HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

Weber and our potential "big trade"

Closed Thread

Old
01-29-2006, 02:24 PM
braindead

vCash: 500
Weber and our potential "big trade"

(this beating taking place from a slightly different angle though).

I've now seen Trotz quoted 3 different times about our need to see what the young guys could do (referring to Weber coming up instead of Allison playing). This leads me to believe we are at least contemplating trading a D-man as part of an effort to upgrade the team (presumably at- flog - center).

While it is possible that Weber is the trade bait, it seems unlikely to me (no need to re-flog that here).

My real question is, did Weber pass the test in the eyes of Poile etc.? I would say maybe contingent on which dman would be replaced.

Here are my thoughts for replacing:
Allison- an upgrade but not a smart one to have Weber as the 7th dman. Won't happen.

Eaton- probably a wash after 15-20 games but w/o the experience so expect more bonehead mistakes. Unlikely result to me since Eaton seems unlikely to be part of a blockbuster trade. Only likely as a trade, I think, if it is for a less gifted center.

Suter- probably a wash now given Suter's recent games but Weber seems likely to make more rookie mistakes than Suter has made. An upgrade on the physical side. I think this is the 2nd most likely trade if it is a true blockbuster.

Zids- could be a slight upgrade on D but even with Shea's shot it would be a significant reduction on offense. I think this is the most likely trade.

Markov- D would be worse, although a was on the physical side, slight upgrade on shot offset by losing the very nice bomb passes that Markov makes. A possible trade, particularly given the salary.

Hammer and Kimmo- D would be significantly worse in every area except the physical side. Can't see a trade involving either.

Old
01-30-2006, 08:12 AM
muddycreek*

Play with the hand we have! we're going to make the playoffs and probably get past the second round. No use in rushing this thing and trading away our future!

Last edited by muddycreek*: 02-01-2006 at 06:21 PM.
Old
02-01-2006, 06:20 PM
haner74

Weber will be a future star. Nashville would be foolish to trade him. But if they do, please let it be to Vancouver.

Closed Thread