HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Notices

Penguins Jersey Discussion

Old
03-01-2012, 06:40 PM
PlayStation

vCash: 500
Penguins Jersey Discussion

Hey guys, I was looking to buy a Penguins jersey and their jerseys from 2010 were cheaper because somebody said they made minor modifications to their jerseys and no longer use those ones. Can anybody help me out and tell me what they changed? Thanks!

PlayStation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2012, 06:43 PM
Beauner
Bye Bye Bylsma

The ones from 10-11 jerseys had the Consol Energy Center inaugural season patch.

Also on the back by the neck, the Reebok vector logo is no longer there. It just says "Reebok".

Beauner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2012, 06:46 PM
PlayStation

Thats it!? So I can save $100+ because of that!? sweet! Haha

Old
03-01-2012, 06:48 PM
Big McLargehuge
Buff Drinklots

vCash: 422
If it's a legitimate jersey those are the only changes. The only difference to the Penguins home and road jerseys since the switch to the Edge jerseys have been patches and Reebok changing their branding this season.

Handy tool for seeing jersey changes. (though it doesn't update for all patches)

“The most terrifying fact about the universe is not that it is hostile, but that it is indifferent. If we can come to terms with this indifference and accept the challenges of life within the boundaries of death, our existence as a species can have genuine meaning and fulfillment. However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light.” - Stanley Kubrick
http://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/054.gif
Big McLargehuge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2012, 07:02 PM
PlayStation

Thanks for the help guys!
And yes its from a legit store at my local mall. It's an authentic one too!

Old
03-01-2012, 07:27 PM
SirBrad

Well there is a difference in the Edge fabric. One is called Edge 1.0 and the other is called Edge 2.0 - I have yet to see a 2.0 though. I'm not sure if the new ones with the Reebok name are Edge 2.0's. As far as I know not all the teams have switched.

http://forums.icejerseys.com/index.php?showtopic=1393

SirBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2012, 07:40 PM
PlayStation

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirBrad View Post
Well there is a difference in the Edge fabric. One is called Edge 1.0 and the other is called Edge 2.0 - I have yet to see a 2.0 though. I'm not sure if the new ones with the Reebok name are Edge 2.0's. As far as I know not all the teams have switched.

http://forums.icejerseys.com/index.php?showtopic=1393
That thread is from 08 when the OP said all jerseys were switched to the new fabric, so it wouldnt affect a 2010 jersey.

Old
03-01-2012, 10:19 PM
Mario_is_BACK!!
ACK! ACK ACK! ACK!!!

Send a message via AIM to Mario_is_BACK!! Send a message via MSN to Mario_is_BACK!!
Having a Crosby sweater from roughly '09 and having bought a Malkin sweater just last week I could immediately tell the difference in the fabric. The newer, 2.0, fabric feels lighter and allows for more air to pass through it. That's great if you're playing hockey but as someone who sits around and wears it, it's not so great. It felt thinner to me and almost cheaper. Outside of that, as stated the Reebok logos are different on the sleeves and back of the jersey.

Mario_is_BACK!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2012, 10:51 PM
UnderratedBrooks44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mario_is_BACK!! View Post
Having a Crosby sweater from roughly '09 and having bought a Malkin sweater just last week I could immediately tell the difference in the fabric. The newer, 2.0, fabric feels lighter and allows for more air to pass through it. That's great if you're playing hockey but as someone who sits around and wears it, it's not so great. It felt thinner to me and almost cheaper. Outside of that, as stated the Reebok logos are different on the sleeves and back of the jersey.
On that note as I've no doubt said before in other random jersey threads, the numbers are a crappy plastic-looking material instead of the old heavier ones that were much better. From a jersey buying perspectives I hate the Reebok jerseys. They're basically crappier and more expensive.

UnderratedBrooks44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2012, 11:05 PM
Mario_is_BACK!!
ACK! ACK ACK! ACK!!!

Send a message via AIM to Mario_is_BACK!! Send a message via MSN to Mario_is_BACK!!
You are correct sir. I wouldn't have purchased the Malkin one if I didn't have my employee discount.

Mario_is_BACK!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2012, 11:11 PM
SirBrad

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayStation View Post
That thread is from 08 when the OP said all jerseys were switched to the new fabric, so it wouldnt affect a 2010 jersey.
Yeah I know, but I don't think all the teams changed right away...in fact I am not even sure they have all changed as of now. The last authentic I bought was 2 years ago.

Next time I am at Consol Energy Center I will take a look in the team store and see what they are selling there.

SirBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 01:42 AM
PlayStation

Sweet! Might pick up an authentic Malkin for about $150 then!

Old
03-02-2012, 10:04 AM
Ignatius
Tower Garden Fanatic

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayStation View Post
Thanks for the help guys!
And yes its from a legit store at my local mall. It's an authentic one too!
I wanted to point out that the "authentic" jerseys for 2011-2012 that are available for public purchase are not actually authentic like the jerseys that are worn on-ice in games. If you happen to come across an jersey labeled as authentic with a silver Reebok logo on the back below the collar, it is a true authentic. What Reebok has recently been selling to the public as an authentic this season has "Reebok" on the back below the collar, these are a cheapened version of the authentic on-ice jersey and usually cost $50-70 less than an actual authentic.

Authentic On-Ice Jersey (happens to be game worn, notice silver Reebok logo on the back): http://www.iwn.fi/~dana/gw_players/R...preseason.html

Ignatius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 11:47 AM
MetalheadPenguinsFan
Disco Is Dead!!!

So does anyone know if any places online still sell the truly "Made In Canada" Authentics. I.E. The ones with the Reebok vector logos on the back instead of the "REEBOK" lettering, etc.

MetalheadPenguinsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 02:25 PM
Ignatius
Tower Garden Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalheadPenguinsFan View Post
So does anyone know if any places online still sell the truly "Made In Canada" Authentics. I.E. The ones with the Reebok vector logos on the back instead of the "REEBOK" lettering, etc.
I'm pretty sure House'O'Hockey in Monroeville, PA still has some, I'd recommend to contact them and check as well as specifically request this version of jersey if you happen to order. I'm pretty sure if you don't make such a request they'll just give you whatever jersey they happen to pick first.

Old
03-02-2012, 06:19 PM
MetalheadPenguinsFan
Disco Is Dead!!!

Hmm. What about Icejerseys.com

Do they still carry the truly "Made In Canada" Authentics. I.E. The ones with the Reebok vector logos on the back??? As that's who I'd probably deal with if I was to buy a blank Authentic Pens home jersey and get it customized with Geno's name and numbers.

Last thing I wanna end up with though is one of these cheapass "Made In Indonesia" Authentics.

Old
03-04-2012, 06:04 AM

I'm not going to start a thread about it but does anyone else love the gun metal grey the Pens have in their practice jersey's? I actually think thats the way to bring the amber gold back and not bite on the old jersey's. Just add that grey.

Like have a black, grey and white jersey and have the only amber be the #'s, name and triangle.

#66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 01:43 PM
Ignatius
Tower Garden Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by #66 View Post
I'm not going to start a thread about it but does anyone else love the gun metal grey the Pens have in their practice jersey's? I actually think thats the way to bring the amber gold back and not bite on the old jersey's. Just add that grey.

Like have a black, grey and white jersey and have the only amber be the #'s, name and triangle.
Absolutely 100% agree, in fact I've advocated having a regular jersey in that color. I'm thinking of taking our white road jersey and replacing the white with dark grey. Many people hate the "robo-Pens" jerseys from late 90's but I love how grey was implemented.

Old
03-04-2012, 03:17 PM
MetalheadPenguinsFan
Disco Is Dead!!!

How Many More Years....

Until you think we'll be getting new home and away jerseys??? Better question is, when does this current RBK deal expire??

Personally I think we're due for a nice fresh change of pace for home and away jerseys.

Discuss.

Old
03-04-2012, 03:21 PM
AugustBurnsRed*
Invisible Calls

I wouldn't mind a slightly updated version of the 2002-2007 jersey. I actually really like the Pens jersey's now, besides the sides.

AugustBurnsRed* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 04:06 PM
GeorgesLaRAWK

Hopefully in the next year or two.

In NHL 12 I rotate between the two blue alternates, the early 90s, and the 2006-2007 sweaters. Rarely use the current ones.

EDIT: On a related note, does anyone else ALWAYS switch the Canes to the Whalers throwbacks?

GeorgesLaRAWK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 04:06 PM
ColePens
Global Moderator
Your Savior

Send a message via AIM to ColePens
I know it's a money thing.. but i want to see a reebok updated 92 Penguins jersey so bad. Reason we will never see it is because so many people buy the old school ones anyways. It's a shame.

ColePens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 04:11 PM
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColePens View Post
I know it's a money thing.. but i want to see a reebok updated 92 Penguins jersey so bad. Reason we will never see it is because so many people buy the old school ones anyways. It's a shame.
I'd love them as our thirds, but I really hope we stick with vegas gold for our primary jerseys. I love our current jerseys

Ogrezilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2012, 04:15 PM
MetalheadPenguinsFan
Disco Is Dead!!!

*Idea*

Should we sticky this thread and use it as like an all purpose Penguins jersey talk thread? I.E. For those of us wanting to buy jerseys but have questions or need help, or to discuss jersey concepts, etc.

Old
03-04-2012, 04:22 PM
ColePens
Global Moderator
Your Savior

Send a message via AIM to ColePens
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalheadPenguinsFan View Post
*Idea*

Should we sticky this thread and use it as like an all purpose Penguins jersey talk thread? I.E. For those of us wanting to buy jerseys but have questions or need help, or to discuss jersey concepts, etc.
I'd say no because it never warrants more than a few posts every now and again. If the thread disappears for months and months then comes back up, it's cool to revisit issues.

ColePens is offline   Reply With Quote