HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Five Reasons to be Stoked for Next Season

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-02-2012, 11:36 AM
  #1
JV
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: na
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,480
vCash: 500
Five Reasons to be Stoked for Next Season

1. The Habs are getting bigger and tougher and this trend will continue.

2. The team is always about 20% better with Markov in the lineup, not to mention that Gionta will be back.

3. Subban will put the sophmore slump behind him.

4. Emelin, Eller and Weber (IMO) are coming into their own.

5. The Ghost or his successor will have cap room and a top 5 pick in this years draft.

Exactly a year ago people in Ottawa were ready to throw Bryan Murray into the abyss, and now he's a genius. Kuba and Gonchar were millstones and Spezza should have been traded. Exactly a year ago Yzerman and Boucher were geniuses, and now they have to rebuid. People lose sight of how narrow the gap is between the top and the bottom of the conference. We're not that far away and have lots of good pieces in place. Can't wait for next year.

JV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 11:37 AM
  #2
WeThreeKings
Registered User
 
WeThreeKings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 32,145
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
5 reasons not to be stoked next year

1. New french coach, picked on politics not ability.
2. New french GM, picked on politics not ability.
3. Molson will still be the owner.
4. Gomez.
5. Kaberle.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 11:39 AM
  #3
Failing Hands
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 262
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
5 reasons not to be stoked next year

1. New french coach, picked on politics not ability.
2. New french GM, picked on politics not ability.
3. Molson will still be the owner.
4. Gomez.
5. Kaberle.
I honestly think that problem will be taken care of by the end of the offseason.

Failing Hands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 11:45 AM
  #4
The Russian General
Força Portugal
 
The Russian General's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: MTL
Posts: 11,566
vCash: 500
Gauthier has to be fired.

The Russian General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 11:47 AM
  #5
onemorecup*
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 2,062
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JV View Post
1. The Habs are getting bigger and tougher and this trend will continue.

2. The team is always about 20% better with Markov in the lineup, not to mention that Gionta will be back.

3. Subban will put the sophmore slump behind him.

4. Emelin, Eller and Weber (IMO) are coming into their own.

5. The Ghost or his successor will have cap room and a top 5 pick in this years draft.

Exactly a year ago people in Ottawa were ready to throw Bryan Murray into the abyss, and now he's a genius. Kuba and Gonchar were millstones and Spezza should have been traded. Exactly a year ago Yzerman and Boucher were geniuses, and now they have to rebuid. People lose sight of how narrow the gap is between the top and the bottom of the conference. We're not that far away and have lots of good pieces in place. Can't wait for next year.
not a chance

Markov is finished and Gio will be traded by the draft

We are going nowhere with our midget as the #1 center

on 20 + teams he doesnt play period , cant do **** 5 on 5

we have no front line talent on D or upfront

unless we draft a stud nothing will change folks

team is a joke how we handle it

LeBlanc and Eller should be top 6 not playing with crap on bottom 6

Pleks has to go this summer ..time is up

onemorecup* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 11:48 AM
  #6
Toastman
Registered User
 
Toastman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,592
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by onemorecup View Post
not a chance

Markov is finished and Gio will be traded by the draft

We are going nowhere with our midget as the #1 center

on 20 + teams he doesnt play period , cant do **** 5 on 5

we have no front line talent on D or upfront

unless we draft a stud nothing will change folks

team is a joke how we handle it

LeBlanc and Eller should be top 6 not playing with crap on bottom 6

Pleks has to go this summer ..time is up

Are you related to Buzz Killington?

Toastman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 11:51 AM
  #7
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder
 
Em Ancien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Mount Real Life
Posts: 8,821
vCash: 500
1. Snow melting
2. Nicer weather
3. Longer days
4. That much closer to summer
5. End of classes

Em Ancien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 11:52 AM
  #8
juve
Registered User
 
juve's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 552
vCash: 500
I only have one reason to be stoked for next year. Nathan MacKinnon, we're most likely drafting him.

juve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 11:53 AM
  #9
Top Corner2
Registered User
 
Top Corner2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 1,536
vCash: 500
The world is coming to an end....so the worst we can do is tied for 1st!

Top Corner2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 11:54 AM
  #10
dcal64
Registered User
 
dcal64's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 520
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JV View Post
1. The Habs are getting bigger and tougher and this trend will continue.

2. The team is always about 20% better with Markov in the lineup, not to mention that Gionta will be back.

3. Subban will put the sophmore slump behind him.

4. Emelin, Eller and Weber (IMO) are coming into their own.

5. The Ghost or his successor will have cap room and a top 5 pick in this years draft.

Exactly a year ago people in Ottawa were ready to throw Bryan Murray into the abyss, and now he's a genius. Kuba and Gonchar were millstones and Spezza should have been traded. Exactly a year ago Yzerman and Boucher were geniuses, and now they have to rebuid. People lose sight of how narrow the gap is between the top and the bottom of the conference. We're not that far away and have lots of good pieces in place. Can't wait for next year.
I have a feeling we will go on a winning streak and screw up our top 5 pick. Unfortunately the Habs are not the only team that sucks this year.

dcal64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 11:59 AM
  #11
domdo345
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 1,104
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcal64 View Post
I have a feeling we will go on a winning streak and screw up our top 5 pick. Unfortunately the Habs are not the only team that sucks this year.
This. We're only 2-3 pts out of the top 5 pick. I know it's bad to say this but i kinda wish Cole or someone really important to the team gets injured . Nothing too serious but enough to say --okay the season is over for me.

domdo345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 12:02 PM
  #12
Et le But
Moderator
 
Et le But's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: New York
Country: Argentina
Posts: 17,613
vCash: 500
5 reasons not to be stoked for next season:

1. We have no depth on the wings.
2. There aren't any great coaches looking for a job right now.
3. Kaberle will probably still be on the team.
4. Teams will have adjusted to Desharnais, he's going to have an even more uphill battle keeping up his development.
5. We probably won't have drafted Yakupov, and so if our pick is in the NHL they are probably being rushed.

Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 12:06 PM
  #13
hogtownhabsfan*
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 4,727
vCash: 500
I truly believe that the Habs will be back and reeking havoc in the playoffs once again next year. It'll be a 1 year reload much like the Sens have done. While people are hating on PG, he's slowly and surely putting the pieces in place for the habs to be a great young team. Getting one of the elite 4 forwards in the 2012 draft is key though. By the end of next year:

Pacioretty-Desharnais-Cole
Eller-Plekanec-1stRNDR
Bourque-Leblanc-Gallagher
Moen-White-Geoffrion

Markov-Emelin
Gorges-Subban
Tinordi-Diaz

Price

hogtownhabsfan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 12:07 PM
  #14
Rscorpio
Epic Meal Time!
 
Rscorpio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Santiago, Chile
Country: Chile
Posts: 2,821
vCash: 500




See ya next year babies!

Rscorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 12:11 PM
  #15
Miller Time
Registered User
 
Miller Time's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 8,005
vCash: 500
1- Gauthier will be gone
2- Price/Subban/Patches/Desharnais/Emelin/Eller/Diaz/Weber will all have one more summer of work under their belt, which should = even greater physical maturity on-ice.
3- Gomez will be gone
4- can't get any worse than last in the conference
5- Exciting group of prospects hitting hamilton

Miller Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 12:14 PM
  #16
MTL-rules
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 6,208
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
5 reasons not to be stoked next year

1. New french coach, picked on politics not ability.
2. New french GM, picked on politics not ability.

3. Molson will still be the owner.
4. Gomez.
5. Kaberle.
What a joke, RC is a ****** coach and he isn't french, but I guess in your opinion a french coach always equals a bad one...

Anyways, I don't get why you're stirring up the debate again, you know better...

But I agree that there isn't much to be excited about next year so far.

MTL-rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 12:15 PM
  #17
Middaughsome
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 13
vCash: 500
If Gomez is still on the team next year and Gauthier is still the GM, I will not be watching.

I can deal with Kaberle if he's the 6th defenceman and plays on the power-play but with limited even strength minutes.

Middaughsome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 12:17 PM
  #18
Drunk World Order
Registered User
 
Drunk World Order's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 489
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miller Time View Post
1- Gauthier will be gone
2- Price/Subban/Patches/Desharnais/Emelin/Eller/Diaz/Weber will all have one more summer of work under their belt, which should = even greater physical maturity on-ice.
3- Gomez will be gone
4- can't get any worse than last in the conference
5- Exciting group of prospects hitting hamilton
I totally agree with this!

Drunk World Order is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 12:22 PM
  #19
Kriss E
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 22,480
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTL-rules View Post
What a joke, RC is a ****** coach and he isn't french, but I guess in your opinion a french coach always equals a bad one...

Anyways, I don't get why you're stirring up the debate again, you know better...

But I agree that there isn't much to be excited about next year so far.
I don't think he's stirring up the debate. We don't hire unilingual english coaches. Let's not go into crazy mode when someone says it, it's absolutely true. Doesn't mean that all french coaches are worst, and he didn't say anything of the sort.

RC is absolutely garbage. The good thing about that is that no matter who it is, it can't get worse.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 12:27 PM
  #20
llamateizer
Registered User
 
llamateizer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Montreal
Country:
Posts: 5,368
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miller Time View Post
1- Gauthier will be gone
2- Price/Subban/Patches/Desharnais/Emelin/Eller/Diaz/Weber will all have one more summer of work under their belt, which should = even greater physical maturity on-ice.
3- Gomez will be gone
4- can't get any worse than last in the conference
5- Exciting group of prospects hitting hamilton
pretty sure that they'll claim that Gomez is ready to perform and is well prepared
He had an injury last season that kept him away from competition

llamateizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 12:36 PM
  #21
WestIslander
Registered User
 
WestIslander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Montreal, Quebec
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,329
vCash: 500
1) New GM, front office and coaching staff
2) Price, Pacioretty, Desharnais, Eller, Leblanc, Geoffrion, White and Emelin
3) The lottery pick (Grigorenko or Galchenyuk!)
4) The possibility of seeing Tinordi and Kristo in Hamilton/Montreal
5) Markov back for a full season!

WestIslander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 12:41 PM
  #22
charlie
Registered User
 
charlie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,258
vCash: 358
Heck yeah I more stocked about the Bulldogs next year.
Going to have one heck of a team.

charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 12:50 PM
  #23
Habsfan2992
One of the 1st
 
Habsfan2992's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Oakville
Country: Canada
Posts: 700
vCash: 500
Wow a positive thread immediately turned into a negative right away damn. I'm sure if we went 82-0 plus won every playoff game and the cup people here would still find something to complain about.

Habsfan2992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 12:51 PM
  #24
Xss
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 115
vCash: 500
No where to go but up.

Xss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 12:53 PM
  #25
Lafleurs Guy
Registered User
 
Lafleurs Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 20,185
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan2992 View Post
Wow a positive thread immediately turned into a negative right away damn. I'm sure if we went 82-0 plus won every playoff game and the cup people here would still find something to complain about.
Yeah right...

Dude, we've been mediocre for over a decade and are now sitting in last place. Apart from a few young players, there's not that much to be positive about right now.

Lafleurs Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:51 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.