HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Finally SAther/Torts have it right

Old
03-02-2012, 01:53 PM
Dagoon44

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Dagoon44 Send a message via Yahoo to Dagoon44
Finally SAther/Torts have it right

First off I wanted to say it has been a lot more fun with the Rangers winning this season and less fighting on this board. I want to say after meeting Torts last season and having the conversation we had and learning a little about his passion and love for the game it was easier to like and root for him this season. Glen Sather is someone I have always liked and admired as a GM even when losing here in NYC other then being a ghost and not talking to the media he tried to improve the team at any cost. This season is truly a turning into something special right before our eyes and showing us Rangers fans that the best is yet to come. The group assembled here is a great combo of talent, youth, grit and most of all tough hockey players that seem to love being a team and with each other. From Fire Sather to great job Glen from Torts is a *****(my words ) to great job coach. Glad to see the youth develop right before our eyes.. To Capt Cally your a proud American boy wearing the RED WHITE AND BLUE. To Hank you are the KING .. and even guys like Stu Bikel keep up the good work kid and let's GO Rangers

Dagoon44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 02:07 PM
Rangerfans

Love this team. No matter what happens, I can't help but be so passionate about this blue-collar team.

LGR!!

Rangerfans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 02:15 PM
Crease

This is the most likeable Rangers team in years. And it has nothing to do with their record.

Crease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 02:37 PM
Levitate

I think it can be easy to think Torts is a bully with no tact or skills behind the bench, but after awhile you realize he's intense and hard on his players but it's because he wants them to play their hardest, play for each other, and play in a way that will bring them success. He wants his guys to succeed and he's not yelling at them because he dislikes them or thinks that blowing up at them is all there is to coaching, but he's challenging them to play better and play with a certain mentality that will win games

He's a good coach. No disrespect to Renney but I think ultimately that coaching change was a big benefit to the Rangers

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 02:39 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

this organization turned around the day they hired Torts. It took a little while to get it drilled in them, but accountability is so damn huge. i never got the feeling that players felt at all accountable when Renney was behind the bench.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 02:50 PM
chip chipperson*

Bill Tetley will never show any appreciation to sather until we win the cup.

chip chipperson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 02:59 PM
Ail
k.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill tetley View Post
Bill Tetley will never show any appreciation to sather until we win the cup.
lol

You tell 'em, Bill.

rip
Ail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 03:55 PM
MSG the place to be*

Dagoon, I remember you on the mouths show ripping Hank any chance you got. You have to call in and give your state of the Rangers address (with a mea culpa on Hank). I miss hearing your thoughts and inside info like what you learned at the Rupp signing, etc.

MSG the place to be* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 04:59 PM
ogie

no matter what still don't like Sather.

ogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 07:06 PM
Amazing Kreiderman
Night-shift fan!

I like this team and it is not because we are winning. It's because the players are willing to die for each other and the players are not acting like they are just here to fill their pockets.

Comparing players like Stepan, Stralman, McDonagh, Girardi, Del Zotto, Hagelin and Anisimov to Jagr, Shanahan, Mara, Rozsival, Drury, Redden and Avery just shows.

The current players just fit together.

Amazing Kreiderman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2012, 12:40 PM
Dagoon44

Send a message via AIM to Dagoon44 Send a message via Yahoo to Dagoon44
Rupp was a ton of fun and to see how happy he was to be a Ranger was great.. This Team loves each and the room is super tight that and talent can go a long way

Dagoon44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2012, 12:53 PM
emodwarf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezequiel View Post
I like this team and it is not because we are winning. It's because the players are willing to die for each other and the players are not acting like they are just here to fill their pockets.

Comparing players like Stepan, Stralman, McDonagh, Girardi, Del Zotto, Hagelin and Anisimov to Jagr, Shanahan, Mara, Rozsival, Drury, Redden and Avery just shows.

The current players just fit together.
What makes you say that Mara didn't belong on this team heart-wise? His lack of speed would be a big detriment sure. But his guts and love of the team didn't seem lacking to me.

I remember him saying he wanted to retire a Ranger. He couldn't keep up speed or skill wise, and Tortorella doesn't like him, but Mara wasn't just here to cash a paycheck.

emodwarf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2012, 04:10 PM
Amazing Kreiderman
Night-shift fan!

Okay, scratch Mara from my story then. I must have him mixed up with someone else

Amazing Kreiderman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2012, 04:12 PM
we want cup
We do not Sow

Quote:
Originally Posted by emodwarf View Post
What makes you say that Mara didn't belong on this team heart-wise? His lack of speed would be a big detriment sure. But his guts and love of the team didn't seem lacking to me.

I remember him saying he wanted to retire a Ranger. He couldn't keep up speed or skill wise, and Tortorella doesn't like him, but Mara wasn't just here to cash a paycheck.
Yeah, there are plenty of negative comments that could be made about Paul Mara, but questions about heart or effort should never be among them.

RANGERS =
we want cup is offline   Reply With Quote