesting at all?

OthmarAmmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2012, 06:27 PM
Adz

Yes! they have one of the best aquariums I've ever been to. It's worth it to stop at the Chattanooga Choo Choo and have lunch and see the model trains, too. http://choochoo.com/
http://www.tnaqua.org/Home.aspx

I also rode this old steam train that was lots of fun...it even turned around on a turntable. Here's the link for that.
http://www.tvrail.com/

And, if you have time there is Rock City and Lookout Mountain. It's touristy but it's pretty fun. http://seerockcity.com/

It kind of depends on how much time you'll have. If I was going to pick one thing to do because I was strapped for time it would probably be the Choo Choo. But any of it will probably be memorable.

Old
02-14-2012, 10:55 PM
BourqueBourqueBork

Quote:
Originally Posted by OthmarAmmann View Post
Hey all, I'm coming in for the Jets game on Sat Mar 24th. Been to Nashville before and love it, so really looking forward to it! I have a meeting in Atlanta the Wednesday prior so I'm on driving up from there. I've never been to Atlanta other than to make connections in the airport several times. Anyway, I'm looking for ideas of things to do on the way up. Anything interesting to see on the way from Atlanta to Nashville? Chatanooga interesting at all?
Adz has some great suggestions. My question would be...are you coming alone or taking family? With family, I highly suggest the aquarium. If you are coming alone, or if it will just be adults with you, you might consider taking a detour off the interstate to Lynchburg and take a tour of the Jack Daniel's Distillery. Allow a few hours, but I definitely think it's worth it.

Btw...kids can go on the tour...it's just more of an "adult" thing to do.

BourqueBourqueBork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 11:47 AM
BackOnTopic

Hey guys, quick question. I went on stubhub to check prices for the 3/6 Kings game, and there are a number of tickets behind the benches in rows CC-GG that are in the $50-$60 range. I just wanted to check if any of you have used Stubhub and if those tickets are legit. Wasn't sure of the resale value in Nashville, but those prices seemed pretty low. Thanks in advance for your help!

BackOnTopic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 09:31 AM
utmfisher19

Send a message via AIM to utmfisher19 Send a message via MSN to utmfisher19 Send a message via Yahoo to utmfisher19
Quote:
Originally Posted by BackOnTopic View Post
Hey guys, quick question. I went on stubhub to check prices for the 3/6 Kings game, and there are a number of tickets behind the benches in rows CC-GG that are in the $50-$60 range. I just wanted to check if any of you have used Stubhub and if those tickets are legit. Wasn't sure of the resale value in Nashville, but those prices seemed pretty low. Thanks in advance for your help!
I'd say that that is a bit low... but if the game isn't selling well (which I don't think it has), they might just be trying to unload their tickets for whatever value that they can get for them.

utmfisher19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 01:14 PM
Adz

Tuesday night prices will be lower than weekend prices. Probably legit.

Old
02-27-2012, 03:21 PM
BackOnTopic

Thanks for the input guys. My biz trip just got rescheduled, so I won't be making it to Nashville for the game next week. Am still looking forward to going there sometime though, maybe next year. Heard it's a damn good time in the city and in the arena for the games.

BackOnTopic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 11:06 AM
Bongo

I'm now looking for somewhere further west on Broadway that's less than $100 a night. I'll be there on the 24th. Any suggestions?

Bongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 12:12 PM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bongo View Post
I'm now looking for somewhere further west on Broadway that's less than $100 a night. I'll be there on the 24th. Any suggestions?
I'll be there on the 24th as well! I've been checking hotels.com to get an idea, and I'll probably book in another week or so. All the hotels listed have maps on each page, so that's a big help.

AtlantaWhaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 12:22 PM
Adz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bongo View Post
I don't think you'll find a hotel for less than $100 on Broadway. You might go a little farther west on West End and find something around Vanderbilt, but that's a rich area so maybe not.

You'll definitely be able to find something if you look East--Elm Hill Pike, Donelson Pike, Airport, Opryland areas are good possibilities for that rate--and really they aren't THAT far from the arena.

Old
03-02-2012, 12:30 PM
Bongo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adz View Post
I don't think you'll find a hotel for less than $100 on Broadway. You might go a little farther west on West End and find something around Vanderbilt, but that's a rich area so maybe not.

You'll definitely be able to find something if you look East--Elm Hill Pike, Donelson Pike, Airport, Opryland areas are good possibilities for that rate--and really they aren't THAT far from the arena.
For the Blackhawks game in February we stayed at a Comfort Inn on Dickerson Pike that was like $89 a night. Might be going back there. No room service but there was a Popeye's down the street.

Bongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 01:50 PM
Adz

http://nashville.hotelscheap.org/bna-airport.html

You can probably do better than that and this area is much safer--and closer! I'm seeing lots of hotels on sites for the airport area that are running around $160 for 2 nights. (I estimated March 23 - March 25) Found one for Alexis Inns and Suites for $156 and breakfast included.

Old
03-04-2012, 07:12 PM
Tootoo

First Predators Game!

Two of us are driving down from Wisconsin for the game against Winnipeg on March 24th. It will be our first time in Nashville, and really don't know much about the city/venue.

When does the arena open?

Are these hotels:
http://www.nashvilleairport.place.hy...questid=640394
http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Rev...Tennessee.html
1) in good area
2) how far is the walk
3) how far is the drive
4) which one is better

What would you suggest a 17 y/o and 40 y/o do before and after the game

If we are in the lower bowl at about the blue line, how far back is row C?

Last edited by Tootoo: 03-04-2012 at 08:09 PM.
Tootoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 09:40 PM
Adz

Your links aren't showing up for me--sorry!

Looks like one is at the airport, though--walk is too far. You'll need to take a taxi or drive.

Arena opens 1 and a half hours prior to the event.

Hang around Lower Broad.

It's about middle of the section. AA is at the glass, but doesn't go all the way to ZZ. It changes to single letters around the midpoint going from A up. http://predators.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=37130 See where it changes to green? You'll sit around there.