HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Tampa - Buffalo then LA - Buffalo at the Draft

Old
03-01-2012, 01:05 PM
HiddenInLight

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genius Brian Lawton View Post
So Tampa gives up two firsts for a ******** of salary and a currently struggling goaltender.

Man, sign me up.

Because Miller didn't just set a franchise record last night for most saves in a shutout with 43 (which is one less then the NHL record by the way).....your right, sounds like hes TOTALLY struggling right now.

HiddenInLight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2012, 02:24 PM
Rorschach
Fearful Symmetry

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBernierFan View Post
LA would have to ADD??? Are you serious!? Varlamov got a 1st rounder AND a 2nd rounder alone when people thought the Avs could be a lottery pick team. Brown is worth WAY more than a 1st rounder, IMO. He's the Kings captain, always in the top 3 in hits in the NHL, consistently scores 20 goals (he's even at 18 this season when the Kings can't score worth ****), is a + player, is hardly ever hurt and is a heart and soul type guy. So, no, two 1st round picks (one of them being Detroit's from Tampa which is always super low) is not enough for Brown and Bernier.
LA would have to add...like 25 mil in salary dumps to even out the value, lol. Too bad after this season, we won't even have 5 mil to dump...the closest thing would be Matt Greene at 3 mil and he actually has value...not really dump.

- R

Rorschach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2012, 02:58 PM
Still All In
Plz stop pucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiddenInLight View Post
Because Miller didn't just set a franchise record last night for most saves in a shutout with 43 (which is one less then the NHL record by the way).....your right, sounds like hes TOTALLY struggling right now.
If only one game could get us to the playoffs. Hes still inconsistent and struggling compared to what he has done so far in his career... its roughly every 3 to 5 starts he seems to have a tough outing. I still think he'll bounce back once he has the offseason to clear his thoughts and ****, but lets be honest - Tampa gives up two first rounders, one that may be a top five pick, and looks for sure to be a top ten and takes on nearly 10 million in salary. Thats foolish for us to do at this point, my man crush for Miller aside.

Still All In is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2012, 04:39 PM
Kurrilino
Go Stoll Go

Send a message via MSN to Kurrilino
Just to double check

L.A. is in desperate need of wingers and trade away
a #1 goalie plus our best winger for a defense prospect + top 30 pick ??????

just asking

Kurrilino is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2012, 06:05 PM
slapshots1515

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolts f4n View Post
Yzerman will trade his 1st for Buffalo's 1st, then flip it to Detroit for Quincey, then flip Quincey back to Colorado for Downie, then trade Downie for Buffalo's 2nd, then trade Buffalo's 1st and 2nd back to Buffalo for his 1st and Miller.

Then he trades a 3rd to the NHL for the Cup.
And we let Yzerman get away? Dang...if he can convince the League to take a 3rd for the Cup, he might as well trade that 1st for 2 Cups.

slapshots1515 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2012, 06:11 PM
gambitlebo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurrilino View Post
Just to double check

L.A. is in desperate need of wingers and trade away
a #1 goalie plus our best winger for a defense prospect + top 30 pick ??????

just asking
I agree. Just about every trade proposal I read from other fans involving the Kings has them receiving a defensive prospect as part of the return.

The Kings only glaring need is scoring wingers. From the main club to the farm, they are deep in defensive depth, 3/4th line players and goalies. Even if they lose/trade one of Quick/Bernier, they are still deep in goal.

I never get to see Manchester play, but from what I've heard/read on Mayor's Mannor, they have had to play several games where defensemen had to play forward in order to fill out the roster.

Wingers, wingers, wingers who can score is what it will take to get Bernier let alone the Kings adding a scoring winger to the trade.

By scoring winger I mean a natural winger. Not a center who can play wing, a player/very good prospect who has spent the bulk of their playing years on wing and has success doing so.

Sorry for the rant, just don't know why so many people think the Kings need defense? DL is pretty good at drafting that (insert Hickey joke here), it's goal scorers he struggles with.

gambitlebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2012, 06:42 PM
parineum

Quote:
You may want to check your facts. Quick shutout the Red Wings last season with 51 saves at the Joe.
Code:
Date		Opponent	Result	GS	MIN	W	L	OTL	EGA	GA	GAA	SA	SV	SV%	SO
Dec 13	@ DET	W 5-0	1	60	1	0	0	0	0	0.00	51	51	1.000	1

parineum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2012, 08:53 PM
dma0034

Buffalo and L.A say no. Tampa thinks about it but decided that they'd rather have a goalie for cheap.

dma0034 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2012, 09:24 PM
is the answer jesus

Quote:
Wrong. Dominik Hasek had a 70 save shutout against New Jersey.

is the answer jesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2012, 10:30 PM
hfgreg
Obviously...

Uh.. Tampa says yes IMO. Ryan Miller would be the answer..

hfgreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2012, 10:45 PM
HeavyHammer
Go Bolts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by slapshots1515 View Post
And we let Yzerman get away? Dang...if he can convince the League to take a 3rd for the Cup, he might as well trade that 1st for 2 Cups.
Surely you must be joking, NHL would have to throw in a defensive prospect or a consistent 20 goal power forward before we think about trading a first. What you suggest is overpayment on Tampa's part.

This is a 1st round pick we're talking about here!!

HeavyHammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 05:56 AM
HiddenInLight

Quote:
Originally Posted by is the answer jesus View Post
Wrong. Dominik Hasek had a 70 save shutout against New Jersey.
Sorry, regulation shutout. The hasek shutout was with like 4 OT periods.

HiddenInLight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 07:37 AM
tmack224

To LA:
Vanek
T. Purcell
B. Connelly

To Buffalo:
J. Bernier
A. Kopitar
TB 1st

To Tampa:
R. Miller
D. Brown
D. Stafford

Try not to explode when you read this its just for fun and Im bored lol. So how close? Im pretty sure Tampa would have to add a cap dump

tmack224 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 08:12 AM
Rschmitz
Yzermaned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmack224 View Post
To LA:
Vanek
T. Purcell
B. Connelly

To Buffalo:
J. Bernier
A. Kopitar
TB 1st

To Tampa:
R. Miller
D. Brown
D. Stafford

Try not to explode when you read this its just for fun and Im bored lol. So how close? Im pretty sure Tampa would have to add a cap dump
Interesting but I don't think we want to give up that much youth.

Rschmitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 08:12 AM
Follower of Yzlam
OH YEEEEAH

vCash: 134
Nah, Tampa makes out like a bandit in this deal, but none of the other teams would make that deal, so why waste time discussing it? A legit proposal is more likely to happen directly between LA and Tampa, since they can fill each others needs pretty well.

Follower of Yzlam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 08:16 AM
Follower of Yzlam
OH YEEEEAH

vCash: 134
Quote:
To LA:
Vanek
T. Purcell
B. Connelly

To Buffalo:
J. Bernier
A. Kopitar
TB 1st

To Tampa:
R. Miller
D. Brown
D. Stafford

I think now we may be giving up more than I'm comfortable with, although that's a pretty insane return. LA is getting hosed here though. Give up Kopitar, Brown, and Bernier for Vanek and a guy they already gave us to for a bag of pucks? They say no quickly. Hell, even Buffalo is kind of getting hosed here.

Follower of Yzlam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 10:08 AM
kinghock

Quote:
To LA:
Vanek
T. Purcell
B. Connelly

To Buffalo:
J. Bernier
A. Kopitar
TB 1st

To Tampa:
R. Miller
D. Brown
D. Stafford

If Kings will give up Kopitar, Brown, and Bernier they will ask for Vanek, Jason Pominville, Tyler Myers, Joel Armia and B. Connelly.

kinghock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 10:30 AM
start winnin
NO MORE TANK BOYS

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinghock View Post
If Kings will give up Kopitar, Brown, and Bernier they will ask for Vanek, Jason Pominville, Tyler Myers, Joel Armia and B. Connelly.
I understand Vanek, Pominville and Armia, but Myers too..? C'mon. Only reason Kopitar has better value than Pominville is because he is a center and a little younger. Pominville does everything that Kopitar does except take faceoffs. Vanek and Brown is a wash, and Armia and Bernier is a wash as well. If Myers is going to you, we want Quick not Bernier, and you can add Voynov.

start winnin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 02:16 PM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kishire View Post
I understand Vanek, Pominville and Armia, but Myers too..? C'mon. Only reason Kopitar has better value than Pominville is because he is a center and a little younger Pominville does everything that Kopitar does except take faceoffs. Vanek and Brown is a wash, and Armia and Bernier is a wash as well. If Myers is going to you, we want Quick not Bernier, and you can add Voynov.
I have to disagree with theses points. Kopitar plays a full two mins more agame He plays in every situation .He is five years younger,In hockey term 5 years is alot younger imo. Therefore Kopitar has far more value then Pominville.

Brown is better value then vanek I will agree hes a better pure offensive winger but for 4 million in cap space and nine points diference right now i know who i would rather have. I think Vanek contract has now were near the value bufflao fans think it is.

KingCanadain1976 is offline   Reply With Quote